<p>Playing a 2005 TCW game and having a blast. </p><p> </p><p>

Was able to steal Eisaku Kunomasu, Raymond Diaz, Dan Stone Jr, Duane Stone, Edd Stone, Akima Brave, and Kid Toma</p><p> </p><p>

Kunomasu has shot up in the rankings. He originally autopushes to upper mid card, but after a few months is a clear main eventer. I had him win my Royal Rumble(High Stakes) Match and is going to main event Total Mayhem Against Bryan Vessey and Tommy Cornell in a triple threat match. Vessey is the current world champ, but GM Sam Strong enjoyed Vessey/Cornell so much, he wanted to give Cornell a shot at reclaiming his belt.</p><p> </p><p>

Really excited to see what rating the match gets as the different combos of Vessey, Kunomasu, and Cornell in singles matches rate at A’s each time.</p>

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I always try, but fail to get into TCW but I was thinking about this earlier and it started to bother me. Don't you think that if a toy company bought out a wrestling company they would start to push them more to a sport entertainment style model to attract more children to watch the program. To me it only makes sense since a toy company's main "buyers" are children and right now TCW is probably not the most child-friendly product. </p><p> </p><p>

What are your thoughts? I may eventually do a dynasty, as I remember somebody on the boards did one a while back that BitCo "gave" them goals to push certain workers based off of toy sales.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moafnsteel" data-cite="moafnsteel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I always try, but fail to get into TCW but I was thinking about this earlier and it started to bother me. Don't you think that if a toy company bought out a wrestling company they would start to push them more to a sport entertainment style model to attract more children to watch the program. To me it only makes sense since a toy company's main "buyers" are children and right now TCW is probably not the most child-friendly product. <p> </p><p> What are your thoughts? I may eventually do a dynasty, as I remember somebody on the boards did one a while back that BitCo "gave" them goals to push certain workers based off of toy sales.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've thought about this too, but I always make TCW a pop=perf promotion because I don't think BriCo would want to completely change the identity of the company. That said, in my head canon, BriCo is the CornellVerse version of McFarlane Toys where they're more aimed at teens, young adults, and collectors.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I never really bought TCW as totally perf > pop. "Welcome to TCW, where we eschew the gaudy gimmicks in favor of hard-hitting wrestling action. Now, please enjoy tonight's featured tag team bout where two Army men face off against a shark guy and a Greek monster dude."</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Killer Shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo</p><p> Killer Shark!</p>

<p>I don’t think TCW was ever a “pure wrestling” product as much as it was traditional American style that just includes longer matches (and therefore likes people who can work more).</p><p> </p><p>

They are still very mainstream and traditional at their core. They just supplement it with performance based attributes rather than Edgy content (SWF)</p><p> </p><p>

Their obsession with untalented monsters though, that bothers me much more than gimmicks. Killer Shark sucks, American Buffalo has been around forever, why hire Titan at all? Etc. Brandon Smith and Findlay O’Farraday right there and you hire TITAN?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I usually get Shark up to decent skills but I don’t honestly see a place for him in the big picture of the company. By the time he’s decent enough to sniff main events you could probably have Primus Allen if you want.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh, yeah, SWF lets go a LOT of monsters who can go in the ring. Primus, Ekuma, Scythe, occasionally Bear Bekowski (if you want to put up with his attitude), etc. And then there are the guys in various regional companies- Hell's Bouncer (if you can snag him before USPW does), etc.</p>

Guys like Killer Shark being in TCW makes perfect sense to me. After all, TCW's core idea is that wrestling is a serious sport and the ultimate display of skill and athleticism. And what's better for that than a smaller babyface beating a huge monster heel through raw skill, agility, and determination? Monster heels fit the TCW product really well if you ask me.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh, yeah, SWF lets go a LOT of monsters who can go in the ring. Primus, Ekuma, Scythe, occasionally Bear Bekowski (if you want to put up with his attitude), etc. And then there are the guys in various regional companies- Hell's Bouncer (if you can snag him before USPW does), etc.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> SWF lets go of basically everyone in their developmental for some reason. Spencer Spade and Primus Allen are usually let go and are great pickups</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've thought about this too, but I always make TCW a pop=perf promotion because I don't think BriCo would want to completely change the identity of the company. That said, in my head canon, BriCo is the CornellVerse version of McFarlane Toys where they're more aimed at teens, young adults, and collectors.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That was what I was thinking about in my head, and I really like that comparison too. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>BrokenCycle How would you define "child friendly" though? Kids, especially boys, naturally like dudes in spandex fighting each other. Doesn't really mean that a wrestling company needs to have Doinks running around all show to appeal to them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I wouldn't say needing Doinks running around but I think something more akin to WWE with larger than life characters, some comedy segments, at least a few masked wrestlers to help sell masks, and maybe even a John Cena-rip off to sell a billion different shirts each month lol.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don’t think TCW was ever a “pure wrestling” product as much as it was traditional American style that just includes longer matches (and therefore likes people who can work more).<p> </p><p> They are still very mainstream and traditional at their core. They just supplement it with performance based attributes rather than Edgy content (SWF)</p><p> </p><p> Their obsession with untalented monsters though, that bothers me much more than gimmicks. Killer Shark sucks, American Buffalo has been around forever, why hire Titan at all? Etc. Brandon Smith and Findlay O’Farraday right there and you hire TITAN?</p></div></blockquote><p> Not to mention missing out on Matthew Keith and KC Glenn too. TCW really had some big misses since 2010 outside of landing Jay Chord</p>

