Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Exactly, and it also means that you don't have an easy solution for every offender.

I see where you're coming from; it would never happen in WWE. But in simulation games such roadblocks can also add to the fun from a strategic point of view.

I've only had the issue happen once so far, Ernest Youngman developed a painkiller addiction and kept angering everyone he was working with. I ended up sending to rehab when he finally caused a backstage incident, and then he was gone for 7 months.

Now there isn't any room for him in my plans, because I've stolen people like KC Glenn, Remo, Nicky Champion, and Champagne Lover. Ernest Youngman is currently in a heel stable with Davis Wayne Newton, Kip Keenan and Jamie Atherton, they're all pushed as Openers.

So he's basically stuck in the Social Outcasts spot, that's what happens when you get sent to rehab and Hell's Bouncer gets the feuds you would have gotten.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lex Star" data-cite="Lex Star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, it makes sense that someone could slip through and actually end up performing drunk or high, that's not a problem, but not being able to do anything with it after the fact is just weird to me, it's not a gigantic issue for me, though and does make some sense from a gameplay POV, because you have to decide if the worker in question is worth booking if he keeps causing issues and angering everyone he works with.<p> </p><p> If it's an issue with them being high on drugs you at least have the option to test them after the show and it most likely will come back with an incident then, but you can't do anything with someone who is perpetually drunk unless they act out backstage. Oh well, lol.</p><p> </p><p> I just think that once a company becomes National and is in more of a mainstream spotlight, they would have a zero tolerance policy in regards to working drunk or high, period. </p><p> </p><p> Imagine the backlash WWE would have if someone worked drunk and broke someone else's neck?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm going to start this off by saying that I haven't actually had this drunk "issue" in my game so I'm not sure how the message is worded but here is how I would rationalize it for myself from a game play perspective.</p><p> </p><p> When it doesn't generate an incident:</p><p> I look at this as 2 workers have gone and performed their match. Performance wise something may have been off or it may not have. Then the worker who was sober pulls you aside a few hours after the match or day later and accuses the other of being drunk but you have no direct knowledge (you personally didn't notice alcohol on the drunk workers breath). Hence you personally have no proof even if enough people have reported it. In the real world at this point what action you can take would highly depend on the drug and alcohol policy of your company. Honestly I would like the option to do something about it depending on how your drug/alcohol settings are set for your company. If you have no policy you should be SOL, but if you have a strict policy it would be nice to have options especially if there is mounting evidence week after week.</p><p> </p><p> When it does generate an incident:</p><p> The drunk worker walks up to you and it's so obvious that he's drunk that you as the boss have to take action (and if you didn't and something happened you better have very good an expensive lawyers).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Click on the alliances button (6th from left) at top of screen. On the bottom of the screen that pops up is a button labeled Alliance Titles -- you will find title histories there.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> im so dumb, thankyou.</p><p> </p><p> it seems the COTT world Title hasn't been defended for 7 years in my game, is this a bug?</p><p> </p><p> it was defended regularly on CZCW shows for th first 18 months game time but nothing since.</p><p> </p><p> tag titles 2 years btw</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VBigB" data-cite="VBigB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm going to start this off by saying that I haven't actually had this drunk "issue" in my game so I'm not sure how the message is worded but here is how I would rationalize it for myself from a game play perspective.<p> </p><p> When it doesn't generate an incident:</p><p> I look at this as 2 workers have gone and performed their match. Performance wise something may have been off or it may not have. Then the worker who was sober pulls you aside a few hours after the match or day later and accuses the other of being drunk but you have no direct knowledge (you personally didn't notice alcohol on the drunk workers breath). Hence you personally have no proof even if enough people have reported it. In the real world at this point what action you can take would highly depend on the drug and alcohol policy of your company. Honestly I would like the option to do something about it depending on how your drug/alcohol settings are set for your company. If you have no policy you should be SOL, but if you have a strict policy it would be nice to have options especially if there is mounting evidence week after week.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's a road agent note. They tell you he was visibly drunk or wasted and it affected his performance. IRL a supervisor telling my boss that I am clearly wasted would lead to my termination regardless of them actually seeing me drink.</p><p> </p><p> I understand what everyone is saying though. It is just a feature rather than trying to closely simulate reality. I'll just deal with it for now. But it would be nice to have some option to take action at least for repeated offenses.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AfRoMaN36" data-cite="AfRoMaN36" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's a road agent note. They tell you he was visibly drunk or wasted and it affected his performance. IRL a supervisor telling my boss that I am clearly wasted would lead to my termination regardless of them actually seeing me drink.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah that's completely different from the scenarios I was thinking of including some real life ones that I've had to deal with personally. It would be the same for me where I work, if my supervisory reported me as being visibly drunk at work I would immediately be sent for testing and would be terminated.</p><p> </p><p> I was also thinking of situations though that are not clear cut such as false accusations which could actually make the handling of the back stage environment even more interesting than it is now. In TEW terms I would equate this to a "manipulative" "hugely negative influence" in the locker room trying to get rid of someone they don't like. I believe we already have wrongful termination lawsuits in the game if I remember from the developers journal (I haven't personally seen it yet although I may as I just fired someone recently for something fairly minor so I should have opened myself up for it) so there are ways another wrinkle could be thrown in. I've been thinking of a bunch of items involving moral/vacations/backstage management that I'll be putting in the suggestion forum at some point once I've played a while longer.</p>

