BBCF update 1.62 live

The only change is I did do a 9-game conference schedule for 12 teams (Pac 12) and an 8-game (like the Mountain West).

Arlie, I don't see any extra field in the pstats conference table that differentiates the Pac 12 from the Mountain West or American Athletic (who all have two divisions of six teams each). How did you get the Pac 12 to play a 5-4 schedule and the other two to play a 5-3 schedule?

What happens with custom mods? Will the 12-team conferences all play a 5-3 schedule, or is there a way to make them play a 5-4?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question, it would have been a pretty big change to switch up the entire DB format (and break old saves/leagues). So, I keyed off the conference ID. If the conference is a 12-team league and the conference ID is 10, it uses the 9-game schedule. It's not as elegant as I would have liked, but it allowed me to make the change without messing up leagues. So, you can have one 12-team conference play a 9-game schedule by giving it the ID of 10.

Arlie, I'm noticing some oddities with the Rose Bowl when it's one of the semifinal playoff games in the four-team playoff. Instead of picking two teams in the top four, it's matching the Big Ten champion against the Pac 12 champion. I just saw a four-loss Ohio State team (ranked 19th) get one of the semifinal slots in the 2018 Rose Bowl, and undefeated Oklahoma (who was ranked #2) didn't even get one of the 40 bowl bids.

Arlie, I'm noticing some oddities with the Rose Bowl when it's one of the semifinal playoff games in the four-team playoff. Instead of picking two teams in the top four, it's matching the Big Ten champion against the Pac 12 champion. I just saw a four-loss Ohio State team (ranked 19th) get one of the semifinal slots in the 2018 Rose Bowl, and undefeated Oklahoma (who was ranked #2) didn't even get one of the 40 bowl bids.

Ok, I'm making a list for a later update and will add this to check.

Thank you so much for the update.

I am running Win 7. The update seems to have solved the problem I always had with this game with crashes. Before, the game was unplayable because it just crashed too much.

After installing the beta version of the patch I have played two seasons as Ohio University. I play a couple of games a season and then sim the rest. I prefer to delegate recruiting, scheduling and many other functions to the AI, and concentrate on game strategy and play-calling.

So far, no crashes. It is such a pleasure to be able to focus on my players and my game strategy instead of crashes.

Thank you again. This game may be rather old, but it is incredibly detailed and looks gorgeous. I'm glad that I'm able to enjoy it now.

Haven't been on the site much of late with the end of summer so I am pleasantly surprised by the new update to the game. I have been wanting to play a college football game again but because of the out of dateness of the files, it was hard to get into. A very nice surprise and thank you.

Great to see some renewed activity on the forum for this game again.

Can't get the files to install. I'm crashing at 92% every time as it attempts to install a font pack, "SF Electrotome Bold Oblique.ttf."

I have to force shut down via the task manager. This is a Windows 7 machine with no prior license.

On EDIT: Tried to backdoor it by downloading the demo, get the same problem there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<p>Thanks for the update Arlie!</p><p> </p><p>

I only got the game a couple years ago and LOVE it! I thought it was a dead game, as it is 12 years old & hadn't been updated. There were no new posts here last I checked (July) and I had no hope for any update.</p><p> </p><p>

I got a runtime error on the game that forced me to uninstall. Imagine my surprise to find that there was an update!</p><p> </p><p>

Just in case you're working on an update, I'll post some suggestions in the suggestion thread.</p>

I don't think you can. This is why I rotate players so they can all get some PT and also why you should heed your transfer email at the end of fall camp

I do. I never redshirt anyone who has high or worse. Average and lower i will if they are worth it. The game seems to hardcore on transfers IMO

I purchased the game years ago ; missed playing and wanted to see if game was still online. Am I able to download the game and update with my original license ? Was a member of the old "Gridiron Glory" online league. Also I have updated computers ---- so ---- not able to unlicensed

• 4 months later...

<p>I bought this about two years ago and tried to install on Windows 8 and it never worked, so I just gave up. Basically throwing away $29.99. After reading this update I am very interested in trying to play this again. </p><p> </p><p>

My wife bought me a tablet/PC RCA Cambio to use on work trips. It has Windows 10 on it. It's not a great system, but it's expensive so damaging on trips isn't a huge deal. Does anyone know if Bowl Bound would work on this. If successful I plan on getting the TEW as well</p>