Official "Booking Committee" Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShawnCageX5" data-cite="ShawnCageX5" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dixie Carter</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> sounds like a blessing in disguise</p>

<p>Playing a long-term WWE game, I've started the brand split a little earlier than in real-life and it's worked out pretty well getting up to the SummerSlam season.</p><p> </p><p>

On RAW I've made Paul Heyman the GM and brought back the World Heavyweight Title. The two people who would fight for it won this right by winning Fatal Four Way qualifying matches; Reigns won the title against Owens in a Tables match and is currently going under purgatory until I can find a suitable opponent for him. (Leaning towards a heel Ryback)</p><p> </p><p>

Speaking of Owens, He's feuding with Sami Zayn who wants his revenge on Owens for everything that happened on NXT. I plan to keep this feud going on until SummerSlam at the most when Zayn will finally get his big win over him and go on to become the intercontinental champion.</p><p> </p><p>

Samoa Joe debuted squashing Bo Dallas on the night after WrestleMania and Rusev got a little jealous over him; so he attacked. They settled it in a match at Extreme Rules where Samoa Joe humiliated the Bulgarian Brute by making him tap out. (needless to say, he was not happy with me) They will face off again at Battleground where Samoa Joe will more than likely win at move on to feud with someone else.</p><p> </p><p>

The only interbrand feud we have is The New Day and the new team of Y2-Neville; Jericho made his big return at WrestleMania 32 alongside Michaels and Angle (!) and quickly took a liking to Neville. He saved him from an attacking Del Rio and they hit it off ever since. They won the right to be no. 1 contenders during a fatal four way tag match at the Extreme Rules pre-show; they beat New Day but only by DQ. (Xavier hit Neville with the trombone most likely) They will most likely feud until SummerSlam at the latest where Y2-Neville will win the titles.</p><p> </p><p>

The Women's feud has...kind of gone the same way as it did in real life, only difference being the ending. Asuka has now gotten involved and is being geared for a monster push early on.</p><p> </p><p>

The Miz won the intercontinental title away from Stardust at WrestleMania when Maryse returned to the company to distract him. (Too bad their divorced now) Stardust turned face and was slightly revamped to be 'A Star Named Cody' to get him away from the stigma of being a 'Dust'. In their rematch at Extreme Rules, Elijah Burke also returned to the company and helped Miz retain. The blowoff is expected to be at Battleground where Miz will 'kill' the character of Stardust for good. (In reality, A Star Named Cody will simply revert back to Cody Rhodes and return at the 2017 Royal Rumble)</p><p> </p><p>

Braun Strowman has for the most part remained the same as he is in real-life, being virtually unstoppable; except for one match when he was pinned cleanly by Kevin Nash. (Booking error on my part. And no, count-outs don't count) He went insane after the match and now looks prime to take out his frusterations on everyone he sees until he gets a rematch with him to 'write the wrong'. Needless to say, he'll probably murder Nash at SummerSlam.</p><p> </p><p>

The RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match looks like this- Rusev, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Neville, Samoa Joe, Alberto Del Rio. Rusev will probably be the guy that wins Money in the Bank there.</p><p> </p><p>

Over on SmackDown, Sting has been named GM. There is also now a SmackDown Women's Championship to be named. (She will almost certainly be Nikki Bella)</p><p> </p><p>

The top story over there, as it has been for the last two months is the story of Bryan and Ziggler. Bryan made a triumphant return to WWE on Fastlane and seemed ready to enter back in the title picture. Mysteriously, he was injured by someone. The next week, Bryan returned and surprisingly attacked Reigns after his match with Ziggler; (who became no. 1 contender for Triple H's title) it turned out, Bryan had accused Reigns of attacking him. Falsely accused, Reigns went on the defensive and denied such thing. Triple H would make a deal with Bryan that if he beat Braun Strowman. He did, was attacked by Triple H and was saved by Roman; proving his innocent.</p><p> </p><p>