<p>Skill and popularity changes are taking place after 3 minutes, so says the manual. </p><p> </p><p>

But what if I have Stacy Keibler shoot tshirts at the crowd 3 times for 1 minute, will those rate the highest and count for the "angle rating" of the show? I assume only 3+ minute angles are counted?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Texasrangers13" data-cite="Texasrangers13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Want to make sure I understand this correctly: if a gimmick is a default (IE "can use without any problems") that means the gimmick effect doesn't matter?<p> </p><p> IE I have Kurt Angle, Olympic Gold Medalist, debut and it gets an "awful".</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No quite. It means that if it is set as one of the two default gimmicks in the database (one face and one heel) that the worker would be able to use the gimmick without necessarily meeting the requirements of that gimmick (for example a gimmick requiring high charisma or menace).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MarkyGeorge" data-cite="MarkyGeorge" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Another question on gimmicks: what's the deal with tweaking? Does it ever improve the rating at all or just prevent the gimmick from getting stale?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's possible that it can do both.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ash Styles" data-cite="Ash Styles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what does athleticism effect?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe it mostly effects what types of gimmicks a worker can use.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr. Hook" data-cite="Dr. Hook" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I believe it mostly effects what types of gimmicks a worker can use.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would be HIGHLY skeptical of that being all. Athleticism probably has a modest effect on in-ring action (Though ideally it would also synergize a bit extra with in-ring skills like Chain Wrestling and Aerial).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Skill and popularity changes are taking place after 3 minutes, so says the manual. <p> </p><p> But what if I have Stacy Keibler shoot tshirts at the crowd 3 times for 1 minute, will those rate the highest and count for the "angle rating" of the show? I assume only 3+ minute angles are counted?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I <em>think</em> only major angles can contribute to the angle rating of a show. Anything minor is mostly for popping crowds.</p>

<p>Is there a way to alter match recaps like you can with angles? </p><p> </p><p>

I can type whatever I want for the booking screen, but the match recaps still just say "XXX beat XXX". I'd like to be able to have it show "XXX beat XXX when XXX interfered" or "XXX drew due to injury."</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="trypio" data-cite="trypio" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>An editor question: Is there a way to set a whole folder of pictures as free pictures for any generated worker to use or do you have to do it one by one and fill in every detail?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As far as I've been able to determine, the answer is no. Definitely something to put in the suggestion forum because a mass edit for this would definitely be helpful. I can't remember exactly how many free pictures I added to my personal game but I believe it was well over 1500.</p><p> </p><p> I do have a tip for anyone who plans on doing something like this themselves. Organize your free picture folders into multiple different databases which you combine into one DB at the end. For example:</p><p> </p><p> - one folder for pics of Asian women wrestlers who are very small/small.</p><p> - one folder for pics of Asian male wrestlers who are very small/small.</p><p> - one folder for pics of Asian male wrestlers who are light heavyweight/heavywieght.</p><p> - ect.</p><p> </p><p> The idea is to have things organized so that you can leave all the check boxed ticked the same as you step through the pictures ("using the continue button") saving a bunch of clicks and some time.</p>

I want to run two night tournament for WWF in 1988 one night being a single and the next night being tag team.. I'm going to call it WWF Winter Classic, but I'm thinking about naming both after WWF legends from the time period. I just need some help on the tag team side of things. What would McMahon name it in 88?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tweek It" data-cite="Tweek It" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I want to run two night tournament for WWF in 1988 one night being a single and the next night being tag team.. I'm going to call it WWF Winter Classic, but I'm thinking about naming both after WWF legends from the time period. I just need some help on the tag team side of things. What would McMahon name it in 88?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Demolition Derby?</p>

<p>So, I read in the patch notes that now Announcers and Referees get pop from just working a show, do managers? Because I have a new gen personality/manager that has 99 sex appeal, and despite having her in highly rated segments, she has only gotten 1 pop in most of the world, 2 in a few regions and 0 in a few. I'm broadcasting on a company owned channel that has massive set as the size in every region of the world, so maybe it is a glitch? I don't know.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, nobody answered me before, can Giant workers be random gens? Or can they only be added in by the player?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordJaguar" data-cite="LordJaguar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why is there a cap of B rating on matches less than 20 minutes? This seems quite arbitrary....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There isn't; I'm getting lots of B+ matches with ACPW that go under 15 minutes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordJaguar" data-cite="LordJaguar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why is there a cap of B rating on matches less than 20 minutes? This seems quite arbitrary....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You'd have to ask Adam, I guess. The cap is only for the in-ring action, though. The segment rating can still be higher. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wrestling Century" data-cite="Wrestling Century" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, I read in the patch notes that now Announcers and Referees get pop from just working a show, do managers? Because I have a new gen personality/manager that has 99 sex appeal, and despite having her in highly rated segments, she has only gotten 1 pop in most of the world, 2 in a few regions and 0 in a few. I'm broadcasting on a company owned channel that has massive set as the size in every region of the world, so maybe it is a glitch? I don't know.<p> </p><p> Also, nobody answered me before, can Giant workers be random gens? Or can they only be added in by the player?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Was the manager actually playing a role in these angles or was she just assigned as another worker's manager? I think managers need to actively take part in the angle in order to gain popularity.</p><p> </p><p> As for your second question: I don't see a reason why there can't be randomly generated giants, but I don't know.</p>