APW: The Battle For Supremacy

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj572/Xendarii/Dynasties/APW/Graphics/Australian%20Wrestling%20News_zps6zdppdi1.png

MONTHLY SHOW RECAP - JANUARY 2013

<div align="justify">
RAW: SHOWS GET DECENT FEEDBACK, TV RATINGS IMPROVE, 10,000 ATTENDEES FOR THE STARS OF RAW 45

RAW Attitude!, Friday, Week 1: Show Rating: 62 © - TV Rating: 0.60

RAW Attitude!, Friday, Week 2: Show Rating: 66 (C+) - TV Rating: 0.85

RAW Attitude!, Friday, Week 3: Show Rating: 62 © - TV Rating: 0.83

RAW Attitude!, Friday, Week 4: Show Rating: 63 © - TV Rating: 0.85

The Stars Of Raw 45
, for first time on pay-per-view, was held on Saturday, Week 4 in front of
10,000 attendees
. It scored the lowest show rating for RAW this month with a
61 ©
and got a buy rate of

There were no title changes.
Echo
made two successful defences of the RAW Quest title, beating
Manhunter
(Rating: 50) and
Skyscraper
(Rating: 56).
Montgomery Croft
successfully defended his RAW Television title against
Frogue Element
(Rating: 58).

The highest match rating was a 66 and saw
Captain Wrestling II
defeating
Swoop McCarthy

ZEN: WAY OF THE DREAMER GETS GOOD RATINGS

Way Of The Dreamer
was held on Saturday, Week 2 in front of
285 attendees
. It scored a
38 (D-)
Pumpkin Jack
successfully defended his ZEN Conceptual title against
C-W-A
(Rating: 32). In the main event,
Necromaner
was able to retain his ZEN Master title in a match against
Man O' War
(Rating: 39).

DIW: FEAR OF THE DARK SURPRISES AND GETS BETTER RATING THAN ZEN

Fear Of The Dark
was held on Tuesday, Week 3 in front of
149 attendees
. It scored a
41 (D)
and was really well received by their fans.
Richie Fox
made his debut and defeated
Blitz Simpson
(Rating: 32) while in the main event,
Dumfrey Pinn
successfully defended the DIW Championship against
Warmonger
(Rating: 42).</div>

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the show mate :D Sorry, been away so must have missed it!! :D Just got through reading it now...

Swoop McArthy, tell me about him... Has he signed for SWF in the 2014 Cverse update? I hear a lot about him, and I know E-V had him in his SWF Diary a while back... How did you sign him back from RAW? :)

I'll be paying close attention to this diary as my first ever foray into the Cornellverse was with APW in TEW2010. When I bought TEW2013 I was shattered to find that Swoop had signed with RAW but eventually ended up playing as RAW. I ended up getting RAW to as high as you possibly can (high Cult, it's impossible to step up to National as an Australian company).

That was a really enjoyable game, but you've done well here... Swoop McCarthy is the key to success in Australia.

Great show, definitely did not see the Swoop McCarthy return.

Thank you. Great to hear that you didn't see it coming, I feared it would be too obvious. ^^

Great show Xendarii.

It feels good that this dynasty is living on.

My 1st dynasty NWF and your this dynasty was started almost at the same time. So, i feel really very happy to see this continue

Thanks :) yeaah, your dynasty preserved a little bit longer than mine did back then *cough* good to have you as a reader.

Loved the show mate :D Sorry, been away so must have missed it!! :D Just got through reading it now...

Swoop McArthy, tell me about him... Has he signed for SWF in the 2014 Cverse update? I hear a lot about him, and I know E-V had him in his SWF Diary a while back... How did you sign him back from RAW? :)

Thank you, The Lloyd! I don't know about the 2014 update since I've never played it, but he's pretty much the best worker in Australia, especially because he's got extremely high entertainment stats and very decend in-ring skills as well. I'll reveal some information about the signing soon, I offered him wage matching among others to decrease his wage demands.

I'll be paying close attention to this diary as my first ever foray into the Cornellverse was with APW in TEW2010. When I bought TEW2013 I was shattered to find that Swoop had signed with RAW but eventually ended up playing as RAW. I ended up getting RAW to as high as you possibly can (high Cult, it's impossible to step up to National as an Australian company).

That was a really enjoyable game, but you've done well here... Swoop McCarthy is the key to success in Australia.

That's awesome :) Why is it impossible to step up to National? Seems kinda silly - is it because Australia hasn't got enough great workers to actually get you to such a high popularity level or are the regions too unimportant?

That's awesome :) Why is it impossible to step up to National? Seems kinda silly - is it because Australia hasn't got enough great workers to actually get you to such a high popularity level or are the regions too unimportant?