Ziggler entered the feud when he saved Bryan from Triple H when he interfered in the middle of their match. At WrestleMania 32, during an absolute clinic by all three wrestlers; Bryan won back the title making him a four time world champion. Ziggler offered an embrace to Bryan, which he accepted. Then Ziggler superkicked Bryan to oblivion, revealing that he was the man that attacked Bryan; his reason? Jealously. He worked just as (if not harder than) Bryan did, but he never got his shot at the mountain-top. As the years went by, Ziggler got more desperate; so he knew he had to take action. Needless to say, this feud is not going away anytime soon.</p><p> </p><p>

Dean Ambrose faced The Undertaker at WrestleMania, (In what The Undertaker claims might be his 'most important' match ever) and had a very tense feud with him. Some time around it, Wyatt got involved; declaring that since Taker had beaten him, he had been cursed with bad luck and that by beating him; he would be rid of 'the curse'. The two realized that Wyatt was kind of insane, so they reluctantly worked together to take care of him...this partnership did not last long.</p><p> </p><p>

But you probably want to know what happened at WrestleMania. Dean Ambrose went into the match with The Undertaker and became only the second man to beat The Undertaker at the Grandest Stage of All. Not only that, he won the respect of The Deadman and shook his hand.</p><p> </p><p>

Since then, he has been embroiled in a bloody feud with Wyatt where Wyatt has decided to try and corrupt Ambrose to be in The Wyatt Family. This will lead up to a hardcore match at SummerSlam where if Ambrose loses, he joins the Wyatt Family.</p><p> </p><p>

Angle made his comeback to WWE at WrestleMania and has found a potential superstar in Cesaro. He challenged him to a match at Payback to see who the better man is; he accepted. This feud will not necessary be a feud between face and heel, as it is more of a feud between two well established veterans fighting to decide who the better man is. (Angle wins Payback, a rematch will happen at an undetermined SmackDown where it ends in no contest and the final match will take place at SummerSlam where Cesaro wins in an ironman match)</p><p> </p><p>

Finn Balor stunned the world when he won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (which for the first time held a title) and the United States champion. Also by his side were his old friends from The Club, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. Styles and Balor reunited to face The Usos and things seemed to go normal until Anderson and Gallows appeared to steal the win away from The Usos. They then proceeded to beat on them. The Usos warned Styles not to trust him, but Styles has persisted. Eventually, the truth will be revealed at SummerSlam where he ends up facing against John Cena of all people and wins; only to be attacked by Finn Balor.</p><p> </p><p>

At Survivor Series; Styles will face the Club in a five on five Survivor Series match, his team will consist of him, Cena, Orton and The Usos while The Club contains Balor, Gallows, Anderson, Hero (Kassius Ohno) and Bad News Barrett.</p><p> </p><p>

This will all lead up to match at WrestleMania 33 where Styles and Balor face off at WrestleMania in a title versus career match. (By this point, Balor will have become WWE champion)</p><p> </p><p>

SmackDown's Money in the Bank consists of- Ambrose, Wyatt, Barrett, Cesaro, Harper and Styles. (I'm conflicted on having either Ambrose or Styles win. Any suggestions?)</p><p> </p><p>

Other occurrences-</p><p>

NXT's had a bit of a growth spurt, with new talent such as Adam Cole, Cody Hall, Sonjay Dutt, Scarlett Bordeaux, Tessa Blanchard and others filling in the holes. Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, Kaitlyn and Tajiri have also returned to help train.</p><p> </p><p>

Bobby Roode has yet to debut; when he does, he will enter the United States title scene. James Storm will also debut and will likely be the next challenger for Finn Balor.</p><p> </p><p>

