Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I have them go over higher pop wrestlers, that seems like a zero sum game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes and no.</p><p> </p><p> In the short term it's undoubtedly true and in some ways arguably a negative sum gain; yes, the lower pop worker will get more over but that's likely outmatched by the loss from the higher pop worker and then you have to factor in the moral issues you'll face.</p><p> </p><p> But in the medium-to-long term it doesn't have to be depending on who the higher pop wrestler is. For example workers with high entertainment stats (charisma, menace etc) can essentially generate popularity for themselves (and others) out of nowhere so they can afford to eat a few pop draining losses because all it will take is a short angle a week for a month to get them back to where they were.</p><p> </p><p> Take 21CW and a worker like Nightmare. He's your prototypical limited monster heel with pretty poor top row stats, mediocre performance stats (outside of poor selling) and poor entertainment stats outside of his 90+ menace and while he's not old by any means he's not a young prospect any more. In a smaller promotion you may build him up as a monster heel but in a promotion like 21CW which had multiple monster heels, most of which are far better than Nightmare, the chances of you doing anything significant with him are limited.</p><p> </p><p> So for me he becomes a pop generating machine for my other workers... generally the good-in-ring, limited-on-mic types. A month or two long storyline with Nighmare doing menace based angles and then losing the pay off match(es) normally helps elevate the guy I want to develop while not really hurting Nightmare's overness in the medium term.</p>

I know it's pretty impossible to book a 2 out of 3 falls triple threat match for 2 titles, like we saw at WrestleMania 2000, so my question is, how to book it? Would you just book two seperate triple threat matches with the same competitors, for two different titles?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Actually, I disagree with this. I think there's a lot of fun to be had with choosing at least one bad worker and seeing what happens when you push them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Absolutely! So can running a small/regional sized entertainment promotion. But that requires a bit of know-how, doesn't it? Banging your head against the wall trying to get a "project" over isn't for everyone. I got the impression that the question was asked by someone who needed to know how to work a mainstream-esque product from the ground up. Sure, after you've gotten the hang of getting people over using the various strats mentioned then doing a Heidenreich-like challenge would be a nice change of pace. Just as running a small promotion and getting constantly poached can be. But starting out with it could be discouraging and frustrating, no?</p><p> </p><p> For example, you mentioned a tag team that isn't bad at all. C's across the board is a decent midcard act for a big entertainment promotion. As far as why their angles work so well, it's one of those TEW lightning in a bottle things (and you're absolutely right. They make things interesting and fun). consortium11 mentioned a common way to use limited 'monster heel' type workers (which had been a staple for people running USPW in past TEW editions. A way to get a real use out of the T-Rex and Giant Redwood types).</p><p> </p><p> But if you start with good to great talent, once you get the hang of things and develop your own favorite methods, then you can branch off and start working on getting projects over.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone. It sounds like part of the problem was me focusing too literally on the word popularity and assuming that even a completely terrible person would help as long as he was famous.</p><p> </p><p>

It sounds like a better way to think of it is more as a "personality-driven" show rather than simply an echo chamber of popularity. </p><p> </p><p>

On the flip side, your explanations have also helped me understand why WWE used to rely more on gimmick matches, when they had wrestlers with less technical skill. It's been really neat as a neophyte to keep seeing new ways that this game lines up with why the real life companies make the decisions they do. Some day, I swear I'm going to get around to writing something in-depth about that.</p><p> </p><p>

Actually, one more question along those lines. Is there a way in the game to simulate the Roman Reigns thing, where audiences dislike a push that a wrestler gets and actively turns on him? I feel like it hasn't happened to me, but maybe there's a setting I missed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Actually, one more question along those lines. Is there a way in the game to simulate the Roman Reigns thing, where audiences dislike a push that a wrestler gets and actively turns on him? I feel like it hasn't happened to me, but maybe there's a setting I missed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Poor gimmick is what's causing Roman to be booed and that's reflective in the game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They're as relevant as you want them to be. Even in promotions where gimmicks are irrelevant, some people will become known for certain characterizations. Masahiro Chono is jumping into my mind for some reason. If the gimmicks are irrelevant, that would lead me to believe they don't help a worker (but I can't say that for sure since I've never worked with that kind of product). Think about it. Even a hyper realism promotion like UFC uses gimmicks. Conor McGregor, Nate & Nick Diaz, Ronda before the fall, Michael Bisping, Bethe Correia, etc. And Bellator has Tito Ortiz (with his 'attention ho' persona). Do people tune into their shows for the gimmicks....or to see people beat the crap out of each other?<p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd say the gimmicks do play a part in the examples you state, which is why I find the idea that gimmick would have no mechanical effect on the segments a bit strange - and this is what I have been trying to say.</p>

