The Official ThunderVerse Thread

<p>I've had pretty good luck meddling to get Silva Dolla and Timothy Hawk to have a friendship.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd consider bringing in Luke Graves. He's friends with three different workers and he's not a bad personality to have backstage, that should help things some. It's one worker and it would go a long way toward smoothing things out.</p>

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Its not that individuals are "easier" to get to become friends. Meddling is fairly random. It does seem to work better if they are at a similar popularity level - always seem to have better success with two lower card workers or two upper card talent than a lower card and a main eventer. And obviously, it makes more sense to target more positive personality types.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If I remember correctly (and from my testing) worker personalities definitely play into effect. I created a large number of copied saves testing meddling with a few different individuals and the results over some large sample sizes are pretty different. No clue what personality traits affect what, but it definitely is a factor (I also remember reading this when 16 was coming out but I couldn't for the life of me remember where. Maybe in the Dev journal?)</p>

<p>Just finished booking "No Love Lust" and the starting storylines are still running. When is the best point to end a storyline? I know they'll loose heat after a while.</p><p>

Hired Crimson Matsuka cause he is a positive influence and a good worker. And I started to borrow development workers as jobbers.</p>

So, I've become intrigued by the Thunderverse, and I have some questions before I make a decision to dive in or not.

1) Women's wrestling- What are some of the notable companies that have women wrestlers, and who are some of the more interesting talents?

2) Broadcasting- Specifically, do U.S. companies that are Cult or smaller have the brown end of the stick the way that they do in the Cornellverse?

So, I've become intrigued by the Thunderverse, and I have some questions before I make a decision to dive in or not.

1) Women's wrestling- What are some of the notable companies that have women wrestlers, and who are some of the more interesting talents?

2) Broadcasting- Specifically, do U.S. companies that are Cult or smaller have the brown end of the stick the way that they do in the Cornellverse?

1. There are two women's only companies in the US - American Women's Wrestling and Pro Wrestling Amazon. All Japan Josh in Japan. There are also a number of companies with women's divisions. Jess Hart is probably the best of the ladies - she #29 on the Power 500. Jamilia Rose, Chelsea Lane, Mai-Li Kato and Yuri Yamanoue are a few other. Pretty sure the Tverse has one of the deepest and most developed women's wrestling scenes of any mod.

2. There are options. They are not options that are going to make you rich in a hurry or give you national level coverage, but there are options to get you on TVs. Being at small might limit your options a bit more.

I'm just curious as to if the T-verse U.S. is a bit closer to the C-verse Mexico or Japan. It makes little sense to me how a Regional company will need to grind for 2 years or more, while a Small company can get a deal in 6 months or less.

I haven't messed around with it, to be honest. I just looked at the available broadcasters. At least one regional company has a TV deal (which covers three areas). There are also a handful of single-region free-to-air broadcasters. You won't make any money but you will get growth. Pretty much what I meant by it won't make you rich. I'm not certain if they would carry a Small company, or just a regional one.

And back to UPJ file...

f658b66fc9b526b4c7d143ff5104a5b7.png

Juro Deguchi officially turns his back on the Hall and Kintaro Kinjo to form the Four Heavenly Kings with Goto/Kato/Eda.

I still have quite a bit of unaffliliated guys. Mostly TD guys. Tiger Singh, Otojiro & Koma are most in need of stables but I'm not sure what I'd call them. Since Tokyo Tigers are getting a mini-push to a title shot despite being young lions, they could do with joining a stable too.

