Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<p>turned on the dirt sheet because my main event keeps bombing.</p><p> </p><p>

Noticing matches are being penalized for lack of a hot storyline /low heat storylines when my storylines are 81-88 and I'm regional so the threshold is low. Any ideas?</p><p> </p><p>

I think I'm still on 1.22, will be updating soon, but don't see anything regarding this in the logs for newer versions</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="liontamer" data-cite="liontamer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>turned on the dirt sheet because my main event keeps bombing.<p> </p><p> Noticing matches are being penalized for lack of a hot storyline /low heat storylines when my storylines are 81-88 and I'm regional so the threshold is low. Any ideas?</p><p> </p><p> I think I'm still on 1.22, will be updating soon, but don't see anything regarding this in the logs for newer versions</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You need to feature your storyline in the match. Its saying you had two workers fight for no reason. The easiest way around this is to use like the Distraction note or Interference note. This involves the storyline in the match</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will two workers with 83 and 92 psychology respectively, be able to pull off a "call in the ring" note match against each other? I'm guessing yes, but just wanted to be sure since I've really never used that note before.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes they should have no problem</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MachoManOrton" data-cite="MachoManOrton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does the AI ever offer a contract duration other than 2 years?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes in my current TCW game I have SWF and USPW offer anywhere between 2-4 years</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You need to feature your storyline in the match. Its saying you had two workers fight for no reason. The easiest way around this is to use like the Distraction note or Interference note. This involves the storyline in the match</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They are in the storyline though. The world title match was 3 of the 4 people in the storyline.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jericho99" data-cite="Jericho99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my dirt sheet, it says that my matches are getting penalised/capped for short match. Since you can't set that in the product anymore, and I seem to have missed this feature up until this point, can anyone let me know what the go with that is?? Thanks!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Every match under 20 minutes gets capped at a base score of 80.</p><p> This has galled me a bit since I feel like I have to run multiple 20 minute matches every Raw to appease my broadcaster (who demands an 82 minimum).</p><p> </p><p> 1) Also: I'm not 100% sure the "Segment was penalized for lack of a hot storyline" works quite correctly as I've gotten that note, along with the "Segment was penalized for <storyline>'s low heat" note on matches with major participants in the storyline on opposite sides. </p><p> </p><p> 2) Starting to have a bit of a problem managing some of my younger workers. I had to cut strings with Syxx in my 96' game due to him becoming uncontrollable. Chris Jericho looks to be going the same route and Rocky Maivia and Rey Mysterio Jr. have had their sliders move to the right a bit despite not pushing them beyond midcarder and upper midcarder respectively. I know that 2016 has a mechanic where younger workers become problematic if they're pushed too soon, but is there a way to curtail this before it becomes a problem other than burying them until they're in their 30's?</p>

<p>Can overness/popularity overcome a bad disposition skill?</p><p> </p><p>

I have a wrestler in the SWF who can't really play a babyface all that well. They are below 60 points as it pertains to their skill to play such. With that in mind, if they are over enough, will they really see that much downfall (given his overness making up for it)?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alucidus" data-cite="Alucidus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Every match under 20 minutes gets capped at a base score of 80.</strong><p> This has galled me a bit since I feel like I have to run multiple 20 minute matches every Raw to appease my broadcaster (who demands an 82 minimum).</p><p> </p><p> 1) Also: I'm not 100% sure the "Segment was penalized for lack of a hot storyline" works quite correctly as I've gotten that note, along with the "Segment was penalized for <storyline>'s low heat" note on matches with major participants in the storyline on opposite sides. </p><p> </p><p> 2) Starting to have a bit of a problem managing some of my younger workers. I had to cut strings with Syxx in my 96' game due to him becoming uncontrollable. Chris Jericho looks to be going the same route and Rocky Maivia and Rey Mysterio Jr. have had their sliders move to the right a bit despite not pushing them beyond midcarder and upper midcarder respectively. I know that 2016 has a mechanic where younger workers become problematic if they're pushed too soon, but is there a way to curtail this before it becomes a problem other than burying them until they're in their 30's?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've had 14 minute matches score an 87... So I'm not sure that's entirely true.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alucidus" data-cite="Alucidus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Every match under 20 minutes gets capped at a base score of 80</strong>.<p> This has galled me a bit since I feel like I have to run multiple 20 minute matches every Raw to appease my broadcaster (who demands an 82 minimum).</p><p> </p><p> 1) Also: I'm not 100% sure the "Segment was penalized for lack of a hot storyline" works quite correctly as I've gotten that note, along with the "Segment was penalized for <storyline>'s low heat" note on matches with major participants in the storyline on opposite sides. </p><p> </p><p> 2) Starting to have a bit of a problem managing some of my younger workers. I had to cut strings with Syxx in my 96' game due to him becoming uncontrollable. Chris Jericho looks to be going the same route and Rocky Maivia and Rey Mysterio Jr. have had their sliders move to the right a bit despite not pushing them beyond midcarder and upper midcarder respectively. I know that 2016 has a mechanic where younger workers become problematic if they're pushed too soon, but is there a way to curtail this before it becomes a problem other than burying them until they're in their 30's?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The way I have interpreted what Adam has said regarding the matter, it only caps the wrestling portion of the rating. Any bonuses for overness, chemistry, crowd management, etc... will still add to the score to a point where it can exceed 80 (provided you avoid penalties that would offset the other bonuses).</p>

