I never got around to it, because I switched saves, but I signed Keith with the intention of bringing in Greg and Matthew and having him be their on screen manager. I think you could get them over fairly fast with their dad talking them up.

Yeah, they're another 2 I'll be looking at. Greg & Matt are two of those go-tos if you want promising youth on your roster.

Got a fun question for all ya. I teamed up Fate & Whippy the Clown, and it turned out the 2 have pretty good chemistry. I let Destiny walk for younger talent, so Fate could use a new tag team partner. So why not? They both wear face paint! :D

So any ideas? I was gonna go with Freaks of Nature, but that feels too easy.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Luchador Canadiense" data-cite="Luchador Canadiense" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34937" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Starting a new CGC game, and I am curious what other people do with Phil Vibert. I always start my game thinking "I'll figure it out as I go," but rarely do I ever come up with something other than "hey, let's create a DAVE faction," or "hey, let's name him GM." And I'm kinda sick of both of those ideas.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Was starting up another CGC game recently and was kind of thinking the same thing. This time around I just decided to stick him on commentary since I usually always remove Adrian from that role. In this instance I guess I lucked out because Phil and Ditterich ended up getting excellent chemistry which makes up for Phil starting out not so great as colour.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Luchador Canadiense" data-cite="Luchador Canadiense" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34937" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Starting a new CGC game, and I am curious what other people do with Phil Vibert. I always start my game thinking "I'll figure it out as I go," but rarely do I ever come up with something other than "hey, let's create a DAVE faction," or "hey, let's name him GM." And I'm kinda sick of both of those ideas.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my last CGC game, the plan was to basically use him as a the GM but with the idea that he didn't want that role. Basically, he is acknowledged as being "guy in charge" but doesn't want to be on-screen. He keeps having to show up on TV to settle things. Everyone keeps pushing him to "be more Extreme!" but he resists the idea. I enjoy irony so it seemed like a fun plan.</p>

• 6 months later...

<p>I did. I turned Jack DeColt to feud Alex DeColt after, let me think, 4 months?</p><p> </p><p>

I was running shows with that storylines in mind that the company was running without any GM and with Jack turning heel, I had that "ownership on the line" story going on. Jack eventually needed the help of his longtime ennemy Eddie Chandler to win the "ownership" and he named Adrian Garcia the GM of Titlebout Wrestling.</p><p> </p><p>

I ended that game for no apparent reason. I managed to reach National rather quickly with Jack Bruce accepting a written deal with me. That was unexpected.</p>

<p>And boy... did I ever abuse Gargantuan in that game.</p><p> </p><p>

Phil Vibert was his manager and I had this "stable" going with Vibert, Gargantuan and Trent Shaffer named "the Hangout". </p><p> </p><p>

They would fight their opponent all the way to their "Hangout" in any arena and would beat them up to win matches. Since Vibert was GM, he'd make any of Gargantuan or Shaffer bouts "no DQ" so they'd be able to bring their opponents there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Skywalker1976" data-cite="Skywalker1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34937" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has anybody ever turned any of the DeColts?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I did the Canadian World Order thing with them before with some alts I made.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Skywalker1976" data-cite="Skywalker1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34937" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has anybody ever turned any of the DeColts?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Yeah I turned all of them in one game I ran. I was using Steve DeColt has my U/C with the story that their father George had asked my to come back to reclaim CGC from Alex as he wasn't proud of what the company had become.</p><p> </p><p> After several months of Steve and Alex trading victories, Ricky and Jack turned on Alex in a match where the ownership of the company/ CGC world title was on the line. This lead to The DeColts running amok on Title Bout Wrestling forcing the Dirty White Boys to lay down and hand over the Tag Team titles to Ricky and Jack.</p><p> </p><p> With CGC slipping away from him, Alex started to build up a resistance against his brothers. With the help of Ryan Powell and Trent Shaffer the three would meet in a 3vs3 cage match at Chaos at the Cage, with it looking like the DeColts were down and out Alex turned on Shaffer and Powell.</p><p> </p><p> I stopped playing after that for some unknown reason but I would have gone on to have the DeColts feud with a now face Elite.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
I know exactly what you mean. It's rather striking that in an entertainment promotion, the majority of their roster have basic pictures and wrestle under basic 'real' names. However, as promoter you can 'fix' this. You've got a lot of blank slates to put your own ideas upon. Open up that Gimmicky category of gimmicks and go nuts. Get wacky with stories.