It's because of size. You need three regions of Australia to get over 65 importance to go to National, and even with 86 popularity in all four regions because New Zealand only has an importance of 68 I'm only up to 58.

It means you need a popularity of 96 in New Zealand to get an importance of over 65. I guess that's not absolutely impossible, but gee it's pretty hard to achieve!

Sucks big time.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj572/Xendarii/Dynasties/APW/Graphics/Australian%20Wrestling%20News_zps6zdppdi1.png

APW LAUNCH FIRST TV SHOW, RAW SIGN DIW TALENT, DIW REPLACE LEAVINGS

<div align="justify">
APW LAUNCH FIRST TV SHOW

Just a month after the announcement of
RAW's
and Australia's first pay-per-view deal,
APW
has countered the undoubtably far-reaching move by initiating their first TV show. Not many news have been revealed yet, apart from that it will be called
APW Genesis
and hosted on Australia Channel 3. It's stated that
James J McMinister
saw the need to react, although it's hard to tell whether the promotion has enough fans to not slide into a financial disaster, and trusts in the drawing power of
Swoop McCarthy
to make this experiment a success.

RAW SIGN DIW TALENT

In an attempt to further bolster their roster,
RAW
have signed two of the most important
DIW
wrestlers to written deals, essentially stealing their DIW Champion
Dumfrey Pinn
as well as one half of The Apocalypse and one of the most menacing men in Australian wrestling,
Warmonger
. Whether the hardcore company can compensate these losses remains to be seen.

DIW REPLACE LEAVINGS

In other news, closely aligned to the talent stealing from
RAW
Deep Impact Wrestling
have signed two independent workers to pay-per-appearance contracts in
Seeker
and
The Void
.</div>

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj572/Xendarii/Dynasties/APW/Graphics/Preview_zpsxi8w8qzy.png

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj572/Xendarii/Dynasties/APW/Shows/Big%20Night%20Out%20Logo_zpsyuwo92iq.png

APW's Big Night Out

Saturday, 3rd Week of February 2013

JDM Arena (Eastern Australia)

|
|

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj572/Xendarii/Dynasties/APW/Preview_zpsn9b8b462.png

<div align="justify">The year started with a bang for
Australian Pro Wrestling
. When the iconic theme of
Swoop McCarthy
imbued the JDM Arena last month at
OzFest
, the fans of this awesome company knew that a new time has come - a new time for Australian wrestling that could be the beginning of the end of RAW's dominance.

History was made when the homecomer won his first
APW
match in months to become the number one contender for the exact championship that he lost shortly before his departure, to the exact guy who still holds it:
Alexander Banks
. There's always been talk about the champion not being worth the gold, be it because of his suspect sense of honour and sportsmanship or an alleged lack of the star power that distinguish the greats of this business. The fact that he won the title from
Swoop McCarthy
and defended it until now though makes crystal clear that he is right in the spot he belongs - however, it also puts a huge target on his back, as "The Alpha And Omega" will do everything humanly possible to win back "his" championship.

That's not everything this event keeps ready for
APW's
fans, of course. With the
APW Tag Team
titles fought out and an
APW Australian Contendership
match to open the show, a lot of prestige will be on the line, as always. And with
Harry Simonson
Scottie Hamstead
and
Lone Shark
all taking part in singles matches, these three workers will do their best to equalise the losses they had to suffer at
OzFest

The sights have been set - and now it's up to the glorious defenders of Australian wrestling to shape their own destiny.</div>

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj572/Xendarii/Dynasties/APW/Pre-Show_zps24bakaez.png

<div align="justify">

Jerome Parker vs. Nathan McKenzie

Aussie Rules Match

Nathan McKenzie
truly was furious when he didn't emerge victorious from the Four Way match at OzFest and he'll certainly try to take his anger out on the young prospect
Jerome Parker
who'll only make his second appearance for APW.

Damian Dastardly vs. Boo Smithson

Aussie Rules Match

Boo
might have lost his APW Australian title match at OzFest, but we all know that's secondary for him, as all he wants to do is wrestle day in and day out. He'll get the chance to prove his skills in this match-up against another newcomer in
Damian Dastardly
.</div>

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj572/Xendarii/Dynasties/APW/Main%20Card_zpse1lakz12.png

<div align="justify">

Jimmy Stratosphere vs. Motty Kuroda vs. Christopher Gerard vs. Debonair David Peterson vs. Dingo Devine

Five Way Elimination Match

Boo Smithson wasn't able to take the APW Australian championship away from Maurice Jackson, just like so many couldn't before him. With multiple wrestlers waiting for their shot at the title, the one who really will have the opportunity to challenge the champion will be determined in this elimination match that will go on until only one competitor is left standing tall in the ring. Will one part of
The Rising Suns
take this as a stepping stone towards future success? Will the young up-and-coming natural athlete
Christopher Gerard
cause an upset and defeat all those men who have been part of APW way longer than him? Will
Debonair David Peterson
soon get a chance to win the title for the third time? Or will
Dingo Devine
try to accomplish what his partner couldn't do? This match will bring the answer, and it will be a close one.

