Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<p>Assuming you haven't put in their contract 'never lower than main event' and they are signed as active full time wrestlers, then it's because their overness is higher than the majority of the rest of your roster and hence autopush treats them as main event. They expect to be in the main event because hey, they're the most popular guys on the roster, right?</p><p> </p><p>

You will need to reduce their overness--since they're older and probably in time decline, they will find it harder to retain and build popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

If you've signed them so they can be teachers/enhancers, then you could put them in a feud with one of your midcard or upper midcard dudes you want to come up into the main event (or just give a boost) and have the lower card guys go over them in the feud.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>48% in two areas, if I'm not mistaken.</div></blockquote><p> It's 47.1 (D+), to be exact.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kehi7" data-cite="Kehi7" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I get an older, main event wrestler to agree to drop down the card to say midcard? I signed a bunch a legends, over 50, and they still want to be main eventers, even the recommended push for them is main event. Do I just have to wait it out?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mean, theoretically you could manually set them as midcarders, but I wouldn't recommend that because they will get mad at you.</p><p> </p><p> Their auto-push is highly dependent on their popularity compared to the rest of your roster. It doesn't matter how old he is, if he is one of your most popular wrestlers, he will want to get pushed as a main eventer.</p><p> If you want to fade him out as a main eventer, you should have him lose a lot, preferably against workers who are less popular than him. The old guy will lose popularity while his opponent will gain popularity.</p><p> At the beginning, he may be unhappy, but this will change over time.</p>

<p>Just book them as midcarders - have them put over main event/upper midcard talent, and unless they're massively more over than the guys they're facing, they won't complain.</p><p> </p><p>

If signing guys like that, try and make sure they have a 'gatekeeper' or similar clause in their contract so they know they're there to put the future of the company over.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kehi7" data-cite="Kehi7" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I get an older, main event wrestler to agree to drop down the card to say midcard?</div></blockquote>Other ways of getting their popularity down exist instead of losing. Instead, give "bad" wins to them. For example, LET them win, but have the opposite be protected/kept strong/dominate.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ampulator" data-cite="ampulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Other ways of getting their popularity down exist instead of losing. Instead, give "bad" wins to them. For example, LET them win, but have the opposite be protected/kept strong/dominate.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Or even burial while winning.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Temes1066" data-cite="Temes1066" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is this "exposure" thing that I have recently just heard about?</div></blockquote><p> I'm assuming it means a worker being seen by a bazillion eyeballs they wouldn't otherwise get. As an example, I'm playing with Pro Wrestling SAISHO and sent one of my promising Young Lions to WLW as part of a talent trade. They had him job to one of their declining main eventers on the opening match of a televised event (I don't have a TV deal) but that was enough to make him the most popular guy on my roster.</p>

Just started a new RW game and Asuka and Kane are 'unavailable'. I cannot auto push because they are not available but they are not showing on the medical page? why are they unavailable?

You should go back to the medical section and, to your right, next to the injuries column, you will see the ones absent for non injury reasons. In the case of Kane and Asuka it's for personal reasons.

I've had workers refuse to do Average Injury/Content Risk matches because they were afraid they might be injured, but their Physical tab showed them all green and not carrying any injuries. Some had never even received an injury. I've also had liberal and extremely liberal workers refuse such matches. I'm trying to find their common ground and I'm thinking it's the fact they're also hesitant instead of bold. Any ideas?

While I'm at it, is there any special thread here or a guide as to personality sliders and how they affect a worker's behavior?

I've had workers refuse to do Average Injury/Content Risk matches because they were afraid they might be injured, but their Physical tab showed them all green and not carrying any injuries. Some had never even received an injury. I've also had liberal and extremely liberal workers refuse such matches. I'm trying to find their common ground and I'm thinking it's the fact they're also hesitant instead of bold. Any ideas?

While I'm at it, is there any special thread here or a guide as to personality sliders and how they affect a worker's behavior?

Have you checked the particular workers resiliency stat or whether they were past their peak/in time decline? I've definitely seen older workers refuse this type of work.

I don't think so, but it's a great idea.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="harrypotterhead" data-cite="harrypotterhead" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>hey can some one give me a quick rundown on the graph of company sizes ratio to the attendance?<p> </p><p> like International size usually put this in attendance?</p><p> or cult sizes usually have this in attendance?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Company size is irrelevant for attendances. The primary criterion is your popularity in the particular region you're running the show in and is then altered by things like company momentum, state of the wrestling industry and economy, show importance, regional importance etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've had workers refuse to do Average Injury/Content Risk matches because they were afraid they might be injured, but their Physical tab showed them all green and not carrying any injuries. Some had never even received an injury. I've also had liberal and extremely liberal workers refuse such matches. I'm trying to find their common ground and I'm thinking it's the fact they're also hesitant instead of bold. Any ideas?<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's probably due to fatigue.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can a heel actually work as a company figurehead? I know I can choose them, but I didn’t know whether it’s actually beneficial.<p> </p><p> I was considering Wolf Hawkins for my figurehead, but I don’t really want him to turn face.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can place a heel figurehead, but it won't be good for business. You get a negative penalty added for him being a heel.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels 82" data-cite="shawn michaels 82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can place a heel figurehead, but i won't be good for business. You get a negative penalty added for him being a heel.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's not bad for business if the candidate excels in the other figurehead qualifications. Ric Flair was WCW's figure head and did just fine and in TEW does just fine as well.</p>

It's not bad for business if the candidate excels in the other figurehead qualifications. Ric Flair was WCW's figure head and did just fine and in TEW does just fine as well.

Yes, there are exceptions, like if he fits all the other criteria, fine. He just gets that negative penalty, but if the other positives are true, and excelled, he should be fine. Should have been more clear. Thanks for the heads up. :D

how can I prevent the AI from creating an event for a company

Like PWG doesn't have an event each month of the year. they might skip a janauary or an april and august... How do you prevent the company from automatically setting up an event for the company in a particular month

I'm not sure if this will necessarily work, but how about making them a touring company?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VBigB" data-cite="VBigB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have you checked the particular workers resiliency stat or whether they were past their peak/in time decline? I've definitely seen older workers refuse this type of work.</div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Liger!Liger!" data-cite="Liger!Liger!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's probably due to fatigue.</div></blockquote><p> I would expect older workers to decline: they have piled on injuries and put their bodies through a lot (even if they still appear green on the physical graph) and are heading towards the end of their career so they don't have much to hope for. Same reason why I don't expect them to take stunt/crazy bumps. My question came up because of young, liberal workers refusing. I'm certain it's not fatigue (I got refusals from debuting workers) but resilience might be a good guess. Not sure though, as I play with Scouting/FoW on. It's fun because it kinda imitates life where bookers might run into similar problems, but it can get annoying. I'll remember to look it up in the editor the next time it happens.</p>