I think of it this way, if Tony Parker (NBA) came out wearing a cowboy hat and shooting toy guns it may make some like him but the general viewers could care less about that and so the gimmick has not effect to the by and large audience

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HoganKnowsLeast" data-cite="HoganKnowsLeast" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does it mean when it says someone is penalised for inconsistency?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's pretty much literal - they put on a bad performance because they're inconsistent, based on their Consistency skill. The lower the skill, the more often they'll have an off night.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Herrbear" data-cite="Herrbear" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a question about converting mods. If I wanted to convert a TEW2010 mod, do I have to convert it first ton TEW2013 and then take that and convert it to TEW2016?<p> </p><p> Thank you.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. The text at the top of each converter explains that it only does the previous game's database.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stevens150" data-cite="Stevens150" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you go from head booker to owner?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You would need to apply for the ownership position (via the company's profile's Business tab), but yes, you can.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ZTGST" data-cite="ZTGST" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does the length of a storyline play into the effect on matches? Say, if I have a storyline rated 90 after the first segment, will that have the same effect on the next storyline match as a 90-rated storyline that's been building up to that score over multiple segments?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Still curious about this. Thanks.</p>

I was just wondering, how long does a wrestler have to be in a certain disposition before the game deems it ok to turn them AND do they have to be actively appearing during that time? Because I have a situation where I turned someone and then very shortly after they got injured and have been out of action for months and it still says his turn was "extremely recent". I was hoping to turn him right when he comes back but at this rate it seems like that wouldn't be a good idea.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MinimiMax" data-cite="MinimiMax" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was just wondering, how long does a wrestler have to be in a certain disposition before the game deems it ok to turn them AND do they have to be actively appearing during that time? Because I have a situation where I turned someone and then very shortly after they got injured and have been out of action for months and it still says his turn was "extremely recent". I was hoping to turn him right when he comes back but at this rate it seems like that wouldn't be a good idea.</div></blockquote><p> Its based on appearance. Not time. If you could host x amount of shows one day you could turn him the next</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes. The text at the top of each converter explains that it only does the previous game's database.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you. That is what I sort of thought.</p>

Any more wrestlers like Puerto Rican Power who are extremely popular in one region?

If I bought a Japanese company as my Dev can I send my workers whose active areas are only US to work in that Japanese Company?

Can I sign workers whose active regions is only Japan for my Japan Dev?

Is there any actual way of buying out the major promotions? I mean... I'm in CV97 and I want to have a brand split... and I want to buy out SWF, but it's just not happening.

They have 100m+ in the bank, but a 50 year old Corporal Doom is their champion. Their shows are averaging out at about 50-60 rating as well. I just feel like companies that get big CAN'T die. It's annoying. Thinking about using the editor but like I said... it's a bit ridiculous.

Is there any actual way of buying out the major promotions? I mean... I'm in CV97 and I want to have a brand split... and I want to buy out SWF, but it's just not happening.

They have 100m+ in the bank, but a 50 year old Corporal Doom is their champion. Their shows are averaging out at about 50-60 rating as well. I just feel like companies that get big CAN'T die. It's annoying. Thinking about using the editor but like I said... it's a bit ridiculous.

They have to be in debt in order for you to be able to buy them out. With 100 million dollars in the bank, there's no chance they go under anytime soon.

If they have 100m+ in the bank, then why in the world would they want to sell to you? They have absolutely no need for the money! Like mentioned above, companies HAVE to be in debt before they'll consider selling.

Dumb question, but I just start a from scratch fed... We don't have a TV show or anything, so what is the way I should be booking shows?

When I go to 'schedule' page I presume it's "add event" but this seems to be adding regularly scheduled, recurring events (since it asks me if I want it to be weekly, monthly, annual or special event, etc.)

I also try clicking on house show, since I figure pretty much everything when you are a small fed is going to be a house show, but that also doesn't lead anywhere.

So I create my first event with the 'add event' button and under the special reoccurrence, now it's listed as a recurring event ...

Is 'add event' the way I should be going about doing shows? Then if I plan to run say monthly shows, just put the frequency as monthly and all my shows will be automatically generated every month?

Not sure if I'm making myself clear, but hope so...

House shows can only occur if you have written deals, and a minimum of 10 of them.

From what I understand from your question, you should probably go and add event... Perhaps make it a special event, and then add a number as a prefix. Since Specials goes dormant after it has been aired, you just need to activate it again, after it has been run.

If you want different monthly events, then use the add event button and add several events, setting them to monthly.

To follow up on Gungner's points, if you want the events to be like titled PPV's, annual is the best way to go, and then make 12 events. If you just want reoccuring shows, then monthly is probably better.

Once you start making some more money, then adding a second show each month is a good way to build extra pop.