The Undertaker might have one last Mania left in him at WrestleMania 33, the following nominees to be his final opponent are Strowman, Wyatt, Cena, Kane or Zayn.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CelticCandian" data-cite="CelticCandian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just need some suggestions for a new name for Christian York (WWE 2004)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How about Delton York?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShawnCageX5" data-cite="ShawnCageX5" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dixie Carter and several jobbers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thats great! Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How about Delton York?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That sounds great! Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShawnCageX5" data-cite="ShawnCageX5" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dixie Carter and several jobbers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Russo is probably celebrating right now</p><p> </p><p> I am celebrating right now and it is not even my save file!</p>

<p>Should I just fire The Outsiders from '98 WCW? I've brought in the Dudleyz as replacements and I honestly prefer them to The Outsiders IRL but I'm not sure if canning The Outsiders is logical or not at this point. They've already run Piper out of the company and I'm scared they might do the same to Flair , The Giant or someone else important if I don't get rid of them sooner or later.</p><p> </p><p>

Plush Nash refuses to job since he has creative control. I just don't see the appeal in keeping them around.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigINMoldova" data-cite="BigINMoldova" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Should I just fire The Outsiders from '98 WCW? I've brought in the Dudleyz as replacements and I honestly prefer them to The Outsiders IRL but I'm not sure if canning The Outsiders is logical or not at this point. They've already run Piper out of the company and I'm scared they might do the same to Flair , The Giant or someone else important if I don't get rid of them sooner or later.<p> </p><p> Plush Nash refuses to job since he has creative control. I just don't see the appeal in keeping them around.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hold them but keep them away from title stories. You can still use them to train younger low card workers in open matches and entertainment-based angles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigINMoldova" data-cite="BigINMoldova" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Should I just fire The Outsiders from '98 WCW? I've brought in the Dudleyz as replacements and I honestly prefer them to The Outsiders IRL but I'm not sure if canning The Outsiders is logical or not at this point. They've already run Piper out of the company and I'm scared they might do the same to Flair , The Giant or someone else important if I don't get rid of them sooner or later.<p> </p><p> Plush Nash refuses to job since he has creative control. I just don't see the appeal in keeping them around.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, they are definitely acting like the real 1998 Outsiders, that's for sure.</p><p> </p><p> From a historical perspective, I think WCW losing both of the Outsiders would have been a giant publicity coup for WWF. After all, they started the nWo angle and it was their defection that really set off the Monday Night Wars. Heck, even getting Syxx/X-Pac back from WCW (which was actually a power move against Nash and Hall, to fire their little buddy since Bischoff wasn't going to/couldn't fire them) was something WWF threw into WCW's face. Getting Nash and Hall back at that time...I think that would be like Austin jumping back to WCW at the height of the Monday Night War. Not as big as Austin, but somewhere on that level.</p><p> </p><p> FWIW, Nash seemed pretty lazy IRL and he <em>was</em> the person who booked an entire hour of <em>Nitro</em> without any wrestling. What's his promo skills + pop like? It would be entirely like Nash to not actually, you know, wrestle, but you could still potentially use him to help you get some huge angle ratings - which, if WCW's product settings are more pop than performance, will help your overall show score. You can do what happened in real life and have Nash go out and chew up a bunch of time talking or in video packages, to get the proportion of angles to matches higher, which will help a popularity-based company.</p><p> </p><p> Hall is similar, though if they've modded in his addiction issues, he's a bigger liability. I assume the mod has him as a better in-ring performer than Nash, but if WCW is pop over performance, that probably makes him less valuable than Nash. WCW kept him off TV in (failed) rehab so you could give him time off and eat the salary cost. And frankly, if you're going to fire one of the two Outsiders, Hall's probably the one you want to let go of given his drug and alcohol issues - you can let him go and give the WWF's reputation a black eye if he signs back up with the WWF.</p>

To save anymore of your good guys being ran out by Nash I would fire Nash and keep Hall. Try to Rehab him and if it works you have a clean Scott Hall that would be a very useful tool. Nash would sign with WWF and be a trouble maker there. Buddy with HBK if he's there and maybe run out some of there top guys.

