Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

How to turn organic bios on for all workers before the game starts? I'm trying to find it in the database i wanna play, but can't.

In the pre game editor, go to mass edit workers and then choose the "Set Organic Biography To..." option, it'll auto default to Yes so all you'll need to do is select all and then hit mass edit. :)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels 82" data-cite="shawn michaels 82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How to turn organic bios on for all workers before the game starts? I'm trying to find it in the database i wanna play, but can't.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> if it is not an option under mass edit in the database editor then I think you would have to do it manually. I seem to recall it being an option though...</p><p> </p><p> I know once you start a game in settings you can set it for all newly generated workers to have organic bios</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smw88" data-cite="smw88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>if it is not an option under mass edit in the database editor then I think you would have to do it manually. I seem to recall it being an option though...<p> </p><p> I know once you start a game in settings you can set it for all newly generated workers to have organic bios</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Found it on the mass edit. Thanks to both of you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the reply. As for #2: Except for ppv buy-rates, over-exposure is not a thing in this game according to the player's handbook. So I don't think that's the issue here.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That was what I thought too, and there is no penalty for running multiple events on their own, but when I started televising the weekly ones, I noticed a drop. Several pages back, I asked the related question of why should I ever do TV shows when I can just televise events, and others said that they've seen the attendance drop as well when they televise weekly events.</p><p> </p><p> If you go that route, please let me know what you discover. I don't have a lot of data, and I'd be happy to be wrong. Also, I've never actually run a touring schedule, so that all may work differently as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PushHarper" data-cite="PushHarper" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know workers con go on Excursion but I only know this because my workers return from it. How do I send a worker on Excursion on my own?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't. Workers choose when to go on their own.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can't. Workers choose when to go on their own.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is there anyway to increase the chance of it happening, because I have been playing a game for about 3 years game time and nothings has happened. Or is 3 years not enough time for it to happen?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="crackerjack" data-cite="crackerjack" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it possible to take a company to global only running shows from one location?<p> </p><p> Take, for example, only running a company in Hawaii (with no spillover), will the company be capped at regional? Can I gain influence in another region if I never go there?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you use TV and Ppv deals that cover all regions, then yes, you can book in the same venue forever, if you want, and Still become global.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels 82" data-cite="shawn michaels 82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you use TV and Ppv deals that cover all regions, then yes, you can book in the same venue forever, if you want, and Still become global.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks man. I was planning to do this in hawaii, so I'll just have to grind to make money until I can open my network up (due to the lack of TV/PPV deals). I appreciate the help!</p>

Recently been putting on shows that get consistent B and A segment ratings, including the main event being a B and top angle being A, but my shows are getting rated at B-. This has been happening for the past few weeks in game. Are there any penalties that get applied to shows that work independently of the ratings therein?

I have the exact same problem going on for a couple of weeks now. I meet all the requirements and my whole show still has a much worse rating than all of my matches and angles.

See screenshot:

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.f18fc5f4f623858008a87357b32bfb05.jpg

I have the exact same problem going on for a couple of weeks now. I meet all the requirements and my whole show still has a much worse rating than all of my matches and angles.

See screenshot:

Well your main event was a B- so you weren't gonna get much higher than that. The other matches and angles may have rasied it to a B or a high B-. And then you put a whole bunch of guys on the show who people didn't want to see as much as you showed them. Those 9 used to much on the show notes dragged you high B- to low B down to a C. You need to stop doing that.

Well your main event was a B- so you weren't gonna get much higher than that. The other matches and angles may have rasied it to a B or a high B-. And then you put a whole bunch of guys on the show who people didn't want to see as much as you showed them. Those 9 used to much on the show notes dragged you high B- to low B down to a C. You need to stop doing that.

But all of these guys were used in the Pre-Show. I thought the Pre-Show wouldn't matter for the show rating.

But all of these guys were used in the Pre-Show. I thought the Pre-Show wouldn't matter for the show rating.

The audience still saw them. Although the match rating itself doesn't count you still need to only give your lower card guys but so much time. Even on the pre show. A 20 minute preshow match with all lowercard guys is gonna piss people off.

But then I find it kinda weird the Pre-show match is still getting a C- rating. Additionally as all the people watching the show on TV couldn't see it, it shouldn't affect my popularity over there (that much).

