Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

I got a few questions regarding supporting workers in your company.

With regards to managers - valets... must you pair up managers and wrestlers with equal popularity? Or can you put less popular managers with more popular wrestlers? Will their be penalties for bad mix ups? (Popular managers with lesser or unknown wrestlers etc?)

Are personalities really necessary in the game? I mean, wrestlers and managers can probably do their own promos. Can having your more popular wrestlers have angles / promos with unpopular - unknown personalities hurt the segment or incur penalties?

With regards to announcers... do they absolutely have to have colour commentary skills or is a high announcing and charisma enough? Are there penalties for having two announcers instead of 3?

Thank you in advance!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you guys go about figuring out who the top workers are in a pop>perf company? Just go by their performance range (the score that's put in the notes after the match) and their overall while taking into consideration their entertainment/menace skills? <p> </p><p> I thought seeing that score post match would be a big help, but it's stumping me more than anything. Maybe I'll just change it to at least pop = perf and see if that's any easier to manage.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've always done it by the most popular- I get there by pushing the guys I want that have the skills I want and they gain pop and then become my top workers. They do need to be able to put in decent matches, of course, which is where the match grade can help, but even if their ring skills are good, if they are not very over, the grades will still be low.</p>

Where can I download, or is it possible in the first place to play with different scenarios (older years like in "EWR") such as 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 etc. in TEW 2016? :cool:

Here's a link to the mods section:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=242

Might I suggest the Mod Squad thread (which has 1987, 1991 & 1997 along with others that are being worked on):

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534035

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="christmas_ape" data-cite="christmas_ape" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anybody know how the game works out who wins a match if you leave it without a specified winner?<p> </p><p> Is it down to popularity/skills? Also is there an element of chance in it? For example if I put the same 2 people in a best of 7 series would one guy just win every time?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From past experiences (not in '16, but '10 & '13) it seems to be by popularity and road agent preference (I.E. if the road agent has a relationship with one or more of the wrestlers it can impact the winner). At least this is what I was told in the Small Questions '13 thread.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If someone is under a written contract to one promotion can I have them on a PPA in my promotion? If the answer is no what if I have an alliance with that promotion, do I have to trade wrestlers or can I also borrow from that promotion?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A written contract is a completely exclusive contract, you cannot have them on a PPA while they are on a written, unless the contract is in it's last 28 days and they sign for you over their current company. For your other questions, you can trade wrestlers and money with the promotion for multiple appearances or a single 1 off appearance for a small fee.</p>

I've always played with all game areas as active, but what exactly does happen, if I turn a few of them off? Will I not be able to play to play as a promotion based there? Does the game area not create new wrestlers?

The wrestlers will stay there, but all promotions there will stop existing: the area just becomes "inactive". It's used to shorten the load times.

<p>I posted this question last week but haven't gotten an answer to it yet, at least if I did I missed it, so I'm posting it again.</p><p> </p><p>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p>

Just curious, is there a way to filter the available worker list by state? I want to see all the workers that have a particular state listed as a hometown. Is this possible? Or is USA as close as I'll get?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brainbuster" data-cite="Brainbuster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a January 2010 real world mod available for TEW 2016?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not yet, but there may be one soon in the brew.</p><p> </p><p> Love your username.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Donners" data-cite="Donners" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do they, particularly TV shows, earn more money if they're longer?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. Your advertising revenue is, naturally, linked to the length of the show as that directly impacts how many advert breaks there would be and how many viewers are watching.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Shephart" data-cite="Shephart" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>is it possible to edit save file data? I would like to change workers status from out of business to on hiatus. If a worker is out of business is there a possibility thta he might return?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Out of Business workers will never return. Using the in game editor however you can change them to whatever status you'd like. Just make sure to change their roles as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Out of Business workers will never return. Using the in game editor however you can change them to whatever status you'd like. Just make sure to change their roles as well.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't get it how do I change it, when i change it in the editor and then load the save file status remains the same.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Shephart" data-cite="Shephart" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't get it how do I change it, when i change it in the editor and then load the save file status remains the same.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In the In-Game Editor, as Jaysin said. Start the game, go into the Editor, make the change. Not the pre-game editor.</p>