<p>Fire Nash and Hall, if you have HHH and HBK (and X Pac) keep those three.</p><p> </p><p>

HBK staying goes without saying. Rehab him as many times as need be.</p><p> </p><p>

HHH and X-Pac can possibly be very dependable hands, X-Pac im the midcard and HHH in the UMC/ME. They both are the younger Kliq guys and have time on their sides</p>

Need some ideas to pad out my schedule a bit with CZCW.

I don't want a traditional weekly TV show a week and a big ppv a month.

I'm CZCW 2020 at Cult.

I added a regaulr 3rd event a month and restructured a couple things.

I have the big show a month.

I now kinda have two brands. each brand has there own event amonth that builds up to the Big event where both brands are included.

It's CZCW Coast to Coast with the normal CZCW brand on it

CZCW FlashPoint! with the FlashPoint Brand (Women and Masked Wrestlers)

CZCW Major Event at the end of the month.

one month I also have the CZCW Best of the Best Tournament as an extra event.

I'm looking to add a Tag tournament in another months and then add some kinda of multi date Rookie Tournament. to add into one month

I'm looking for name ideas and setup idea for the rookie tournament. I want it to be guys from my dev's and maybe a couple of one off's to compete for a shot at being called up with a title shot at the CZCW Cali title.

<p>Switch of Figureheads; General use of figurehead; building heel machine?</p><p> </p><p>

Hey guys, </p><p> </p><p>

I'm booking WCW in 1991 (with RisingStorm) and after almost 8 years as a very successful figurehead I am toying with the idea to switch my figurehead Sting to Goldberg, who I've been building up with the classic winning streak what worked out well thus far as he averages B+ popularity in the US and C+ to B in the rest of the world. Not yet megastar but he is on the rise and in terms of charisma and star quality my best possibility.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Switch of Figureheads?</strong></p><p> </p><p>

But now my problem: I really don't wanna upset Sting too much because he is still integral to my immediate future. When should I switch? When Sting is in the Time Decline (38 right now and still not showing up in it) ? Wait until Goldberg gets to A? I tried to build up Steve Austin to become my next figurehead but because he had to wait in line behind Sting and never had the big success in feuds (why should I push him further if he is rivaling my figurehead?) and weirdly is maxed out at B popularity (awesome dynamic by the game btw) even after beating Flair clean at a major PPV. Therefore I really don't want to screw up the Goldberg push and pull the trigger too late on the switch.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>General use of figurehead</strong></p><p> </p><p>

How are you booking your figurehead in the span of a year (from Season Finale to Season Finale)? After Starrcade in December I usually start storylines with Sting in somekind of stable war or tag team feud (teaming with Luger or something) until July (including title defenses against the two to four rivals with maybe a switch in between to give Sting a big babyface win at The Great American Bash further strengthening his value). </p><p> </p><p>

After GAB in July the build to Starrcade begins with the most profile heel I have in the company (who also never participates in the Spring/Summer feud). In the months leading up to Starrcade I often book Triple Threats or Fatal 4 Ways to keep the headliners fresh. And in December for Starrcade most of the time, Sting wins his title back or defends it. </p><p> </p><p>

It worked out quite well for me and this is just the basic formula with many twists and turns every year in between but I would be really interested how you are making sure your figurehead stays as strong possible and it isn't getting too boring in the title scene. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Building Heel machine</strong></p><p> </p><p>

When I'm using a figurehead I always make sure to have at least four to five main event challengers for him at any time. When Mark Calaway (Yeah, Taker didn't work out in WWF) went off filming movies and Kevin Nash did what only Nash would do: tore his quad (not kidding!). So I was left with Raven (who is not getting very great ratings in main event style match ups, even though he is a good in ring worker and very over) and Sean Sabre (Val Venis / Sean Morley) for the rest of the year and it got a bit tricky in the end to really work it out. How are you treating the face/heel ratio when using a figurehead??</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