<p>Killer Shark can turn into a GREAT monster heel if he’s used in menace angels (i usually create promos that are judged off menace) and a booked strongly. I had him in my SCCW save get to B popularity in the country thanks to iPPV and he was regular putting on B- matches in a regional promotion. </p><p> </p><p>

TCW definitely has missed on some guys. Though they’re in a position at the start of the game to raid some of the strong young talent out there — Gauge, Remus, etc... and have them bolster their roster.</p>

I grew on to dislike Greg Gauge after seeing how he always shows up on every major promotion diary ever and how people always sign him right off the bat every time. Same reason that made me not too fond of Matt Keith and glad they're locked in Japan now. I usually try to stay away from obvious signings like Greg or Frankie Perez unless I have something planned for them. I find it more fun to take guys like Frankie Dee and see where I can take them.

<p>I always viewed that nothing is more traditional in a way than a monster heel that is just big and scary and menacing. And they figured well they look that part and you can book around the rest. Killer Shark can be really good. One of my favorite hires for TCW is American Demolition(Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Findlay O'Farraday) because they can be a better mauler tag team than what you have(and I hate Titan)</p><p> </p><p>

It might seem typical but I also like hiring Tiger Salvaje Jr and El Jaguar. I tend to like hiring tag teams and TCW could use an infusion of new teams.</p>

<p>I've been playing TCW, and it's been going well. We're at the end of July 2016, haven't dropped to Cult, but USPW and SWF have (and yet somehow, we're still on #3?!?). Total Mayhem XX got Show Of the Year So Far with a 97 rating (WOO!), as well as Young Wrestler Of The Year So Far (Xavi Ferrera). Haven't lost too many people except for some of the older guys who were going to get culled sooner rather than later (Human Arsenal, Fonzarelli), and I've managed to poach some folks from elsewhere (Emily McQueen, Randy Bumfhole, and Angry Gilmore).</p><p> </p><p>

Also started up a Women's Division, and that's going well. When playing USPW or SWF, I'll hire unemployed women, as you have ways to get them over quickly (Eye Candy matches for the latter, just start your own network and spam B shows for the former) that aren't available to TCW at the start, so I've been hiring established talent (though for AAA or QAW, I'll wait until they get cut or USPW or NOTBPW go after them first). I've got Melody, Raven Nightfall, Sara Marie York, J-Ro, Suzanne Brazzle, Tracy Brendon (who I was going to hire anyway for Josh Taylor), Charity Sweet, Ariel Breaks (Melody's protege), Charity Sweet, Claire Winters (who I've seen usually get picked up as a protege by some of the talent that I have), Talia Quinzel (ditto), Jaime Quine, and The A-List. A lot of the younger talents are on either the NBT or Hot Prospects list, and Claire is on both, so she's definitely a keeper.</p><p> </p><p>

I will admit to a small cheat- I went into the editor and tweaked the Auto Booker AI to put more 3 on 3 matches on TV.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SIser187" data-cite="SIser187" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I always viewed that nothing is more traditional in a way than a monster heel that is just big and scary and menacing. And they figured well they look that part and you can book around the rest. Killer Shark can be really good. One of my favorite hires for TCW is American Demolition(Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Findlay O'Farraday) because they can be a better mauler tag team than what you have(and I hate Titan)<p> </p><p> It might seem typical but I also like hiring Tiger Salvaje Jr and El Jaguar. I tend to like hiring tag teams and TCW could use an infusion of new teams.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't hate on Titan! Fred Head is very undervalued, in my opinion. When he gets some positive momentum on his side, he really puts out some good performances.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Don't hate on Titan! Fred Head is very undervalued, in my opinion. When he gets some positive momentum on his side, he really puts out some good performances.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe you have better luck with him than me but I find he doesn't deliver for me plus he has given me more backstage trouble than Jay Chord. When you provoke the CEO into a fight and punch him...</p>

<p>I want to do a long game with TCW but something is just missing from them. They have no soul for me since Tommy left.</p><p> </p><p>

Everything could do with developing and with the amount of changes I want to do it doesn't quite feel like TCW anymore.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I love a strong tag division, it can really help build stars and keep UMC/MC over. TCW needs 4 more teams really. Tigre Salvaj/ El Janguar , Storm/ Marval, Finday / Bulldozer, Massive Thunder on PPA and maybe use Dean Wardorf and Marv Slater (Jobbers) . I'd bring in some other disposable tag teams.</p><p> </p><p>

I normally made Mobstar and Cali Slick a tag team, they're very very solid and can do a job UMC as singles too.</p><p> </p><p>

Have New wave on top until some of the others are built</p><p> </p><p>

I'd hire Greg as why not, he has the lineage and the skill and easy to book. Maybe Tag him with Chord.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd hire Kid Fantastic, with the right luck he can he be a shawn Michaels.</p><p> </p><p>

California Love Machine and ACID II, Both are midcard forever types most of the time but solid mainstays that are quite handy. </p><p> </p><p>

Ant-Man - great character to book and with the right roll can do big things.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I want to do a long game with TCW but something is just missing from them. They have no soul for me since Tommy left.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it could be fun to book the promotion exactly like this. Everyone books their promotions as if they're good bookers. How about booking a promotion like you're lost and confused and trying to find your way? How about making really weird decisions that try to relive TCW's past glory, but just come across as lame?</p>

• 2 weeks later...