• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DatIsraeliGuy" data-cite="DatIsraeliGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Whenever I play TCW, it takes like 4 months for anyone from USPW or SWF to have his contract expiring and even then it's usually Robbie goddamn Retro or something along those lines, meanwhile you get one of the greatest Figurehead material workers in the bloody game</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Believe me, I know I got very lucky with that! (Should probably keep reminding myself this when booking too...)</p>

Could always do a Bullet Club like split where each guy has other members backing him as the leader. Could lead to some fun multi-man matches. Khoklov could be the wall the champ hides behind. Chord could be the turncoat who starts off on one side but eventually moves to the other b/c "it's just business". Either that or the title match loser reaches out to Bach for help tearing down the group.

I actually really like the latter... When either Andrews or Hawkins loses, they remind Khoklov that they "brought him into the company, and now he need to help save it!"... Could lead to a title re-match, with a tag team match at a PPV thrown in to further the feud.

Another option, as you said, is to begin adding more members and have the group split in two, all leading up to the title match.

TCW Total Mayhem XX

Freddy Huggins beat Bart Biggins to retain the International title. (B) Mighty Mo's reign as the International champion was a short one, lasting just 2 weeks, as a shoot injury to Valiant saw the big guy get moved into the Total Mayhem match. Wanting all titles to be defended on this show, I made the switch to Huggins, while Bart won a 4-way match for this shot, going over Eddie Chandler, Darryl Devine and Elliot Thomas. This was a decent opener packed with high spots, with Huggins winning after Bart missed a big splash.

The Behemoths beat Danny Fonzarelli and Benny Benson. (C-) I like Danny Fonz, but he was fairly screwed over by time decline in this game, and when his contract expired wanted far more than I thought he was worth. This was his PPV farewell, pairing with Benny Benson - somewhat lost in the midcard as I have so many people I like more - to do a decent job of putting the former champions over as a major threat.

Marc Speed beat Human Arsenal (B) - Arsenal ran his former tag partner out of town for holding onto submission holds too long and seeking to permanently injure people, so when Marc Speed started doing the same thing, it was no real surprise to see HA come down to save Jimmy Foxx from the Cross Armbreaker. The pair would go on to distract each other causing key losses, with RDJ and Sammy Bach going over Speed and Chord when Arsenal's appearance caused Speed to run from the ring to attack him, while the Puero Rican Boys benefitted from rolling up Jeremie Courtney as Arsenal jawed with Speed. The sheer obnoxiousness of Marc Speed - who may well be the biggest jerk in a semi-regular tag team with JAY CHORD - seems to have massively gotten under HA's skin, causing him to lose the focus he's renowned for. This match was a sign of that too, with HA seemingly needled by Speed enough times that he missed a couple of good opportunities to put the younger guy away. In the end, a low blow when the referee wasn't looking changed the momentum, and Speed got his biggest scalp yet with the Cross Armbreaker.

Edd Stone and Troy Tornado went to a 30 minute time limit draw (B+) - Troy Tornado was knocking down everyone Rocky Golden gave him in his quest to earn a title shot at Total Mayhem, until he fought Edd Stone for the second time and Edd pulled out the victory. Edd thought that should get him the shot, Troy felt that 7 wins in a row deserved the shot despite this loss, and Wolf Hawkins felt that given how close he came back in March, he should get it. A three-way between the trio saw Hawkins take the victory and get the chance to challenge for the title, and left this pair infuriated at each other. They clashed here in an excellent contest, with plenty of close chances for both men, but neither was able to get the victory.

New Wave beat Puerto Rican Boys to retain the tag titles (B) - Kid San Juan and Island Boy Apollo had been on a roll throughout the month of May, defeating The Elite, Matt Hocking and Bart Biggins, Freddy Huggins and Eddie Chandler, The New Machines, and Tana and Mo to make themselves the clear choice for a shot. This was a hard-fought battle with plenty of near falls on both sides, but in the end it was the veteran champions who retained the belts.