WOW, super long post. If anybody takes the time to read it, cheers!</p>

<p>@Soft</p><p> </p><p>

What you don't want to have happen is replace Sting with Goldberg... and have Goldberg flop. To me there is a strong possibility of Goldberg failing due to his lack of in ring ability unless he's not to bad in your game or simply worse at one or two things than your other guys. You don't want an upset Sting and a failed Goldberg.</p><p> </p><p>

See who out of your Main event comes out the best next to sting. who can play face well, has good in ring ability, has great star quality etc. </p><p> </p><p>

If Sting is working then keep Sting. You can still have Goldberg as your top guy, just put the strap on him and have him be the focus. Put Sting in a secondary feud. or have him get the US title ala Cena recently and keep him occupied that way. </p><p> </p><p>

In terms of Heels. I have equal face to heels whenever possbie and i like to have 8 Main eventers. Top Face , Top Heel, No 2 Heel and No 2 Face incase anyhappens to your top two guys. your No 2 would be guyws that are not too fa behind pop wise to your top that can replace them if they retire, injured or quit. i'd have No 1 face and Heel facing off at your Big event and a combination of your top 4 facing off at the other 2 or 3 biggest PPV's of the year</p><p> </p><p>

The other 4- my No 3 Heel and face would be feuding with the top guys/ champ in the secondary PPV's to give them wins and beating uppermidcarders when not facing the top guys. </p><p> </p><p>

The No 4 face and Heel Main eventers would be older guys or simply Uppermidcarders that got too over that I don't plan on giving the top strap too, they may be losers to top guys in filler PPv's , they may get wins over the bottom end Upper Midcarders but they are also the ones I use to give wins to the rising stars that need to make a jump to the Main Event. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I will also use uppermid carders that I want to test to see how they perform at the top level in secondary PPV's against the Champion. If they do well they may be in line for a main event push.</p><p> </p><p>

For example in my 1987 game,</p><p> </p><p>

No 1 Face Hogan</p><p>

No 1 Heel Piper </p><p>

No 2 Face Steamboat</p><p>

No 2 Heel Savage</p><p>

No 3 Face Jake Roberts</p><p>

No 3 Heel Ted Dibiase</p><p>

No 4 Face British Bulldog</p><p>

No 4 Heels: Bob Orton, Paul Orndorf, Harley Race.</p><p> </p><p>

In reference to your figurehead question I know that if Hogan were to be injured or leave or retire early I have Savage that is the next best thing, he's already popular, he's great in ring and can play face very well. He'd be turned heel and make my No 1 face and figurehead.</p><p> </p><p>

Piper would be the next best after Savage although not quite as good but would do a decent job.</p><p> </p><p>

In terms of not having performing heels to face your top faces. I always push the to the top that I can book their character well , that have the in ring skills to put on the high 80's /90 rated PPv matches and who can get over and don't get stuck at B pop. Some guys get over naturally that you don't expect like Bulldog in my 1987 game, he got over to main event despite not being actively pushed , he puts on high 80 rated matches so he's my rising star and being groomed for future success. The guys that are Over but average in the ring or who are great in the ring but can't get above B+ pop are my lower Main event guys my No 4's that may get an IC title reign but will mostly be fodder for the top guys titles reigns and fodder for my rising stars.</p><p> </p><p>

In fact Now I remember, Bulldog impressed enough that I turned him Heel, has him turn on his ally Hogan putting him in hospital, thus vacating the title and Bulldog winning the resulting KOTR for the Heavyweight title. A 25 year old heel Bulldog as Heavyweight champion, I din't plan it but he got over, impressed and it changed my plans, He's only have a couple of months reign untill Hogan makes his triumphant return and defeats the evil Bulldog.</p><p> </p><p>

My point being weather it's meant or it happens accidental move your talented in ring performers up the card and the ones that get mega over slot in your top spots.</p>

