Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can always run a Special event, and name it whatever you want. You can then choose to put it on TV, PPV or not on screen at all.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So I can run the event and only broadcast across Japan? Would that negate any possibilities of losing Pop outside of Japan?</p>

<p>I have a bad backstage rating in my current game, I had initally got the rating to 75% and all was going well until one of my workers OD'D. This might be a bug? not sure, but it lists the OD as a negative twice on the backstage rating, dropping my backstage rating to 55.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyone know how long it takes for the OD Dings to go away? I can't see any of the new backstage controls dealing with this one so just have to wait until they leave?.</p>

Sort of a noob question, but a question nevertheless: Is there any penalty for running a face vs. face or heel vs. heel match in TEW16?

Yes there is a penalty. Although I've gotten away with it in TCW. I did a Rocky Golden 91 pop vs. Sammy Bach 77 pop face vs face match and it got an 83 rating.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you look for when signing a road agent, psychology? Also do good refs and good road agents help five matches better ratings?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Psychology and Respect for road agents. I believe Road Agents and Refs both can give bonus just not sure how big of a bonus or penalty.</p>

<p>Something I've always had an issue with:</p><p> </p><p>

How do you deal with a main eventer like Joey Minnesota getting morale issues? Most guys can be curbed by praising their performances or giving bonuses, but Minn makes enough that the 10,000 bonus limit doesn't dent his morale no matter how many times you repeat it, and I can't get any sort of bonus from praising him. I'd give him a vacation, but he's my champ, and I kind of need him.</p>

Is Ross Henry an American football player or a football (American soccer) player? His bio says he played for the Colorado Rapids (which is a soccer team in our universe), but he's American. Are the Colorado Rapids a football team or a soccer team in the CornellVerse world?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="John Lions" data-cite="John Lions" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is Ross Henry an American football player or a football (American soccer) player? His bio says he played for the Colorado Rapids (which is a soccer team in our universe), but he's American. Are the Colorado Rapids a football team or a soccer team in the CornellVerse world?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd lean toward American football, if only based on his size as a muscular heavyweight (290-320 lbs in game).</p>

I have a company in my game that is in debt and there are news reports that they may be closing soon. I tried taking them over, but I get a message saying they aren't interested in selling up. what causes this? is there anything I can do to get them to change their mind?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kid_amnesiac" data-cite="kid_amnesiac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Jimmy Uso keeps getting drunk in my games, how do I suspend him? It doesn't come up as an incident, I just get messages after he wrestles saying that everyone is pissed off at him.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> NB: This is covered in the FAQ at the start of this thread. You can't suspect him unless he actually crosses the line and does something that creates an incident.</p>

Jimmy Uso keeps getting drunk in my games, how do I suspend him? It doesn't come up as an incident, I just get messages after he wrestles saying that everyone is pissed off at him.

I'm on the same boat with him. I will have to wait until he shows up so drunk that he cannot perform (It would be an incident) then send him to rehab.

Yes there is a penalty. Although I've gotten away with it in TCW. I did a Rocky Golden 91 pop vs. Sammy Bach 77 pop face vs face match and it got an 83 rating.

But did you still get a penalty? It isn't a bad rating, but is worse than if they were opposing dispositions.

NB: This is covered in the FAQ at the start of this thread. You can't suspect him unless he actually crosses the line and does something that creates an incident.

You don't think being drunk period at work shouldn't create an incident? WWE Wellness policy prohibits alcohol usage within 12 hours of an event. If someone tests positive for alcohol, they are fined $2,500.

It breaks immersion that I can't do anything about someone continuously performing drunk in front of 4 million people every week. What exactly does "crossing the line" mean exactly? WWE isn't going to ignore someone clearly being drunk or high during a match, just because he was chill backstage. You should be able to set a zero tolerance policy for a fair backstage rating penalty.

I can understand if it works this way for gameplay purposes though.

You don't think being drunk period at work shouldn't create an incident? WWE Wellness policy prohibits alcohol usage within 12 hours of an event. If someone tests positive for alcohol, they are fined $2,500.

It breaks immersion that I can't do anything about someone continuously performing drunk in front of 4 million people every week. What exactly does "crossing the line" mean exactly? WWE isn't going to ignore someone clearly being drunk or high during a match, just because he was chill backstage. You should be able to set a zero tolerance policy for a fair backstage rating penalty.

100% agree with this. Just the fact that he was clearly drunk at work should be grounds for discipline.

I think it's very much a gameplay feature which forces an element of strategic thinking rather than a feature that aims to simulate reality to a tee.

I think it's very much a gameplay feature which forces an element of strategic thinking rather than a feature that aims to simulate reality to a tee.

Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, it makes sense that someone could slip through and actually end up performing drunk or high, that's not a problem, but not being able to do anything with it after the fact is just weird to me, it's not a gigantic issue for me, though and does make some sense from a gameplay POV, because you have to decide if the worker in question is worth booking if he keeps causing issues and angering everyone he works with.

If it's an issue with them being high on drugs you at least have the option to test them after the show and it most likely will come back with an incident then, but you can't do anything with someone who is perpetually drunk unless they act out backstage. Oh well, lol.

I just think that once a company becomes National and is in more of a mainstream spotlight, they would have a zero tolerance policy in regards to working drunk or high, period.

Imagine the backlash WWE would have if someone worked drunk and broke someone else's neck?

Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, it makes sense that someone could slip through and actually end up performing drunk or high, that's not a problem, but not being able to do anything with it after the fact is just weird to me, it's not a gigantic issue for me, though and does make some sense from a gameplay POV, because you have to decide if the worker in question is worth booking if he keeps causing issues and angering everyone he works with.

Exactly, and it also means that you don't have an easy solution for every offender.

I see where you're coming from; it would never happen in WWE. But in simulation games such roadblocks can also add to the fun from a strategic point of view.