1994: Clash of The Titans

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just deleted it from my laptop and re-downloaded it but the same thing occurs :(

You need to open TEW2013 (as always, in admin mode) and go to the editor.

Create a new database called (for example) 1994.

Close TEW.

Copy the files (Savegames folder, readme and TEW2013.mdb) from wherever you have saved them and overwrite the newly created database which should be in Program Files -> GDS -> TEW2013 -> Databases -> 1994. If it isn't you were probably not in admin mode.

Reopen TEW and, if the game hasn't already, switch to the 1994 database.

Basically it's exactly the same process as TEW2010 except instead of 44 database files there is now just the one, and to avoid anything odd happening you should close TEW between steps (which was probably advisable but not as essential in TEW2010).

Mind if I host this on EWWAREHOUSE.INFO?

Sure, go ahead. If possible, I'd like you to put in a link to this thread - so that people can go here if they have any feedback. :)

Thanks a bunch for the mod! Looking through relationships, and I noticed that Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart were already set at Simmering Tension. Not sure if you've seen the Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart DVD where Jim Ross conducted a sitdown interview with both of them at the same time, but apparently during this time period, they were still getting along, if not friends. In fact, from what I remember of watching the interview, it seemed that the first time Bret was really totally rubbed the wrong way by Shawn was when he was telling him ideas of working with the Klique when he found out Vince was ready to put the WWF Title on him.

I put a lot of thinking into this one, actually. I know that it's probably a wee bit too early, but that's why I only have it down as "simmering tension" - as in "things aren't bad between them per se, but there's stuff waiting to happen...". It's just that this is the biggest, most well-known and most influential wrestling rivalry of all time... so I'd like it at least have a small chance to flounder. With simmering tension, it can still go both ways. Nothing is set in stone, but it can happen.

Also, don't think Shawn and Jim Cornette disliked each other at this point in time. While Jim knew how Shawn could be, I don't think there was a total dislike until about 1996 or so. Not sure if there was tension between Bam Bam and Shawn at this point either. Maybe I missed something, but I thought Bam Bam and Shawn didn't start having differences till after Wrestlemania 11. I could be totally wrong on that, though.

Can't recall the issue with Cornette at all, will have to look into that. I think you're right about Bam Bam, though.

Personally, I find the penalties for lifestyle issues to be a bit too strong (Diesel beating down Razor graded C-!), but that's not necessarily the mod's fault and easily something to change as I go along.

The lifestyle penalties are still too severe? I lowered them a great deal already... please let me know if it's a common problem or a one-time occurance.

One thing to consider for a future update would be to use the new 2013 angles and match types. It seems that you are still using the 2008 angles (certainly the ones I used in a test game don't autoname) and the new 2013 angles have an impact on storylines which the current set in the mod don't. It's easily done before starting a new game, admittedly :)

Ah yes, didn't touch the angles. I'll put that as #1 on my to-do list.

Thanks to everyone for kind words and/or feedback! :)

I put a lot of thinking into this one, actually. I know that it's probably a wee bit too early, but that's why I only have it down as "simmering tension" - as in "things aren't bad between them per se, but there's stuff waiting to happen...". It's just that this is the biggest, most well-known and most influential wrestling rivalry of all time... so I'd like it at least have a small chance to flounder. With simmering tension, it can still go both ways. Nothing is set in stone, but it can happen.

Never thought of it like that before. Sounds like you couldn't go wrong with either set-up, then. :)

And natey2k4, the mod starts in July 1994, so I'm sure Alex Wright will be in it. ^_^

What is the time frame for this?

You're kidding, right? :p

Just wondering if Alex Wright will be included?

He is.

Never thought of it like that before. Sounds like you couldn't go wrong with either set-up, then. :)

Yeah I'm hoping it works out that way.

The lifestyle penalties are still too severe? I lowered them a great deal already... please let me know if it's a common problem or a one-time occurance.

I think it really depends on what you were looking to get out of the lifestyle penalties. Personally, if I play a RW mod I want to be able to book largely as I please but for the game to keep me within what I would describe as realistic limits. For example, although I want to be able to book Triple H vs The Rock in 2001 and have it grade at main event level (i.e. B or above), I don't want Tatanka to jump to A* level after three shows.

As a quick experiment I ran the following angles on Superstars...

Diesel cuts promo on Razor (C+)

Razor cuts promo on Diesel (C-)

Lex Luger attacks Tatanka (B)

Randy Savage & Jerry Lawler argue (B)

For me, having Razor cut a promo at C- (despite a pop of B- and excellent ent. skills), and having dragged Diesel's beatdown from the previous show to the same grade makes him largely unusable for a promotion of the WWF's product and size. The fact that Luger and Tatanka can get a B grade beatdown angle when Diesel and Razor only grade C- is what makes me think it's simply the lifestyle choices having too big an effect.

Again, it isn't something I'd say was a problem with the mod - I did look in the editor and it isn't as if the percentages are particularly high. It's just a personal choice (I want a ME Razor Ramon to be able to main event) with RW games that I can easily fix myself if I want to.

That small niggle aside, it really looks like TEW2013 was made for mods like yours. Where I might have pulled a low C+ for my first RAW in 2010 I easily managed a decent B- (and if I had been playing properly it would almost certainly have been higher).

Fooling around with it now Hive. Looks good so far. I'm looking at the lifestyle choices and agree that you need to bring them down.

Recall that even 1% on the meter means you have a problem. 40% is a disaster. The game heavily penalizes for drugs and alcohol. Scott Hall for example was not off the deep end at this point and should not be at that level. It wasn't really until 1997 that his drinking and drugs went so badly over the top that he was struggling to perform.