In a Total Mayhem match, RDJ, Sammy Bach, Joshua Taylor and Mighty Mo beat Bruce The Giant, Bryan Vessey, Eddie Peak and Jay Chord (B+) - With Bach having already accepted Bruce's challenge for the show when an enraged Ricky Dale Johnson - desperate for revenge on Goldworthy - returned, Goldworthy persuaded the pair to take on his team in Total Mayhem. The teams changed several times in the build-up to this - a shoot injury to Valiant saw Mighty Mo thrown in, while Buddy Garner was initially announced as the fourth man for the heels. Jay Chord took exception to this, saying that Vessey should fill the quota for guys who were 20 years past their prime - much to the annoyance of Garner AND Vessey - and that he should be the fourth man. Garner put his place in the match on the line at the final TV show before the PPV, and Chord backed his boasting up with a great victory in an excellent match.

The Total Mayhem match itself lived up to its name, but also provided plenty of great moments. Sammy Bach would put his team two-nil up at one point, rolling up a showboating Chord before getting Vessey to submit to Bach on Your Back, but Bruce's massive choke slam of Mo would pull one fall back and Jay Chord would take his team into the lead, pinning both RDJ and Mo with that devastating Cradle Piledriver. A groggy RDJ, though, would recover enough to tag back in later and use Southern Justice to pin Bryan Vessey, and with the scores level and time running out, Bach locked Bach on Your Back onto long-time nemesis Eddie Peak, who passed out in the hold to give the face team a 4-3 victory.

Rocky Golden beat Wolf Hawkins to retain the World title (A) - Troy Tornado seemed to have the title shot locked up until Edd Stone beat him, and as detailed above, Wolf Hawkins took advantage of that to get another shot at Golden by winning a 3-way. If anything he came even closer than he did last time, but somehow Rocky had the Full Moon Rising scouted too well to allow Hawkins to hit it, and eventually Wolf fell victim to the Rocky Road.

A overall.

I just started a TCW save in the 2018 mod of the Cornellverse and I can’t get a rating high than an 80. I’m using my top guys in the main event and it’s still tough to get over it. Is there something I can do with my road agent notes? I pick my match type, who wins and if somebody needs to be kept strong.

I just started a TCW save in the 2018 mod of the Cornellverse and I can’t get a rating high than an 80. I’m using my top guys in the main event and it’s still tough to get over it. Is there something I can do with my road agent notes? I pick my match type, who wins and if somebody needs to be kept strong.

How good is their momentum? I generally use TV shows to boost top guys by having them go over upper midcarders, and PPVs are the main time I have main eventer a clash. On my B show (or if you don’t have one in weeks they’re not facing MEs) UMs get wins to boost THEIR momentum. Key road agent notes for me are call in ring for all your top guys, all out for matches under 15 minutes, slow build for longer than 20. Can’t remember if 2018 ME scene is significantly different to 2016, but guys like Wolf, Jay, Aaron, Vessey it time decline isn’t too bad, and Bach if not in time decline should be able to put on good 25 minute matches.

How good is their momentum? I generally use TV shows to boost top guys by having them go over upper midcarders, and PPVs are the main time I have main eventer a clash. On my B show (or if you don’t have one in weeks they’re not facing MEs) UMs get wins to boost THEIR momentum. Key road agent notes for me are call in ring for all your top guys, all out for matches under 15 minutes, slow build for longer than 20. Can’t remember if 2018 ME scene is significantly different to 2016, but guys like Wolf, Jay, Aaron, Vessey it time decline isn’t too bad, and Bach if not in time decline should be able to put on good 25 minute matches.

I’ll try that next time I play and see if that helps! With guys like Wolf and Golden I should be able to get 90 plus match ratings and better overall show ratings.

