Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<p>Terra Ryzin yes.</p><p> </p><p>

Broken cycle - it's depending upon what the box says. The description can tell you how good they can become. If u are playing long term game, chances are those guys will become good enough later in terms of Performance skill. Their description box can also tell u about their Pop cap and their skill caps.</p><p> </p><p>

I had my share of nobodies improving and becoming good enough. Its core though, if the person is as you suggested.</p><p>

I think I have read some guide about it on forums about what phrases mean what.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it worth pushing Next Big Things in a big company if they are young and completely suck (low top row stats, horrible entertainment, no star quality)?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I wouldn't say it's worth it to push them immediately, but it's generally a sign that you should use them more than you would otherwise. This way they can gain skills and reach their potential. Feuds with vets (even if they lose) are generally good for this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SanX" data-cite="SanX" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Terra Ryzin yes.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for the response. If you don't mind, another question, would a touring contract stop someone from opening a promotion? I could see a written, but I'm not sure a touring would be the same, but maybe, maybe even open contracts stop people.. do they? I ask because TAKA Michonoku is on a.. </p><p> </p><p> Actually, he's not on a contract at all, and still hasn't opened the Kaientai Dojo promotion, is it possibly because Japan has 11 Promotions? I think I seen on here earlier at some point that promotions sometimes won't open because their are others who already fit their niche' or .. something of that nature.. Anyway, the ones in my game are.. 2 Cult, 7 Regional, and 2 National</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am in the middle of a WCW save and I'm realizing I dont care much for the "Storylines" negative impact on my shows. Is this something I can change in the User Preferences? (I dont see the option, but perhaps I'm just not seeing it?)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope. That is derived from your product and changing that mid-game can be disastrous.</p><p> </p><p> edit* misread your issue. Nevermind me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am in the middle of a WCW save and I'm realizing I dont care much for the "Storylines" negative impact on my shows. Is this something I can change in the User Preferences? (I dont see the option, but perhaps I'm just not seeing it?)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's in the normal settings-- Strict Storylines.</p>

<p>What would be the best way to schedule a Japanese touring company? I'm going to start a cult sized company, with a similar product to GCG & BCG (Cornellverse). On touring months, I was planning on this set-up:</p><p>

* 1 Weekly Tour Event (Television for tour highlights)</p><p>

* 1 Weekly live TV Show</p><p>

* 1 Monthly PPV Event/Tour wrap up show</p><p> </p><p>

Thoughts? Would it be better to run 2 weekly tour events and scrap the live TV show? Would it be possible to run 3 events per week, or would the product be too physically intense?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Captain Kayfabe" data-cite="Captain Kayfabe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What would be the best way to schedule a Japanese touring company? I'm going to start a cult sized company, with a similar product to GCG & BCG (Cornellverse). On touring months, I was planning on this set-up:<p> * 1 Weekly Tour Event (Television for tour highlights)</p><p> * 1 Weekly live TV Show</p><p> * 1 Monthly PPV Event/Tour wrap up show</p><p> </p><p> Thoughts? Would it be better to run 2 weekly tour events and scrap the live TV show? Would it be possible to run 3 events per week, or would the product be too physically intense?</p></div></blockquote><p> Depends on your owner goals and income. I started playing BCG to familiarize myself with the touring thing, now a year and a half into it I'm just doing 1 touring show per week with just 3 singles matches in it (bare minimum) plus a monthly show that includes everyone so they won't complain. If you can afford to do more, by all means do so, but it would certainly exhaust your workers (again, depending on roster size and product danger/intensity). Also, bear in mind that a heavy schedule that's also televised will bring up repetitive booking problems, if you have that setting turned on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Captain Kayfabe" data-cite="Captain Kayfabe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What would be the best way to schedule a Japanese touring company? I'm going to start a cult sized company, with a similar product to GCG & BCG (Cornellverse). On touring months, I was planning on this set-up:<p> * 1 Weekly Tour Event (Television for tour highlights)</p><p> * 1 Weekly live TV Show</p><p> * 1 Monthly PPV Event/Tour wrap up show</p><p> </p><p> Thoughts? Would it be better to run 2 weekly tour events and scrap the live TV show? Would it be possible to run 3 events per week, or would the product be too physically intense?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am not touring, but I am running this schedule with GCG. I am making money, and the workers seem to be fine with the workload, but the events and the TV show are only an hour, so I don't use everyone on them.</p><p> The TV show is good for popularity, the weekly events are good for money, and the monthly event is a giant money maker, as I have a PPV contract. I hired quite a few of my workers to written contracts, so my wage bill is high, but this setup is working right now, and it means I can throw my main eventers wherever I want without incurring more expense.</p><p> </p><p> It appears that the Japanese C-Verse workers are much tougher than the ones you find in other areas, because I've run Puro feds in the US and Europe, and it was not uncommon for 5 or 6 workers to be fatigued after each show. It's usually one at most with GCG, and it's never a Japanese one. I play with injuries on high, and it's even pretty rare to have those.</p>

