Windows 11 Upgrade - You MUST Unlicense First

Just a reminder that when you install a new version of windows, you need to remember to unlicense your game first, if you don't your license will be locked on the old windows installation and you will need to contact me to get it unlicensed.

Follow these steps on your old computer to unlicense ( which will give you your order ID) and you should be all set to move to the new computer.

Right-click on the shortcut you use to launch the game.

Goto properties

Goto the target box and at the end of the current entry add: -unlicense

Press apply and OK to exit

Then double click to launch the game. You will see the order ID and below there will be a box you can use to unlicense.

If this doesn't work please email me with the entry that is in the target field of your short-cut and we should be able to get you fixed up.

Hope this helps.

It have not had to unlicense a game in some time on here so I do not remember the answer to my question.

Will I still have my files (Saves, Pictures, etc.) when I unlicense them or should I save them in Dropbox or something like that?

None of your files should be affected.

Yeah none of your files will be affected. I do it all the time and have never had a single issue and I've done it maybe 15 to 20 times.

Edit: Did you say TEW10? People still PLAY TEW10? :)

Yeah I like the default rosters of a couple of TEW10 promotions better than the current version. Also, I have some real world mods that came out for 10 that I still play.

Or GDS could continue modernising and put more games on Steam, so we don't ever have to worry about the scourge that is Elicense ever again!

Just saying.... :D

That won't happen untill Greydog starts valueing good customer experience higher than they currently do.

When I try to do this for BBCF, I keep getting an error message that turns the ".exe" to ".exe-unlicense' and that file format is unusable and I cannot unlicense my game

There should be a space between the '.exe' and the '-unlicense'; otherwise it would be considered a thirteen character extension.

Just a reminder that when you install a new version of windows, you need to remember to unlicense your game first, if you don't your license will be locked on the old windows installation and you will need to contact me to get it unlicensed.

Follow these steps on your old computer to unlicense ( which will give you your order ID) and you should be all set to move to the new computer.

Right-click on the shortcut you use to launch the game.

Goto properties

Goto the target box and at the end of the current entry add: -unlicense

Press apply and OK to exit

Then double click to launch the game. You will see the order ID and below there will be a box you can use to unlicense.

If this doesn't work please email me with the entry that is in the target field of your short-cut and we should be able to get you fixed up.

Hope this helps.

I totally missed this!

Is there some way for me to have my licenses inactivated so i can use them again?

i updated to windows 10 today and now the game wont start.

Insted a window opens from Viatech technologies.

the say that i should enter my ID.

When i do that i get this message:

"unable to get or install license. retrival of license failed with error code = 11.

there are no licenses available for this order ID.

you have installed all of the licenses for this product to which you are entitled.

if you need additional licenses, you will need to contact the publisher or vendor store you purchased this product from, or you will need to purchase another copy"

I totally missed this!

Is there some way for me to have my licenses inactivated so i can use them again?

"unable to get or install license. retrival of license failed with error code = 11.

you have installed all of the licenses for this product to which you are entitled.

if you need additional licenses, you will need to contact the publisher or vendor store you purchased this product from, or you will need to purchase another copy"

UPDATE!

It started working by itself all off a sudden. Well well. Maybe my email to Viatech helped. Who knows?

Great to be able to play again :)

I totally missed this!

You try unlicensed now. You release the license and then go back to license it.

To me it worked in W8.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I also never thought about unlicensing FBCB before I upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seems to be working fine though. My only question is when I try to download FBPB and import draft files from FBCB to FBPB, am I going to have problems?

Same here, everything seems to be fine without unlicensing, worked even without a restart as others suggested.

I just updated to windows 10 on my computer and can't even find TEW or the GDS folder anywhere on my computer. :/

Files explorer in your start menu can help find any folders you need to find, and All Apps if you have it in your programs folder might show it.

I just installed windows 10 as well, so no expert, but had the same type of problems and found them.