Great choice in mod ;)

I'm playing with TCW in it too, but so many years in its become harder to get low ratings than high ones lol

Great choice in mod ;)

I'm playing with TCW in it too, but so many years in its become harder to get low ratings than high ones lol

I feel better now lol. I tried what the other person said on the last page and it has helped quite a bit.

What’s tough is trying to sign wrestlers from other top promotions because they either up it too much or they barely do anything and yet they still resign. It took me giving KC Glenn the world in order to pry him away.

I feel better now lol. I tried what the other person said on the last page and it has helped quite a bit.

What’s tough is trying to sign wrestlers from other top promotions because they either up it too much or they barely do anything and yet they still resign. It took me giving KC Glenn the world in order to pry him away.

I had that issue, I remember my SWF save too, giving ROGUE close to 100k, creative control, treated like an icon etc.

Only to immediately realise he was one of my weakest main eventers lol only now hed never lose, so he was just used to elevate midcard talent !

In TCW I did manage to get Tommy Cornell back, and some SWF midcard guys like Mikey James and Steven Parker, but yeah you can't go out and steal the top USPW guys

• 3 months later...

This corona virus lockdown edition of my TCW save is coming up on Total Mayhem and going super well compared to my normal saves. I actually think this might be my first A+ event with TCW I've had in TEW2016.

Eddie Peak and Sammy Bach have been all-stars so far and I'm thinking about giving Bach the belt, especially since he's somehow never had it during his time in TCW up to this point.

TCW.png

Eric Tyler came in as the corrupt new commissioner who keeps giving title shots to former DAVE members and now I'm thinking about just making a full on stable of the former DAVE guys Eddie Peak, Jay Darkness, Scout, Guide and (maybe) Sammy Bach to start but I don't have any name for em other just calling them DAVE alumni up to this point lol. So I'm open to suggestions if anyone has em!

This corona virus lockdown edition of my TCW save is coming up on Total Mayhem and going super well compared to my normal saves. I actually think this might be my first A+ event with TCW I've had in TEW2016.

Eddie Peak and Sammy Bach have been all-stars so far and I'm thinking about giving Bach the belt, especially since he's somehow never had it during his time in TCW up to this point.

TCW.png

Eric Tyler came in as the corrupt new commissioner who keeps giving title shots to former DAVE members and now I'm thinking about just making a full on stable of the former DAVE guys Eddie Peak, Jay Darkness, Scout, Guide and (maybe) Sammy Bach to start but I don't have any name for em other just calling them DAVE alumni up to this point lol. So I'm open to suggestions if anyone has em!

When I TCW I signed RAW guys away and just called the stable RAW. Just called the stable DAVE it works

During the early 90s, WCW had a wrestler named Dave Sullivan, Kevin Sullivan's kayfabe brother, who had a gimmick where he was dyslexic (pretty sure this couldn't be done today) and would sometimes spell his name as EVAD. Gave me the idea that if you didn't want to directly refer to the stable as DAVE, you could dub them E.V.A.D. -- Extreme Violence And Danger.

During the early 90s, WCW had a wrestler named Dave Sullivan, Kevin Sullivan's kayfabe brother, who had a gimmick where he was dyslexic (pretty sure this couldn't be done today) and would sometimes spell his name as EVAD. Gave me the idea that if you didn't want to directly refer to the stable as DAVE, you could dub them E.V.A.D. -- Extreme Violence And Danger.

Dave sullivan was such a horrible worker but that EVAD character was pretty good back then. Fond memeories!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DeBosco" data-cite="DeBosco" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Eric Tyler came in as the corrupt new commissioner who keeps giving title shots to former DAVE members and now I'm thinking about just making a full on stable of the former DAVE guys Eddie Peak, Jay Darkness, Scout, Guide and (maybe) Sammy Bach to start but I don't have any name for em other just calling them DAVE alumni up to this point lol. So I'm open to suggestions if anyone has em!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Devil's Leftovers.</p>

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...