The C-Verse Rerender Project: Part Deux

This is my first attempt...I think it turned out decent but I couldn't get the background to look right. I searched the forums high and low and couldn't find an April Appleseed so I made one instead. Let me know what you guys think.

April Appleseed

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/kevincumpton/April%20Appleseed_zpscbly5ses.png?t=1443594108http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/kevincumpton/April%20Appleseed_zpspjlwstyo.jpg?t=1443594110

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is my first attempt...I think it turned out decent but I couldn't get the background to look right. I searched the forums high and low and couldn't find an April Appleseed so I made one instead. Let me know what you guys think.

I render on a transparent backdrop, then put it onto the Cverse background manually, with photoshop or a similar program. Nice first render

Nice first one. During the transition to the small picture the girl seems compressed.

As Self said it's better working before on a transparent background. Save it on png before transition to the C-Verse background, so you can also show the big render, without having a backdrop behind.

Welcome back!

Along the biggest Japanese players I think Yasunobu Masuno is the only one missing. Am I right? ;)

Masuno has been redone twice.

jhd1

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx212/Cverse_Rerender/jhd1/YasunobuMasuno.jpg

jtlant

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii145/jtlant/TEW/YasunobuMasuno_alt1jt.jpg

I know both jhd1 and jtlant did it.

I wouldn't mind see a Bull's take because he rendered a lot of the BHOTWG and PGHW big names. Nakasawa and Masuno were the ones missing along his creations, now only the second half of Black Magic is left.

Held off on Masuno just because of jtlants. I've always thought his renders were way better than mine, plus mine tend to look quite a bit similar to one another, but since you wanted my take here you go.:o

Held off on Masuno just because of jtlants. I've always thought his renders were way better than mine, plus mine tend to look quite a bit similar to one another, but since you wanted my take here you go.:o

They are different. Jtlant's Masuno looks more angry, yours more menacing.

They are different. Jtlant's Masuno looks more angry, yours more menacing.

I meant that my renders look similar to each other. Especially my Japanese ones. I tend to stick to certain setting for certain facial features like the nose and jaw line so they all start running together sometimes. Just go back and look at my Peter Michaels and Duane Fry renders, they have the exact same eye's and brow. Now that is partly because I didn't get to finish Duane but it's also partly because I always set the face a certain way before I start trying to match features for the person I'm re-rendering.

Guest Asaemon
I meant that my renders look similar to each other. Especially my Japanese ones. I tend to stick to certain setting for certain facial features like the nose and jaw line so they all start running together sometimes. Just go back and look at my Peter Michaels and Duane Fry renders, they have the exact same eye's and brow. Now that is partly because I didn't get to finish Duane but it's also partly because I always set the face a certain way before I start trying to match features for the person I'm re-rendering.

Would it be possible to have an updated BISON Yano, so that he looks to be in the same size as Brute Kikuchi? Maybe with the same angry expression and a unshaven gritty look. :cool:

Guest Asaemon

It doesn't matter, those renders are great. BISON and Brute are going to be pushed as the next big things in the tag team division. :cool:

Thanks mate!

There I used Pixlr to put her on a C-Verse Background.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/kevincumpton/April%20Appleseed_zpsyzjjmhec.jpg?t=1443629244

If you or someone else wants to give Sir Winston Watoga a shot, he's in pretty desperate need of a re-render -- he's one of Japan's top prospects but he's currently represented by a Chinese non-fighter render from WMMA4 -- a broadcaster, none-the-less.

He could use better representation, and I'd think you'd be the guy to do it.

If you or someone else wants to give Sir Winston Watoga a shot, he's in pretty desperate need of a re-render -- he's one of Japan's top prospects but he's currently represented by a Chinese non-fighter render from WMMA4 -- a broadcaster, none-the-less.

I totally support this. And I would add that both a gimmick "Sir Winston" and a plain "young lion" render for him would be awesome :)

"I should stop expressing myself in such distaste. I am spending a fortune in monocles!" :D

Great Work!

Damn I just seen the request but jtlant beat me to it...and he did a fantastic job! I would take a crack out at it but that one from Jt would be far superior of what I could pull off...I don't have a lot of hair options for this program and don't want to sink actual money into this since it's just kind of a hobby.