Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<p>Possible to change broadcaster style?</p><p> </p><p>

Hi guys,</p><p> </p><p>

So I purchased my own broadcaster and made it Free-to-Air. My popularity went up pretty fast, but now that I'm big enough I'd like to make more money. I'm trying to find an option to change my broadcaster to Commercial or Subscription, but I'm not seeing it. Does that option exist or will I just have to delete the broadcaster and create another one from scratch?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="antbojo" data-cite="antbojo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi guys,<p> </p><p> So I purchased my own broadcaster and made it Free-to-Air. My popularity went up pretty fast, but now that I'm big enough I'd like to make more money. I'm trying to find an option to change my broadcaster to Commercial or Subscription, but I'm not seeing it. Does that option exist or will I just have to delete the broadcaster and create another one from scratch?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> you cant change the broadcasters type once created</p>

<p>Man, I'm just lost as to how to deal with the regional/national battles. I guess I can turn it off but I would like to play the game with everything on. Just confused on how to balance increasing my production and losing a ton of money.</p><p> </p><p>

For reference, I was playing with NYCW. I can't seem to ever beat PSW or RIPW even after I had upped production. My guys just aren't as good and I like to stay realistic and not just hire a ton of top guys.</p><p> </p><p>

Any advice. Should I just play without it on? (I wish National Battles would stay on, regardless)</p>

<p>You don't need a ton of top guys, just one you can rely on to deliver a B/B- main event and elevate your show grade. A hard, consistent push for one of your better performers should get you there. Nothing wrong with bringing in an outside guy to fill the role either.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, depending on money, switch to weekly shows as your workers' overness will quickly increase with exposure and you can quickly start getting the B show grade needed to (almost always) win regional battles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Johnny_Boombatz" data-cite="Johnny_Boombatz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Man, I'm just lost as to how to deal with the regional/national battles. I guess I can turn it off but I would like to play the game with everything on. Just confused on how to balance increasing my production and losing a ton of money.<p> </p><p> For reference, I was playing with NYCW. I can't seem to ever beat PSW or RIPW even after I had upped production. My guys just aren't as good and I like to stay realistic and not just hire a ton of top guys.</p><p> </p><p> Any advice. Should I just play without it on? (I wish National Battles would stay on, regardless)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> National Battles are mostly won based on the overness of your main eventers. If your top guys are more over than the competition, than you're on the fast track for winning them. That simple.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Also, depending on money, switch to weekly shows as your workers' overness will quickly increase with exposure and you can quickly start getting the B show grade needed to (almost always) win regional battles.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> based on my personal experience, i would suggest creatin 4 monthly events, as events bring more people, money, plus boost morale if achieve success</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Johnny_Boombatz" data-cite="Johnny_Boombatz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Man, I'm just lost as to how to deal with the regional/national battles. I guess I can turn it off but I would like to play the game with everything on. Just confused on how to balance increasing my production and losing a ton of money.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't increase production values until you are consistently bringing in a lot of profit. You can win Regional Battles without them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You don't need a ton of top guys, just one you can rely on to deliver a B/B- main event and elevate your show grade. A hard, consistent push for one of your better performers should get you there. Nothing wrong with bringing in an outside guy to fill the role either.<p> </p><p> Also, depending on money, switch to weekly shows as your workers' overness will quickly increase with exposure and you can quickly start getting the B show grade needed to (almost always) win regional battles.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels 82" data-cite="shawn michaels 82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>National Battles are mostly won based on the overness of your main eventers. If your top guys are more over than the competition, than you're on the fast track for winning them. That simple.</div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kesselll" data-cite="kesselll" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>based on my personal experience, i would suggest creatin 4 monthly events, as events bring more people, money, plus boost morale if achieve success</div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Don't increase production values until you are consistently bringing in a lot of profit. You can win Regional Battles without them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the responses. I haven't considered doing weekly shows so I'll haveta try that later. Looks like 'Bulldozer' Brandon Smith will be my guy (if he isn't on tour)</p>

<p>Perfect choice if you still have him. I'm always amazed at the launch of a new TEW to see him still in the American Indies and not signed up permanently by one of the big American or Japanese feds.</p><p> </p><p>

