1994: Clash of The Titans

I know how this is supposed to be used, I have - for the most part - not touched that slider. Which, in this case, seems to be the problem; the slider right in the middle is apparantly not enough for them to do the risky matches.

I know your mod wasn't the problem. ^_^ But I have seen mods where people just remembered "Hey, that guy is really in love with the GOP" or "I remember that guy said he was voting for Barack Obama" and pushed the sliders accordingly. Ironically enough, sometimes the way Conservative/Liberal is meant to be interpreted in the game can fall in line with the political definitions, i.e. extreme right wing nuts wanting to censor everything(Glenn Beck's joke of a news segment on Chris Benoit, anyone?)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Downloaded it. Playing it. Loving it. Thank you.

Maybe this is too much to ask, but on a future update would it be possible to use the agers feature to change the pics as time passes.

I have thought about it before, but I must admit that it's not currently very high on my list of priorities.

It's long been a rumor that Lombardi and Patterson were an item.

It's real to me!

It's never been confirmed though. Not like Greiner.

I don't believe that was ever confirmed...?

For what it's worth, it's also a strong rumor that Vince and Shawn were an item so...

With the amount of white powder and alcoholic beverages HBK consumed in the 90's, I'm about ready to believe anything.

It's real to me!

LOL.

I don't believe that was ever confirmed...?

It was. He was with Grenier when he had his heart attack. They were living together I think. Not sure, but they were definitely together.

With the amount of white powder and alcoholic beverages HBK consumed in the 90's, I'm about ready to believe anything.

Roadwarrior Hawk swore by it.

It was. He was with Grenier when he had his heart attack. They were living together I think. Not sure, but they were definitely together.

They were having dinner together at Patterson's house when it happened, from what I could gather. Which, to me, doesn't prove anything other than them being close friends. Which is what Grenier himself has always claimed. Also, Grenier have been seen with at least one girlfriend. I'm not sure what to believe.

Either way, since Grenier won't be activated for quite some years, his relationship with Patterson is, of course, not as influential as the case of Lombardi. Which many, many wrestlers claim to be true. And some, of course, denying it.

Hi I love the mod but I am getting a run time error 6 - overflow when I try to set someones push, it allowed me to decide someones push for the first few days on the game, did a WCW Saturday Night/WCW Maint Event taping then when I tried to assign newly signed workers their push it comes up with the error and crashes the game, has anyone else had this problem ?

They were having dinner together at Patterson's house when it happened, from what I could gather. Which, to me, doesn't prove anything other than them being close friends. Which is what Grenier himself has always claimed. Also, Grenier have been seen with at least one girlfriend. I'm not sure what to believe.

Either way, since Grenier won't be activated for quite some years, his relationship with Patterson is, of course, not as influential as the case of Lombardi. Which many, many wrestlers claim to be true. And some, of course, denying it.

Oh I thought we were just talking. Wasn't telling you to put the relationship in the mod or change the one with Lombardi.

Do people seem to be having a problem with drugs and whatnot using this mod? Because they get penalized for EVERY habit they have, a tag match between Michaels/Diesel and Razor/Savage gets a total of 12 negative comments just for substance abuse. Meanwhile, I don't feel a guy like Michaels had many setbacks because of drugs or anything throughout this time period. Just seems a bit unrealistic. Not really the fault of the mod, just an observation I've made as I somewhat struggle to make the WWF succeed.

Then again, they faced the same problem in real life.

I went in and edited out or down the bad habits as many of them are to high according to the help box, unless they are going crazy with abuse they shouldn't be above 5 percent if that even

Did the same - there is no way Sting's habits or Ric Flair's lifestyle ever really interfered with the calibre of match they put on. Ric perhaps was better on the drink!

Did the same - there is no way Sting's habits or Ric Flair's lifestyle ever really interfered with the calibre of match they put on. Ric perhaps was better on the drink!

Sting made an entire self life documentary detailing how it did ;)

Be warned if you haven't watched it, it's 2 hours of your life you're never getting back.

Flair should not be compared to anyone, the guy could still out wrestle half of WWE's roster at age 55.... that isn't normal and neither is he :p

I'm really struggling with gimmicks in this mod, as in *all* of them almost always registering C+ ratings on big stars, thus incurring penalties. This is reload after reload, some input, heavy, creative etc.

Yikes.

Absolutely love it though, the mod.

I've found this to be a problem with every game of TEW I've ever played. I learned that if you go in and up the subtlety and risk rating of gimmicks to somewhere between 25 and 30% it fixes the problem. That was in TEW10 though, not sure about this one yet.

I've found this to be a problem with every game of TEW I've ever played. I learned that if you go in and up the subtlety and risk rating of gimmicks to somewhere between 25 and 30% it fixes the problem. That was in TEW10 though, not sure about this one yet.

This is new to me, I'll have a look at it.

Oh, and happy new year to you all!

This is new to me, I'll have a look at it.

Oh, and happy new year to you all!

It's not a mod problem. It's literally happened with every single game regardless of the mod I played in TEW10. All the gimmicks with subtlety at 0 came in at C+ nearly 95% of the time.

Now, comments on your current mod:

I'd suggest bringing down the popularity for WCW. This was a really dark time for the wrestling business in general, but WCW was in a really bad state. The bad booking and the fall off of NWA fans really hurt WCW. The ppv rates in 94 without Hogan were all around .5. Abysmal numbers. The WWF, despite being a in a bad way, was running at twice that. WCW's best number in 94 was the debut of Hogan which got 1.02. The WWF did better than 1 on all the big ppvs except KOTR.

I'd really advise taking WCW down to like 84 in the Mid Atlantic, maybe 85 in the Southeast, maybe 83 in the Mid-South, 75 in the Southwest and Great Lakes, 65 in Puerto Rico and then 70 everywhere else. They are still National at this point but should be relatively easy to grow if you get B shows or better.

Just not sure the mod is accurately capturing that when WCW signed Hogan in 94 they were far behind the WWF who had years of a head start on WCW. Also, WCW didn't really gain much for awhile from Hogan unless Hogan was on the show. Even in 94, on ppvs after Hogan debuted where he didn't wrestle, the buyrate fell in half.

Depending on how much of a challenge you want to make the game you may even want to consider bringing down the popularity of some of the WCW guys.

Edit: I've taken the popularity down and running some tests right now so I'll let you know what I find.

I've attempted to recreate the 1994 ECW logo; not fantastic but its sufficient for me... here you go if you want to use it..

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/ECW94_zps2a059415.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/ECW_94_zpsc388288e.jpg

I've attempted to recreate the 1994 ECW logo; not fantastic but its sufficient for me... here you go if you want to use it..

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/ECW94_zps2a059415.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Anderz_Baz/ECW_94_zpsc388288e.jpg

Not bad. If you spaced it out a little better it would look really good. Do you has the psd file of this? I could work on it for you.

Not bad. If you spaced it out a little better it would look really good. Do you has the psd file of this? I could work on it for you.

I havent no; it was just something I put together late last night and never thought to save.

I may have another bash at it from scratch as it definitely isnt perfect; if I do i'll save a psd for it.

Archived