<p>Yeah Goldberg is alright in the ring but has just awful stamina. He is gassed after a 15 minute match for christ's sake. But he is an A* in Star Quality AND Charisma and is a good babyface, so I think his potential for potential business success is even higher than Stings (A in both Charisma and SQ).</p><p> </p><p>

Your take with the rankings is something I probably already do in my head. </p><p> </p><p>

No 1 Face: Sting</p><p>

No 1 Heel: Mark Calaway (after becoming a movie star)</p><p>

No 2 Face: Steve Austin</p><p>

No 2 Heel: Ric Flair</p><p>

No 3 Face: Lex Luger</p><p>

No 3 Heel: Kevin Nash</p><p>

No 4 Face: Goldberg</p><p>

No 4 Heel: Sean Sabre</p><p>

No 5 Face: Owen Hart</p><p>

No 5 Heel: Shawn Michaels</p><p> </p><p>

A pretty talented main event scene where it is super difficult to keep everybody happy. Especially Flair who is 48ish and past his prime. </p><p>

Oh funny little tidbit from that save is that Hulk Hogan left the WWF in 94 to found his own wrestling company Hulkamania Wrestling Federation. He signed all his known friends (Jimmy Hart, Nasty Boys, Brutus, etc.) and pretty much took on all guys who are past their prime like Jake Roberts, Roddy Piper or Nitron (The Sabretooth guy). Often there is a "Hulk Hogan Declaration" to read what while not surprising is still funny.</p><p> </p><p>

BTW: Having a super over Bulldog at 25 is just awesome. A guy you can rely on for 10+ years and he is good in the ring and carry guys you wanna elevate to good performances.</p>

<p>You shouldn't have any trouble sorting out talented main events with a roster like that. It's just my preference but I wouldn't have my figurehead be a guy that can't last a 20 min main event. just my preference really. I couldn't do that when I have guys like Owen, HBK etc</p><p> </p><p>

On my CZCW at Cult game on the default Database I have had trouble getting California love machine above 89 in any region. he held 90/91 in South West for 2 month but won't budge above that. Despite Tommy Cornell and my user being 90's CLM was lucky enough that his 89 pop is enough to be a good champion. I built California Love machine from a midcard guy in regional CZCW to a Main event champion for a Cult promotion. It took 2 years of steady booking for it to make sense and build up his legacy along the way. so it would have been disappointing if at the end of his he was the step below what I wanted. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

In terms of Bulldog. I spent a month not playing that save as I was tossing and turning about if I should put the strap on him. I didn't wanna regret any decision , like missing the change to put it on a guy who was mega over... but I also didn't want to do it as he's a New Gen guy and I wanted a distinct line between Hogan era guys and New Gen Guys.. but in the end I decided it would be fresh and it makes a new star... currently he has more potential to be the face of new gen with his SQ and chrisma compared to how Bret is developing. whilst Bret is great in the ring he's 70's in his SQ/Chrisma/ Mic. Besides this first reign is only the tester and to be fed to Hogan for his triumphant return anyway.</p>

<p>I'm Playing Risky Business 85 as Jim Crockett Promotions.</p><p>

I am in January 1988</p><p>

Magnum TA is my World Champion for the 2nd time having swapped the belt with Flair during 1987. I want Magnum to lose the title to someone else besides Ric when I decide to let him drop it, I just don't know who to yet, but at the time same I want to keep Flair in the title picture. Some of the Ideas I thought of was turning Flair face by having the Horsemen turn on him and either have Tully or Gino win the belt and maybe later feud with Flair, Turning Dusty Rhodes heel, or maybe give Nikita Koloff a short reign.</p><p> </p><p>

I also want to bring in a team to Feud with the Road Warriors for the Tag team titles.</p><p>

My tag Team Division is pretty Solid Consisting of The Road Warriors,Rock N Roll Express, Midnight Express,Fantastics, The Rockers,Miracle Violence Connection( Terry Gordy & Steve Williams), Sheephearders, Mike Rotunda & Randy Savage, Michael Hayes& Barry Windham( weird team but somehow have great Chemistry).</p><p> </p><p>

Does anyone have any Ideas</p>

A'ight guys, here's the deal. I've decided to start back up the KOTR tournament and make it an annual thing in the WWE. Here's the bracket for this year's KoTR.

