Since there is always a SWF thread i figured there need to be a thread for TCW this year. I know a ton of people love SWF but for some odd reason TCW has always capture my attention ever since TEW2010. This year is no exception I believe even tho its 3rd in the rankings TCW has its best chance to be #1.

The roster has took a few hits losing joey minnesota to SWF and losing Tommy Cornell as well as a few others. The product is mostly the same although you can have a few more angles without changing the product. But with star quality being more important than ever Rocky Golden makes the perfect Figurehead. He has improved in the ring as well. Aaron Andrews in the main event that is great.

The starting storylines are good, i have kept them between 77 and 91 heat for a month in the beta. Aaron andrews brought in Marat Kholov who interfered in the main event at when hell freezes over to keep his belt via dq.

Only thing TCW needs is more tag teams. The behemoths having the belts is a little bafflng since there have basically no popularity. A strong authority figure is what i hope to find when i start my official game once the full version is available..

so what do you think?

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tag team scene is a complete mess. I made developmental territory and sent Shark and Titan down as soon as I got the belts off them. I wanted to put the belts on New Wave but Guide picked up an injury and was out for a couple weeks so Divine Fortune got them instead.

As for additions to the division I'm considering doing a student-teacher like team with Brent Hill and Ernest Youngman. I also picked up Rich and Famous from CZCW but they need some building up before being placed in the title hunt.

I actually don't think the tag ranks are as bad as they first look (apart from Shark and Titan holding the belts). Both Devine Fortune and the Canadian Animals are perfectly capable of holding the titles and seem to perform well above what their stats should allow in the game I've got going.

Outside of the behemoths the other 4 tag teams are good at producing quality matches just not really good angles. I have left the titles on the behemoths just because not better storylines came to mind. Plus they are giants so they beat a tag team down every week.

I picked up fro sure and kp avatar is my user character are a tag team Omega Squad. I think Nelsom Callum and kirk jameson are gonna debut as a tag team soon..

I picked up Marat Kolkov and TCW took the lead in the national battles. I sent Killer Shark and Titan to a developmental territory and have the titles on the canadian animals at the moment. There feuding with the new wave. The Rocky Aaron feud and the Wolf/Joshua feud are both flying. I have Marat and Sammy Bach feuding, to try increase Bach's overness with Marat's menace, to improve the national battle score.

I'm at a loss at what to do with a few lads though. Danny Fonzarelli, Troy Tornado, Vessey, Human Arsenal, Joel Bryant. I'm thinking of reforming the Machines. I like them as a tag team. I have brought Stevie Grayson in and reformed the All American Boys. The two of them can produce good match's together even though Grayson is always the weak link.

Ive started a stable with Andrews, Wolf, Freddy and Ed Stone. I might put some of the older heels into one as well.

It seems easier to get money in this version, and 1.5m profit in month one with a second tv programme.

i am always at a lost as what to do with Tornado, in previous versions he didnt do well for me. Right now he is trying to out wrestle human arsenal and failing . i dont know if this is going to turn into a mutual respect kind of deal where they tag for a while then turn and have a big match at Total Mayhem ala aj and y2j. MY Plan is for Ace to defend his title at total mayhem against Wolf, taylor and Bach. While Rocky goes one on one with Marat since he is pissed that he keeps costing him the title. The international title scene is murky right now as Chance fortune one at when hell freezes over and since im not to thrilled with marc speed i dont know what im going to

Im hoping to find some unsung heroes on my roster to push

I actually don't think the tag ranks are as bad as they first look (apart from Shark and Titan holding the belts). Both Devine Fortune and the Canadian Animals are perfectly capable of holding the titles and seem to perform well above what their stats should allow in the game I've got going.

Outside of the behemoths the other 4 tag teams are good at producing quality matches just not really good angles. I have left the titles on the behemoths just because not better storylines came to mind. Plus they are giants so they beat a tag team down every week.

I picked up fro sure and kp avatar is my user character are a tag team Omega Squad. I think Nelsom Callum and kirk jameson are gonna debut as a tag team soon..

I actually really like the Behemoths being the champs. I've already built both up around 10 points in pop. They've both got great menace, and both are young. I like the story as to where they're running rampid on the tag scene, nobody can beat them. Plus Troy Tornado & Wolf Hawkins have told me that Shark is a future star and is worth pushing.

I actually really like the Behemoths being the champs. I've already built both up around 10 points in pop. They've both got great menace, and both are young. I like the story as to where they're running rampid on the tag scene, nobody can beat them. Plus Troy Tornado & Wolf Hawkins have told me that Shark is a future star and is worth pushing.

I really like Shark (and he's a NBT in my current save), but Titan is just a lump. I want the belts off of them so I can push Shark solo :p

I don't agree. The Machines were part of the main event storyline for TCW on the stable with Cornell and Hawkins. They were above the tag team titles. And now with age catching up with them, I would assume TCW management just wanted to feature other tag teams.

Plus, the Canadian Animals are the best.

I really love TCW but I agree with the tag team scene. It is kinda a mess. I like to get Greg Black as a tag team partner for Benny Benson.

And I miss the All Action Title. I tried to reactivate it, but the roster is too bad for it. I have to get new worker for this title.