The East Coast Rebels vs. The Duo ©

APW Tag Team Championships

Tag Team Aussie Rules Match

At OzFest,
The East Coast Rebels
seized their last opportunity to get another shot at the Tag Team titles by beating the champions in a non-title match. This time, it's all or nothing for
Alyx Macquarie
and
Cole Taylor
again. If they win, they can finally call themselves Tag Team champions again and all the hard work has been worth it. Should they lose, though, their hunt for the titles will be over once and for all and they'll have to line up behind other teams that eagerly wait for their own chances.

Harry Simonson vs. Scottie Hamstead

Aussie Rules Match

Both competitors in this match had a bad start in 2013, and there's no doubt both will do everything to make up for their respective losses at OzFest. While the menacing
Scottie Hamstead
only had a 25 % chance to win the four way contendership match in the main event anyway,
Harry Simonson
will be furious about the way he lost against
Spiffy Stan Standish
. In what could possibly be the closest match-up of the night, nuances will decide who can be the one to even things up.

Lanny Williams vs. Lone Shark

Aussie Rules Match

It was the daredevil move we all expected from
Lone Shark
in the main event of OzFest. With Scottie Hamstead down and out and Nathan McKenzie only seconds away from victory, he put everything he got in the balance, throwing "Big Mac" out of the ring and following him immediately thereafter with a breathtaking Suicide Dive. However, this move also potentially cost him the match and therefore his first opportunity to fight for the APW Commonwealth championship. This time, he's only got one opponent, but that doesn't necessarily make the challenge easier, because
Lanny Williams
, the most experienced worker in APW and a masterful technician, will certainly expect victory from himself - just like he always does.

Swoop McCarthy vs. Alexander Banks ©

APW Commonwealth Championship

Aussie Rules Match

It's been a huge shock when
Swoop McCarthy
returned at OzFest and caused the JDM Arena to erupt in a delirium of joy. As he won the APW Commonwealth Contendership match, he claimed the right to challenge
Alexander Banks
for the title he lost shortly before he left the company for RAW. Now, the time has come for him to win back the title that he brought more fame than anyone else could. With so much momentum going in his favour,
Banks
might seem to be in a tight corner, but if there's one thing we've learned about our Commonwealth champion, it's that he's an opportunist and will definitely try to find a way to emerge victorious from this title match, even though the odds might be stacked against him. After all, he's the one who won the championship from
Swoop
months ago and thus he's already proven that he's able to beat the returnee. The question is - can he do it a second time?</div>

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj572/Xendarii/Dynasties/APW/Quick%20Picks_zpsqyiyuhuj.png
Jimmy Stratosphere vs. Motty Kuroda vs. Christopher Gerard vs. Debonair David Peterson vs. Dingo Devine

Comments:

The East Coast Rebels vs. The Duo

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Swoop McCarthy vs. Alexander Banks

Comments:

Feedback for APW's OzFest

Card rating (0 to 10):

Show quality (0 to 10):

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Card rating (0 to 10): 10

Show quality (0 to 10): 10

Comments: OzFest was a monumental show with Swoop returning and winning a title shot, historic in the lore of the company. It was a great read and is regularly one of the best dynasties on the board.

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Card rating (0 to 10): 9

Show quality (0 to 10): 9

Comments: Very good opening show

Comments: DDP, the old dog, will prove too tough for the young 'uns.

Comments: I don't actually know who the Duo are, so I'm going with the East Coast Rebels here.

Comments: I like Harry, he's a good wrestler.

Comments: I guess I'm showing my bias towards the old technical wrestlers here, but in my RAW game I brought DDP, Lanny and Harry over and they taught all of the rubbish wrestlers how to wrestle. Improved the whole promotion a hundred fold.

Comments: Swoop needs to be champion. This guy will carry the whole company on your back and Pop of 90+ is not impossible.

Comments: I See DDP or Dingo winning ths

Comments: Not a fan of the Duo

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Card rating (0 to 10): 8

Show quality (0 to 10): 7

Comments: Honestly, perfectly fine first outing. A good, fun, quick read. My only complaint is that for many of us who may be unfamiliar with the Australian scene, a little background during the show might've helped.

