Was gonna to a top ten tips or something for TCW, since its one of my favorite promotions in the Cverse. Haven't had time yet. I will mention that you will want to focus on building up new stars and accept that you are likely to lose top stars to the bigger promotions. If you want to see, run a 3 or 4 year test sim watcher game to see what happens.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a lot of the workers in TCW, but I prefer playing popularity=performance or popularity>performance. I know it's everyone's own save game and they can do what they want, but does anyone else adjust the product to pop=performance?

I'm trying it and tying it into a story where I bring in a couple big oafs (lead by Marat with Steel, Justice Jolson and Bull Wrecker at his side) where they start feuding and going over established, technically talented wrestlers (Brett Hill, Human Arensel and Joel Bryant, lead by Joshua Taylor). These guys cheat, the defenders of pure TCW wrestling don't, they clash between traditional values and wrestling and "what wrestling should be", that kinda stuff. It doesn't totally go with TCW canon since they've had some below average workers in the upper echelons of their ranks before. This is really just me trying to justify in the actual storyline the changing of the product to something that I enjoy more but also trying to make a guy like Bull Wrecker TCW champion which can still be challenging.

Anyone else playing around with something like this?

I like a lot of the workers in TCW, but I prefer playing popularity=performance or popularity>performance. I know it's everyone's own save game and they can do what they want, but does anyone else adjust the product to pop=performance?

I'm trying it and tying it into a story where I bring in a couple big oafs (lead by Marat with Steel, Justice Jolson and Bull Wrecker at his side) where they start feuding and going over established, technically talented wrestlers (Brett Hill, Human Arensel and Joel Bryant, lead by Joshua Taylor). These guys cheat, the defenders of pure TCW wrestling don't, they clash between traditional values and wrestling and "what wrestling should be", that kinda stuff. It doesn't totally go with TCW canon since they've had some below average workers in the upper echelons of their ranks before. This is really just me trying to justify in the actual storyline the changing of the product to something that I enjoy more but also trying to make a guy like Bull Wrecker TCW champion which can still be challenging.

Anyone else playing around with something like this?

I'm with ya 100% my dude. I always turn TCW to 60% match TV 80% match PPV and pop>perf. To me they just have too many characters I want to explore and perf>pop doesn't help that and being able to do 20% angles at the start limits me so I always change them to sports ent. :)

I will usually drop the Realism a level, which makes them Performance equals Popularity. Then I adjust the Match/Angle ratio down by 10% as well. I think keeping them as a workrate based promotion makes them unique, rather than having the compete absolutely directly against two other bigger Sports Entertainment giants already in the US.

I just debuted a new stable called Poison of God lead by Samael The Accuser. it is a cult like stable featuring Martyr, Eddie Peak (found a great psycho alt of him and renamed him peak) and Hellcat Hernandez (renamed Samara) to fill out the female role. Samael just made his first target the young up and coming Cobra. They will have their match at Total Mayhem.

I have startet my first C-Verse save ever (and I've played TEW since 2007), and I have gone with TCW. First move was to switch broadcaster, and I have gone with USA Sports 1, as well as getting a PPV deal in Canada. I'm in negotiations with Marat Khoklov, who I suspect will debut by interfering in a match... I've also set up a development company. I'm very excited to see if I can get really into the C-Verse and keep this save going :)

I have startet my first C-Verse save ever (and I've played TEW since 2007), and I have gone with TCW. First move was to switch broadcaster, and I have gone with USA Sports 1, as well as getting a PPV deal in Canada. I'm in negotiations with Marat Khoklov, who I suspect will debut by interfering in a match... I've also set up a development company. I'm very excited to see if I can get really into the C-Verse and keep this save going :)

Good stuff man! Best of luck to you. Also watching YouTube videos can help you get a better understanding of the characters/stories. (Shameless plug) :p

Has anyone changed their figurehead yet?

For me Rocky has been real gold. He never failed a promo or a match so far.

At the moment I intend to keep him as the face of the company.

I am building Andrews since he was not so over to begin with and for sure he's gonna be the focail point of my promotion for several years.

I left a few people off the Historic Malice In Wonderland and quite a few morale issues, even from Openers on the Roster which I thought was abit harsh.

Though I do need to see if I can maybe get a B show too just to give some guys on the Roster a little more exposure.

I left a few people off the Historic Malice In Wonderland and quite a few morale issues, even from Openers on the Roster which I thought was abit harsh.

Though I do need to see if I can maybe get a B show too just to give some guys on the Roster a little more exposure.

I usually throw a pre-show battle royal to avoid some bad morale on big ppvs ..

So I'm done with Rocky Golden... Allow me to explain.

Started my TCW save, and everything was going well. Basically copied Dave Scott as far as starting stories go, cause they made sense to me. Released both Azaria, and Warlord and replaced them with (obviously) Peter Micheals, and Eric Tyler cause I just love that guy for some reason!!! Getting good ratings with TCW for the very first time in my CVerse career... Stoked.

Then... Locker Room Incident.

Rocky Golden was being obnoxious, and it led to fight breaking out... With Aaron Andrews. Hmm...

What to do here? Don't want to piss off my figurehead, but at the same time Aaron is my future, and current champion bringing in ratings like a boss.

After carful consideration, I throw a fine at Rocky... He's got money, right? Shouldn't be a problem. Can't suspend him cause then my Main Event at Malice is up in the air. Can't give him a slap on the wrist, cause come on now... Why you fighting bruh?

Rocky is very upset at your action... Aaron is upset cause its too "soft".

