What's going on in your game?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HRTVAndrew" data-cite="HRTVAndrew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The December event, SFW Season's Greetings, has just happened, and it's the start of a new era in Smark Friendly Wrestling. In the main event, Jay Chord pinned Eddie Peak, clean as a sheet, and he's now the SFW World Champion. Simply put, it's time to use the young guys I've spent two years getting ready for the big time to carry the ball at the top of the card. Peak is still my figurehead (for now), but before his contract runs out, he'll probably turn heel and set up some fresh angles. Namely, the possibility of him tagging with fellow monster Marat Khoklov and running roughshod over the tag team division really excites me.<p> </p><p> Chord's first feud as champion will come against Jefferson Stardust, who defeated Kirk Jameson in a rematch of their SFW Grand Prix classic. This one wasn't quite as good (96, not 99), but after the match, the crowd erupted when Kirk Jameson turned face, helping Stardust fend off former Uprising mates Ernest Youngman and Greg Gauge. Jameson will enlist the help of Frankie Perez in a feud with those two, which is handy because Perez has sort of stalled (I just don't have a lot for him to do that he hasn't already done yet!).</p><p> </p><p> Sara Marie York, meanwhile, is now officially the queen of women's wrestling. After regaining the SFW Women's title against Alicia Strong at Season's Greetings in another sensational match, her popularity is up over 90 in some regions of the US. Up next for her is a tag feud, as Alicia Strong has brought in Raven Nightfall from USPW and Melody has been called in to help the champion. Nightfall is on the wrong side of 40, but she's not in time decline yet, and her first few matches with us have been quite good. As long as we don't get unlucky with Strong/Nightfall's chemistry, this should be a really fun feud.</p><p> </p><p> Other title news: Edd Stone and Koshiro Ino retained the tag belts against Killer Shark and Scythe. We did see the SFW Cruiserweight title change hands, though, as Mexican Hero captured the belt in defeating Aldous Blackfriar. Stone and Ino will enter a three-way feud with High Concept and Blackfriar/Roderick Remus, while Hero's first feud as champ will come against Lenny Brown. Brown's improved substantially since signing with me, largely due to being taken under the wing of Joshua Taylor. He's a very good worker with a lot of charisma and extremely strong psychology, and with Taylor bumping up his skills even more from time to time, the sky's the limit. </p><p> </p><p> Other news: Chord and York, naturally, both wanted pay raises after Season's Greetings. My usual plan is to give them 75% of what they ask for, as that's usually enough for positive morale boosts. With York, that wasn't a problem; she's very highly-paid for a women's wrestler at just under $30k/month, but with how over she is, it's easily justifiable. Chord, though, wanted a raise of nearly double his monthly salary (he earned $25k or so a month and wanted more than $40k, which would make him the highest-paid guy in the company by a large distance). I only went to 50%, and he hit the roof. However, I was at least able to cancel that out with a one-time bonus. Hopefully, that shuts him up for a while and keeps him focused on being the best champ he can be!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was finally able to play this game through my February 2018 event, On Thin Ice. From a title perspective, not much changed. Jay Chord retained the big belt over Jefferson Stardust, and Edd Stone and Koshiro Ino kept the tag titles in a three-way match against Elmo Benson/Greg Black and Aldous Blackfriar/Roderick Remus. The only title change I made involved the Cruiserweight belt, which Lenny Brown won from Mexican Hero (who's over enough to not need it anymore).</p><p> </p><p> That doesn't mean nothing big happened, though. Sara Marie York and Melody had been feuding with Alicia Strong and Raven Nightfall. The faces won the tag match, but afterwards, Melody attacked York to turn heel and set up a feud that will run up to this year's Summer Festival in June. They had a face vs. face storyline last year, but I'm expecting better matches from them this time around due to the new alignment for Melody.</p><p> </p><p> Furthermore, I planted the seeds for a much bigger heel turn. Eddie Peak has been my franchise player for two years. However, he's on the wrong side of 40 and his stamina is quickly tapering off. As such, it's time for a heel turn, and I intend to launch that in the next week or two. The first guy he'll give the rub to is my next figurehead, Gino Montero, who'll likely beat him at Spring Stampede in April to set up a match for the big belt at Summer Festival. What's next for Peak after that? I'm not sure, but turning him heel sets up a lot of fresh matchups near the top of the card.</p><p> </p><p> Other developments: I signed Nemesis to a pay-per-appearance deal, where he'll serve as an authority figure that shows up when big things happen. He's excellent on the microphone, and this is now his primary gig since he stepped aside as IPW's booker. I also got Randy Bumfhole, who beat fellow new signee Ultra Spark Jr. at On Thin Ice in his first big match. From a developmental standpoint, I called Fro Sure up. He's turned into an OK worker, although I don't have any huge plans for him or anything like that.</p>

