Official "Booking Committee" Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How would you guys book a Royal Rumble match?<p> Would it be smart to use "slow build" or "story telling", or some other road agent note?</p><p> I know I should definately not use "all-out"...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Both Slow Build and Story Telling would be realistically...realistical,IMO,but I often don't use Slow Build because there are somme jobbers thrown in the mix.Overall,Royal Rumble matches are often more focused on the story being told than the ring action,like the Story Telling notes says.</p><p> </p><p> So,I'd go for Open Match with Story Telling and book whoever I want to be winner and runner-up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How would you guys book a Royal Rumble match?<p> Would it be smart to use "slow build" or "story telling", or some other road agent note?</p><p> I know I should definately not use "all-out"...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 2 Main Eventer finalists, a Menace guy with Most Eliminations, and Story Telling.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to sign guys for a one of Royal Rumble type appearance? Or to get a retired wrestler to appear in the match?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can use the in game editor, to un retire wrestlers and you can offer q pay per appearance contract for 1 month, I think there is even a clause that says something like "x amount of appearances or x number of months, whichever comes first".</p>

So my plans are The Undertaker will retain his WWE Champ at Royal Rumble against AJ Styles and enter in a feud with John Cena. Cena will win a nr1 contender match at Smackdown live. So in my final ppv before Wrestlemania Undertaker and John Cena will face Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton in the Main Event. Cena and Taker will win and at Wreslemania 33 will colide with Cena become 16 time WHC. Now after the WM he will enter in a feud with Randy Orton who will have 2 Mounths in time for MitB at this point Bray Wyatt will win SD MitB and will cash in in same night on Cena. Setup for a match at SummerSlam John Cena vs Bray Wyatt. Now During the match Undertaker will come and cost Cena the title and will have a match a second match at WWE Backlash wth a stipulation Loser Leave Town and Cena will win and turn heel in proces.Undertaker will got his vengeance at Wrestlemania wen will win at his final match in WWE. What do you think about this ?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dexi21" data-cite="dexi21" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So my plans are The Undertaker will retain his WWE Champ at Royal Rumble against AJ Styles and enter in a feud with John Cena. Cena will win a nr1 contender match at Smackdown live. So in my final ppv before Wrestlemania Undertaker and John Cena will face Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton in the Main Event. Cena and Taker will win and at Wreslemania 33 will colide with Cena become 16 time WHC. Now after the WM he will enter in a feud with Randy Orton who will have 2 Mounths in time for MitB at this point Bray Wyatt will win SD MitB and will cash in in same night on Cena. Setup for a match at SummerSlam John Cena vs Bray Wyatt. Now During the match Undertaker will come and cost Cena the title and will have a match a second match at WWE Backlash wth a stipulation Loser Leave Town and Cena will win and turn heel in proces.Undertaker will got his vengeance at Wrestlemania wen will win at his final match in WWE. What do you think about this ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> if taker loses the match and has to leave town how does he get back to wrestlemania and re-instated?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="havok" data-cite="havok" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>if taker loses the match and has to leave town how does he get back to wrestlemania and re-instated?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well what i think is maybe Shawn Michael or Shane McMahon introduct into the Hall of Fame during a Smackdown show. And from there he can challege John Cena at one final match. The plan is to build Cena turn heel and Undertaker (kayfabe) Leaving the WWE is the best build.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dexi21" data-cite="dexi21" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well what i think is maybe Shawn Michael or Shane McMahon introduct into the Hall of Fame during a Smackdown show. And from there he can challege John Cena at one final match. The plan is to build Cena turn heel and Undertaker (kayfabe) Leaving the WWE is the best build.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I feel like Cena getting mad over losing a title is kinda beneath him. If in your game this is his 16th time, he's already the most dominant champion of all time.</p><p> </p><p> My fantasy booking if you want a Cena heel turn, and you are playing a universe where Brock didn't break the streak is to basically Harry Potter it:</p><p> </p><p> Set up a feud where Cena decides that the only way to prove that he is the best WWE wrestler is to beat the streak, and prove that he's the true company man, not the Undertaker.</p><p> So, he and Undertaker still have the Wrestlemania match. Cena beats Taker. Fans are pissed that he broke the streak. 22-1. Instantly, enough heat to turn Cena heel...</p><p> Except, just before the match, Undertaker gave up his powers to Bray Wyatt, who wins his match at Wrestlemania. Over the next few months, it slowly starts to manifest and people realize what's happening. </p><p> </p><p> Cut ahead to the Royal Rumble. At which point, you bring out... Mark Calloway, who wins, with Wyatt's help, and officially passes the torch by giving him his Wrestlemania spot. Wrestlemania, Wyatt comes out to Taker's music, beats Cena clean, and up flashes....24-0</p><p> </p><p> Sorry, that was kinda off topic, but I couldn't resist.</p>

