Blood Bowl

D-Lyrium

AFAIK it doesn't matter which version you have for online play. I think the only difference is that you can't play as teams which are in versions above the ones you own. Ie, if you only have Legendary you can't play as Chaos Dwarves, Underworld (warpstone-themed Skaven and Goblin team) or Khorne Daemons. If you only have the original you can only play with the original teams (Chaos, Dark Elves, Dwarfs, Goblins, Humans, Lizardmen, Orcs, Skaven or Wood Elves).

I'm pretty sure they're compatible with each other in all other ways though.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/Blood%20Bowl/526264_333622370078346_757191223_n_zps796f34b0.jpg

I decided to try out wood elves, an drew Ogres for their first game. By the end, only two players were left on the pitch. I still managed a tie though!

I don't think it needs to be said, but that team has been retired ;)

Bahaha.

Ouch. :p

Although saying that I had my first UKBBL game last night, and lost 5-0 to Dark Elves. Four injuries, two sent off, one death.

Very first block of the game was a Def Down/Att Down rerolled into double skulls.

Another kickoff was a blitz and the Elves caught their own kickoff and scored a few turns later.

One more was a Riot, five of my guys KOd vs. one elf.

The guy who died did so by failing a GFI roll.

Overall is was a hilarious but entirely unproductive game. :p

And that's not including the turn where his catcher passed two dodge rolls and a GFI, threw a perfect launch to his catcher, who caught it and passed another dodge and two more GFI's to score. He apologised for that one. :p

That is some bad rolling on your part sir, and some impressive work by your opponent. Were both teams in that league capped at 1000?

Now that I have about ten games under my belt, I realize now a lot better the strategy that goes into a team (like for example getting rerolls). I am going to resubmit my team for the league, just dropping a player to get some rolls. They will still be norse and have the same name.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/MaxxHexx/Blood%20Bowl/526264_333622370078346_757191223_n_zps796f34b0.jpg

I decided to try out wood elves, an drew Ogres for their first game. By the end, only two players were left on the pitch. I still managed a tie though!

I don't think it needs to be said, but that team has been retired ;)

Nah. You can be still be badass with 2 players. :p

That is some bad rolling on your part sir, and some impressive work by your opponent. Were both teams in that league capped at 1000?

Nah, I was replacing a team that dropped out, so his TV was about 1400, mine was 1000. I expected to lose, but the game just kept crapping on me. :p

Now that I have about ten games under my belt, I realize now a lot better the strategy that goes into a team (like for example getting rerolls). I am going to resubmit my team for the league, just dropping a player to get some rolls. They will still be norse and have the same name.

Sorted. :)

So is this like a turn based version of Mutant League Football or something?

I've tried googling it, but for some reason I just can't get a grasp on it.

I had to google Mutant League Football as i'd never heard of it but it looks surprisingly similar from what i see. Here is a good place to look learn a little more about it Bloodbowl

I was starting to think you'd died. ¬_¬

Right, so I'm pretty sure that's going to be all of us. Currently there are only 5 teams, so one team would have to get a bye each 'week'. As that's not ideal, I'll leave signups open for another day and PM the three who expressed interest but haven't signed up. If we can't get a 6th (or even a 6th, 7th and 8th), we'll just have to go with 5. If we get a 6th and a 7th and no 8th, same deal. :)

I was starting to think you'd died. ¬_¬

Right, so I'm pretty sure that's going to be all of us. Currently there are only 5 teams, so one team would have to get a bye each 'week'. As that's not ideal, I'll leave signups open for another day and PM the three who expressed interest but haven't signed up. If we can't get a 6th (or even a 6th, 7th and 8th), we'll just have to go with 5. If we get a 6th and a 7th and no 8th, same deal. :)

No, I was just determined to get my most recent 8RoW show posted before I distracted myself with Blood Bowl. :p

Eeeexcellent SmithersTrask. We now have 6. If the other two don't reply by 7pm GMT, I'll start the league up then and post the first week's fixtures in this thread. :)

Also, looking at the teams signed up so far, I'm fairly terrified on behalf of myself and Maxx, especially Maxx with not having dodge. :( Sooo many bashy teams, haha. I hope we play each other in the first few weeks, or it'll probably be 3 vs. 4 or something. :p

Aaaand we are officially underway folks!

The complete schedule is in the first post. Matchday One fixtures are as follows:

D-Lyrium (Underworld) vs. MaxxHexx (Norse)

Trask (Chaos) vs. bestbitter (Chaos Dwarf)

Wallbanger (Amazon) vs. Jingo (Nurgle)

I won't put a set time limit on the rounds. We'll start Matchday Two whenever all three games from Matchday One have been played, etc, etc.

Maxx: I'm online most of the time, so PM me or catch me on IRC (the latter is probably best) whenever you want. :)

Oh, and I've tried to add timezones to the original post, but I might've got some wrong (mainly Maxx), so feel free to correct me. :p

Archived