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a thread I post on frequently, but constantly read and enjoy. Just thought I'd share a bit about my CGC game....

Having never really played CGC in the past, I took them on as new head booker Peter Michaels and have been having a ton of fun. I've just completed through June of my first year and Christian Price has been a heat magnet champ. He's played all the DeColts against one another ultimately winning the title from Jack in a cage when Alex botched his interference. This has gotten Alex relieved from his duties with Eric Tyler being brought in as the heel authority figure. Ultimate Showdown will feature Price defending against Jack and Ricky where I plan to turn Ricky heel after Jack costs him the match allowing Price to walk out as champ.

Some of my big signings have been: Troy Tornado, Erik Strong, Flying Jimmy Foxx and John Greed.

My pet projects/prospects: Sean (Spencer) Spade, Primus (Allen), Gregory Keith (Gauge), Ant-Man & Davis Wayne Newton. Donte Dunn and Intrepid Ian Identity have started and stopped a bit too.

The world has a whole has shaken up a ton as well with Nicky Champion signing with SOTBPW, Rocky Golden, Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins signing with USPW, and a declining Rogue a free agent (I've been kicking the tires on him myself...but not sure I want to commit to the spending). Meanwhile SWF is reloading from the bottom up signing some good prospects to RIPW (including Garry the Entertainer and Killer Shark)

Raymond Diaz is subject to a big bidding war in Japan who just experienced the tsunami. TCW and NOTBPW are currently at Cult.

This has been one of the more fun saves I've played in a long time!

<p>In January 2018, a story just fell into my lap.</p><p> </p><p>

My user character has a poor relationship with Hollywood Bret Starr. I avoided pushing him because i knew his contract was coming up in the next few months and he would refuse to negotiate. I fined him very early in the save for missing a media appearance and he immediately had a bad relationship so I never really pushed him because I knew he'd eventually be gone.</p><p> </p><p>

Going into the last few months of 2017, I needed a fourth member for a Christmas Clash match that was designed to get Dominic DeSousa a push our of opener status. Starr ended up being the best candidate with nothing to do so he joined in. It ended up having the opposite effect. DeSousa didn't move too far and Starr shot from midcard to main event status even when he was going 2-10 in matches over a three month period. </p><p> </p><p>

Since Starr was leaving, I figured I'd let him give some of his pop to Valiant, my world champ. After losing to Valiant, I'd let Jimmy Hernandez (who is three months from being my established figurehead) steal a little bit of his pop too before sending him on his way. </p><p> </p><p>

Two days before Starr's title match, Richard Eisen personally extended his contract. I had a Supreme TV that night and decided to go the Summer of Punk route where Starr announced that he was leaving the company and taking the SWF belt with him after he beats Valiant for it at When Hell Freezes Over. Then I had him win the title and escape with it through the crowd.</p><p> </p><p>

From there, it will follow a similar arc as the Punk story in WWE but with a much slower burn and with him working as a legitimate heel. There will be a tournament for a new champion but this time, Starr will burst through the crowd during the finals, causing a double DQ and stealing the 2nd belt as well. Richard Eisen will make his first on screen appearance in my save after this and demand Starr come out and sign a new contract. Starr will stall (Eisen will call him Bret Stall or something), make demands and refuse to sign. This will eventually lead to Micky Starr coming out and telling his grandson to do the right thing and not tarnish the family's legacy that he built up by carrying the company.</p><p> </p><p>