Probably obvious, but don't <strong>just</strong> rely on one guy. Build him, exploit him, and while exploiting him build guy #2 to exploit, using Smith. While exploiting them both, build guy #3 (and possibly #4)... Overness gains eventually become self-sustaining to a degree as the difference between main event guy and undercard guy will noticeably elevate the undercard guy just by association. It's possible to ride a handful of super-over guys to incredible grades because of how heavily weighted the main event is to your show, and those 'spare' main event guys stay hot by beating the midcard, who get hot by losing open matches to the main event and beating the undercard... The trick, insofar as there is one, is that you have to be patient and persistent. Midcard vs midcard likely doesn't benefit you and just earns them a paycheck (there are exceptions, of course, but in terms of overness gains it's pretty pointless) so try and avoid booking that sort of match if at all possible.</p>

Announcer/Location

Two small questions on the game. If you have a company and do a brand split it asks for brand announcers, how does that work in comparison to announcers for events or tv shows? Also If I am very popular all over the world, but Australia and when I run a show there to build up popularity I get a bad rating. I know it's because of my workers' not being known there or my company, but why does it affect the popularity all over the world even if the show is considered good anywhere else? (Same applies to going somewhere with a language barrier) Thanks!

<p>If I don't script matches will it automatically book as call in the ring?</p><p>

I have ran about a month, and I have scripted none of my matches and they are terrible and sub-par, would scripting them help the grades, or are they just not popular enough?</p><p>

My Main event guys get B- and up but my Mid card is having terrible Wrestling.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="chm39" data-cite="chm39" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I don't script matches will it automatically book as call in the ring?<p> I have ran about a month, and I have scripted none of my matches and they are terrible and sub-par, would scripting them help the grades, or are they just not popular enough?</p><p> My Main event guys get B- and up but my Mid card is having terrible Wrestling.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. If you don't put anything then neither the pros or cons are tacked on to the match. It's just... nothing. </p><p> </p><p> Don't worry about the midcard matches. Sure, in some cases it's good to have good grades (like for storyline heat, for example), but overall they don't affect the rating of a show at all. Midcards are supposed to suck.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> the rating of a show at all. Midcards are supposed to suck.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The TLC matches between the Hardyz, the Dudleys, and Edge & Christian were midcard matches. Just sayin'.</p>

Okay, so here's a question- currently, some of my main eventers are turning out matches where the post show notes say there was a "lack of selling" or a "lack of psychology". Now, these are established vets with good scores in both. I thought it might be a morale issue, but the wrestlers involved are at least "pleased" or better, and backstage atmosphere is 100%. Is it that they're TOO popular? Or is there something else I'm missing? I mean, it's not a HUGE deal at the moment, as they're still churning out great performances and high rated segments (I don't know about you, but an A* performance for a regional company is LIT in my opinion).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay, so here's a question- currently, some of my main eventers are turning out matches where the post show notes say there was a "lack of selling" or a "lack of psychology". Now, these are established vets with good scores in both. I thought it might be a morale issue, but the wrestlers involved are at least "pleased" or better, and backstage atmosphere is 100%. Is it that they're TOO popular? Or is there something else I'm missing? I mean, it's not a HUGE deal at the moment, as they're still churning out great performances and high rated segments (I don't know about you, but an A* performance for a regional company is LIT in my opinion).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The pysch and selling you need is dependent on the match rating you get. There's a formula to determine match rating. If before you take into account psychology or selling the rating is higher then the psychology or selling then you'll get those notes. The thing is we don't know when psychology and selling are added to the formula. And we don't know how much they take off. But it has been said the closer the rating is before these things are taken into account the less they take off. Normally however its pretty minuscule so don't worry about it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The pysch and selling you need is dependent on the match rating you get. There's a formula to determine match rating. If before you take into account psychology or selling the rating is higher then the psychology or selling then you'll get those notes. The thing is we don't know when psychology and selling are added to the formula. And we don't know how much they take off. But it has been said the closer the rating is before these things are taken into account the less they take off. Normally however its pretty minuscule so don't worry about it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good to know, thank you. Not a huge concern, like I said, as they're still delivering amazing performances, and my pop is still growing despite a falling economy and wrestling industry.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I close a developmental territory?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bring up or release all workers you got down there, then go to relationships and end the relation between you and then. They'll keep running normally but without any association with you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you increase a worker's rating at Colour or Announcing? I see several workers with high Entertainment stats, but weak at Colour and Announcing. I'd like to shift some aging workers to that area to keep them around.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They should improve at it if you consistently have them calling matches</p><p> </p><p> Maybe try them on a B show for a few months and see how they do</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When doing a Brand Split, can you use non-wrestling personnel (announcers, referees, etc.) on both brands, or do you have to have separate workers for each show?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Should be able to use them on both.....just do not assign them a brand as you do the wrestlers and they should be available for both. Then just assign the announcers as you normally would.</p>