<p>CZCW in 2019 at Cult.</p><p> </p><p>

Coming to end of my TCW invades storyline in a couple of months. It'll end at Welcome to the Coastal Zone. Where most of the TCW guys will be gone from the company. </p><p> </p><p>

Thi will bring about a chance at new influx of guys, new storylines to be hand and focus put on other people. Some guys had become available from UPW etc so they were snapped up an sent on holiday for 3 month.</p><p> </p><p>

Whilst I have a rough idea of where I want to o with them some extra ideas wouldn't hurt..</p><p> </p><p>

The New guys are: </p><p> </p><p>

Kirk Jameson</p><p>

Cameron Vessey - These 3 to be new stable coming in.</p><p>

Nelson Calum</p><p> </p><p>

Hells Bouncer - Thinking of Pairing him up with Dusty Ducont as a tag team an the bodyguards of my user when TCW gets run out of town and he he doesn't have to be nice to anyone anymore. There was an alternative plan where there would be a new gothic/evil sinister faction with Hell's Bouncer, Warmonger, Scythe and Simon Flemmingway's alt Zero. </p><p> </p><p>

Dusty Ducont: Either bodyguarding with Hell's Bouncer or the sole bodyguard of my User.</p><p> </p><p>

Mainstream Hernandez- Love this guy and paid well over the odds for him, he will be heading straight into the extreme title picture.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

.......</p><p> </p><p>

Despite a lot of the TCW guys leaving after the current story has ended, guys like. Ed Stone, Bear Bekowski, Titan, Danny Fonzerelli, Joel Bryant, Nate Johnson, Flying Jimmy Fox. And other old guys i signed to back to them up like Brent Hill, Duane Stone, Eddie Chandler.</p><p> </p><p>

There are a few TCW guy's i'd like to keep so suggestions of how to keep the following would be helpful</p><p> </p><p>

Tommy Cornell: He turned on the CZCW guys after initially acting like he disagreed with the TCW invasion only to turn on Cali Love Machine and win the title. Despite being the leader, i'd like for him to return somehow.. lie perhaps my user who will defeat Tommy for the title and to drive away TCW will return to his old ways and piss off the CZCW guys and ends up bringing back Tommy to Join his faction.</p><p> </p><p>

Jay Chord: He was the initial leader of the invasion and a former 2x CZCW World Champion. Thinking of having him be a lone wolf and return looking for a contract, the CZCW guys won't help him and my user messes him about degrading him and stringing him along for months until he finally gets his contract... then he gets revenge on my user.</p><p> </p><p>

The New Wave: They are the current Tag champions and will put over Malloy Spillane. However The New Wave are putting on 90 rated matches with Zoned out/ Malloy/Spillane and carried Marv Salter/ Dean Waldorf and Idol/ Jordan to 90 rated matches. They are great or my division. Scout has also been a 1x CZCW World Champion. Thinking they go for their rematch, win back the titles and get in the company that way... they will claim there rematch 3 or 4 months down the line.. Scout hasn't touched time decline yet.</p>

<p>For those of you that have checked out my Kansas Championship Wrestling dynasty, or even if you haven't, I'm going with a more pure style fed, with the card consisting of 80-90% matches, no storylines, very few angles. </p><p> </p><p>

