Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Demon of Elru" data-cite="Demon of Elru" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I increase my POV and show prestige? My show is very low and all of my PPVs are normal.</div></blockquote><p> Show prestige increases over time. Took me a few years for mine to rise from Average to Above Average. Just keep on putting those shows.</p>

<p>Currently looking at the 'narratives' section of the editor and it obviously has ECW and WCW struggling finanically around 2001. I am running WWF in 1998 and I don't want them to go bust, nor do i want to have to purchase them.</p><p> </p><p>

So my question is, will this definitely happen unless I remove them?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Currently looking at the 'narratives' section of the editor and it obviously has ECW and WCW struggling finanically around 2001. I am running WWF in 1998 and I don't want them to go bust, nor do i want to have to purchase them.<p> </p><p> So my question is, will this definitely happen unless I remove them?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can go in the editor under the companies section and change the amount of money they have to whatever you want.</p>

<p>So basically, when I start to edge towards the time frame that WCW and ECW experience issues, I should edit them to have more money in order to continue any battle we may have? Thanks</p><p> </p><p>

Second question is how do I get a TV deal for my child company? I have created a show every Friday but I can't get a TV deal for them. Is it something that they organise themselves?</p>

<p>So basically, when I start to edge towards the time frame that WCW and ECW experience issues, I should edit them to have more money in order to continue any battle we may have? Thanks</p><p> </p><p>

Yes</p><p> </p><p>

Second question is how do I get a TV deal for my child company? I have created a show every Friday but I can't get a TV deal for them. Is it something that they organise themselves?</p><p> </p><p>

The AI does it unless you create your own broadcaster which costs mega bucks.</p>

<p>Hey guys, I'm thinking of starting a 2005 WLW diary, but I was hoping y'all could fill me in on some WLW history? When did they change to a regular schedule? When did KOBE unify the midcard belts? When did Hell Monkey turn on Angel? Stuff like this. Anyone that can help? </p><p> </p><p>

Also, what kind of angles would be expected in a promotion like WLW?</p>

Can you add Alliance Titles in the midst of a game, like say the NWA US Tag Team Titles, NWA Six-Man Tag Team Titles, or Women's US Title, I've already deactivated them, but see no way to make them Alliance titles, should I be able to, or just probably start a new game and do it again with those titles set for Alliance Titles?

When negotiating with wrestlers who refuse as they feel the company is too small for them, does that rely on Popularity or Size? I'm playing as TNA in a mod and am avoiding going up to National until I can properly compete with WWE. My popularity across the states is only 10 or so behind theirs but I'm wondering if I have to go up in size from Cult to National to aide in poaching top wrestlers?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the minimum length a feud should last? I occasionally run month long feuds but I don't make them official storyline feuds for fear that they'd have a negative effect due to the length</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm pretty sure there isn't a specific minimum length. I've ended feuds very quickly before because the workers had bad chemistry, and I created the storyline before realizing this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the minimum length a feud should last? I occasionally run month long feuds but I don't make them official storyline feuds for fear that they'd have a negative effect due to the length</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think two segments is the minimum.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dean" data-cite="dean" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way (other than the editor) to view a list of venues/arenas if you aren't in the pre-show booking mode? Like on a regular day where I don't have a show, I can't find a way to scout venues.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No there isn't.</p>

<p>So I started a WCW game with Eric bischoff and then decided after two weeks that I would rather play as ted turner so I resigned with bischoff and added turner as a second character. Now it's a two player game but I only seem to be able to access bischoff. Is there any way to just cancel bischoff as a user character all together and just play a single game as turner?</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: never mind. I found it. I just needed to "leave game" with bischoff. </p><p> </p><p>

Funny how just firing bischoff turns the backstage environment from 64 to 92 percent!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When do folks start using call in ring and not scripted. I had two guys in a 20 minute match with mid 80s psychology and went call in ring and it still said that they were lost out there.</div></blockquote>Sometimes that negative comes up if the match rating is too high when compared to Psychology.

<p>Just wondering.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

If I for example had ... say Mr Perfect in WWF, Lower Midcard. </p><p> </p><p>

Could I get him over towards Uppermidcard simply by having him in Angles? </p><p> </p><p>

Like two months of Vignettes hyping him and then he comes into the company and does skits about being Perfect. If he's managed by Ted Dibiase and doing skits with him would get over Uppermidcard without having a match. ?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Like a couple months of his skits he gets over then his first match being an IC title match in which he wins or something.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just wondering.<p> </p><p> </p><p> If I for example had ... say Mr Perfect in WWF, Lower Midcard. </p><p> </p><p> Could I get him over towards Uppermidcard simply by having him in Angles? </p><p> </p><p> Like two months of Vignettes hyping him and then he comes into the company and does skits about being Perfect. If he's managed by Ted Dibiase and doing skits with him would get over Uppermidcard without having a match. ?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Like a couple months of his skits he gets over then his first match being an IC title match in which he wins or something.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It can happen. Whether or not he could get from LM to UM would depend on the overness of your other UMs and on the ratings of his skits.</p>

If I use the ability to cap my company's maximum size to not jump to Cult before I'm ready, is the cap actually on my company's popularity, or can the company still grow more popular without jumping to the next size category?

It is just on the size itself, it has no impact on popularity.

I'm at an interesting point in my game. Imaginary company, started in 91 now I'm in 95, number one in the country and the world, National, but still loosing national battles by about 200 points because WCW has Hogan, Savage and Sting. NEVER has my company or popularity been damaged from losing national battles, which has happened every month for at least two years. But seriously, no popularity deductions or momentum or prestige. My show ratings are amazing, is this what is counter acting my national battle deductions?

Also I have made a habit of buying failing companies to create development territories. I have 5, two at large cult level, and three regional.

Will I make more money if I run them on a touring schedule or normal? I fill at least half of there roster with developmental contracts/trainers/people whom I want to to work there to bolster the roster.