ThunderVerse 2014 Platinum Release Thread

BP's pretty much said what I was going to. Personally, I render masks on the same basic face the majority of the time as there is very little benefit to giving a lot of attention to something that is then hidden. Similarly, it isn't really feasible to do an unmasked alt for all masked workers - not only would it slow the game down but it would also make the pic file a lot bigger than it currently is (and it is already massive!).

However, because the ThunderVerse renders are set to line up, creating f-alts can be a very quick process (even for something like removing hair as a result of a lucha de apuestas match). Most requests get done fairly quickly too, so it's almost always easier doing it that way than re-rendering without a mask.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is the second 'scan' in the series of articles from the January 1980 issue of the North American Wrestling Observer, this time the article regarding the scene in the UK...

http://i.imgur.com/jqQ5fwO.jpg

***THUNDERVERSE VICE***

**COMING 2015**

Does anyone have the Thunderverse 2013 data? The Sendspace link in the old thread is no longer valid.

I don't have it to hand, but is there a particular reason you want it? A fair bit was recanoned for the 2014 release so the 2013 data is really out of date (if not, in some places, incorrect).

Alts, a thread like the render thread but for other exclusively T-verse graphic needs. I ask because the really uniform look of all the graphics is part of what makes the mod for me.

To be honest, I can't really recall anyone ever requesting a logo. The Alts thread is probably as good a place as any to make the requests though, if you had something specific in mind?

Alts, a thread like the render thread but for other exclusively T-verse graphic needs. I ask because the really uniform look of all the graphics is part of what makes the mod for me.

Well, The Thunderverse Alt Pack covers all of stuff like that. I'm pushing another update out this week - maybe even today. :)

To be honest, I can't really recall anyone ever requesting a logo. The Alts thread is probably as good a place as any to make the requests though, if you had something specific in mind?

Some of the blanks, TV show logos and whatnot. ILL is probably my favorite promotion, I'd love a TV logo and maybe a passel of random PPV logos.

Thunderverse Vice looks awesome, and I like the preview snippets that give us hints as to what's going on in the world at the time. Great work as always.

Does Wakizashi have a name in canon, or anything someone else has given him? He seems like a good prospect but that name doesn't really fit in with traditional Puro naming conventions.

I don't think he has any official name, so you'd have to make one up. I ended up giving him the name Tomohiro Wakabayashi when I signed him in an HONOUR game.

Anyway, I also felt the need to share a random event I just got in GDR game:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/Tiberious4/FinEAToWMD_zpslprqzx4g.png

This could lead to some amazing angles and storylines in POW.

Here is the third 'scan' in the series of articles from the January 1980 issue of the North American Wrestling Observer, this time the article regarding the state of women's wrestling in North America

http://i.imgur.com/4Y3tLKH.jpg

***THUNDERVERSE VICE***

**COMING 2015**

... and I like the preview snippets that give us hints as to what's going on in the world at the time.

Cheers, glad you like them ;)

<p>So I've started an AWF game and I'm a couple of weeks in. Its going quite well and the first two shows graded better than I had hoped. Its mostly-sandbox game, which helps with the grades a bit. Signed a bunch of talent. Too much talent, at least in terms of developmental talent. But those don't bloat my roster. They just get annoying when a load of them start demanding to come onto the main roster.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway.... Dragon somehow caught my eye. I've never paid them much attention, beyond stealing a worker or two. The story to them is neat. I don't expect I'll abandon my AWF game but the possibility of a future game with Dragon is now there. I am actually doing a watcher sim while at work so I can see how the AI manages to develop the company. So far it looks like a slow grind upward.</p><p> </p><p>

I've never run a LuchaResu company and I don't tend to run smaller cult (or below) companies. The plethora of stables is definitely interesting. so who can provide some Dragon advice? What has worked? What hasn't? How long to hit National?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38420" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I've started an AWF game and I'm a couple of weeks in. Its going quite well and the first two shows graded better than I had hoped. Its mostly-sandbox game, which helps with the grades a bit. Signed a bunch of talent. Too much talent, at least in terms of developmental talent. But those don't bloat my roster. They just get annoying when a load of them start demanding to come onto the main roster.<p> </p><p> Anyway.... Dragon somehow caught my eye. I've never paid them much attention, beyond stealing a worker or two. The story to them is neat. I don't expect I'll abandon my AWF game but the possibility of a future game with Dragon is now there. I am actually doing a watcher sim while at work so I can see how the AI manages to develop the company. So far it looks like a slow grind upward.</p><p> </p><p> I've never run a LuchaResu company and I don't tend to run smaller cult (or below) companies. The plethora of stables is definitely interesting. so who can provide some Dragon advice? What has worked? What hasn't? How long to hit National?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've also had trouble / interest in a solid Dragon game. Any advice provided will be doubly appreciated.</p>

Sorry, couldn't resist the bad reference.

I've never ran a lengthy game with DRAGON but I look at Dragon Gate as a template. TV shows tend to have more trios matches and tag matches than singles.

That was pretty much my thought. And also part of what intrigued me. A Japanese style promotion based in the US. Loads of tag matches. Lots of excitement. Lots of stable wars. The kind of thing that appeals to me in a lot of ways.

Some random thoughts and observations…

-based on a sim I ran last night, the AI seems to be able to get consistent B grades for TV and PPV. Some B- and the occasional B+. The growth seems to be slow, though. Perhaps due to being on a Small network and PPV carrier. By mid-2015, those grades saw them still at Cult, not much further ahead than they were at the start. They also lost their TV deal in late 2014, but got a new one at the start of 2015. Basically, it looks growth is slow but steady. National is not a short distance away.

-the product scares me. Mostly due to unfamiliarity. The difficulty in getting sponsors will hinder financial growth a bit. I like that you can still use angles, and might consider dropping the ratio to 80% for TV if some guys can pull off decent promos. I am not sure how different wrestler types fit into the product – such as will a Technician or a Brawler do okay, or be restricted…?

-the TV show can be bumped to 90 minutes. Not sure if that’s a good idea right from the start.

-it seems like there is adequate talent at the start to produce at a required level. And it helps that two of your most talented are the owner and the head booker. Would hurt if one or both are on time decline. There is quite a bit of solid younger talent, with the likes of Cameron Cody and Tommy Lane likely to develop into top level workers. All are on PPA but can be signed to written deals. So not only can you ensure that those workers don’t get sold, but you can lock them down to very reasonable wages for up to a decade. I wouldn’t lock down everyone, as being on PPA means you don’t have to use them quite as frequently.

-there are some negative personalities, with the one and only Mr. Hart being quite impressively negative. It also looks like there may be some usage issues but I won’t get specific. This might be one of the tougher things to deal with, although few of the negative personalities are absolutely worth putting up with regardless of how they behave. I’m debating whether Hart would be.

-one of the greatest aspects of the Tverse is the myriad of talent you can sign. And there are a lot of options. I would try to mostly stick with Middleweight or below for size, although the occasional LHW could still play a role. It’s probably not a great idea to bloat the roster and that might be one of my biggest challenges.

-at Cult, a child promotion is an option and with $2.5m in the bank to start with, a definite option.