Small questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Can I edit a worker's injury status after I've started a game? One of the RW mods I'm using shows a wrestlers as injured during a time when he should be available.

I think the closest you can get to removing that wrestler's injury immediately is with surgery. It won't work most of the time, but it's close to impossible to worsen if the injury has the lowest risk in surgery.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an idea for something that could be a fun little add on.

Having a promotion filled with wrestlers who have died. If you have your real world 206 mod you could have Heaven Wrestling federation. With members of the roster being guys who have died. Maybe have them in their prime.

A roster made up of Warrior, Perfect, Balls Mahoney, The Von Erics, Brody, Savage ,Chyna, Doink the Clown, Yokozuna... etc.

Of course you have the dilemma of people who have done stuff wrong, if to add them or not. Benoit, Moolah etc

No sure if it all would be in Bad taste however. Maybe add it to the over 9000 verse where the fact they are dead being rough to life could accentuate their powers.

I believe you get a momentum boost out of it.

Thank you. I noticed that, too, but though that maybe there was more to it than "just" a couple of points of momentum boost.

Another question: There's a wrestler whose development contract is up, and the company offered him another development deal, which he is seriously considering. When I offer him a development contract, though, he refuses because he feels it would be a waste of time. Is there a reason for that or could this be a bug?

Thank you. I noticed that, too, but though that maybe there was more to it than "just" a couple of points of momentum boost.

Another question: There's a wrestler whose development contract is up, and the company offered him another development deal, which he is seriously considering. When I offer him a development contract, though, he refuses because he feels it would be a waste of time. Is there a reason for that or could this be a bug?

The first thing to look at would be whether or not the offering company is larger/more prestigious than yours. They could also be offering him more money even on a developmental contract than you are. Unfortunately there are a multitude of factors that might be causing this. I've seen it happen in some of my games as well, but I don't feel that it is necessarily a bug.

The first thing to look at would be whether or not the offering company is larger/more prestigious than yours. They could also be offering him more money even on a developmental contract than you are. Unfortunately there are a multitude of factors that might be causing this. I've seen it happen in some of my games as well, but I don't feel that it is necessarily a bug.

The other company is just barely national, I'm right on the brink of being international, so that's not it. Granted, their prestige is at 94, mine is at 91, but I doubt that minimal difference would make a difference.

I just tried offering him the best contract possible: 10 years, 125.000 $ per month, used as an icon, creative control, hiring veto, wage matching etc. Basically the best offer that the game allows me to do and he still refused.

Also, from my experience, it doesn't matter how lucrative a contract is: If a wrestler thinks a development is a waste of time for him, you can't convince him otherwise. That's why I was surprised he's willing to extend the contract with the other company.

Anyone else have any ideas?

You mean the wrestlers get more popularity in primetime than others or the company gets more pops?

In theory, popularity/overness gains ought to be larger in front of a larger audience (which is what a better time slot amounts to). I don't know how large a difference it would make, nor whether it would potentially offset the loss of revenue, however.

is their anyway to influence somebody into taking a protege? i'm booking NJPW in 2017 and i would like to crown a Tiger Mask V but i would like Tiger Mask IV to actually have a protege that i could use for realism sake, thanks

The "unfair" way would be to go to edit relationships then for the top box put the protege and the second box the mentor.

How much do you need to focus on match ratings, popularity is certain regions and things like that? What happens if I just want to book whatever I want more like in EWR?

You will lose popularity and get fired (if you're not the owner). If you are the owner, you will lose popularity which will lead to losing money which will lead to bankruptcy. You can still book whatever you want just within reason. If you like headlining WWE pay per views with (present day) Fandango vs Heath Slater held in Western Australia, that's not reasonable and will get you stiffly penalized.

Your focus will need to be on match ratings (at least for two matches per card, the last two). Popularity in certain regions will need to be focused on if you intend to grow in size.

You will lose popularity and get fired (if you're not the owner). If you are the owner, you will lose popularity which will lead to losing money which will lead to bankruptcy. You can still book whatever you want just within reason. If you like headlining WWE pay per views with (present day) Fandango vs Heath Slater held in Western Australia, that's not reasonable and will get you stiffly penalized.

Your focus will need to be on match ratings (at least for two matches per card, the last two). Popularity in certain regions will need to be focused on if you intend to grow in size.

I still want to book good matches and interesting storylines but there seems to be a lot of other stuff I am not interested in.

how does the potential affect the game?

if I were to set all the workers' potentials to the highest, would ALL the workers eventually be 'hall of famers' in their abilities in their primes?

I would like to set them highest so that whoever I want to push has an enough potential to break the celing, but I am little bit worried about the in-game unbalance it may cause after a few years of playing..

• 3 weeks later...
How do you improve persons mic skills? I'm playing a 2004 TNA game and I signed CM Punk and Bryan Danielson. Punk started at 61 mic skills and Danielson with 37 and I've tried to push Punk into improving his skill (gave him James Mitchell as manager, had him be in angles with better mic skills, allow him to go off script, I've tried so many combinations) and almost completely neglected Danielson, yet after 10 months in-game, Punk's mic skill is 62 and Danielsons's is 40. What gives? Going by this tempo, Punk will be able to hold his own on the mic in about 20 years.

Archived