• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I'm ignorant of his popularity, but does anyone actually gives two shits anymore about Sapp- maybe people not actually giving two shits, is why he's on the CHAOS team. Couldn't give a rat's-ass coin toss for this one.

He is big in Japan, you know.

Low Ki's attire for this made me rethink my feelings towards him. He is now awesome.

100% agreed..... Always thought Ki was an entertaining wrestler but a bit of a tool... (He should probably sue Davey Richards for gimmick infringment :p)

But the suit thing was weirdly brilliant :D

Also when it comes to wrestling color commentary.....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7SQtyrY0lQd7AzzbzEQNk6BC5e3b60usckEgANENJiABXjdBP > http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcDaHjTxvlAU_5jbdQpsc_6Vx9BNdrm2-ty0NbrMCsY1Lp0nmV

Mika Komori (from AKB48) > Jerry 'The King' Lawler :p

The show was alot of fun. the opening match met my (not so high) expectations, but some of the other matches, like the triangle match were excellent. One of the best triangle matches I've seen. Nakamura-Sakuraba wasn't smooth but it fit what I want to see in a Pro wrestling meets MMA style match. And that knee was just sick! I hope the rumors about Okada and WWE are not true.

Agreed! I really couldn't bear to watch Okada transformed into Funaki 2.0... presuming I ever decided to watch WWE again.

He'd probably more likely be Yoshi-Tatsu 2.0, not that, that's any better- it's still a jobber push.

It would be a blow to New Japan if Okada did go (he's both the present and future), but they have enough top talent to cope with the loss- if it does unfortunately happen.

Like Luchador pointed out, I wouldn't want to see him in WWE- because we all know Okada would be horribly misused. When have WWE ever pushed a Japanese wrestler, as an uppercard star ? Given WWE's history with Japanese talent, the best Okada can hope for is a Tajiri push (and that was midcard at best).

The rumors are more then likely just media trying to make something interesting up. Happens all the time, just like over here. No need to worry. Even considering what Okada went through in TNA, he'd have to be really dumb to think WWE would be any better for him.

That depends on what Okada's priorities are. If his priority is money, I don't doubt he could make more money as a midcarder in WWE than he could in NJPW.

That depends on what Okada's priorities are. If his priority is money, I don't doubt he could make more money as a midcarder in WWE than he could in NJPW.

While true, possibly, he could still be making 6 figures in New Japan, and that number is likely to last many years longer in Japan then it ever would in WWE. I imagine if these rumors were true, then WrestleKingdom would have gone a fair way to show that sticking it out would be a good idea. After just a year with the new management, they've had a great draw and a strong book behind them.

I know these rumors started because he lost.. but to be fair, they are probably trying to keep from pushing him too hard too fast. It's smart. He hasn't been destroyed, he still looks quite strong in defeat, and it won't be long before he holds the belt again.

On the plus side Luchador, you get your wish because Anderson will be the next challenger for Tanahashi's belt.

<p>I'm as guilty as anyone else here- but it looks like the thread has diverged off course from it's original intended purpose (how to book Puroresu feds in TEW2013)....</p><p> </p><p>

And has turned into a discussion about New Japan Pro Wrestling!- But we all know that the TEW 2013 General Discussions section, is for discussion about the game, not wrestling in general....</p><p> </p><p>

So do you think given that we have been discussing Wrestle Kingdom 7/NJPW- that it would be worthwhile one of us starting up an NJPW thread in the Dog Pound?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tigerkinney" data-cite="Tigerkinney" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35157" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> So do you think given that we have been discussing Wrestle Kingdom 7/NJPW- that it would be worthwhile one of us starting up an NJPW thread in the Dog Pound?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope. There is already an amazing English forum to talk about NJ at puroresufan.com.... That and because their is an Japanese wrestling thread in the dogpound that's hardly ever been used already. It's nice to see the community has grown somewhat around here, but I doubt it'll last.</p>

<p><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';"><span style="color:#4B0082;">Booking is always relevant to TEW. The primary thing I wonder about in using traditional booking is it seems hard to build momentum unless you are very careful. It doesn't seem like TEW cares much if the lesser member of a team loses, it also affects the main eventer. You can balance wins between the two sides but that won't build up much momentum. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';"><span style="color:#4B0082;"> </span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';"><span style="color:#4B0082;">

My current thought on simulating an excursion in TEW is using stealth development territories. You could edit the db to put the wrestler in another company but there's still a good chance they'll be released, especially with their pop at 0. But 'sending them overseas' in TEW could be sending them to development and then you just bring them back when the time is right. </span></span></p>

Thank you for these tips. I have always been a fan of wrestling from Japan, though I had a hard time differentiating between Strong Style and King's Road until I read the primer that you linked. Now that I have an idea of the difference between the two, I have to say I prefer Strong Style over King's Road and Lucharesu (think Dragon Gate). I love the story telling aspect, and the realism of many of the moves. I haven't seen much of Shoot Style, though the idea intrigues me.