I don't agree. The Machines were part of the main event storyline for TCW on the stable with Cornell and Hawkins. They were above the tag team titles. And now with age catching up with them, I would assume TCW management just wanted to feature other tag teams.

Plus, the Canadian Animals are the best.

They may have been above it, but they should be known as one of the best ever. They don't get nominated for the hall of fame for TCW, but the Candian Animals are. Thats just wrong.

Just held my first PPV, Malice in Wonderland 2016. B+ overall which isn't too shabby considering the roster.

Aaron Andrews went over Rocky in the main event to retain the title with a little help from the surprise debut of the night, Marat Khoklov. Brought in Khoklov to help with the national battles which he's immediately done since we won January's. He's obviously not the best worker though so I'll be keeping him in menace angles and squashes outside of pay per views. Can't have Rocky lose two PPV's on the bounce and I can't have Khoklov lose his first, so I'm running with the story that Khoklov injures Rocky and Ricky Dale Johnson, who's coming off a win over American Buffalo, steps in as his first big opponent at War to Settle the Score. Rocky and Andrews had bad chemistry so that means Rocky will be out of the title picture for the foreseeable future so the Khoklov feud will likely run a while.

Bryan Vessey was set to go over Sammy Bach to set up a rubber match at War but he ended up getting a major concussion leading to an audible being called and Sammy getting the win. I had big plans for Vessey as the ageing grumpy vet but he's out for a year plus. My loss is Sammy's gain though because the injury and win means he'll now be stepping up to challenge Andrews for the World title.

Wolf Hawkins went over Joshua Taylor thanks to a little help from Jay Chord and Greg Gauge (who debuted earlier in the night helping Chord go over Mighty Mo) who allied with Hawkins to form The New Syndicate. Thinking of adding Brent Hill to the group as the enforcer. Hopefully working with Wolf can help Chord and Gauge step up as the future main eventers I want them to be.

The newly formed Extreme Alliance (Eddie Peak & Troy Tornado) got a win over Benny Benson & Danny Fonzarelli and then continued to attack the pair post-match until Groucho Bling made his debut, saving Benson. Going to be running the newly reformed High Concept against The Extreme Alliance for the next month or two and then they'll both boost my painfully poor tag division. Right now Killer Shark & Titan have the gold having just retained against Devine Fortune and they're not doing too bad, so with those two teams, my two new duos and The New Wave waiting in the wings things are looking up.

Elsewhere Marc Speed retained the International title over Bart Biggins in what was basically a throwaway feud. Not sure where to take Speed or the title if I'm honest, his next feud against Danny Fonzarelli is basically another placeholder until I can figure it out. Got a fun angle running with Edd Stone getting cosy with Laura Huggins which isn't going down too well with Freddy or Vita, so that'll lead to the team exploding and hopefully a push for both of them up the card. Aside from that I also brought in Ricky DeColt who's been attacking Nate Johnson for weeks in a sort of worked shoot angle but Nate's been turning the locker room against Ricky, so I'm not sure how long his tenure will last.

Few ideas I have for running as TCW

Soon in make a stable with Andrews as leader. Thinking of Chord and maybe muscle being Eddie Peak. Maybe later on add Edd Stone to group.

Bring in new team, possibly named New Machines

Like the idea of International title scene being Speed, Chord, Mo, Benson, Biggins, maybe Tornado.

Another new team would be Taylor and Devine. Seems like they would go good with each other.

Want to eventually build up to big Andrew v Hawkins match

i never know what to do with the two valets its an odd thing for a tag to have two different managers. I use Floyd like he is Heyman. He gets a lot of heat for American Buffalo. . Eddie peak is difficult to book especially with Marat on the same roster.. They do the same thing Marat is just better..

Few ideas I have for running as TCW

Soon in make a stable with Andrews as leader. Thinking of Chord and maybe muscle being Eddie Peak. Maybe later on add Edd Stone to group.

Bring in new team, possibly named New Machines

Like the idea of International title scene being Speed, Chord, Mo, Benson, Biggins, maybe Tornado.

Another new team would be Taylor and Devine. Seems like they would go good with each other.

Want to eventually build up to big Andrew v Hawkins match

Thats a good stable, especially if Chord gets to main event scene the eventual turn on andrews should produce some good matches. I would suggest leaving stone out and adding either a Vet that can talk the losses for the stable or a indie guy (GREG GAUGE)..

You could use stone in an all Canadian stable with the elite and canadian animals to tear it up on the mid card.

Thats a good stable, especially if Chord gets to main event scene the eventual turn on andrews should produce some good matches. I would suggest leaving stone out and adding either a Vet that can talk the losses for the stable or a indie guy (GREG GAUGE)..

You could use stone in an all Canadian stable with the elite and canadian animals to tear it up on the mid card.

With a Canadian stable if I could get a Steve DeColt, I would really enjoy booking something like that

Golden has bad chemistry with Khoklov, Hawkins and Andrews and only 2 months in, would've started a new save if it weren't for the fact I'd spent 30 minutes setting up a dev fed etc. :(

Anyone have any stories on broadcaster changes? Both I feel are a tad to small but I've got 2 years left with Pop Network.