I know exactly what you mean. It's rather striking that in an entertainment promotion, the majority of their roster have basic pictures and wrestle under basic 'real' names. However, as promoter you can 'fix' this. You've got a lot of blank slates to put your own ideas upon. Open up that Gimmicky category of gimmicks and go nuts. Get wacky with stories.

Agreed and exactly what I meant. After I started a game with CGC, I actually had to check if they are indeed an entertainment company after I saw the roster and the pictures.

Being a huge fan of your CGC dynasty, I saw that you did a lot in that direction as well. Maybe that is even the challenge of playing CGC in that you have to turn them into a modern day, more colorful entertainment company, while still keeping the DeColt family friendly aura alive. At the same time I think this is also why it is so much fun playing with this company because you can be so creative with all the characters and take them in so many different directions!

Biggest challenge for me is btw. sticking to the DeColts being the face of the company (and not turning one of them), while having the main event not becoming too stale.

Also has anyone ever been able to get Steve DeColt back to CGC?

Three DeColts on top is a tricky proposition. In my private games I usually end up turning one of them. Vacations can help. Send a DeColt or two away for a bit. Force yourself to push a new babyface, then turn that guy when the DeColts return. You kinda need to rely on a rotating heel side to keep things fresh. Or how about switching the DeColt's focus to the tag division, and making that the 'main event' belt? Could make things a little different.

Three DeColts on top is a tricky proposition. In my private games I usually end up turning one of them. Vacations can help. Send a DeColt or two away for a bit. Force yourself to push a new babyface, then turn that guy when the DeColts return. You kinda need to rely on a rotating heel side to keep things fresh. Or how about switching the DeColt's focus to the tag division, and making that the 'main event' belt? Could make things a little different.

I think my plan will be to have two of them concentrate more on the tag team scene or maybe even implementing a six man tag belt (similar to what the van Erich's had back in WCCW) in order to still have them wear a belt and in the upper card but getting the HW belt on someone else.

Just so challenging to put this all in a one hour TV show, as you you just cannot give everyone the tv time they deserve...

<p>Was not very lucky in my first CGC game, as I had Alex DeColt, Chandler and DeLay all on decline from the first game day... Makes the game very interesting though, as I am in April 2013 now and already have to think about the next generation much sooner.</p><p> </p><p>

Also it took me until DeColt Wrestlefestival to achieve my first B- shows. Mistake was I went to early with new faces and low level workers, where there are actually some good workers in midcard who can be pushed first.</p>

<p>Since I'm using the C-Verse 2014, my CGC World Championship lineage is as it stands in January 2017:</p><p> </p><p>

Alex DeColt</p><p>

Trent Shaffer, as a musician (get the nod...)</p><p>

Ricky DeColt as the only DeColt not in decline.</p><p>

Shooter Sean Deeley, turned face during half reign.</p><p>

Davis Wayne Newton, the latest Elite member.</p>

• 1 year later...

Bumping this to talk about Ricky DeColt a little

I've never really used CGC much aside from short runs here or there but for some reason I got the urge to use the company.

Ricky DeColt is the youngest, and smallest of the DeColt clan and pretty much by default is always second or even third fiddle to his older brothers (even worse when Steve was still around). In the long term as far as being a serious main eventer I figure he goes one of two ways. Either he he turns heel (first DeColt to do so in CGC?) due to the little brother syndrome similar to Owen Hart and he gets a massive push feuding extensively with his brothers, or the other natural story would be to play up how he's smaller and overlooked into an underdog role having him defeat probably Alex for the title in both situations. Then I saw that he managed to have a ten month long world title reign in 07-08. Ricky having 100 experience with both Jack and Alex (who don't have 100 together) says to me that he was on the losing end of a lot of tag matches, essentially just their fall boy to lose a match when the big brother can't get pinned. Not sniffing the world title for seven long years while Jack and Alex racked up their 5th and 6th title wins respectively along with the fact that he has the best heel performance of the three brothers has me strongly considering the heel route as opposed to having Alex turn heel for fear of losing his spot.

It would also open up the potential for Ricky/Steve vs Jack/Alex matches if I get lucky and Steve can come back

Bumping this to talk about Ricky DeColt a little

I've never really used CGC much aside from short runs here or there but for some reason I got the urge to use the company.