Starr will finally sign and it'll be around the time for The World is Watching. Jimmy Hernandez will announce he wants to cash in his King of the Jungle contract to get a shot at Starr where Hernandez will win the title and his first title reign.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not a thread I post on frequently, but constantly read and enjoy. Just thought I'd share a bit about my CGC game....<p> </p><p> Having never really played CGC in the past, I took them on as new head booker Peter Michaels and have been having a ton of fun. I've just completed through June of my first year and Christian Price has been a heat magnet champ. He's played all the DeColts against one another ultimately winning the title from Jack in a cage when Alex botched his interference. This has gotten Alex relieved from his duties with Eric Tyler being brought in as the heel authority figure. Ultimate Showdown will feature Price defending against Jack and Ricky where I plan to turn Ricky heel after Jack costs him the match allowing Price to walk out as champ.</p><p> </p><p> Some of my big signings have been: Troy Tornado, Erik Strong, Flying Jimmy Foxx and John Greed.</p><p> My pet projects/prospects: Sean (Spencer) Spade, Primus (Allen), Gregory Keith (Gauge), Ant-Man & Davis Wayne Newton. Donte Dunn and Intrepid Ian Identity have started and stopped a bit too.</p><p> </p><p> The world has a whole has shaken up a ton as well with Nicky Champion signing with SOTBPW, Rocky Golden, Aaron Andrews and Wolf Hawkins signing with USPW, and a declining Rogue a free agent (I've been kicking the tires on him myself...but not sure I want to commit to the spending). Meanwhile SWF is reloading from the bottom up signing some good prospects to RIPW (including Garry the Entertainer and Killer Shark)</p><p> </p><p> Raymond Diaz is subject to a big bidding war in Japan who just experienced the tsunami. TCW and NOTBPW are currently at Cult.</p><p> </p><p> This has been one of the more fun saves I've played in a long time!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nice! CGC was the first cverse company I ever used back in TEW2005. I have yet to start a save with them yet in TEW2016 but it will probably be my next save after I finally burnt out of my current</p>

<p>I'm about to run my first Final Battle with ROH. Save was based on the most up to date data I could find in a Feb 2017 mod (which was pretty up to date since it was Feb 2017 when I started the game). I wasn't expecting the game to run for very long as I only really started it in order to put the World Title on Christopher Daniels since I feared (unfounded thankfully) ROH wouldn't do so in real life. </p><p> </p><p>

So quick recap of the past 10 months. Christopher Daniels defeated Adam Cole for the World Title at the Anniversary Show and has gone on to defend against everyone from friend to foe proving to be the ultimate fighting champion and defending his Championship successfully an impressive 14 times. </p><p> </p><p>

Marty Scurll also started very strongly defeating some stiff competition to retain his World Television Championship until Best in the World when he and Will Ospreay went to a 20 minute time limit draw. This led to a match the next month at Death Before Dishonor when Ospreay defeated Scurll 1-0 in a 30 minute Ironman match. He had a pretty brutal feud with Cabana for the belt after but successfully retained and is Champ heading into Final Battle. </p><p> </p><p>

The Young Bucks started off the save as Tag Champs and had a run of good matches before dropping the belts to the Hardy's at Global Wars. The Hardy's had an even stronger run before they lost the belts to the Leaders of the New School at All Star Extravaganza in September but won them back a month later at Glory By Honor.</p><p> </p><p>

Fabian Aichner (who I loved in his one match in the Cruiserweight Classic) won the Top Prospect Tournament and although he has not tasted gold yet he has had a successful debut year (although he is currently out injured).</p><p> </p><p>

Marty Scurll won Survival of the Fittest to earn a shot at Christopher Daniels' World Championship at Final Battle.</p><p> </p><p>

