The C-Verse Rerender Project: Part Deux

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jackpot Jordan/Jake Idol (I didn't have a similar hair for Jackpot so I gave him a longer "do")

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/JackpotJordan.jpghttp://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/JakeIdol-1.jpghttp://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/JakeIdol.jpg

Adrian Garcia

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/AdrianGarcia.jpg

Dusty Ducont (wanted to give him a little more rugged Terry Gordy-ish look)

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/DustyDucont.jpg

Mercy Michaels

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/MercyMichaels.jpg

Yeah, I both fear and admire aja_nyc's mask work in equal measure. :)

Wooo! We have a LoNdOn sighting! :D

I agree, these masks are great. Which mask set are you using, if I may ask? I like their 3d-ish look

It's not DAZ/Poser work, they're done using old-fashioned cut-n-paste and Photoshop (well, Paint.net, actually). That Luchador Original render began as a bit of side-detail off of a photo of a RL luchador mask, and Pájaro Del Fuego has 12 different components, six for the mask (mask base, mask pattern, cross, eye holes, faceplates and side wings/flames) and six for the body (eyes, mouth, body, tattoos).

While slowly going through the process of replacing all the renders in 2013 with the re-renders I have gotten so used to.. I noticed that a series of renders Ewanite did seemed to have lost a lot of resolution when they were resized from 500 px to 150 px.

Here is Ewanites superb Christian Faith in a before and after shot!

Before - After

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af173/ewanite/ChristianFaith-1.jpghttp://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/ChristianFaith_zpsa5b9740f.jpg

matches what I do with him as his new heel personna of Christian Faithless -- Great stuff!

Great Render. Really digging the lighting on it.

Thanks alot man! Always good to see someone enjoying my work!

The Samoan Wildboyz

Akima Brave/Kid Toma

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/da_kine_brah/Renders/AkimaBrave_zps14a8411c.jpghttp://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/da_kine_brah/Renders/KidToma_zps9968903d.jpg

I'd love to see someone's take on Scythe!

I know there's been a few versions out there; however, he's one of those characters I feel you could take in SO many directions. Not a request from me, as I actually like the one I'm using, but thought I'd be interesting to see what people thought he may look like.

The Scythe, for those who don't know, is the weapon that the Grim Reaper carries with him. That said, I would perceive him to look much like the fictional character.

Great work here!

Probably the best you've done Sockpuppet, the faces look a lot less shiny and oversaturated (though I still wish you'd have them look directly at the camera!).

A quick defringing would also do these wonders, unless of course it's a shadow you've added?

Thanks. That's actually shadow from the backlighting.

Agreed - this came out great.

Took me a while to realise that was hair and not a black hood though, something is off with it.

It would perhaps be more clear if the face was a little ... err smaller/further away? Other than that however I agree it's a brilliant render.

I'd love to see someone's take on Scythe!

I know there's been a few versions out there; however, he's one of those characters I feel you could take in SO many directions. Not a request from me, as I actually like the one I'm using, but thought I'd be interesting to see what people thought he may look like.

The Scythe, for those who don't know, is the weapon that the Grim Reaper carries with him. That said, I would perceive him to look much like the fictional character.

Great work here!

Actually, the avatar I use was once done for a community project (that never came to the light of day unfortunately) but I've used it for either my user character or in 2013, for Scythe and renamed him Dominus Nox (lord of the night, W 40k reference w00t) - any closer to the grim reaper would imo be too similar to Vengeance/Skull DeBones, no?

Hi Guys- I am brand new to TEW, and I apologize in advance if I have missed something along the way, but how do I go about using these awesome rerenders in my game? I have dropbox but downloaded the zip, but what do I do from there? Do I extract the zip into TEW pictures folder or do I need to do something beyond that?

Hi Guys- I am brand new to TEW, and I apologize in advance if I have missed something along the way, but how do I go about using these awesome rerenders in my game? I have dropbox but downloaded the zip, but what do I do from there? Do I extract the zip into TEW pictures folder or do I need to do something beyond that?

