How Quickly Do You Abandon Cold Storylines?

What do you do when a story line just keeps losing heat?

Do you keep trying to push it?

Do you bail on it and just end it?

How bad does it hurt the workers when you end it when the heat is low?

Do you add more "players" to spice it up?

Once it gets real low on heat will it ever build back up or are you wasting your time trying to make it work?

Do you use ALOT of storylines or just a few with your top guys?

<p>When a Storyline keeps on losing heat, I have a Tendency to spice things up by adding a main eventer to the mix because ending a storyline too soon or when the heat is too low will hurt way too much.</p><p> </p><p>

When I first started playing, only my main eventers had a storyline but now the way I play it is by having storylines for everyone. Not much 1vs1 Storyline (only for main eventers for me) but putting everyone from intercontinental/tag picture in the same story, Lower Midcarders, etc.</p>

Depends who is involved. I usually run a couple of storylines more than is required. If there's someone in it that I'm trying to push, I'll ride it out and maybe add a popular non-worker to try and pick it up a bit. If it's nothing more than filler with perennial midcarders, then it gets binned pretty quickly. If there's going to be a stale storyline sat there, it might as well involve a young worker who could get a bit more over.

Wow, I didn't know it can hurt to end a story line too soon, thats great. I would usually end a story line at a PPV and keeping the SL's that are rated at least a C+ up until it loses heat at the end of the next PPV. When is a good time to end a storyline? Do I already have the right idea? Also if your promotion doesn't require to run SL are there still penalties for ending them?

<p>Never. Storylines are rated by the segments. If the storyline is cold, book better segments. It's not EWR or PW. And midcard, lower midcard storylines will have lower heat anyway. Build them up, if you do it right you'll still get the momentum bonus at the end</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: what I'm saying is that while heat matters, the amount of victories a worker gets and who wins the blowoff matters too.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scorpion" data-cite="scorpion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36687" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Never. Storylines are rated by the segments. If the storyline is cold, book better segments. It's not EWR or PW. And midcard, lower midcard storylines will have lower heat anyway. Build them up, if you do it right you'll still get the momentum bonus at the end<p> </p><p> Edit: what I'm saying is that while heat matters, the amount of victories a worker gets and who wins the blowoff matters too.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This... it can just about always be saved if you want it bad enough.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UEWpro" data-cite="UEWpro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36687" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you know when the proper time to end a storyline?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I watch the victory count. Ideally I'd want everyone in the fantastic range. Then I do the blowoff match at a big event or PPV. You can end it sooner but the payoff to your momentum will be less.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scorpion" data-cite="scorpion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36687" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I watch the victory count. Ideally I'd want everyone in the fantastic range. Then I do the blowoff match at a big event or PPV. You can end it sooner but the payoff to your momentum will be less.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Victory count?</p>

Victory count?

"Success"

how do you get everyone involved to be in the fantastic range?

Use angles that give a bigger victory to one worker than they do a loss to the other worker. In the default angles the Interview-Taunt gives a minor success with no defeat. Also a worker winning a match in which they were interfered with seems to give a victory with no impact on the worker interfering. You can mix in straight up matches and angles that cause defeat, but if you keep it going long enough and give them enough of these wins, eventually both workers will reach fantastic success.

how do you get everyone involved to be in the fantastic range?

First off except for PPVs the two workers almost never meet up on a TV match unless its a draw usually in a tag, six man tag or 4 o 4. Second of the guy I know is going to lose on the PPV usually gets more success in angles during the four weeks leading up to the show. i create most of my ow angles but I stick to the rule of thumb that the difference can only be one rank, so if a worker gets a minor success the other worker can be neutral, if the worker gets a success the other worker gets minor loss and so on. I find that after a few months of this and trading off wins on PPVs i can get both sides of a one on one feud to look good.

There are angles that break the rule. IE Remo and Vengeance beat each other to a stand still untill the are forcibly separate. I might give them both minor success, because they both still look strong, they both gave a lot and took a lot and looked good doing it and had to be separated. Although some folks might call this neutral i think the point is to both make them look vicious which helps them both in the story so I make an exception to my regular rule.

Archived