Other notes include Jay Lethal turning heel and reforming the House of Truth, a planned semi-main of Cole vs. Cody (as Bullet Club turn on Cole) at Final Battle that was scuppered on TV two days before Survival of the Fittest - Night One (the plan was for Cole to lose his World Title match that night due to Bullet Club turning on him after roughly two months of dissension seeds being sown) when Cole was injured in a match against Matt Sydal. The likes of Zack Sabre, Jr., Drew Galloway joining as well as the upcoming return of two familiar faces at Final Battle. My highest rated show so far was the latest episode of ROH TV (surpassing All Star Extravaganza) and the best rated match so far (by a country mile) was an 89 for the Leaders of the New School's only successful Tag Title defence against the Young Bucks on ROH TV.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway heading into Final Battle this is the current card:</p><p> </p><p>

Bobby Fish vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.</p><p>

Dalton Castle vs. Silas Young (the only match on the card I'm not fond of, since this has been done to death in ROH)</p><p>

Colt Cabana vs. Drew Galloway</p><p>

The Young Bucks vs. Lio Rush & Matt Sydal</p><p>

Motor City Machine Guns vs. RPG Vice</p><p>

Cody's Open Challenge: Cody vs. ???</p><p>

ROH World Television Championship: Will Ospreay © vs. Jay Lethal</p><p>

ROH World Tag Team Championship: The Hardy's © vs. The Briscoes</p><p>

ROH World Championship: Christopher Daniels © vs. Marty Scurll</p>

<p>I started up WCW as a small regional company in the south west USA with Shane McMahon as owner. He signed Jay Lethal, Kenny Omega, Cesaro, Rusev, The Revival, Roderick Strong, Marty Scurll, Mike Bennett and Ricochet to written contracts and pulled in Indy wrestlers to fill out the roster. </p><p> </p><p>

I started out the save with Nitro running once a week and a PPV every second month. Ric Flair was put in place as an authority figure and one of the first things he did was announce a Tournament to crown the first WCW Heavyweight Champion at the first PPV, Superbrawl, in February. Jay Lethal beat Cesaro in the finals when Rusev, who Cesaro beat in the semis, came out and got in Cesaro's face. </p><p> </p><p>

Flair also announced a battle royal for Superbrawl where the two finalists would meet for the US Title at the next Nitro. Cody Rhodes, who is anti WCW and anti tradition, eliminated Bobby Fish and then proceeded to beat Fish to win the US Title. </p><p> </p><p>

Fish only got put in that spot because he was supposed to compete in a three way with Kyle O'Reilly to face off against Wade Barrett and Drew Galloway and the Motor City Machine Guns for the tag titles. Red Dragon obviously couldn't compete so Galloway and Barrett defeated MCMG to win the tag titles. </p><p> </p><p>