Recall that even 1% on the meter means you have a problem. 40% is a disaster. The game heavily penalizes for drugs and alcohol. Scott Hall for example was not off the deep end at this point and should not be at that level. It wasn't really until 1997 that his drinking and drugs went so badly over the top that he was struggling to perform.

^This. I remember reading that somewhere here on the forum(I think in the 2010 edition of the small questions thread, or maybe in the suggestion board, can't remember). The problem is how would you handle workers who people suspect are on steroids, but it's never been proven because they never failed a drug test to our knowledge(i.e., Triple H, John Cena, etc.)? I guess just set them at 0% steroids? It's what I do for my own personal games. :D

Then there are workers like Shawn Michaels who had drug problems back in the 90s, but it never actually effected his in-ring work, only his personality. I guess you just set his personality accordingly and maybe set his personal problems at either 0 or 1%?

^This. I remember reading that somewhere here on the forum(I think in the 2010 edition of the small questions thread, or maybe in the suggestion board, can't remember). The problem is how would you handle workers who people suspect are on steroids, but it's never been proven because they never failed a drug test to our knowledge(i.e., Triple H, John Cena, etc.)? I guess just set them at 0% steroids? It's what I do for my own personal games. :D

Then there are workers like Shawn Michaels who had drug problems back in the 90s, but it never actually effected his in-ring work, only his personality. I guess you just set his personality accordingly and maybe set his personal problems at either 0 or 1%?

Actually his drinking problem got him fired the first time he was with the WWF.

Actually his drinking problem got him fired the first time he was with the WWF.

No, a fight in a bar got him fired. He didn't have a drinking problem back then.

In TEW terms, a "problem" is defined by whether or not it was affecting his performance. I'd go as far as to say that nothing Shawn took or drank ever affected his performance.

No, a fight in a bar got him fired. He didn't have a drinking problem back then.

In TEW terms, a "problem" is defined by whether or not it was affecting his performance. I'd go as far as to say that nothing Shawn took or drank ever affected his performance.

A fight that he didn't even start at that! :D

You need to open TEW2013 (as always, in admin mode) and go to the editor.

Create a new database called (for example) 1994.

Close TEW.

Copy the files (Savegames folder, readme and TEW2013.mdb) from wherever you have saved them and overwrite the newly created database which should be in Program Files -> GDS -> TEW2013 -> Databases -> 1994. If it isn't you were probably not in admin mode.

Reopen TEW and, if the game hasn't already, switch to the 1994 database.

Basically it's exactly the same process as TEW2010 except instead of 44 database files there is now just the one, and to avoid anything odd happening you should close TEW between steps (which was probably advisable but not as essential in TEW2010).

Thank you so very much it has now worked. The fact that there were not 44 files threw me as thats what we are all used to in TEW12, I'll get used to it eventually!! :):)

There was alot of confusion about this in TEW '10. Thankfully Adam has provided this in the editor for '13....

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8479/tewlifestyle.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for posting that Genadi!

With that posted I don't think Hall or HBK should be above 20 by 1994. Perhaps Hall at something like 16 and HBK at something like 10. Give Hall the party animal personality and then perhaps it gets worse if not checked?

Anyway, I can't wait to get a good game going on this. I plan to make Stan Hansen the most popular wrestler in the world!

really liking what I've seen so far; shall have a proper play around when I get more chance and provide any feedback on any issues I can find..

as an aside (as I cant find a more suitable thread for this);

anyone have this ECW logo -

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/678/178/CactusJackandMikeyWhipwreck_display_image.jpg?1323887041

cant find it anywhere apart from in the background of pictures..

***EDIT***

Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge have moral issues with the content of a Barbed Wire tag match...

and Dory Jr and Terry Funk.... maybe Personalities on a whole need looking at to check for things like this? pretty sure that Terry at the very least should be willing to participate...

***EDIT***

And to continue this editting; should Tommy Dreamer really be -that- popular in 1994? I know that he kicked out of the Superfly splash by this point.. but the whole 'blind' Sandman incident hadnt happened yet.. and he was still pretty midcard until that point.. when you compare his and Sandman's popularity they seem backwards.. Sandman defaults as a Midcarder while Tommy is a Main Eventer..

ECW ME's should be Douglas, the Funks, Snuka, Cactus and probably Sabu... then Sandman just in the UM with Public Enemy... then maybe Tazmaniac and Dreamer in the UM with folks who have 'big league exposure' like Scorpio; the Bruise Brothers shouldnt be UM either.. theyve only been in SMW before ECW so definitely shouldnt be that over.. maybe Mikey should sit in the UM as well.. then your midcard can have guys like Bad Breed and the Pitbulls.. Tommy Cairo and Jason.. and the Bruise Brothers.. then the undercard can have everyone else..

basically ECW could probably do with a popularity overhaul.. (I've not really looked into any other promotions yet; and probably havent got the knowledge to give proper analysis like above either)

hope this helps! sorry if it's come across a bit nitpicky.

Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge have moral issues with the content of a Barbed Wire tag match...

and Dory Jr and Terry Funk.... maybe Personalities on a whole need looking at to check for things like this? pretty sure that Terry at the very least should be willing to participate...

On that, I've noticed in a lot of mods that people are setting workers to being extremely conservative or liberal based on their political leanings. IIRC, I believe that is NOT supposed to be the case. It's supposed to determine whether the worker is willing to work risky matches/angles.

On that, I've noticed in a lot of mods that people are setting workers to being extremely conservative or liberal based on their political leanings. IIRC, I believe that is NOT supposed to be the case. It's supposed to determine whether the worker is willing to work risky matches/angles.

You are spot on Matt, it has nothing to do with their political stance and is based on what content they're willing to participate in.

I know how this is supposed to be used, I have - for the most part - not touched that slider. Which, in this case, seems to be the problem; the slider right in the middle is apparantly not enough for them to do the risky matches.

Archived