Ricky DeColt is the youngest, and smallest of the DeColt clan and pretty much by default is always second or even third fiddle to his older brothers (even worse when Steve was still around). In the long term as far as being a serious main eventer I figure he goes one of two ways. Either he he turns heel (first DeColt to do so in CGC?) due to the little brother syndrome similar to Owen Hart and he gets a massive push feuding extensively with his brothers, or the other natural story would be to play up how he's smaller and overlooked into an underdog role having him defeat probably Alex for the title in both situations. Then I saw that he managed to have a ten month long world title reign in 07-08. Ricky having 100 experience with both Jack and Alex (who don't have 100 together) says to me that he was on the losing end of a lot of tag matches, essentially just their fall boy to lose a match when the big brother can't get pinned. Not sniffing the world title for seven long years while Jack and Alex racked up their 5th and 6th title wins respectively along with the fact that he has the best heel performance of the three brothers has me strongly considering the heel route as opposed to having Alex turn heel for fear of losing his spot.

It would also open up the potential for Ricky/Steve vs Jack/Alex matches if I get lucky and Steve can come back

The littlest DeColt going heel and joining Elite is a story that could carry on few years, especially the eventual redemption. He could also start his own stable if you wanted to go that direction.

Another possibility is an idea that I can't take credit for. Can't recall who specifically brought this up (Know Your Enemy, perhaps?), but its a good point. CGC might be the best position promotion in North America to bring forth a revolution. Or more accurately, an evolution. CGC can be the harbinger of a new main mentality in wrestling, one which openly accepts wrestlers of all sizes. Specifically, removing the bias against smaller workers. It can become a promotion where a 5'10, 225 pound wrestler is not going to automatically be considered below a 6'6", 275 pound wrestler unless the smaller wrestler is so clearly superior a talent as to leave a promoter with no choice. And the littlest DeColt can be the driving force behind that change in mentality, at least on screen.

I never thought about putting him in Elite actually but the idea of Chandler hyping up a new protege of his that most people will figure to be Shaffer only for Ricky to turn could be fun. Every time I look at CGC the first thing I want to do is refresh the heel side since most of those guys have been there for so long and the DeColt family pretty much are perma faces. Being able to snag a top level guy from the big 2 US companies would also be a help but not a necessity since they have the pieces in place already.

• 5 months later...

This thread has really helped me. I've started my first ever C-Verse game (had a few that have lasted a few days) and chosen to start with CGC.

The main issue is a lot of the current characters are a bit bland (like mentioned) which I'm slowly getting round to fixing.

How do people tend to book Wrestlefestival? Its essentially 6 hours of PPV over 2days.

This thread has really helped me. I've started my first ever C-Verse game (had a few that have lasted a few days) and chosen to start with CGC.

The main issue is a lot of the current characters are a bit bland (like mentioned) which I'm slowly getting round to fixing.

How do people tend to book Wrestlefestival? Its essentially 6 hours of PPV over 2days.

Weirdly, I book it like a TV series finale/series opener. So Night One sees major story threads close with some open at the end of N1, N2 sees the next "season" start up.

I like to think of Night 1 as a tourney or Rumble style matchup with the winner getting a title shot on Night 2 or some big time 2-day tag tourney or G1 style competition.

Thanks for helping, I think I might try running day 1 as some kind of tournament (maybe like king of the ring or maybe qualifying matches with the winners taking part in a ladder match in the main event) with the winner getting a shot the next night.

Have you given any other PPV's gimmicks? Last Man Standing is supposed to be a sort of Royal Rumble yeah?

Having fun with this game, I've brought in KC Glenn, Keith Matthews and Steven Parker as a cocky stable that will hopefully rise to the main event over the coming years.

Thanks for helping, I think I might try running day 1 as some kind of tournament (maybe like king of the ring or maybe qualifying matches with the winners taking part in a ladder match in the main event) with the winner getting a shot the next night.

Have you given any other PPV's gimmicks? Last Man Standing is supposed to be a sort of Royal Rumble yeah?

Correct. Canonically, Elimination is 3 vs. 3 matches (though this year I did have my Canadian champion defend in a 6-person elimination match). Chaos in the Cage seems to call for several cage matches.

Archived