Kenny Omega has been feuding with Nick Aldis because Aldis cheated and beat Omega in the first round of the Heavyweight Title Tournament. Aldis recruited the team of Pete Dunne and Marty Scurll to help in his attacks but Omega finally got his victory over Aldis at Superbrawl.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In January 2018, a story just fell into my lap...<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is really cool.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In January 2018, a story just fell into my lap.<p> </p><p> My user character has a poor relationship with Hollywood Bret Starr. I avoided pushing him because i knew his contract was coming up in the next few months and he would refuse to negotiate. I fined him very early in the save for missing a media appearance and he immediately had a bad relationship so I never really pushed him because I knew he'd eventually be gone.</p><p> </p><p> Going into the last few months of 2017, I needed a fourth member for a Christmas Clash match that was designed to get Dominic DeSousa a push our of opener status. Starr ended up being the best candidate with nothing to do so he joined in. It ended up having the opposite effect. DeSousa didn't move too far and Starr shot from midcard to main event status even when he was going 2-10 in matches over a three month period. </p><p> </p><p> Since Starr was leaving, I figured I'd let him give some of his pop to Valiant, my world champ. After losing to Valiant, I'd let Jimmy Hernandez (who is three months from being my established figurehead) steal a little bit of his pop too before sending him on his way. </p><p> </p><p> Two days before Starr's title match, Richard Eisen personally extended his contract. I had a Supreme TV that night and decided to go the Summer of Punk route where Starr announced that he was leaving the company and taking the SWF belt with him after he beats Valiant for it at When Hell Freezes Over. Then I had him win the title and escape with it through the crowd.</p><p> </p><p> From there, it will follow a similar arc as the Punk story in WWE but with a much slower burn and with him working as a legitimate heel. There will be a tournament for a new champion but this time, Starr will burst through the crowd during the finals, causing a double DQ and stealing the 2nd belt as well. Richard Eisen will make his first on screen appearance in my save after this and demand Starr come out and sign a new contract. Starr will stall (Eisen will call him Bret Stall or something), make demands and refuse to sign. This will eventually lead to Micky Starr coming out and telling his grandson to do the right thing and not tarnish the family's legacy that he built up by carrying the company.</p><p> </p><p> Starr will finally sign and it'll be around the time for The World is Watching. Jimmy Hernandez will announce he wants to cash in his King of the Jungle contract to get a shot at Starr where Hernandez will win the title and his first title reign.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am about to fire Hollywood Brett Starr in my SWF game. He has been suspended 3 straight months. He comes back for 1 show and then gets into another fight with someone. So far the idiot has tried to or has fought Remo, Rocky Golden and most recently KC Glenn. I really had high aspirations for the guy but he needs to go.</p><p> </p><p> I probably would have fired him by now but he is about 87 pop. I wanted to job him out for a month to pass some of that on before getting rid of him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am about to fire Hollywood Brett Starr in my SWF game. He has been suspended 3 straight months. He comes back for 1 show and then gets into another fight with someone. So far the idiot has tried to or has fought Remo, Rocky Golden and most recently KC Glenn. I really had high aspirations for the guy but he needs to go.<p> </p><p> I probably would have fired him by now but he is about 87 pop. I wanted to job him out for a month to pass some of that on before getting rid of him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did anyone kick his ass? I'm looking at you, Remo</p>

I am about to fire Hollywood Brett Starr in my SWF game. He has been suspended 3 straight months. He comes back for 1 show and then gets into another fight with someone. So far the idiot has tried to or has fought Remo, Rocky Golden and most recently KC Glenn. I really had high aspirations for the guy but he needs to go.

I probably would have fired him by now but he is about 87 pop. I wanted to job him out for a month to pass some of that on before getting rid of him.

He calmed down in my game. I would say in the first two months he had four incidents. I sent him to work in RIPW just so I didn't have to deal with him and then when he came back up he only had two incidents in the next year and they were pretty minor and he liked how I handled them (even though that doesn't change our relationship which is annoying)

I set Micky Starr to be back in the business but he's still refusing to join so I might have to nix the part of him actually making an appearance. Anything I can do other than make him younger to get him on the roster?

Just ran my first PPV with TCW in my current day C-Verse game, Malice in Wonderland. The main event was a 10 man tag team elimination bout pitting Rocky Golden and his team of Sammy Bach, Ricky Dale Johnson, Joshua Taylor and Dazzling Dave Diamond going up against TCW Champion Aaron Andrews and his team of Wolf Hawkins, Giant Tana, Bryan Vessey and American Buffalo.

During the show, Dharma Gregg (who I hired as my on-screen Commissioner) stated that anyone from either team who got the victory would receive a shot at the TCW World Championship on the very next edition of Total Wrestling, playing into the angle of Aaron Andrews doing whatever he can to get all the glory for himself so that he doesn't have to defend the title. Wolf Hawkins was the sole survivor, so he will be getting the title shot. I'm mulling over the option of having Rocky Golden getting involved and causing the match to end with Hawkins getting the win by DQ, but of course not winning the title. I could keep Wolf Hawkins' feud with Joshua Taylor going and maybe him getting involved. I'm leaning toward the next PPV being headlined by a Fatal 4-Way for the TCW World Title.

I also finished #2 out of 3 in my national battle against the SWF and USPW, so I'm also mulling over the option of maybe ending the Hawkins/Taylor feud for now and allowing both of them to be built up in separate feuds to try and build up my star power to try to win future national battles. Of course, I'm open to any suggestions from veteran C-Verse players on what you all would do. :D

EDIT: I just remembered that Eddie Peak has a star quality of 92, and Joshua Taylor has one of 76. So maybe I stick with the Fatal 4-Way plan while building up Eddie Peak.

