Small questions that don't deserve their own thread.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mr.johndoe" data-cite="mr.johndoe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36841" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you improve persons mic skills? I'm playing a 2004 TNA game and I signed CM Punk and Bryan Danielson. Punk started at 61 mic skills and Danielson with 37 and I've tried to push Punk into improving his skill (gave him James Mitchell as manager, had him be in angles with better mic skills, allow him to go off script, I've tried so many combinations) and almost completely neglected Danielson, yet after 10 months in-game, Punk's mic skill is 62 and Danielsons's is 40. What gives? Going by this tempo, Punk will be able to hold his own on the mic in about 20 years.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> how much time are you giving him for promos? Are you sure the segments you're picking are rated on mic skills and not another category?</p>

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>It just occurred to me i've been playing these games for years and have no clue about most of the Physical skills.</p><p>

Resilience and Stamina are easy, and i have a vague notion that Athleticism maybe helps other skills improve faster (??Right??), but what in the blue hell do Toughness and Power do?</p>

<p>How to Take Over a Company After The Owner Retires</p><p> </p><p>

The title says it all.</p><p> </p><p>

I know this is an embarrassingly easy question to answer but, as I've never stuck with a promotion long enough to be in this kind of situation, it's just something that never came up before.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyhow, it's 2023, I'm running AAA and Anne Stardust has retired. As the resident booker, is it possible for me to apply for the vacant owner position? I know in past versions of the game, I've simply waited for a new owner to buy the company and play by their imposed rules. After 10 pretty successful years of running the company, however, I've grown attached to the little promotion that could and think that if the torch is to going to be passed, I'd like it passed to me. I suspect that this is probably something that <em>can't</em> be done but, before I move on with my game, I'd like to definitively know if it's possible or not and how to go about doing it before totally giving up on the concept.</p><p> </p><p>

At any rate, many thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Foxcutter" data-cite="Foxcutter" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36841" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Anyhow, it's 2023, I'm running AAA and Anne Stardust has retired. As the resident booker, is it possible for me to apply for the vacant owner position? </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm pretty sure this is a yes. Look up the promotion in the list of companies, and click on View Profile. Once that window is open, click on Business. Once the next screen pops up, the Takeover Application button (the top one) should be active if you can apply.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Luchador Canadiense" data-cite="Luchador Canadiense" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36841" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm pretty sure this is a yes. Look up the promotion in the list of companies, and click on View Profile. Once that window is open, click on Business. Once the next screen pops up, the Takeover Application button (the top one) should be active if you can apply.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, unfortunately, it's as I feared. I get the message: "You cannot discuss business with AAA as you already work for them". If, however, I select another company, I'm given the option of either of applying for a job (JOB APPLICATION) or taking over the company (ATTEMPT TAKEOVER). I was hoping there might've been something obvious that I had missed but...</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for your help, though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Foxcutter" data-cite="Foxcutter" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36841" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, unfortunately, it's as I feared. I get the message: "You cannot discuss business with AAA as you already work for them". If, however, I select another company, I'm given the option of either of applying for a job (JOB APPLICATION) or taking over the company (ATTEMPT TAKEOVER). I was hoping there might've been something obvious that I had missed but...<p> </p><p> Thanks for your help, though.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I just wanted to reply with a quick update in case there are others experiencing the same dilemma and looking for a solution.</p><p> </p><p> What you have to do, of course, is <em>first</em> resign from your company, <em>then</em>, follow the procedure that Luchadore Canadiense suggests. There's no guarantee that you'll gain control of the company, of course; the review process for your application takes one to two weeks of in-game time to see through to its conclusion. I sort of blame lack of sleep for being so dense and not able to put two and two together to immediately see the obviousness of all of this but, well, there you go.</p><p> </p><p> P. S. Also be sure to check your roster as resigning from the company resets things like the alignment of some workers, your champions (if your PC was holding a belt when you left, for instance), pushes (for some of them, although this mainly applies to out-of-the-ring personnel), stables (which get deleted for some reason), etc., etc.. After resigning from the company, and having my application being accepted to be the new owner, I decided it wasn't worth it to see everything that I had worked so hard for screwed up and decided, instead, to follow the company line when a new owner took over. So, just a word of warning: if you liked what you were doing, and don't want to see your in-game world turned upside down, just wait for the new owner. It's a lot less frustrating.</p><p> </p><p> P. P. S. You also might have a worker walk out on your company while waiting for you to come back or a new owner to take over, as well. So yet another strike against following this course of action, I guess.</p>

Is it normal for me to lose pop if I finish 3rd out of 7 on regional battles? I figured I was supposed to win a tiny bit of pop instead of losing it in this situation. Is there some other way to lose pop at the end of the month that I'm missing?

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Is there anyway to change your owners push when in the middle of a game?</p><p> </p><p>

Playing as GFW and Jarrett is set as a road agent. I want to move him to semi for a month or so to get him involved. Tried looking at the contracts on edit data but there doesn't seem to be an option.</p><p> </p><p>

Also during this time I play to use my colour com (Roddy Piper) as a road agent and colour com. Is there any downside to this?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James" data-cite="James" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36841" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there anyway to change your owners push when in the middle of a game?<p> </p><p> Playing as GFW and Jarrett is set as a road agent. I want to move him to semi for a month or so to get him involved. Tried looking at the contracts on edit data but there doesn't seem to be an option.</p><p> </p><p> Also during this time I play to use my colour com (Roddy Piper) as a road agent and colour com. Is there any downside to this?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've been using my Road Agent as Color also and nothing bad has happened.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Leo C" data-cite="Leo C" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36841" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've been using my Road Agent as Color also and nothing bad has happened.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cheers thought it would be fine. Any ideas for on how to change my owners push?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James" data-cite="James" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36841" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cheers thought it would be fine. Any ideas for on how to change my owners push?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Go into the in-game editor, edit his contract to be semi-active, in-ring only under Contracts, and make sure that his roles allow him to wrestle under Workers. He should push to occasional wrestler or whatever his level would be if he's set to be full-time. </p><p> </p><p> You could also set his contract to "be whatever is needed", and as long as he has the Occasional Wrestler role, you should be able to manually push him as such without him complaining too much, especially if it's only a temporary push.</p>

• 3 months later...

Archived