Wouldn't it be more realistic if the Pre-Show match is getting a F-rating for pissing the audience off and everything else is affected just the way later matches are usually affected by awful matches?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Abgas" data-cite="Abgas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But then I find i kinda weird the Pre-show match is still getting a C- rating. Additionally as all the people watching the show on TV couldn't see it, it shouldn't affect my popularity over there (that much). <p> </p><p> Wouldn't it be more realistic if the Pre-Show match is getting a F-rating for pissing the audience off and everything else is affected just the way later matches are usually affected by awful matches?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its not the pre show matchrating that's bringing it down. Its just seeing the workers in general. It taints the whole show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Its not the pre show matchrating that's bringing it down. Its just seeing the workers in general. It taints the whole show.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Okay, thank you for explaining.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Abgas" data-cite="Abgas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay, thank you for explaining.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just shorten the length of the matches. If lowest push in the match is enhancement talent maybe 6 to 8 minutes, if th lowest push is an Opener 8 to 10, and if its a Lower Midcarders 10 to 12.</p><p> </p><p> Actually that's total time. So if you're gonna use a match and an angle the total time that one of these lower card workers should be on your show is as above.</p>

<p>I'm playing around with RAW in the Cornellverse and trying to imagine how my product comes across in the ring. With Traditional at Low and no Modern in the product, the top skills like Brawling, Mat Wrestling and Aerial are deemphasized. In turn, I have Mainstream at Key and I have Comedy and Risque both at Heavy. What do these matches look like?</p><p> </p><p>

As it's a product not terribly far from, say, G.L.O.W. my instinct is to say this is just "bad wrestling" but no... the RAW roster has many charismatic workers and a few polished workers, so the end result should be watchable. But what is it? A typical wrestling match but with a premium on comedy spots, taunts and crotch chops? Or is this more a situation where my workers are putting on something akin to an SWF/WWE match but I've conditioned the fans to pop for the storytelling in the ring instead of the quality of the moves themselves?</p>

<p>Yep, comedy matches and plenty of T&A I'd guess, think one of the matches that the DX reunion would have with guys like JeriShow and the like, or Mick Foley's 'bad' matches in ECW where the characters are key more so than the absolute performance level.</p><p> </p><p>

Enzo Amore would do well in your company, to name a more modern example.</p><p> </p><p>

*</p><p> </p><p>

A couple of small q's:</p><p> </p><p>

Is there any rhyme or reason behind how workers choose proteges? I assume similar personalities may come into it. Also, is the 'passes on tips' event a purely random thing? Ricky Steamboat seems to pass on tips every week, Randy Savage about once every 2-3 weeks so far...</p><p> </p><p>

Post-show speeches: Can there be negative effects from these? Can workers get upset for being ignored after a strong performance, or if a sub-par performer gets praised? Or can a worker get an ego from being praised too often?</p>

Is there any rhyme or reason behind how workers choose proteges? I assume similar personalities may come into it. Also, is the 'passes on tips' event a purely random thing? Ricky Steamboat seems to pass on tips every week, Randy Savage about once every 2-3 weeks so far...

Post-show speeches: Can there be negative effects from these? Can workers get upset for being ignored after a strong performance, or if a sub-par performer gets praised? Or can a worker get an ego from being praised too often?

From my little experience, 'passing tips' seems to be a random thing. Also, said tips always seem to be one of four: Psychology, Microphone, Babyface/Heel performance.

Interested to read whatever feedback other people have on JC's questions though.

From my little experience, 'passing tips' seems to be a random thing. Also, said tips always seem to be one of four: Psychology, Microphone, Babyface/Heel performance.

Interested to read whatever feedback other people have on JC's questions though.

I have seen tips on selling, but very, very rarely.

In my various AAA playthroughs, some wrestlers always pick the same proteges; J-Ro always picks Simony Sentinel, Steffi Chee always picks Selina Svelte, etc. Other characters have a bit more randomness- sometimes, Suzanne Brazzle takes Talia Quinzel under her wing, other times, it's Sarah Taylor or somebody else.

Also, on those rare occasions when you have a wrestler with two proteges at the same time, when they teach one something, they'll also teach the other the same thing, resulting in two locker room incident alerts.