My question is, what would you guys suggest for angles? I wanted to do some kind of a highlight package with quick highlights of the previous weeks show, but I didn't see anything like that in angle lists. I thought about creating it in the angle writer, but not sure how that would work. Aside from that, and the pre match interviews, an occasional pre match special entrance, post match handshake, little stuff like that, what other special angles could I include to fill time? Most of the angles are based around storylines it seems, so I am looking for any ideas. Thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For those of you that have checked out my Kansas Championship Wrestling dynasty, or even if you haven't, I'm going with a more pure style fed, with the card consisting of 80-90% matches, no storylines, very few angles. <p> </p><p> My question is, what would you guys suggest for angles? I wanted to do some kind of a highlight package with quick highlights of the previous weeks show, but I didn't see anything like that in angle lists. I thought about creating it in the angle writer, but not sure how that would work. Aside from that, and the pre match interviews, an occasional pre match special entrance, post match handshake, little stuff like that, what other special angles could I include to fill time? Most of the angles are based around storylines it seems, so I am looking for any ideas. Thanks.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For video packages, you could just create a few with different numbers or workers or use the freestyle angle every time and name it "Video Recap featuring ___". Rate them on overness.</p><p> </p><p> Honestly, I use the freestyle angle option pretty much exclusively and it's probably what you would use. It seems like a lot of your angles are going to be based on overness since they won't be too storyline driven so you can just put the workers you want in, choose overness and then title it whatever (Handshake between X and X after match, Big entrance for match between X and X) instead of creating an angle for each one.</p>

<p>So, I'm playing as TCW. Rocky Golden is currently my figurehead. I recently gave him a manager named Gary the Entertainer, who is a rookie wrestler with 75+ Mic/Cha/Star, but terrible on both second and top row skills. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm planning a storyline where Rocky and Bryan Vessey clash, and Gary is the 'damsel in distress', before he gets injured (at which point I send him to developmental for 18 months) and Rocky retaliates and crushes Vessey (trying to slowly get him and RDJ to midcarder as gatekeepers).</p><p> </p><p>

The question is - I'm thinking of making there be a romance between Rocky and Gary. Do you think TCW fans would accept a gay face? Or should I just hint at it now, and make that the basis for a Rocky vs. Gary feud when he returns?</p>

I really want to sign Emerald Angel and Magnum Kobe from WLW but there is literally no chance of getting them away from them. WLW don't look to be going under either. It's a shame that the loyalty system can't be gotten around no matter how much you pay. I can see guys staying loyal if another company offer a couple k more... but if a company was offering double the money it should sway people?

I guess it will give me a reason to play WLW at some point I guess.

Looking to sign KC Glenn at some point, he's developed into the best worker in the game skill wise just behind Tommy Cornell however he's got loyalty to BHOTWG.

Real Japan Pro Wrestling - December 2018

I'm a belt fanatic, I have 10 belts in my promotion and a march tourney across two brands and I've been loving every second of it. However, even at doing 5 belts for each show plus storylines, I find that I need to up the stakes a little more in order to keep things constantly evolving and constantly interesting.

So, I want a belt similar to the NEVER Openweight because I have a lot of great brawlers and technicians who are just not getting the matches they deserve and with both of my TV shows being bumped to 3 hours a piece, there is plenty of space for my action. But I have two problems at the moment.

1. I have no idea where to start for the name of a brawler belt. I'm tired of doing TMWP "insert belt name" (Tiger Mask Wrestling Promotions. I'm Tiger Mask btw) and want some advice on naming belts so that they can have cool names like the DG belts.

2. Cesaro/Claudio is on the time decline early sadly but I want to put this belt on him simply because during his time in the promotion he hasn't done much rather than be a constant good wrestler. Should I put the belt on him just as a thank you or should I try and push some of the younger guys like Eita or O'Rielly?

<p>My plans for Sami Zayn what do you think ? </p><p>

Sami Zayn Plans </p><p> </p><p>

USA Title win at Royal Rumble </p><p>

vs at Fastlane </p><p>

vs at Wrestlemania </p><p>

lost the title at next RAW after WM to a Smackdown star</p><p>

Draft to Smackdown</p><p>

1 Feud win and win the feud into MitB</p><p>

Win SD MitB</p><p>

Cash in at TLC</p><p>

Lose at WM the first WHC </p><p>

Team with Dolph Ziggler or other superstar </p><p>

Tag Team win at SummerSlam</p><p>

Lose at Extreme Rules</p><p>

Samy to glory build at SummerSlam ws WHC at that point</p>

So, I'm playing as TCW. Rocky Golden is currently my figurehead. I recently gave him a manager named Gary the Entertainer, who is a rookie wrestler with 75+ Mic/Cha/Star, but terrible on both second and top row skills.

