Blood Bowl

D-Lyrium

So after watching your game I was -inspired- to play a game rather than get things done. I played against a team that had block and guard on four S5 tomb guardians. That is the sickest build I have ever seen. Imagine playing Ogres that weren't stupid, worked together, and had a skilled team to back them up. My next game is going to be super low key, just so I can get all of my injured guys back up and running.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So after watching your game I was -inspired- to play a game rather than get things done. I played against a team that had block and guard on four S5 tomb guardians. That is the sickest build I have ever seen. Imagine playing Ogres that weren't stupid, worked together, and had a skilled team to back them up. My next game is going to be super low key, just so I can get all of my injured guys back up and running.

I have not played a bunch with Khemri, but a unit like that...eek!

Prediction Contest!

MaxxHexx 1/3

Psycho Sam 0/3

Obviously we should go into Sports Coverage, because we were super spot on.

bestbitter vs. D-Lyrium I just hope D's troll gets some kills so that there are less dwarves when I face him.

Jingo vs. MaxxHexx I voted against myself last week and was wrong, so I am keeping positive here. It will be a tough game as he is more bashy, but I can pull this out.

Banger vs. Trask If I didn't watch Banger's last game I would have gone Trask, but this guy knows what he is doing. He gets my vote here.

Undead are pretty disgusting. MA7 Ghouls? MA6 Wights?

(Guess who I just lost to).

Seriously though, they have like.. no obvious weaknesses. Their linemen (Zombies) are essentially Dwarfs with -1AV (and no Block, which admittedly is kinda a big deal). They can also have Skeletons as linemen, who're faster but have worse armour. Ghouls are Skaven Linemen with Dodge (!). Mummies are Trolls with virtually none of the drawbacks of being a troll. And they get two of them.

So they can have two Trolls that aren't Really Stupid, meaning they can overwhelm most teams on the LoS. They have a fairly low AV but they regenerate, so injuring them is pointless. You can't try and out-play them because they have (a maximum of 6 although admittedly this would be expensive, usually at least 3 from what I've read, though) players who can keep up with you.

And did I mention that GHOULS HAVE DODGE?!

Insane.

They're officially my new least favourite team to play against (taking over from Dwarfs, since I realised that only three of your players ever need to get hit by a dwarf. ¬_¬).

bestbitter vs. D-Lyrium - My brother used to kill alot of us in a league way back when with Chaos Dwarfs so i have a pathological fear of them even to this day so i'm picking bestbitter!

Jingo vs. MaxxHexx - Looks like i have another tough game, but if the dice gods grant me a few favours this time then by the power of the Great Unclean One himself we could do it!

Wallbanger vs. Trask Trasks team looks fun, but i'm also going with Wallbanger he seems a cany coach and i used to play Amazon in a league years ago so have a soft spot.

Lemme put up what I can remember in terms of the general misfortune, if you don't feel like watching the entire thing. :p

* I only got a single knock down (that wasn't a both down) in the entire first half. (It also took me a good chunk of the second half to get any knock downs). Bearing in mind I blitz at ST4, have two ST4 players and a ST5 'Taur - I was blocking with two dice almost every single time. Admittedly Amazons have dodge which reduces the odds somewhat, but with two dice a defender down is what... a 1/3 chance or so? Yeah. That didn't happen.

* My 'Taur rolled 'both down' (Monty doesn't have block) three times, including on his first block in the entire game - when he had the ball. (I got a touch back. I habitually give the ball to the 'Taur on touchbacks to try bait squishy teams into mauling range). He actually only successfully used frenzy (i.e. making a follow up block to the first block) I think once in the entire game. Maybe twice. But I think once. - If you watch the stream you hear 'Banger go "Oh! I forgot that 'Taurs have frenzy!" because it took Monty until the SECOND HALF to follow up on a block!

* Failed to either pick up or catch the ball five times in the first half. I think at least three times in the second, too.

* One exceptionally unlucky bobble - involving two of the aforementioned failed catches that put the ball straight in amongst 'Banger's girls. Not that bad 'cause that happens sometimes, but I figured since I'm making a list and all...

* Only broke AV7 three times in the entire game, and only once was it a pitch-removing incident (a KO).