Comments:

Card rating (0 to 10): 8

Show quality (0 to 10): 8

Comments: A great show with lot of awesome moments.

Keep it up brother.

And thank you for letting me know how long my dynasty lasted:o

Anyways i have moved and currently posting a 9000 verse diary after burning my hands in Thunder verse so you should check that out if you have time (sorry for the shameless bump):D

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments: Because he's Swoop McCarthy!

Card rating (0 to 10): 10

Show quality (0 to 10): 10

Comments: Can't think of anything bad about it to be honest!

Comments: Need a face to win this, and I ended up giving Dingo a pretty decent push in my own APW game.

Comments: East Coast won the last match so I'll take the Duo here; possibly setting up a 3rd match.

Comments: Scottie's more over to start with, but Simonson is more talented so I'll take him.

Comments: Back in Lanny's day they didn't allow all this flipin' and flopin' inside a ring.

Comments: Swoops such a big signing it's hard to see him losing here.

Card rating (0 to 10): 8 (It was a bit strange that only one of your belts was on the line, but I guess it makes sense since Swoop was debuting in the main event.)

Show quality (0 to 10): 9 (I enjoyed the show, but like any fair and impartial journalist I can't give it a full 10 until my check comes in the mail.)

Comments: Fun show

This is probably gonna be a rather long post, so I'll start with a TL;DR version that should cover all important points. If you're interested in the details, feel free to read on. Also, I'll comment on all of your show feedbacks because I'm so happy how much interest this dynasty is drawing and how many people actually took their time to read the full show and review it. :)

TL;DR: Realised that I really put much effort in this dynasty and let my studies slide which is not a good thing; thought about terminating it, but your feedback has been too great for that to be an option; will restart this dynasty with a slightly different concept, but I'll prepare everything in advance (e.g. logos for every show) so it might take a while.

Now on to the long version. I'm having lots of fun with this dynasty, especially because there are so many people reading it and giving me great feedback, which makes me really glad. A huge shout out to KnowYourEnemy in this respect who gave me a very extensive feedback via PM - you're awesome! However, I realised that I'm putting a lot of time into the different aspects of this dynasty. First of all, writing texts in English takes pretty long because it's not my mother tongue and I have to use dictionaries and think about how to write sentences instead of just writing them down like I'd do it in German (although my English really improved over the years, so it's not as bad as it may sound). Secondly, I'm a perfectionist. I want my texts to be as good as possible, my images to be as fancy as possible (although I'm horrible at working with programs like Photoshop) and the overall dynasty design to be as great as possible. Because of that, I noticed that I really let my studies slide which is not acceptable, because I'm part of multiple projects with other people and I really can't let them down. Therefore, this dynasty can't go on like that and I need to find possibilities to still be happy with its quality while not devoting that much time to it.

I thought about terminating the whole dynasty for a short time, but that's not a real option - again, I've received so much positive feedback that made me really happy that I'm a hundred percent sure I don't want to end all of this. However, I'm going to need a slightly different concept that allows me to bring out shows in an acceptable interval while not taking too much of my studies time. One part of this concept will be to create all the images I need (like show logos) in advance so I don't need to do these things once the dynasty started, because it might delay the actual shows too long and I guess that huge gaps could cause many readers to lose their interest in this dynasty. In addition to that, I'll reduce the amount of posts planned in-between shows and I'll probably turn my back on the "Battle For Supremacy" thing and just concentrate on my own company (although the war with DIW and RAW will pretty much always be part of an APW dynasty).

With that said, this actual dynasty will actually be terminated right now - but I'll restart it as soon as I've got everything I need for it to run smoothly and exactly the way I want it to run. KnowYourEnemy and Uncrewed will still get their prizes, of course. I really hope you're not too annoyed and I'm grateful for every single reader who'll follow the next instance of APW: The Battle For Supremacy (though with a different name, most likely) as well. Many thanks to each and everyone of you!

Now on to some comments on your show feedbacks.

KnowYourEnemy: We already talked via PM - but once again, thank you VERY much!

Uncrewed: Glad that you liked it!

smwilliams: Thank you! Yeah, I see that giving some more background information would've been useful. I'll probably give a short introduction to every roster member before the first show in this dynasty's reincarnation. If there's something else you'd like to know, please write me a short PM and tell me what I could include.

kanegan: Thanks to you as well! I'll certainly check it out, although the 9000verse seems very strange to me. ^^

The Lloyd: Great to hear that! I love your dynasty, so reading that you enjoyed the show means a lot!

Tiberious4: You're absoutely right - I probably could've altered the card and let The Duo defend their Tag Team titles as well. And about your check - feel free to write your credit card number right in this thread. xP Glad that you liked the show!

Archived