[HYPE] August 2014 Real World

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which seems impossible due to a 90-day clause. Unless his contract was slated to expire before Sunday?

He's reportedly showing up at Triplemania on Sunday. I thought the 90 day clause was done now. Matt Sydal and Drew Galloway are two names that spring to mind when thinking about it being abolished.

He's reportedly showing up at Triplemania on Sunday. I thought the 90 day clause was done now. Matt Sydal and Drew Galloway are two names that spring to mind when thinking about it being abolished.

It has never effected indy dates Im pretty sure it was a TV/PPV only restriction, especially with cases like Cabana, Hero, etc being on indies a week after release

ADR should be under the 90 days and the AAA thing is on PPV so we'll see. It's just rumors at this point. If he wasnt on some clause then TNA would be in serious talks with him I assume

It has never effected indy dates Im pretty sure it was a TV/PPV only restriction, especially with cases like Cabana, Hero, etc being on indies a week after release

ADR should be under the 90 days and the AAA thing is on PPV so we'll see. It's just rumors at this point. If he wasnt on some clause then TNA would be in serious talks with him I assume

I assume iPPV doesn't fall under that bracket?

I assume iPPV doesn't fall under that bracket?

Probably not by those same examples. Hero's first was DGUSA on ippv though he was on NXT so might not have counted

Actually I remember seeing that WWE blocked Sydal from appearing on the ROH PPV even at the end of June due to the 90 days and he worked Kobe World in Dragon Gate which was a iPPV as well

Probably not by those same examples. Hero's first was DGUSA on ippv though he was on NXT so might not have counted

Actually I remember seeing that WWE blocked Sydal from appearing on the ROH PPV even at the end of June due to the 90 days and he worked Kobe World in Dragon Gate which was a iPPV as well

maybe Alberto had a different contract than them

This is from AAA's official FaceBook page.

¿Quieres ser parte del regreso de Alberto del Rio a México?

¡COMPRA YA TUS BOLETOS PARA TRIPLEMANÍA XXII!

(Translation)

Would you like to be part of the return of Alberto de el Rio to Mexico?

BUY YOUR TICKETS FOR TRIPLEMANÍA XXII ALREADY!

10583947_891767997517619_2439556252689211717_n.jpg?oh=d77aa9dc15661b022da9ec371a431079&oe=547FD789

It's possible there is no 90 day no compete clause because he was fired rather than released.

Also, it's Mexico - and AAA may just be banking on that sort of highly oppressive condition not being enforceable internationally. Alternatively ADR could appear as a 'fan' in the crowd, and not in the ring etc. to stretch the notion of an 'appearance'.

With HBK/Taker/SCSA they should be all set as retired, well maybe on Taker. So, even if there was a company that was big enough to hire them, they wouldn't be wrestling and just used as a manager or color.

True, I guess it's just preference that I'd probably add in a personal game. Even retired, I couldn't see someone like those three working for another company.

Chances are they wouldn't I think things like loyality and freelanceer get misused though. They don't sim what modders try and use them for(i.e. Freelance to sim a guy working all over) and loyality I believe is usually used for Japan, and not many other places.

But there's no reason it cannot be used properly for outside of Japan. Guys like the Undertaker with the WWF/E and Sting's loyalty to WCW could be and should be mirrored in the game. It's a great tool if used sparingly, like how Fleisch was using it.

i'm watching TNA right now and apparently TNA is moving to wednesday nights has of next week , still the same time slot though.

i guess that means they've came to an agreement with Spike TV or this was them responding to rumors of smackdown moving thursdays

likely due to the NFL now being on CBS on Thursdays a bunch instead of just NFL Network. A lot of the same demographic. There's nothing on Wednesdays, it's a smart move by TNA. WWE should stay on Friday.

This should settle a couple things.

While appearing on talk shows in Mexico today, Alberto Del Rio noted that he cannot wrestle in the United States for a year. He admitted there was a confrontation with a WWE employee but did not go into any great detail.

That would likely mean he was found to be in breach of his WWE contract. When a WWE talent is found in breach, they are informed that they will no longer be paid additional revenue due to them past the day of the breach (including royalties due for PPV, licensing, etc.) and that as a penalty of the breach, they cannot compete in pro wrestling or MMA for a period of one year.

Archived