First Round

RAW

Neville vs Elijah Burke (Returnee)

Kane vs Braun Strowman

Sami Zayn vs Adam Rose

Hideo Itami (Call-Up) vs Tyler Breeze

SmackDown

Shinsuke Nakamura (Call-Up) vs Sheamus

Goldust vs Seth Rollins

Bad News Barrett vs Jack Swagger

Kurt Angle (Returnee) vs Curtis Axel

Quarterfinals

RAW

Neville vs Braun Strowman

Sami Zayn vs Hideo Itami

SmackDown

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Seth Rollins

Kurt Angle vs Bad News Barrett

Semi-Finals

RAW

Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman

SmackDown

Kurt Angle vs Seth Rollins

Finals

Sami Zayn vs Kurt Angle

As you can see, I've kind of gotten it all filled out. My only question is this. When it comes time to crown a king, who deserves the honor more? Sami Zayn (who currently is in a feud with Kevin Owens) or Kurt Angle? (who is having one last run at the big time and is currently feuding with Cesaro)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My only question is this. When it comes time to crown a king, who deserves the honor more? Sami Zayn (who currently is in a feud with Kevin Owens) or Kurt Angle? (who is having one last run at the big time and is currently feuding with Cesaro)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd say Zayn. Use Angle to make a new star. Maybe at the ceremony crowning a king, Owens and Cesaro could team up to attack Zayn, only for Angle to come out for the save. That'd set up a tag match at some point, which could add some excitement to both storylines (plus serve as one heck of a match!).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HRTVAndrew" data-cite="HRTVAndrew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd say Zayn. Use Angle to make a new star. Maybe at the ceremony crowning a king, Owens and Cesaro could team up to attack Zayn, only for Angle to come out for the save. That'd set up a tag match at some point, which could add some excitement to both storylines (plus serve as one heck of a match!).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hmm, I was thinking of Kurt Angle just to give him at least one more accolade to his accomplishments, but I think your idea better.</p><p> </p><p> On a side note, Cesaro and Angle's feud is actually face vs face. They are fighting to see who really is the best wrestler in WWE.</p>

<p>I have a couple more questions. The first is another 'theory' question I guess. And the other is more about the 'Storylines' menu.</p><p> </p><p>

First - I'm pretty good at booking stable vs stable, and team vs team, or whatever. But I'm really bad at just booking straight 1 on 1, face vs heel feuds. I feel like it either falls into "Heel beats face a few times, possibly using cheap tactics. Face powers up and proves it by beating some other people. Face beats Heel" or "Heel interferes in a bunch of matches. Face reciprocates (depending on how nice the face is.) Face beats heel in an actual match." I feel like either of those leaves the face as the feud's 'loser' in TEW terms (it's appropriate dramatically, but he's lost way more matches).</p><p> </p><p>

What are some other ways to book 1 v 1 storylines to balance out a bit (alternatively, should I make a new thread to not clutter this one with stuff like this?)</p><p> </p><p>

Second, after watching Wrestle Kingdom, I was inspired to try my hand at a longer frame storyline. So, I'm planning a 2-3 year storyline which leads to new acquisition Jimmy 'Mainstream' Hernandez eventually challenging Rocky Golden for position as figurehead and winning, turning Rocky heel in the process. However, due to storyline decay, obviously I can't have a major storyline between them yet. </p><p> </p><p>

How would you handle it? Book a storyline where Jimmy is the only main character, and have Rocky as support, and then cycle in people as he challenges them? Or would you book his few interactions with Rocky more as simple foreshadowing, and not include Rocky in a storyline until Hernandez is ready to feud with him?</p>