On a side note, I intend to get into professional wrestling in the near future, and one of my dreams is wrestling in Japan for a couple of years. This has given me another angle to study, and I'd love to incorporate elements from all three of the styles in the primer into my personal style.

Booking is always relevant to TEW. The primary thing I wonder about in using traditional booking is it seems hard to build momentum unless you are very careful. It doesn't seem like TEW cares much if the lesser member of a team loses, it also affects the main eventer. You can balance wins between the two sides but that won't build up much momentum.

I'm finding that very tricky as well. So much so, I've put my BCG game on the backburner. Is anyone else having better luck with this?

How to book & run puro

Just a quick response. I'm building myself up to play a BCG game, and after some thought, these are the starting feuds I've come up with for the first tour:

Fukuzawa/Okomoto vs Shiga/Torii: Each veteran has got his own young lion student that he's proclaiming the future of BCG. They disagree with each other and are going to go head to head at the big show in a tag match to prove it. Until then, they're taking on other tag teams and having their students take on other young lions.

Funakokshi vs Tornado Nagai: Tornado's coming in as a "looking for a fight guy", and after a few winning matches, he's butting heads with Funakokshi to build to the first big show.

Pistol Pete Hall vs Eagle Kawasama: Eagle's coming in with the intentions of winning the BCG World Championship and proving to everyone he can be as successful a heavyweight as he was a junior. Hall's an ornery old bastard wanting to prove he's still got it.

Sen/Yokokawa vs Team Taku: Tag title feud, as Team Taku struggles to jell as a team while their opponents (aka the Japanese Bash'em Brothers) are just beating everything and everyone.

Roku Sotomura vs Dynamite Narashi: This is one that I'm struggling to provide any context to, since Narashi's title is so ill-defined in terms of concept and I'm thinking of rebooting the title as a Young Lions floating title, but Sotomura's basically a dick to all the young lions in the company and thinks they don't have what it takes to take him on.

Besides those, I've got a couple of other bare-bones young lion feuds for the rest of the roster. Little meaning stuff that'll probably wind up being a multi-man opener for the big show.

Now, what I want to ask is the following:

1. In building up the big show where these feuds will climax, I'm doing multi-man matches, right? Tag-team feuds will be going six-man with guys to take the falls on either side, single feuds will find themselves paired off into make-shift tag-teams or do a game of one-upmanship by beating single jobbers.

2. Does a feud or storyline in puro terms ends at one tour? Or can I push it own and evolve it for the next tour?

3. Considering the no. of stories I have planned, would it make sense to bring in more guys for the tour just to job out? I'm worried about what would happen if I brought them back another time on lengthier contracts and actually pushed them, as well as roster bloat, financial concerns, etc... Not to mention there's a few young lions I want to bring in to the company at this point and make them Loyal.

4. How to build up respect as quickly as possible. Is it good matches? Length of work with the company? Getting pushed?

Now, what I want to ask is the following:

1. In building up the big show where these feuds will climax, I'm doing multi-man matches, right? Tag-team feuds will be going six-man with guys to take the falls on either side, single feuds will find themselves paired off into make-shift tag-teams or do a game of one-upmanship by beating single jobbers.

Or the tag wrestlers can meet in singles matches as special events leading up to the climax od the feud. But single wrestles meeting in tag matches is the traditional approach, yes.

2. Does a feud or storyline in puro terms ends at one tour? Or can I push it own and evolve it for the next tour?

You will see feuds extend over several tours if it's going hot.

3. Considering the no. of stories I have planned, would it make sense to bring in more guys for the tour just to job out? I'm worried about what would happen if I brought them back another time on lengthier contracts and actually pushed them, as well as roster bloat, financial concerns, etc... Not to mention there's a few young lions I want to bring in to the company at this point and make them Loyal.

Tour contracts are pretty normal and I believe they still start each tour with no momentum, so their momentum can be renewed each tour. I'm not sure if Recent Fortune is tracked over tour contracts though. Roster bloat is always a concern though.

4. How to build up respect as quickly as possible. Is it good matches? Length of work with the company? Getting pushed?

Rem or others can answer this better than I can.

Archived