Question, when you go to buy out another company and you select to pillage their TV show, it says that you only get the TV show but not the TV Show slot. However, every time that I pick to buy the TV Show I also get the TV Show slot with it. Is this an error or a typo in the game?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alucidus" data-cite="Alucidus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Every match under 20 minutes gets capped at a base score of 80.<p> This has galled me a bit since I feel like I have to run multiple 20 minute matches every Raw to appease my broadcaster (who demands an 82 minimum).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>NO IT DOESN'T!</strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>NO IT DOESN'T!</strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe the cap is just the base score. I also believe I've had matches as short as at least 15 minutes that scored in the 90s. Sometimes it's a trade off where the aim you going for may get penalized for to short of a match, but if you go longer workers may get penalized for stamina. I'm also recently discovering just how drastic of an effect heat plays.</p>

I believe the cap is just the base score. I also believe I've had matches as short as at least 15 minutes that scored in the 90s. Sometimes it's a trade off where the aim you going for may get penalized for to short of a match, but if you go longer workers may get penalized for stamina. I'm also recently discovering just how drastic of an effect heat plays.

I've had 12 minute matches score in the high 80s. If you're doing WWE Alucidus and need your main event to be minimum 82, then you should just make sure your main event storyline has A* heat.

Owen Hart in my WCW game has a touring contract with NJPW I desperately want him to drop, as it makes it impossible to build a storyline around him.

I'm in the first month of the game and NJPW aren't on tour, which is fine. They're on tour in months 2 and 3... Will his contract end at the end of month 3, or could he stay signed to them beyond that?

Owen Hart in my WCW game has a touring contract with NJPW I desperately want him to drop, as it makes it impossible to build a storyline around him.

I'm in the first month of the game and NJPW aren't on tour, which is fine. They're on tour in months 2 and 3... Will his contract end at the end of month 3, or could he stay signed to them beyond that?

The touring contract will end as soon as the tour ends, so if you want exclusivity, then is the time. Though if you can sign people to writtens, you should be able to sign him away now.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="liontamer" data-cite="liontamer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They are in the storyline though. The world title match was 3 of the 4 people in the storyline.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would update the game to the latest patch then. I have never seen it do this on my games and I always run the most current patch since it takes less than 5 mins to update</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just took over as head booker of an existing promotion and want to change TV deals; is there literally no way to do this other than waiting out the contract?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can ask for a cancellation, or, you can cancel each taping and very soon you'll lose the slot and take a fine.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there some reason I can't pay a million dollar fine and renegotiate somewhere else?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, because part of the game is that losing a TV slot can have major repercussions, having an option where you get in trouble and can simply buy your way out of it would negate that. Also, I don't think you could simply tear up a contract and go somewhere else in reality, taking a fine or otherwise.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can ask for a cancellation, or, you can cancel each taping and very soon you'll lose the slot and take a fine.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wouldn't that mean I'd be unable to negotiate somewhere else for a period?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, because part of the game is that losing a TV slot can have major repercussions, having an option where you get in trouble and can simply buy your way out of it would negate that. Also, I don't think you could simply tear up a contract and go somewhere else in reality, taking a fine or otherwise.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Which is why I'm not interested in "losing" a tv slot, I'm trying to part ways with an existing provider for a contract I didn't sign, in order to sign a better one, and I'm willing to pay fake TEW dollars for the privilege. What's the point of having a stockpile of cash if you can't use it for things like this? I'm not sure why you think a company couldn't just breach its agreement, sign a deal somewhere else, and settle a resulting lawsuit?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> I'm not sure why you think a company couldn't just breach its agreement, sign a deal somewhere else, and settle a resulting lawsuit?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd imagine the company you're screwing over by leaving would be able to take legal action to stop you being shown anywhere else given that they have a valid contract. I don't think a company could just pay to have the contract ignored if the first company wasn't willing to accept the pay off.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd imagine the company you're screwing over by leaving would be able to take legal action to stop you being shown anywhere else given that they have a valid contract. I don't think a company could just pay to have the contract ignored if the first company wasn't willing to accept the pay off.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can't speak for legal systems outside of the U.S., but that's not the law in the United States. Basically in the U.S., the process would be to offer a payment in exchange for a breach, and if that doesn't work, to breach anyway. The network would have to be able to convince a court that the type of harm it suffers from the breach is so specialized and specific that it can't be compensated with money to prevent the promotion from going somewhere else, which would be a very tough sell and would be a bad idea when it came to something like a TRO because it'd have to pay a bond for all the income lost by the promotion during the lawsuit. At best, it might get to recoup the money it lost for non-performance by taking a piece of the new contract, and could get attorneys' fees on top of that, but no, it's not unrealistic for the game to "fine" you a million dollars or so to renegotiate a new deal somewhere.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I'm not sure why you think a company couldn't just breach its agreement, sign a deal somewhere else, and settle a resulting lawsuit?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Think of a television contract as having 2 things: </p><p> 1. A no compete clause stopping you from taking your show and going home prior to completing the contract if you don't like the network or whatever reason. (unless that is negotiated in advance, which no network would ever agree to. Imagine if The Walking Dead was just like "AMC doesn't have enough coverage for us we're taking the show to HBO. That's not happening if AMC doesn't agree).</p><p> </p><p> 2. The network having ownership rights for the duration of the contract in the country of broadcast. Meaning your tv show can strike a deal with foreign broadcasters so long as they don't air in a conflicting area. Again this is real world tv contracts.</p><p> </p><p> You can't just take your show to a new network mid-contract even if you have the money. The original network has to agree to release you. No new network would take on your show. The new network wouldn't risk the easy lawsuit.</p><p> </p><p> I'm talking how a television series contract works in the real world.</p>