[HYPE] August 2014 Real World

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very excited to see you working on this! I do have a question.

Are you going to try to balance Japan and Mexico? Fleisch's mod was seriously incredible, well rounded, and balanced but I found Japanese workers to be a bit overrated (their selling and psychology is something I'd consider lowering en masse barring a few exceptions - I find they generally struggle to tell great logical stories in the ring but substitute it with a tonne of action), in that New Japan consistently pumps out A rated matches, their workers make up the top 15 wrestlers in the world at the end of every year, etc. Somebody also suggested looking at lowering the size of Japanese promotions other than NJPW, particularly outside of Tokyo.

Luchadores, for the most part in all mods, seem to get the shaft conversely. Their brawling and technical ability seem low across the board, as does the psychology for some of the veterans relative to those in other game areas. I'm not a lucha expert by any means, but it seems to be the source of the best consistent matches in terms of psychology, technical work, and bloody brawls. Can't really recreate that with the data.

Other than those two issues, Thunderkitty was set as a male, should be female (I think...?).

I find they generally struggle to tell great logical stories in the ring but substitute it with a tonne of action), in that New Japan consistently pumps out A rated matches, their workers make up the top 15 wrestlers in the world at the end of every year, etc.

I strongly disagree. This just seems like either a lack of knowledge of the current scene or a bias against puro for some reason but New Japan has almost objectively been the best company in the world in terms of matches. Different and more subtle storytelling doesn't mean it isn't there

I strongly disagree. This just seems like either a lack of knowledge of the current scene or a bias against puro for some reason but New Japan has almost objectively been the best company in the world in terms of matches. Different and more subtle storytelling doesn't mean it isn't there

Guys like Okada, Naito, and sometimes even Tanahashi are more worried about hitting their next move than selling. They'll spend the first 10 minutes of a match having a limb worked on and then drop it so they can enter sprint mode. Psychology in Japan is unique, I understand that, but it has gotten progressively worse generally since the mid-to-late '90s. Why the hell does Nakamura have to hit three Boma Ye knees to win a match now? How does that help in the long run in terms of story telling? Not to mention that awful 50/50 strike exchange before the stretch run of every match. You're telling me the guy that just got dropped on his head three times is going to win a strike exchange with his opponent? Why? There is a definite lack of continuity going on there. Watching the G1 really shows how limited the psychology is for a lot of guys in that their matches are formulaic and everybody has to get all their moves in in every match. They all have the overdone finisher reversal fest that has now infested the WWE, too but not nearly to the same extent. I know this is a subjective issue (but what isn't?), I just don't think the psychology is very good in Japanese wrestling and it is strongly tied with continuity and selling. As I said, I think their top row stats should be the highest, generally, but their psychology and selling lowered considerably to balance it out.

At least, I don't think their workers should be head and shoulders above everybody else in the world when you have a handful of guys in WWE and a strong Lucha Libre scene with better told stories and feature consistent selling.

Also, how is anything in pro wrestling objective?

Nothing in wrestling is objective of course but there are some things that are generally accepted as truths. For instance it's an opinion that Flair was a great worker but it's a generally accepted fact.

Ishii and Shibata have their sprints but I don't see main events like that at all

HECK YES! I had a lot of fun with your short lived H-Verse mod and am very much looking forward to this one. Just one question, purely out of curiosity, will you be building this off of Fleish's RWC, the H-Verse, or something else entirely?

- Alberto Del Rio has been fired from WWE

There's a large chance it's just a storyline. They didn't treat it like a legit firing on their website. Like I said in the WWE thread: They didn't wish him best in his future endeavours, nor did they address him by his real name like they do when they release people. It seems odd.

There's a large chance it's just a storyline. They didn't treat it like a legit firing on their website. Like I said in the WWE thread: They didn't wish him best in his future endeavours, nor did they address him by his real name like they do when they release people. It seems odd.

I don't think they called Curt Hawkins, JTG, Jinder Mahal, Evan Bourne or Drew McIntyre etc with their real names either when they released them recently. Might be wrong though.

Also, if it is as heinous as rumoured (He's either attacked Kevin Dunn or got into an altercation with a female according to the two rumours I've seen) then he might not get the pleasantries.

I don't think they called Curt Hawkins, JTG, Jinder Mahal, Evan Bourne or Drew McIntyre etc with their real names either when they released them recently. Might be wrong though.

Also, if it is as heinous as rumoured (He's either attacked Kevin Dunn or got into an altercation with a female according to the two rumours I've seen) then he might not get the pleasantries.

I was unaware they didn't say those guys' real names. I hadn't read those rumors yet. I know his contract was reportedly ending soon, but what would get a guy so riled up he'd attack a high level Suit or even a female of any position?!

I was unaware they didn't say those guys' real names. I hadn't read those rumors yet. I know his contract was reportedly ending soon, but what would get a guy so riled up he'd attack a high level Suit or even a female of any position?!

No clue, there has been reports about his bad attitude before though.

HECK YES! I had a lot of fun with your short lived H-Verse mod and am very much looking forward to this one. Just one question, purely out of curiosity, will you be building this off of Fleish's RWC, the H-Verse, or something else entirely?

I'm using Fleisch's July data as a base (big thanks to him for allowing me to!), importing things I want from a semi updated H-Verse I have and also adding a few other bits and pieces, like Mammoths gimmick file etc.

I appreciate any help, especially on release when it comes to lesser known workers. I study and watch as many matches as I can when modding but it's impossible to know everyone well.

I'm using Fleisch's July data as a base (big thanks to him for allowing me to!), importing things I want from a semi updated H-Verse I have and also adding a few other bits and pieces, like Mammoths gimmick file etc.

I appreciate any help, especially on release when it comes to lesser known workers. I study and watch as many matches as I can when modding but it's impossible to know everyone well.

If you're going to keep in the Texas workers (I can look over the mod and PM you a list) in this next data set, feel free to take a look at their stats and make whatever adjustments you feel are necessary. I tried to balance them out, but I may have gone a little high or low in some areas of their stats.

Thanks very much guys :)

I will need help with gimmicks mostly. I'm using Mammoths gimmick file with some adjustments made by a very respected modder here who's working on a mod soon to be released (don't want to name him in case it's his surprise) so I've had to delete all of the gimmicks that were there.

Especially for smaller and UK feds, some help with gimmicks would be a massive help. I'll post details on which company is being done when it comes time.

list of all the WWE/NXT referees

(WWE)

Chad Patton

Charles Robinson

Darrick Moore

Jason Ayers

John Cone

Mike Chioda

Rod Zapata

Ryan Tran

Scott Armstrong

(NXT)

Danilo Anfibio

Drake Wuertz

Matt Bennett

Dan Engler

And just in case anyone doesn't realize it, Dan Engler is Rudy Charles from TNA.

ALBERTO DEL RIO TO MAKE FIRST POST-WWE APPEARANCE OPPOSITE SUMMERSLAM?

Legendary AAA rudo announcer Arturo Rivera tweeted almost an hour ago that Alberto del Rio will be appearing at Triplemania XXII this Sunday with no other details than that.

Triplemania is slated to air on iPPV opposite Summerslam this Sunday 8/17.

This will be definitely something to watch out for in the coming days.

Add Alberto Del Rio to AAA.

Archived