• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All i could get to load was the tag page, and found this

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/daddy19841/TommyCornell_alt1jt.jpg

I don't know who did it, but if its yours could you please pm me?

Thanks in advance.

That render is by jtlant.

You would make the texture in an image editor like Paint.NET, GiMP, Photoshop, or Fireworks (just to name a few), then use Daz's "Materials" room to change the shirt's texture to the newly-made Referee one.

I'm still using Daz 3.1.2.19 so I don't think it has a Materials room but I think that would just mean the materials in the Pose section. Do you have to edit one that is already created so you have the shape correct and all?

I'm still using Daz 3.1.2.19 so I don't think it has a Materials room but I think that would just mean the materials in the Pose section. Do you have to edit one that is already created so you have the shape correct and all?

That's how I would do it. Make a copy of the texture the shirt currently uses. Add straight black lines down it with a small amount of transparency. See how it looks. Assuming you're just making a face portrait it doesn't even have to look good from below the shoulder.

Load up the shirt object in your scene and select it. Open up the surfaces tab and select any of the surfaces on the shirt then hover your cursor over the drop down menu next to diffuse. This should show you what folder the texture file is in.

Open up that folder and make a copy of the texture file for the shirt. Save it to your desktop and open it up in a paint program and edit it. From there, you can replace the texture file in the surfaces tab with your new one by selecting all of the zones that the texture will show up in, clicking on the drop down menu next to diffuse, browsing to the new file location and selecting it. Should replace easily.

Once you have it replaced, continue to edit it in your paint program until you have it just the way you like it. Justs refresh the image in Daz to see how it looks.

Easy peasy.

So i took a long hiatus from creating renders... too long apparently. I re-installed daz3d downloaded but not installed daz4 a couple questions if you all don't mind...

1. Anyone know if everything from daz3d works on daz4?

2. I was attempting my first render in over a year and can't for the life of me remember how to get the morphs, morphs ++ and etc to work.

any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

1) everything from Daz3d (and from the program Daz Studio 3) should work in Daz4. They happened to be made with the most compatibility with THAT particular program in mind these days.

2) you set the dials to whatever amount you like to make the morphed area look the way you want, essentially.

1) everything from Daz3d (and from the program Daz Studio 3) should work in Daz4. They happened to be made with the most compatibility with THAT particular program in mind these days.

2) you set the dials to whatever amount you like to make the morphed area look the way you want, essentially.

thanks i might have to install 4 before i get to far back into renderering:D and check out the learning curve compared to what i'm used.

not a re render per say but i wanted to post my last render i did i would guesstimate over a year ago:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/daddy19841/OG2.pnghttp://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/daddy19841/OG1.png

That was done on Daz3d 3. something. i thought i had an understanding of what to do. I was skeptical when i first saw the original rerender thread like some of the other " lifers " on the boards but i tried my hand at one on daz 4, was attempting one of fearless blue, my favorite of the boys from the backyard, and was really happy with the way it turned out, it looked great. I hit render and then this happened:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/daddy19841/FearlessBlue.jpg

Anyone know what i did wrong? Whats worse is i tried doing a progressive render and daz crashed out...

What kind of shaders are you using and what texture do you have loaded?

Also, do you have the render style set as cartoon and are you using Daz or a third party rendering engine like Reality?

Do me a favor and post up a screen of your render settings, light settings and surface settings and I can have a look at it if you'd like.

Also, do you have the render style set as cartoon?

Do me a favor and post up a screen of your render settings, light settings and surface settings and I can have a look at it if you'd like.

I'm not sure what screen(s) your talking about to post a pic of...

The texture i believe was Caleb on top of M4++ , i just know he didn't look like a 100 year old man before the render.

What are your system specs you said that Daz crashed do you have a newer cpu?

I'm on an, in electronics terms, older laptop. According to the about your video card the render still falls in line with what it can handle though.

Also, do you have the render style set as cartoon and are you using Daz or a third party rendering engine like Reality?

This is what it looked like pre render, something like this screen what you wanted to see?:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/daddy19841/rendersett.jpg

I'm on an, in electronics terms, older laptop. According to the about your video card the render still falls in line with what it can handle though.

This is what it looked like pre render, something like this screen what you wanted to see?:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/daddy19841/rendersett.jpg

It looks like either your bump or displacement is turned way up. Set them both to 0 and see if that fixes it.

Yeah that's what I was looking for as far as your render settings. Just wanted to see if you were using default or cartoon render settings.

jt is probably right and that's why I wanted to see what your settings in the surfaces tab looked like.

Lower your bump and displacement as he suggested, also turn off velvet & frensel if they're on and see if that fixes it.

Are you using ubersurface or hss? sometimes they react poorly with certain lighting setups.