<p>How do you book shows with a roster of PPA contracts?</p><p> </p><p>

I know it sounds silly but I'm booking ROH and am trying to plan out my big events around the availability of my workers. I don't mind missing some stars on my tv shows since I don't run storylines but I need them there for my events. </p><p> </p><p>

Do you guys plan a card and then manually check the availability of each worker and then book the show on whatever day they're available or is there a way to ensure they will be there?</p><p> </p><p>

I don't mind tediously checking each worker but I'm hoping there's an easier way</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nymetfan" data-cite="nymetfan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you book shows with a roster of PPA contracts?<p> </p><p> I know it sounds silly but I'm booking ROH and am trying to plan out my big events around the availability of my workers. I don't mind missing some stars on my tv shows since I don't run storylines but I need them there for my events. </p><p> </p><p> Do you guys plan a card and then manually check the availability of each worker and then book the show on whatever day they're available or is there a way to ensure they will be there?</p><p> </p><p> I don't mind tediously checking each worker but I'm hoping there's an easier way</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In your schedule screen there's a button to bring up the calendar and see where everyone on your roster is potentially booked for the entire month. You don't have to do it individually so that helps.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In your schedule screen there's a button to bring up the calendar and see where everyone on your roster is potentially booked for the entire month. You don't have to do it individually so that helps.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had no idea this button existed. Thanks!</p>

<p>I've gotten into the habit of buying companies and keeping them as child companies. It seems to be the right move, but I have a few questions regarding morale and contracts.</p><p> </p><p>

In my 1987 game, I bought AWA. I then signed Cactus Jack to a developmental contract to send him there, but of course, he already has a PPA deal. The game made me release him from AWA first, which is fine. I signed the deal and sent him on his way.</p><p> </p><p>

Similarly, I'll eventually purchase WCWA, and they have a number of workers I want (they raided JCP - Arn, Midnight Express, etc.) all signed to written contracts. I assume I'd need to release/pay them, then sign them myself?</p><p> </p><p>

Now, these are my questions:</p><p> </p><p>

1. Does Cactus Jack have any type of morale issue in AWA because he was released? I've acquired a worker that just left in talent trades before, they were all understandably "furious at being fired."</p><p> </p><p>

2. Are there any negative feelings toward my UC for releasing these guys from contracts with companies that I don't work for?</p><p> </p><p>