* Lag caused the WRONG player to use a blitz, blocking a member of 'Banger's cage instead of what I wanted to do, which was block the ball carrier. (Knowing my luck Monty would've wild animal'd)

* Speaking of, Monty wild animal'd almost every block he didn't get both down on. ...Whilst successfully just moving (which is harder with wild animal) almost every single time. Just about the only good fortune I had.

* 4 attempts on two dice over two turns to knock down a ball carrier (using rerolls). Not a single knockdown. The second time, I rerolled a push and a red skull to two red skulls. Which caused the player making the block to go down injured. Which my apothecary couldn't fix. Thaaaaat... may have caused me to need to walk away from the laptop for a few moments. xD. (Bearing in mind that failure the second time basically guaranteed 'Banger would score)

-- Previously failing to pick up the ball on the time I DID knock down the ball carrier, which would've given a good shot of getting the ball out of trouble. (...tired brain may be playing tricks on me. This DID happen right, 'Banger? xD)

* Flunking a throw on one of the last couple turns, then failing to pick the ball up, then when it was picked up, flunking the throw AGAIN, which would've got me a consolation TD at least. I know beastmen aren't known for their throwing but... short passes and they have average AG.

I mean, I don't want to sound like I'm bitter or anything - don't get me wrong 'Banger played really well, I thought tactically he was right on the money and he defended pretty well too (great zone defence). I made a few positional and re-roll errors... but hoooooooly damn. When you add it all up, I don't think I've EVER had that bad a game in terms of rolling luck. I'm pretty sure I got no winnings too...

:p

I know how you feel. That's all I'm saying.

Sometimes the game doesn't seem to WANT you to win, does it? :p And there's also a big difference between playing on the tabletop and playing online. On the tabletop, that kind of luck is funny. You can see the dice and what they're doing, so it somehow feels ok. Whereas when it happens online you just think "suuuure, Cyanide. Suuuure that was random. ::rolleyes::". Especially when it's something like re-rolling double skulls to more double skulls. Rolling four ones on four dice? Pfft.

bestbitter and I should hopefully be playing either tonight or tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. :D

So I'm playing bestbitter...

Very first block of the match, my troll kills a Chaos Dwarf.

Last block of my first turn, a goblin gets badly hurt screwing up a dodge.

This game's gon' be bloody.

The game hates me. Only explanation.

On his last turn before I'm one 3+ rerollable pass and a 2+ catch away from a TD, his CENTAUR runs half way across the pitch and dodges a linerat to make the block on the ball carrier. Seriously? That happened? With AG2?

The best bit? My first move of my next turn is to get a goblin to dodge out of ONE tackle zone. Nooope. Not happening.

Times is hard folks. The turn counter is equal to the number of players I have left on the pitch.

It's turn six.

Only two of the AWOL Underworlders are KOs. Three goblins Badly Hurt.

OH YEAH, AND MY TROLL BROKE HIS NECK.

:'(

Hah, so yeah. End result: Death Pass Devils 1 - 0 Skaventh Heaven.

Brilliantly fun game. Ended the first half with six players. Ended the second half with four.

No troll for my next game, and again only eleven players (so injuries will be more of a problem than usual). Luckily every single Skaven managed to survive injury. \o/

Jingo and I just finished our game, 2-0 in the favor of my NorseKings.

Nothing too funny happened. I got the ball first, and though he was able to take down Kormak, my other runner, Tursas, was able to make a ten yard score. My defense rest of the half aimed to just keep him on his table half which I did.

In the second half was was making progress and got a half cage into my half. I was able to take out one corner and force him against the pitch side with my guys out numbering his. I pushed his Rotter out of bounds and Kormak ran it up field. At this point I am getting some knock outs so I am up on players. Jingo played a great tactical game without much in the way of mistakes, he just needed more time to move up the field (which is in part from his Pestigor being knocked out).

Long ling the NorseKings! Hit like the stars, party like the Gods!

Another fun game, another 2-0 loss for the Phlegmbearers. I'm just not getting the Casualties i need and therefore not getting the numbers advantage later on i hope for, which is costing me even scoring. Well onwards and (hopefully) upwards, well played MaxxHexx.

Hey, if it's casualties you want, you've got the right team next. :D My team of red blood-splatters are looking forward to welcoming you. :p

I've validated and rolled the day on, so you can play your next games whenever you like. :)

Jingo - I'm free most nights matey, just shoot me a PM on the forum whenever you're ready for a game.

Archived