Huh... Well alright then. I've got my too guys in my main feud for one of the bigger shows of the year, and they both have morale issues.

Give Aaron a bonus, he's happy. Delightful. There's no saving Rocky... Nothing I can do... As I've been trying everything to no avail.

Lets trudge on, and see what happens. Sign Marat cause Rocky is going to feud with him after Malice. Then the night arrives.

Aaron vs Rocky in the Main, title on the line, Marat costs him the victory, sets the stage for the next many months... (Sammy has toppled Vessey so he's ready for the title feud.)

I can't remember the road agent note exactly, but it went something like... "Rocky Golden was clearly phoning it in due his his poor morale, and it didn't look like he was trying very hard."

Main gets a 78 rating... The Main... Of Malice in Wonderland...

To everyone who's said Rocky has been the "Golden Goose"... Definite pun intended... Congrats to you... Cause he's being a real dick for me.

Started my TCW save, and everything was going well. Basically copied Dave Scott as far as starting stories go, cause they made sense to me. Released both Azaria, and Warlord and replaced them with (obviously) Peter Micheals, and Eric Tyler cause I just love that guy for some reason!!! Getting good ratings with TCW for the very first time in my CVerse career... Stoked.

Rocky Golden was being obnoxious, and it led to fight breaking out... With Aaron Andrews. Hmm...

What to do here? Don't want to piss off my figurehead, but at the same time Aaron is my future, and current champion bringing in ratings like a boss.

After carful consideration, I throw a fine at Rocky... He's got money, right? Shouldn't be a problem. Can't suspend him cause then my Main Event at Malice is up in the air. Can't give him a slap on the wrist, cause come on now... Why you fighting bruh?

Huh... Well alright then. I've got my too guys in my main feud for one of the bigger shows of the year, and they both have morale issues.

Give Aaron a bonus, he's happy. Delightful. There's no saving Rocky... Nothing I can do... As I've been trying everything to no avail.

Lets trudge on, and see what happens. Sign Marat cause Rocky is going to feud with him after Malice. Then the night arrives.

Aaron vs Rocky in the Main, title on the line, Marat costs him the victory, sets the stage for the next many months... (Sammy has toppled Vessey so he's ready for the title feud.)

I can't remember the road agent note exactly, but it went something like... "Rocky Golden was clearly phoning it in due his his poor morale, and it didn't look like he was trying very hard."

To everyone who's said Rocky has been the "Golden Goose"... Definite pun intended... Congrats to you... Cause he's being a real dick for me.

Wow, that sucks... but I guess the lesson here is that when someone has poor morale perhaps you need to alter your booking so they're not in the Main Event anymore??

Not entirely sure, just throwing that one out there... what do other people think/would've done in that same situation??

The first month (and a bit) is over in my save and I like it so far.

My ratings: 84, 80, 83, 82, 86.

Mostly I have continued the old storyline, but I add some more.

a) RDJ went over American Buffalo in a Cage match.

b) Sammy Bach went over Bryan Vessey, but was attacked afterwards from Marat Khoklov. This will be his next feud.

c)Wolf Hawkins went over Joshua Taylor. I tried to give Joshua the win at Malice, but Wolf were unhappy about this and then I chose to give Wolf the win.

d) I had a small Tag Team Contender Tournament, in which Darryl Fortune, Canadian Animals and The New could reach the final. The New Wave got the win and at Malice they became sixth time Tag Team Champions.

e) Darryl Fortune and the Canadian have now a little feud, which was initiated at the contender match.

f) Benny Benson was attacked from the newly reunited Machines. This leads to a tag team match with new assigned Groucho Bling.

g) Rocky won the ppv match against Aaron Andrews by DQ, when someone interferenced for Andrews. Aaron Andrews build a new stable (The Shield. He acts as Seth Rollins, Jay Chord is Dean Ambrose and a new character is Roman Reigns)

h) Jay Chord went Mighty Mo, when Roman Reigns interferenced in the match

i) I had a few overlaps with storyline of Chord/Mo and this one. Joel Bryant won a #1 Contender match for the International Title and attacks Speed after his match, where he defends the title against Mo. This leads to some matches and so on. At Malice Speed could defend his title and went on. But the match was crazy. I didn't expect this.

j) Eddie Peak randomly attacks Tag Team and Lower Midcarders/Openers/Locals/Talents. Can anybody calm the peak down. I will build up this storyline very slow.

Now I am trying to reactivate the All Action Title, but it is very difficult with the current roster.

Looks like ROcky is being a baby, and put you in between a rock and a hard place. Atleast your punishment can now consist of 4 weeks of beatdowns by Marat.

Sammy vs Andrews should be a good fued and get Sammy to a point where he is your new figurehead maybe??

Looks like ROcky is being a baby, and put you in between a rock and a hard place. Atleast your punishment can now consist of 4 weeks of beatdowns by Marat.

Sammy vs Andrews should be a good fued and get Sammy to a point where he is your new figurehead maybe??

I'm hoping so, cause I'm all about Sammy anyway. Franchise Players, Rocky is first, can't remember second... Sammy is third. Almost there. Aaron is down there in fifth. Maybe I can get they both up.

Sammy is great for the short term. He's got all the necessary tools except he's old. I believe he's 37, by the time you could start getting benefits he'd be 38, and maximum benefits would be at 42. By then, if he's not in decline it's almost a lock he would be in a year or two. I think Wolf is the way to go if you don't like Rocky!

Glad I inspired you!! :p