{Hype} 1987 "The Golden Age"

Firstly thank you to the people who offered to join the team, the response surprised me to say the least :) Anyone I haven't PM'd back yet I'm very sorry, I may have deleted it back accident when clearing inbox.

Work is well underway on our first mod to be released, a complete review and edit of new features has been ongoing since Monday. We have some great new people on board who are dedicated in making TGA deeper and more polished. I have no doubt the results will be great.

Any suggestions, changes, additions etc feel free to post. One thing that's been discussed is having an alternate pic pack, which I'm open to. If anyone has any suggestions regarding that in particular let us know. It would be a huge undertaking, I am personally happy with kyky (years of use maybe conditioned me to them) so don't want to spend a large amount of time working on them.

I will post a rough ETA when possible.

With TV shows now always being "live" and with the way matches are graded for time now, have you considered maybe making Prime Time Wrestling the A show, and either Superstars or Challenge the B show? I know it's not completely ideal for the WWF in this time period, but it's probably the best compromise.

Apologies for double posting, but this just came to mind after a Skype convo with Beejus.

Workers can now be rated on selling in angles if you choose. So have you considered giving a slew of managers stats in selling? Four managers off the top of my head who were good to very good at selling were Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Jim Cornette and Slick.

Apologies for double posting, but this just came to mind after a Skype convo with Beejus.

Workers can now be rated on selling in angles if you choose. So have you considered giving a slew of managers stats in selling? Four managers off the top of my head who were good to very good at selling were Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Jim Cornette and Slick.

Dont forget JJ Dillion also was great especially doing the Hully Gully

Excellent idea. I thought Heenan in particular was an *amazing* seller.

I'd also argue that Paul Bearer's selling should be bumped up from 16%. He's not as good as the four managers Matt cites but he did manage to sell Undertaker and Kane's offense rather credibly.

Likewise, though he was 54 in 1987 and not as good as when he was an active wrestler, Captain Lou Albano's selling should be set higher than 0%.

Excellent idea. I thought Heenan in particular was an *amazing* seller.

I'd also argue that Paul Bearer's selling should be bumped up from 16%. He's not as good as the four managers Matt cites but he did manage to sell Undertaker and Kane's offense rather credibly.

Likewise, though he was 54 in 1987 and not as good as when he was an active wrestler, Captain Lou Albano's selling should be set higher than 0%.

Paul Bearer definitely sold Undertaker and Kane's offense well. And as Percy Pringle, he was very good at begging for the faces not to hurt him (though that's more managerial work than anything).

I'd agree about Lou's selling being higher than 0%, but not sure where to put it because other than letting Piper smash him in the head with a record and falling like an oak tree, I don't know of many other instances of him selling.

But yeah, Heenan was in a class all his own. Combined with great psychology, his selling and pleading for his life helped carry the Ultimate Warrior at the end of that Survivor Series match that closed the show for the 1989 Survivor Series. Warrior didn't even have to do much of anything other than the usual Warrior offense.

Genadi if you ever want me to drive from WA to QLD to give you some coffee and tim tams to help this mod just let me know. But in all seriosuness I can not wait for the realese of this mod. Papa bless. :D

Don't joke about Tim Tams! :(

Have considered it yes, they did have some but needs a look at. We're reviewing everything so that will be on the list. Thanks and don't worry about double posts, happy for the input :)

Genadi, how are you all getting in contact with each other?

We have a group chat going on our phones, it's much easier to organise this way. Smasher sorry if you sent me a PM I think I missed a few, if you can resend that would be great.

In regards to a alternate pic pack, I find the Organic style goes excellent with this mod. I played on TEW 13 and used the organic pic pack, so if you are interested I would be willing to share my collection it covers this mod pretty well.

Would be great to have a look at, thanks :)

Any suggestions, changes, additions etc feel free to post.
Since last turns and starting gimmick staleness can now be set, I'd suggest configuring Brutus Beefcake so he can effectively make a face turn and transform into his "Barber" persona at WrestleMania III.

Likewise, the Islanders turned heel in April, shortly after WrestleMania III.

Randy Savage, Paul Orndorff and Don Muraco all turned face before Survivor Series. That's pretty far away from March but maybe it makes sense to make sure none of them start out locked into a long-term heel disposition and gimmick.

I know there were other significant turns in 1987, particularly outside of the WWF, but I'm blanking on them right now.

Since last turns and starting gimmick staleness can now be set, I'd suggest configuring Brutus Beefcake so he can effectively make a face turn and transform into his "Barber" persona at WrestleMania III.

Likewise, the Islanders turned heel in April, shortly after WrestleMania III.