I'm planning a storyline where Rocky and Bryan Vessey clash, and Gary is the 'damsel in distress', before he gets injured (at which point I send him to developmental for 18 months) and Rocky retaliates and crushes Vessey (trying to slowly get him and RDJ to midcarder as gatekeepers).

The question is - I'm thinking of making there be a romance between Rocky and Gary. Do you think TCW fans would accept a gay face? Or should I just hint at it now, and make that the basis for a Rocky vs. Gary feud when he returns?

Yes, TCW eats up "controversial" characters -- Sammy Bach's Deadpool character came in as a gothic heel, but the fans turned him face. They're the "alternative" to SWF and to USPW in this save.

I doubt the storyline will be divisive in L.A. I would try to be a bit subtle, if only because TCW doesn't shove anything in users faces.

Is there any way you can start a diary with this save? I'd love to read it. Even if it is "text-only".

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dexi21" data-cite="dexi21" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well what i think is maybe Shawn Michael or Shane McMahon introduct into the Hall of Fame during a Smackdown show. And from there he can challege John Cena at one final match. The plan is to build Cena turn heel and Undertaker (kayfabe) Leaving the WWE is the best build.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> but if he lost the match and can't wrestle how do you get him re-instated to wrestle? even if its only 1 match,you would need a reason that he is re-instated.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Poputt" data-cite="Poputt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Don't have Zayn cash in. All of his wins should be 100% legit and clean.<p> </p><p> And don't have him tag, give him a manager instead. Have him come out to make some saves on TV, too. Other than that your plans are pretty solid.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you do want to have him hold the briefcase, you could have him announce ahead of time that's he's going to cash in - I think Cena did that once? That would make Sami stand out in terms of cashing in the brief case - he's honorable enough that he'll give his opponent time to prepare. Him winning anyway, even with giving his opponent warning, strikes me as really putting him over as an upstanding, do-gooder face champion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KnowYourEnemy" data-cite="KnowYourEnemy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, TCW eats up "controversial" characters -- Sammy Bach's Deadpool character came in as a gothic heel, but the fans turned him face. They're the "alternative" to SWF and to USPW in this save. <p> </p><p> I doubt the storyline will be divisive in L.A. I would try to be a bit subtle, if only because TCW doesn't shove anything in users faces.</p><p> </p><p> Is there any way you can start a diary with this save? I'd love to read it. Even if it is "text-only".</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nice, I'll go with that then.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the encouragement. I might be able do a diary - though I'm about six months in, so it would be picking up in the middle of a bunch of storylines. I'll give it a test with a few shows and see how long it takes me to write up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rainmaker" data-cite="Rainmaker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Real Japan Pro Wrestling - December 2018</strong><p> </p><p> I'm a belt fanatic, I have 10 belts in my promotion and a march tourney across two brands and I've been loving every second of it. However, even at doing 5 belts for each show plus storylines, I find that I need to up the stakes a little more in order to keep things constantly evolving and constantly interesting. </p><p> </p><p> So, I want a belt similar to the NEVER Openweight because I have a lot of great brawlers and technicians who are just not getting the matches they deserve and with both of my TV shows being bumped to 3 hours a piece, there is plenty of space for my action. But I have two problems at the moment. </p><p> </p><p> 1. I have no idea where to start for the name of a brawler belt. I'm tired of doing TMWP "insert belt name" (Tiger Mask Wrestling Promotions. I'm Tiger Mask btw) and want some advice on naming belts so that they can have cool names like the DG belts.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Cesaro/Claudio is on the time decline early sadly but I want to put this belt on him simply because during his time in the promotion he hasn't done much rather than be a constant good wrestler. Should I put the belt on him just as a thank you or should I try and push some of the younger guys like Eita or O'Rielly?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1. If you want to name your belts along a theme like DG, why not 'The ____ of the Tiger' ? You could have Eye of the Tiger, Soul of the Tiger, Rage of the Tiger, etc. Lots of possibilities with that one. I like the Rage one for a brawler belt. </p><p> </p><p> 2. Don't know who your champ is at the moment but giving Cesaro the belt might be a good way to transition it to one of your younger guys.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kingjames" data-cite="kingjames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you do want to have him hold the briefcase, you could have him announce ahead of time that's he's going to cash in - I think Cena did that once? That would make Sami stand out in terms of cashing in the brief case - he's honorable enough that he'll give his opponent time to prepare. Him winning anyway, even with giving his opponent warning, strikes me as really putting him over as an upstanding, do-gooder face champion.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Maybe i will do that i really dont think how to book his first MitB. Now in Jaunary 2017 in my game he win US Champ at Royal Rumble and plan him to drop the belt after a solid win at WM maybe at RAW or Smackdown. My build is to make Samy the ultimate underdog into MitB at eventualy win. After that is the hard part to how i will book him as MitB holder and when will cash. I like the ideea to challenge the tilte holder to a match like Cena did with CM Punk at RAW 1000 Episode.</p>