<p>I'm playing as Paul Heyman..... Booking JCP in '87.</p><p> </p><p>

Im two months in and things have been going excellently. All the starting storylines ive done with and am now starting with my own. Im going to use the go to feud of Dusty v Flair for the Title, figure I can drag this out for a few months till my November Starrcade, allowing me to build up some other contenders, Simmons I'm liking the look of, maybe even Sting if the tag don't work out so well.</p><p> </p><p>

Made a couple of signings most notably the The Warrior and Sting (as already mentioned), who are teaming as the Blade Runners and Curt Hennig. </p><p>

I've had to change my plans for Curt as I was bringing him in to partner Rick Rude as the team Perfectly Ravishing, but not long after id signed Rude to a written contract he tested for drugs, Ive sent him to rehab and hes back in 3 months, so for now im just keeping Curt busy and when Rick comes back I will still team them (Meaning Manny gets dropped by Rick).</p><p>

However im now leaning towards a stable of Hennig, Rude, possibly me (Heyman), a Female (I'm thinking Medusa but I've got Kat LaRoux and shes been performing really well for me and shes in house already) and a big menacing guy (thinking sign Sid Vicious), it'd be a kinda early Dangerous alliance and would get Heyman out from behind commentary into the managers role. My biggest dilemma for that is who I then partner Jim Ross with, as I signed him PPA and the two have been working well so ideas welcomed as who I could look at as a colour man</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The_Monk" data-cite="The_Monk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm playing as Paul Heyman..... Booking JCP in '87.<p> </p><p> Im two months in and things have been going excellently. All the starting storylines ive done with and am now starting with my own. Im going to use the go to feud of Dusty v Flair for the Title, figure I can drag this out for a few months till my November Starrcade, allowing me to build up some other contenders, Simmons I'm liking the look of, maybe even Sting if the tag don't work out so well.</p><p> </p><p> Made a couple of signings most notably the The Warrior and Sting (as already mentioned), who are teaming as the Blade Runners and Curt Hennig. </p><p> I've had to change my plans for Curt as I was bringing him in to partner Rick Rude as the team Perfectly Ravishing, but not long after id signed Rude to a written contract he tested for drugs, Ive sent him to rehab and hes back in 3 months, so for now im just keeping Curt busy and when Rick comes back I will still team them (Meaning Manny gets dropped by Rick).</p><p> However im now leaning towards a stable of Hennig, Rude, possibly me (Heyman), a Female (I'm thinking Medusa but I've got Kat LaRoux and shes been performing really well for me and shes in house already) and a big menacing guy (thinking sign Sid Vicious), it'd be a kinda early Dangerous alliance and would get Heyman out from behind commentary into the managers role. My biggest dilemma for that is who I then partner Jim Ross with, as I signed him PPA and the two have been working well so ideas welcomed as who I could look at as a colour man</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> In my 1987 game, I kept Heyman on color commentary until Bobby Heenan's WWF contract came up, then signed him. I'm not somewhere where I can look at the data, but as wide as the talent market is in that mod, there's gotta be someone with competent color commentary skills available to be hired.</p><p> </p><p> Also, hope you have better luck with Rick Rude than I did. Sent him to rehab twice and he still kept showing up to shows In No Condition To Perform.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FankuKaibutsu" data-cite="FankuKaibutsu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my 1987 game, I kept Heyman on color commentary until Bobby Heenan's WWF contract came up, then signed him. I'm not somewhere where I can look at the data, but as wide as the talent market is in that mod, there's gotta be someone with competent color commentary skills available to be hired.<p> </p><p> Also, hope you have better luck with Rick Rude than I did. Sent him to rehab twice and he still kept showing up to shows In No Condition To Perform.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I may keep Heyman on Colour and use Jim Cornette as the manager, haven't fully decided.</p><p> </p><p> Im hoping the trust that me and rude now have is going to help. We became friends when I sent him to rehab.</p><p> </p><p> Im also toying with Magnum TA to do the colour but I prefer the heel element. Currently I have Mags doing a host spot on TV which is going great, its entitled "QA with TA" where he just interviews the guys and girls, mainly to help put them over</p>

Currently playing the WCW Lives mod, and I'm four months in. I'm ahead in the National Battles (though I'm still at Cult atm.), do to WWF losing Stone Cold to a 1-year injury, and The Rock who's filming a movie for 6 months.