Randy Savage, Paul Orndorff and Don Muraco all turned face before Survivor Series. That's pretty far away from March but maybe it makes sense to make sure none of them start out locked into a long-term heel disposition and gimmick.

I know there were other significant turns in 1987, particularly outside of the WWF, but I'm blanking on them right now.

One that comes to mind is Lex Luger turning face after losing the NWA US Title at Starrcade '87 and subsequently leaving the Four Horsemen. Again, to your point, it was late 1987, but maybe set Luger to not be locked into a long-term heel disposition and gimmick.

Very pleased this is getting released first and it'll be interesting to see how the WWF backstage rating is and how much trouble will be caused by people like the Hulkster

I converted this over from 2013 just to play till this gets released. I have to say it's just not Hogan it's half the locker room backstage rating started in high 40's and went down to ZERO in two months every tv taping there are at least 4 problems backstage from steroids to hard drugs to being selfish it is a challenge to say the least but funny as it sounds the only problem I had with Hogan was when he fought somebody who was wasted on drugs he wanted them fired so I did then he created a backstage clique with Jimmy Hart and someone else. Any RW mod in the 80's and early 90's are going to be a challenge with the new game dynamics.

I converted this over from 2013 just to play till this gets released. I have to say it's just not Hogan it's half the locker room backstage rating started in high 40's and went down to ZERO in two months every tv taping there are at least 4 problems backstage from steroids to hard drugs to being selfish it is a challenge to say the least but funny as it sounds the only problem I had with Hogan was when he fought somebody who was wasted on drugs he wanted them fired so I did then he created a backstage clique with Jimmy Hart and someone else. Any RW mod in the 80's and early 90's are going to be a challenge with the new game dynamics.

I remember in Final Countdown's Golden Age and Beyond diary, Macho Man has been heck to work with. I know there are the stories with him and Elizabeth, but a lot of wrestlers put him over as someone who was very giving and went out of his way to help up and comers. If anything, maybe scale him back a bit on his personality. There are others whose personalities might need looking at because I think a lot of them might have been inherited from other mods and may have never been looked at. And while lifestyles has been changed up this year, it still might be worth taking a look at them. Just my two cents.

The Golden Age is such a satisfying mod to play, there aren't many workers I could think to add. I did find a few colorful and/or frequently used jobbers who might warrant inclusion:

Al Navarro

Brian Costello

Dave Wagner

Don Driggers

Jerry Allen

Johnny K-9

Mario Mancini

Pete Doherty

Rick Renslow

Rusty Brooks

And then, for WrestleMania III historical purists, I could see an argument for:

Alice Cooper

Aretha Franklin

Bob Uecker

Mary Hart

(Again, not that these celebrities are necessary, but they were part of WrestleMania III and were featured on WWF TV in the build up to the PPV.)

The Golden Age is such a satisfying mod to play, there aren't many workers I could think to add. I did find a few colorful and/or frequently used jobbers who might warrant inclusion:

Al Navarro

Brian Costello

Dave Wagner

Don Driggers

Jerry Allen

Johnny K-9

Mario Mancini

Pete Doherty

Rick Renslow

Rusty Brooks

Alice Cooper

Aretha Franklin

Bob Uecker

Mary Hart

(Again, not that these celebrities are necessary, but they were part of WrestleMania III and were featured on WWF TV in the build up to the PPV.)

I would definitely be on board with those jobbers being added, especially with the new Hire Local feature. I believe I have both Brian Costello and Rusty Brooks in my Risky Business mod. I know justtxyank has most of those (including Brian Costello) in Rising Storms, but obviously stats and pop would need to be tweaked for 1987.

I would definitely be on board with those jobbers being added, especially with the new Hire Local feature. I believe I have both Brian Costello and Rusty Brooks in my Risky Business mod. I know justtxyank has most of those (including Brian Costello) in Rising Storms, but obviously stats and pop would need to be tweaked for 1987.
I'm very much looking forward to the Hire Local feature myself. It's the perfect time period for it -- "Who's in town and up for getting squashed?"

As a non-modder, I don't like the idea of making extra work for you, Genadi or the rest of the modding community. So I'm glad there's interest in these guys and there are versions of them already completed in other mods. That should make bringing them in a little quicker/easier.

Al Navarro

Brian Costello

Dave Wagner

Don Driggers

Jerry Allen

Johnny K-9

Mario Mancini

Pete Doherty

Rick Renslow

Rusty Brooks

Alice Cooper

Aretha Franklin

Bob Uecker

Mary Hart

Aretha Franklin would be great to have, she could easily work a scaffold match with Alice Cooper in a blood feud in the memphis territory.

Archived