I suggest to read the first post on this thread. It's very useful!

Let me apologize for Kitarzu I have no idea what made him post something like that since if he would have read YOUR post instead of jumping on you for not reading something. He would have realized that your question had nothing to do with how to go about putting these renders into your game. Most of us have been around this board for nearly a decade at this point and not all of us remember what its like to be new somewhere. So let me be the first to say welcome to TEW, welcome to GDS its honestly one of the better places on the internet. Just the fact that I can look at what Kitarzu said and say "whoa that wasn't nice" is a testament to how great this community is, since there are other places in cyber space where that would have been a warm greeting compared to how people normally act. Most of the things in the mod section are pretty self explanatory. If it has to do with graphics always look at the first post to see if they're taking requests, if they're not, and what the rules for that artist might be. If you're ever unsure of something just ask there are a lot of cool guys on here that will be happy to give you the information you need.

As far as your question goes. I would suggest unzipping the file to your desktop or anywhere really. Since there are multiple renderings of the same character a lot of times you have three or four fantastic artists who have all given a take on a character. I would create a new folder inside of that folder and drag the renders you want to replace into that folder. From there I would suggest renaming them as the characters name. So you might have a picture that's name is Christian Faith_ewanite4, well if you simply drag that into the people file for the game it won't register with the game to change Christian Faith's picture. So change it to just simply Christian Faith and then drag it into the people folder to replace it. You can obviously name it something else too if you want to keep both pictures that just means you'll have to manually replace the picture in the editor by clicking on the picture. It will pull up all of the pictures by name in alphabetical order and from there you just find the picture you want to replace.

I hope I've answered your question if not feel free to repost it.

Yes, I did that, and did not see install instructions, hence why I posted the question. It would have been just as simple for you to answer that than to post something snarky.

No intention of being snarky, rude or jumping on someone for not reading.

I understood your question as how I could use these renders. That's why I answered that way, especially referring this part of the first post:

Use

General rules for use are listed below

Use in private games: Allowed

Use in diarys/dynasties: Allowed

Use in mods: Artists Permission Required

Use outside of GDS: Artists Permission Required

(These permissions also apply to the previous rerender thread & all Render threads (except when stated otherwise))

Aside our little argument, Welcome to TEW forums, explore the threads & enjoy the game!

I understood your question as how I could use these renders. That's why I answered that way, especially referring this part of the first post:

Use

General rules for use are listed below

Use in private games: Allowed

Use in diarys/dynasties: Allowed

Use in mods: Artists Permission Required

Use outside of GDS: Artists Permission Required

(These permissions also apply to the previous rerender thread & all Render threads (except when stated otherwise))

Aside our little argument, Welcome to TEW forums, explore the threads & enjoy the game!

Hook was clearly asking how to go about putting them in his game. His intent is pretty blatant considering the bolded part.

Hook was clearly asking how to go about putting them in his game. His intent is pretty blatant considering the bolded part.

I've replied in the middle of a insomniac night. As a matter of fact it was almost 4:00 am in my time zone.

I think it's enough; there's no reason to continue on this.

Thanks for welcome, and no worries, just a small misunderstanding, moving on :). By the way, loving the re-renders- they look great in my game!

Its funny when this idea was first presented, by Ewanite by the way. I was skeptical, of course I also didn't quite understand what he was wanting to accomplish. I had become so attached to those pictures I didn't think there was any way I would want to change pictures. Now virtually every worker that has been re rendered I have changed over in my game as well. It really has been a fantastic project and a huge thank you to everyone who's ever contributed to it.

I could see how many would be skeptical of such a project due to the attachment that Stennick mentioned. But I for one was very happy to see this project come along. At the very least it would afford people a wealth of renders to use for random/re gens. Quite clearly it has given us that and SO much more. :)