Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When a match goes to a judges decision finish (which I love doing because I think it would be cool for a pro wrestling company to do), what exactly is a 'split decision' verdict?<p> </p><p> I thought it was for a tie decision but the game sees it as not. Am I mistaken in thinking this?: </p><p> Unanimous decision = all judges see Worker X as winner</p><p> Majority decision = 3 out of 4 judges see Worker X as winner</p><p> Split Decision = 2 out of 4 judges see Worker X as winner</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Never used them, so sorry, I can't help you.. If it's anything like how it decides which order a team is eliminated in a 2v2v2v2 tag match, it just guesses, with no semblance of logic..</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When a match goes to a judges decision finish (which I love doing because I think it would be cool for a pro wrestling company to do), what exactly is a 'split decision' verdict?<p> </p><p> I thought it was for a tie decision but the game sees it as not. Am I mistaken in thinking this?: </p><p> Unanimous decision = all judges see Worker X as winner</p><p> Majority decision = 3 out of 4 judges see Worker X as winner</p><p> Split Decision = 2 out of 4 judges see Worker X as winner</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have rarely seen an instance (IRL) of an event having an even number of judges. For example, most boxing matches and MMA events have 3 judges and any decision rendered that is not unanimous would be considered a split decision (a majority decision would still be considered split).</p>

<p>In MMA, a split decision is where 2 judges choose fighter A, whilst the third chooses fighter B. </p><p> </p><p>

Often confused with a Majority decision, where 2 judges score fighter A, whilst the third declares a draw.</p><p> </p><p>

You couldn't do it with 4 judges, I don't imagine.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dalenichol" data-cite="dalenichol" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In MMA, a split decision is where 2 judges choose fighter A, whilst the third chooses fighter B. <p> </p><p> Often confused with a Majority decision, where 2 judges score fighter A, whilst the third declares a draw.</p><p> </p><p> You couldn't do it with 4 judges, I don't imagine.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> OK that makes sense. Mainly I didn't know the difference between Majority and Split.</p>

I have a language barrier problem, and am in the booking part of the day, unfortunately.. However, I have an alliance title, and the champion would solve the problem, but I am skint.. So my question is, if I borrow the title, and don't use the champion, do I still have to pay her..

In my regional fed I run two monthly shows that air on TV and I'm making more money than I ever have. If I switch my model to a weekly TV show with an event how will that affect my profit? I know there's not a blanket answer but would my costs increase a lot for TV so stay relatively the same per show?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Simple question: Does a worker gain overness faster / gain more overness when appearing on A-shows rather than B-shows?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. Basically the more people who see a show the more overness that a worker can gain from appearing on it.</p><p> </p><p> A victory in a 10 minute match on a show seen by 1,000,000 will garner more overness than the same match on a show seen by 2,000.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes. Basically the more people who see a show the more overness that a worker can gain from appearing on it.<p> </p><p> A victory in a 10 minute match on a show seen by 1,000,000 will garner more overness than the same match on a show seen by 2,000.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Although if a B-show has bigger coverage, I'm not sure that's necessarily true. No human player would do this, but the AI sometimes does.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my regional fed I run two monthly shows that air on TV and I'm making more money than I ever have. If I switch my model to a weekly TV show with an event how will that affect my profit? I know there's not a blanket answer but would my costs increase a lot for TV so stay relatively the same per show?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am at regional myself, but don't have TV yet. I don't think there is a straight forward yes/no answer. Two things to consider.....</p><p> </p><p> 1) The main thing is what are your profits and expenses. Are you only making it by because of increased sponsors (that will not go up much each show and you may eat into it running more shows), or are you actually making money running the shows themselves after all TV expenses/show costs, etc , in which case, you can certainly increase profits by running more.</p><p> </p><p> 2) Consider your jump to cult. I've read you need enormous amounts of money and people are advocating NOT having TV at first as expenses apparently go way up. While you may not get there as fast, would you have more money overall at the time you hit cult going the slow route due to increase accumulated sponsorship? peek through the 'is this the end' discussion in this forum.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slick Mick" data-cite="Slick Mick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If i have a worker signed to a PPA contract, and his only involvement in the show is an <em>offscreen</em> appearance in an angle, do i still have to pay him?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't believe so, as it isn't an appearance. It's the same when you have worker out, you can still reference them in angles as off screen to push storylines.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="liontamer" data-cite="liontamer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am at regional myself, but don't have TV yet. I don't think there is a straight forward yes/no answer. Two things to consider.....<p> </p><p> 1) The main thing is what are your profits and expenses. Are you only making it by because of increased sponsors (that will not go up much each show and you may eat into it running more shows), or are you actually making money running the shows themselves after all TV expenses/show costs, etc , in which case, you can certainly increase profits by running more.</p><p> </p><p> 2) Consider your jump to cult. I've read you need enormous amounts of money and people are advocating NOT having TV at first as expenses apparently go way up. While you may not get there as fast, would you have more money overall at the time you hit cult going the slow route due to increase accumulated sponsorship? peek through the 'is this the end' discussion in this forum.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sponsorship did go up but not enough where that is why I am making money. Before jumping from one to two monthly events and both televised I was making 8-15K and after 15-25K monthly.</p>