I'm planning of starting a women's division, and I've signed 7 female wrestlers to development contracts, and also stolen Chyna from WWF. She's currently working as a manager for Rick Steiner, but when the women's division takes off, she will be an active competitor there.

During the last four months, some interesting names has made their debuts for me. Christopher Daniels, who is currently feuding with Rey Mysterio Jr. over the Cruiserweight Championship, and CM Punk and Colt Cabana (as Second City Saints), who will shortly be feuding with Tag Team Champions Natural Born Thrillers.

Other names in development includes: John Cena, Samoa Joe, Chris Parks, Ken Anderson, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Monty Brown, Super Crazy and Psichosis.

Started the fantastic 1987 mod. I want to play on this mod till I get to 2016. I just have nooooo idea how I'm gonna get that WWF belt off hulk. I guess I'll just have to do it in an angle when the time is right. When I have someone ready.

I'm about to do a heel turn for jake the snake who has the IC belt and he'll defend against Steamboat at summerslam, and I'll do the old hulk vs savage as my main event at summerslam. I kinda gotta. But these early years will be getting people into the positions that I'd like them to be, so then I can try to be a bit more *different to wwf*

It's funny though, no matter how hard I try to be different sometimes I still end up with the exact same wrestlemania main events. It just seems to end up playing out that way and I don't actually intend it to. But I don't plan too far ahead, only 3 months or so at a time.

Using the 1987 Mod as WWF in 1990.

Taker won the title from Flair at WM. Currently holding the title untill he loses it at Summerslam to Dibiase.

Now as much as Taker is hold the title very well. I feel he belongs in the New Gen Era and as such won't be getting any more title success at the top level until the New Gen is underway.

Plans for the Deadman for the next 2 years or so will be a new twist on Monster of the Month. Dibiase screwing Taker for the title will lead to Taker chasing Dibiase for the next 2 years. Dibiase will have his Money Inc as a buffer for all that time. It won't be Bundy and Giant Gonzarles v Taker all the time. But there will be Yokozuna v Taker, Dibiase will have a phase of having skilled Japanese stars coming over to face him. Storyline purposes Dibiase tells the Japanese guys that Taker is the living dead, an evil spirit that only they can help stop with their immense wrestling skills. Hopeing for guys like Muta, Hashimoto, Chosu, Takada, Kawada v Taker aswell as guys like Yokozuna , Pap Shango (maybe) etc. Keep Taker Busy whilst building and Building to the eventual Taker v Dibiase match at the 1992 Rumble, retiring Dibiase in the process. The Japanese guys will be used like this as I'll probably only be able to loan them with a working agreement with AJPW and NJPW, working with Taker will give them aa boost in US pop so I am able to sign any of them in the future they will start start with increased US pop.

I'm starting to buildup the guys I want in the New Gen Main event now. Give them 2 years or so to natually get over and show storyline and logical progression in gradually getting closer and closer to the topspot. 1992 rumble being the culmination of the end of the Hulk Era and the start of the New Gen. Such as Bret going over Hogan for the title, Bulldog over Flair, Hennig over Piper, Rude over Savage. You get the idea. Foley over Steamboat. Sting over Warrior. A place in time where it can be looked back upon and seen that this was the spot where the direction changed.

It will see some main eventers like Hogan being let go fully, Dibiase leaving either on a holiday and return as a manager, Piper to be let go , Flair to go on holiday etc. To not get in the way of the new image being presented. Hogan and Piper can be brought back for special Mania programs a couple of years down the line maybe. This should also help WCW capture some needed star power and force me to develop a new range of stars and storylines.

New Gen will see teams like Hollywood Blondes, Rockers, New Hart Foundation be the top of the tag division.