3. Do I pay out the remainder of their contracts just to sign them again?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hassnain123" data-cite="hassnain123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what are top row stats for if performance skills are what matches are based on</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They all work together though top row stats are generally the most obvious ones to the eye. You can see that Neville has a high Aerial skill for instance. </p><p> </p><p> Performance skills are more of a behind the scenes thing that really makes the match come together. Proper bumps, match structure, not injuring your opponent, etc would all be performance based stats.</p><p> </p><p> When you get both of these at a high level that is when you get a truly great match. Contrast this with a match where the guys have top row stats with no performance skills (Two guys doing all of the "movez" to little fanfare with not much cohesion), or excellent performance skills but no top row skills (a boring match where technically it makes sense and everything looks good, but it's remarkably unspectacular).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hassnain123" data-cite="hassnain123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>thanks for replying also how does a wrestler gain loyalty to your company</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They gain loyalty when they work for you. Also, correct me if I am wrong, loyalty gains are Japan exclusive. So for companies outside Japan, workers won't become loyal to your company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The game creates news stories when a contract comes up, at least for the more popular workers. But the best way is to shortlist the workers you're interested in. When their contracts are up, you'll get an e-mail.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do we know if this applies to all of your own signed workers, if they're in fact shortlisted?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1. Does Cactus Jack have any type of morale issue in AWA because he was released? I've acquired a worker that just left in talent trades before, they were all understandably "furious at being fired."<p> </p><p> 2. Are there any negative feelings toward my UC for releasing these guys from contracts with companies that I don't work for?</p><p> </p><p> 3. Do I pay out the remainder of their contracts just to sign them again?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've not bought out a company before, but don't you have the option of taking on all/some of the worker contracts when it happens, so you sign them direct without having to release them from the failing company first?</p><p> </p><p> Just looking in my game, the Pillage option would let you take workers, titles, TV shows and events.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hassnain123" data-cite="hassnain123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>thanks for replying also how does a wrestler gain loyalty to your company</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That only happens in Japan (unless set differently in the mod you're playing). Hire a young worker and give them regular work, however, and they can become loyal to you. That's a positive relationship in your backstage area, and they'll be more reluctant to leave your company if approached by others. They can and will leave if the right opportunity comes along, though.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hassnain123" data-cite="hassnain123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what are top row stats for if performance skills are what matches are based on</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Flashiness is how flashy a worker looks in the ring - how showy their moves are, how good they can make high-risk moves look and so on. There's an argument that it could be better placed with the Performance skills as there's no 'Flashy' match type, but it's a modifier mainly for Aerial performers.</p><p> </p><p> The other top row stats show you how good your workers are at a given match style - all other things being equal then a 100 brawler will probably have a more entertaining, engaging and varied brawl-based match than a 75 brawler, for example.</p><p> </p><p> Teh_Showtime is right that the Performance skills are critical to any decent match, though. You have to know <em>how</em> to work a match before you worry about how <em>good</em> it is.</p><p> </p><p> Think of the top row stats as different story genres - action, romance, comedy and so on. Whether you're writing horror (Hardcore), space battle (Aerial) action (Brawling) or whatever, it always needs to be written clearly (Basics), flow smoothly (Consistency), have a clear beginning, middle and end (Psychology) and convince you to buy in to the narrative (Selling).</p><p> </p><p> (I don't have a place for Safety in this analogy, but I hope it's self-explanatory!)</p><p> </p><p> One thing to note is that, while one worker <em>can</em> carry a match, it's better if both sides contribute. Putting a 100 Aerial guy in with a 100 Brawler means that they'd be working opposing styles, so neither will be at their best. If your 100 Aerial guy has 30 Brawling, say, then that will help as he can carry some of the load in a brawl with the other guy.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="southernwebb04" data-cite="southernwebb04" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do we know if this applies to all of your own signed workers, if they're in fact shortlisted?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You always get e-mailed when your own workers have one month left on their contract.</p>

<p>Popularity</p><p> </p><p>

I think I'm misunderstanding something about popularity rating.</p><p>

When I look at a wrestler on my roster, I can see his Popularity score per region.</p><p>

But sometimes I get an owner goal saying so-and-so needs to reach X popularity by a certain time.</p><p>

How do I find the OVERALL popularity score? Am I looking in the wrong place?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think I'm misunderstanding something about popularity rating.<p> When I look at a wrestler on my roster, I can see his Popularity score per region.</p><p> But sometimes I get an owner goal saying so-and-so needs to reach X popularity by a certain time.</p><p> How do I find the OVERALL popularity score? Am I looking in the wrong place?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just do the math. Add up the regions, divide by number of regions.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think I'm misunderstanding something about popularity rating.<p> When I look at a wrestler on my roster, I can see his Popularity score per region.</p><p> But sometimes I get an owner goal saying so-and-so needs to reach X popularity by a certain time.</p><p> How do I find the OVERALL popularity score? Am I looking in the wrong place?</p></div></blockquote><p> This usually happens with the more popular workers, so on the news page you could go to the "Most Popular" tab, pick a region and look for your worker there. Once you click on them, their overall pop in the region shows on the side</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One thing to note is that, while one worker <em>can</em> carry a match, it's better if both sides contribute. Putting a 100 Aerial guy in with a 100 Brawler means that they'd be working opposing styles, so neither will be at their best. If your 100 Aerial guy has 30 Brawling, say, then that will help as he can carry some of the load in a brawl with the other guy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not sure if that's accurate now.</p><p> </p><p> The Player's Handbook says there's no benefit to pairing up workers with similar styles. In a Regular match, I'm pretty sure a guy with 100 brawling against 100 aerial would get roughly the same results as two guys with 100 in the same skill (Regular is simply rated on the worker's best skills). Two similarly skilled workers <em>will</em> get a sweet bonus in specialty matches (Brawl, Technical, High Spots, ect) though.</p>

<p><< Just do the math. Add up the regions, divide by number of regions. >></p><p> </p><p>

<< This usually happens with the more popular workers, so on the news page you could go to the "Most Popular" tab, pick a region and look for your worker there. Once you click on them, their overall pop in the region shows on the side >></p><p> </p><p>

I think I'm asking my question incorrectly.</p><p>

If I am playing a National, like WWE, and Vince's Owner's Goal is that John Cena much achieve a 75 popularity.... where do I see that figure? Is it "no less than 75" in ALL US regions? Is it an "average" of 75 in all US Regions?</p>