<p>Playing a RWC game, up to July 2017, and the NWA just folded after the last member left the alliance so I invested in bringing all the NWA titles to the WWE.</p><p> </p><p>

Previously I held an event in Japan and brought back the AJPW Triple Crown (Shinsuke Nakamura, RAW), the W-1 Heavyweight (AJ Styles, SD), the GHC Heavyweight (Alberto Del Rio, SD) and GHC Junior Heavyweight (Rey Mysterio, SD) titles after I bought out a number of companies. This went over great since the PPV was in Japan, I was able to sign all the previous champions and have them "defend" the titles in mostly great matches (Styles vs Mutoh, dream match!). Down the road I'm going to unify all the Japanese heavyweight titles into a new super crown, and the GHC Jr. title with the WWE Cruiserweight.</p><p> </p><p>

My dilemma now is that I want to relaunch the NWA World Heavywight and NWA World Tag Team titles. There's such a rich history, I don't think it should be dead and buried. I can't go down the Japan event path because, unlike the previous titles brought back, the last champions were over in Japan. I don't have that luxury here.</p><p> </p><p>

I have Jax Dane, the last World champion before it was vacated, but his pop is around 35. The last tag champs are a Japanese team with no overness in the USA whatsoever, but I do have the previous champs in David Hart Smith & Vance Archer, both around 65 pop.</p><p> </p><p>

Basically, I'm looking for ideas on how to bring the two NWA titles back. Any suggestions?</p><p> </p><p>

Here's what I'm mulling for now:</p><p>

1. Bring back Jim Cornette, have him approach Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon on Smackdown (aka land of opportunity) for a opportunity to keep the history of NWA alive. </p><p>

2. October is the Ricky Steamboat Memorial Tournament (he passed away Oct 2016 in my game) so I was going to hold tournament regardless, but I might put the NWA World title as the top prize (most likely to be won by AJ Styles). Jax Dane could enter to give it legitimacy?</p><p> </p><p>

As for the tag titles, I have zero idea. I don't want to just give them to Smith and Archer without some proper build up, considering they're undefeated and chasing the Smackdown tag titles against American Alpha, The Hardyz © and The Young Bucks.</p><p> </p><p>

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!</p>

Here's what I'm mulling for now:

1. Bring back Jim Cornette, have him approach Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon on Smackdown (aka land of opportunity) for a opportunity to keep the history of NWA alive.

2. October is the Ricky Steamboat Memorial Tournament (he passed away Oct 2016 in my game) so I was going to hold tournament regardless, but I might put the NWA World title as the top prize (most likely to be won by AJ Styles). Jax Dane could enter to give it legitimacy?

As for the tag titles, I have zero idea. I don't want to just give them to Smith and Archer without some proper build up, considering they're undefeated and chasing the Smackdown tag titles against American Alpha, The Hardyz © and The Young Bucks.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

AJ winning the NWA World title makes no sense if you're trying to do a "tradition of the NWA" thing, that title should go to someone with good fundamentals who can put on a long, old school-looking performance, like Rusev, Luke Harper, Sheamus, or Karl Anderson. It's an easy title to build because you just book it in long grueling matches over and over where the champ keeps winning clean or the challenger gets cheated or draws. I'd give the tag titles to either Smith and Archer or a new team with two similarly over members. If they win the titles then you can just take them out of the SD race. In reality, this would put the "new" title over as being legitimate, especially if they hold it for at least a few months and keep their streak going. Too bad The Revival sucks in RWC or else I'd definitely put them in the race for those. And the best way to keep the legacy of the NWA belts alive is to make heels win all of their titles and have long reigns with them, with the titles on the line in every match.