<p><span>http://imgur.com/a/OL2y3</span></p><p> </p><p>

Just held Wrestlemania 38 and it was a great show. Adam Cole and Kenny Omega had bad chemistry which is a shame because it's been a year long build to get to here and Marty Scurll vs Lio Rush was an opener vs opener match and I forgot to change Marty to a Lower Midcarder so the match flopped.</p>

OK, I'm usually pretty apolitical, and I try to keep real-world issues out of TEW (and whatever other games I play). However, this storyline I've stumbled into is way too good not to share.

So it's February of 2018 and I've sort of run out of things for Frankie Perez to do. He was one of my first signings in my CVerse fed (long story short: Buddy Garner comes out of his hiatus and starts a workrate-crazy promotion), more than two years ago in game time, and he's been an asset. However, while he may be an excellent worker and a good talker, he's never going to be the face of my company or anything like that.

As such, I put him in a program with Marat Khoklov. Marat is bulletproof, and will always be one of the easiest guys for any cult promotion or higher to book (simply have him squash guys on the weekly show, and build up an underdog face every year or so that will eventually topple him). I don't envision this being a super long-term feud or anything, just a two-month thing to get Marat ready for a long-term run at the tag titles with new buddy Eddie Peak. HOWEVER, this is where it gets good.

So I've just signed Nemesis to be the heel authority figure. He won't show up every week, but he's around for segments or road agent work if I need him. Think of his role as my take on late-1980's or early-1990's Jack Tunney in WWF; when he shows up, you know important stuff's going down. In this angle, Nemesis has sided with Khoklov, and nobody is quite sure why, least of all Frankie Perez, who's getting his clock cleaned every week in various scenarios by Nemesis, Khoklov, or other random wrestlers. Well, it's going to turn out that Nemesis was installed as the authority figure through a massive bribe to Smark Friendly Wrestling by Khoklov, and Khoklov and Peak will wind up serving as his foot soldiers until I find a suitable tag team to knock them off and send Nemesis packing.

In other words, my authority figure situation may very well be a direct ripoff of what's happening in certain real-life political venues. :D :D :D

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="merrykieran2" data-cite="merrykieran2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span>http://imgur.com/a/OL2y3</span><p> </p><p> Just held Wrestlemania 38 and it was a great show. Adam Cole and Kenny Omega had bad chemistry which is a shame because it's been a year long build to get to here and Marty Scurll vs Lio Rush was an opener vs opener match and I forgot to change Marty to a Lower Midcarder so the match flopped.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Interesting move having the women main event a WrestleMania. Seems like it actually deserved it. Quick question though, how'd you manage to get such a good women's match? Have you just managed to get them be so good in the ring or did you use the "eye candy" focus?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="merrykieran2" data-cite="merrykieran2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Just held Wrestlemania 38 and it was a great show. Adam Cole and Kenny Omega had bad chemistry which is a shame because it's been a year long build to get to here and Marty Scurll vs Lio Rush was an opener vs opener match and I forgot to change Marty to a Lower Midcarder so the match flopped.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have a question too. How did you build for a year and not figure out they had bad chemistry?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MinimiMax" data-cite="MinimiMax" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Interesting move having the women main event a WrestleMania. Seems like it actually deserved it. Quick question though, how'd you manage to get such a good women's match? Have you just managed to get them be so good in the ring or did you use the "eye candy" focus?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A lot of mine were good in ring to begin with they just lacked overness so over time I've built up their overness well and a lot of that can be down to Nia Jax who had a very high menace rating so I used that a lot in angles which got her over and helped get a lot of others over. I've also included them in mixed tag team matches with men and that has helped their pop a little. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a question too. How did you build for a year and not figure out they had bad chemistry?</div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41174" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wondered that too... If you plan that far ahead, at least test them at House Shows to see if they have chemistry. Or that's just how I do it...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Usually I do test them at house shows and I thought that I had done this with Omega and Cole but it seems I must have forgotten. Also I built the feud for a year without them actually meeting one on one in the ring so I didn't see that they had no chemistry.</p>