Booking EMLL and things are going great.

We're at regional, with a weekly TV show being broadcast around Mexico. We're currently at D, E- and E+ popularity, with the D being our home region.

However, we're consistently putting on C-/C event and TV show ratings, which are all being broadcast, but our popularity has stopped rising in all 3 regions (I now only get the message about pop going up in 1 region)

Am I right in assuming that at D level, I'd only need a C- to grow in my top area? And should be growing in the other 2 as well. Could this have anything to do with the economy and wrestling industry being in the toilet?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dalenichol" data-cite="dalenichol" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Booking EMLL and things are going great. <p> </p><p> We're at regional, with a weekly TV show being broadcast around Mexico. We're currently at D, E- and E+ popularity, with the D being our home region. </p><p> </p><p> However, we're consistently putting on C-/C event and TV show ratings, which are all being broadcast, but our popularity has stopped rising in all 3 regions (I now only get the message about pop going up in 1 region)</p><p> </p><p> Am I right in assuming that at D level, I'd only need a C- to grow in my top area? And should be growing in the other 2 as well. Could this have anything to do with the economy and wrestling industry being in the toilet?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is EMLL capped at size? It's entirely possible that you just can't grow any larger. I could be way wrong though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dalenichol" data-cite="dalenichol" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Booking EMLL and things are going great. <p> </p><p> We're at regional, with a weekly TV show being broadcast around Mexico. We're currently at D, E- and E+ popularity, with the D being our home region. </p><p> </p><p> However, we're consistently putting on C-/C event and TV show ratings, which are all being broadcast, but our popularity has stopped rising in all 3 regions (I now only get the message about pop going up in 1 region)</p><p> </p><p> Am I right in assuming that at D level, I'd only need a C- to grow in my top area? And should be growing in the other 2 as well. Could this have anything to do with the economy and wrestling industry being in the toilet?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, when Wrestling Industry is low companies in that area don't seem to gain popularity until it recovers.</p>

<p>Any way to avoid everyone who was left off of an event from getting upset? </p><p> </p><p>

I'm playing as TCW and coming out of Malice in Wonderland I had every person on my roster that wasn't booked get upset and hurt my backstage rating. Enhancement Talent like Jeremie Courtney were irritated. I'm getting close to War To Settle The Score and just want to know if there is anything I can do here.</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: I know you can completely turn off "Left Off Show" complaints with user preferences. But I don't want to completely remove this feature, I'm just curious I guess if even guys down to Enhancement Talent are going to be upset when not performing at events. It doesn't seem to be an issue if they aren't on every TV show which is why it caught me off guard.</p>

<p>So I've noticed in my RTG game that GSW is signing a lot guys to exclusive PPA contracts. This either never before, or I've never really had guys they've been interested in, but I'm wondering if a company can develop this type of signing habit? </p><p> </p><p>

Other than gaining Cherry Bomb as booker, nothing's changed for them, and I have no existing relationship with them. I am, however, part of the COTT alliance which they are not.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrallan" data-cite="mrallan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any way to avoid everyone who was left off of an event from getting upset? <p> </p><p> I'm playing as TCW and coming out of Malice in Wonderland I had every person on my roster that wasn't booked get upset and hurt my backstage rating. Enhancement Talent like Jeremie Courtney were irritated. I'm getting close to War To Settle The Score and just want to know if there is anything I can do here.</p><p> </p><p> Edit: I know you can completely turn off "Left Off Show" complaints with user preferences. But I don't want to completely remove this feature, I'm just curious I guess if even guys down to Enhancement Talent are going to be upset when not performing at events. It doesn't seem to be an issue if they aren't on every TV show which is why it caught me off guard.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you don't want to turn off the feature, it's probably best just to do a pre show battle royal with anyone not on the card. Also if you have any non-wrestlers complaining have them in some angles on the pre show. It doesn't affect your show rating or the crowd to my understanding.</p>