Up next is a four show tour of Mexico that probably doesn't make sense in in-game terms since by the time we're back here next year the tiny pop gain will have vanished and we'll just be tiring our workers out and not making that much money but whatever.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MarslArts" data-cite="MarslArts" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe you did something to one of their keyplayers</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it might be my owner. Is Adam Sullivan the kind of guy to start wars? I don't know.</p>

<p>I have two questions for those who have played with The Club</p><p> </p><p>

Any good new signings? I got Seven Brandt and Miguel Chavez (who came back). I'm also thinking of bringing Love Freedom. I want to sign some other talents, maybe not overly popular but that could fit in with the product and give me some good (or at least decent) rating.</p><p> </p><p>

And also, does anybody has pictures for new titles? I'm looking to introduce a secondary singles belt.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MarslArts" data-cite="MarslArts" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wanna start a Ministry of Darkness Style stable with Core and Cross (as the leader). Any suggestions of who in AWF or the developmental is a good fit?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would say Avalanche, Derrick Rollins, HavoK, Logan Wilde. In development: Anubis, KISS, and obviously Wendigo who is supposed to debut as a Core relative. I'd suggest also Dante Laff and Kris Phoenix as non AWF options.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adelwolf" data-cite="Adelwolf" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have two questions for those who have played with The Club<p> </p><p> Any good new signings? I got Seven Brandt and Miguel Chavez (who came back). I'm also thinking of bringing Love Freedom. I want to sign some other talents, maybe not overly popular but that could fit in with the product and give me some good (or at least decent) rating.</p><p> </p><p> And also, does anybody has pictures for new titles? I'm looking to introduce a secondary singles belt.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dante Laff feels like he'd fit into the Club. Kris Phoenix is super versatile. Lenny Rhodes is a glorious hidden gem. You could consider bringing back Travis Stine and Corbin Trent. Sangoma would be a solid addition. Wilson Hancock would be pretty tremendous.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>What would Shane Allman rather do (or not do): Cruiserweight Division or Women Division?</p><p> </p><p>

Any ideas for PWI Night of Intensity and Night of Revolution in regards to PPV concept?</p><p> </p><p>

BTW, really having a blast in my PWI 2013 game. Now in March 2014 and I have the following champions:</p><p> </p><p>

HW Title: Sebastian Curtis (defeated Eli Morton at Night of Glory and will be transitional champ either giving the title to Ryan Doherty (who turned on the Lotahrio Standard) or Jean-Claude Giroux)</p><p> </p><p>

International Title: Go Takeshi (defeated tag team partner Jason Reed in best of five series)</p><p> </p><p>

TV Title: Amaan Singh (Ranjin Vidur is injured for 6 months). Singh took the title from Kenny Foreman (who btw. is doing exceptional for me and could be main event quality at the end of the year)</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Titles: Shay Kinsella and Richie Santana Jr.</p>

<p>Another update in the world of UPJ in the Thunderverse.</p><p>

We're 10 nights in the Junior Mountain Cup Blocks and the groups are taking shape as we move towards the latter stages and the battle for block winners. Standings are as follows;</p><p> </p><p>

Block A;</p><p>

Kozue - 5-0-0 (10)</p><p>

Tiger Singh - 4-1-0 (8)</p><p>

Kris Phoenix - 4-1-0 (8)</p><p>

Graham MacKenzie - 3-2-0 (6)</p><p>

Jin Fujiwara - 3-2-0 (6)</p><p>

Thunder Iesada - 3-2-0 (6)</p><p>

Furosuto - 2-3-0 (4)</p><p>

Akito Nakada - 1-4-0 (2)</p><p>

Haruko Yamada - 0-5-0 (0)</p><p>

Dragon Prince - 0-5-0 (0)</p><p> </p><p>

Block B;</p><p>

King Fergus - 5-0-0 (10)</p><p>

Junichi Matsuo - 5-0-0 (10)</p><p>

Aydan Farrell - 3-2-0 (6)</p><p>

Ryuko Mishamoto - 2-3-0 (4)</p><p>

Nakano Yuki - 2-3-0 (4)</p><p>

Shingo Hashi - 3-2-0 (6)</p><p>

Super Kenshi - 1-4-0 (2)</p><p>

Richie Santana Jr. - 2-3-0 (4)</p><p>

Mr Yamashita - 1-4-0 (2)</p><p>

Léon De Oro - 1-4-0 (2)</p><p> </p><p>

Kris Phoenix, Graham MacKenzie, King Fergus & Aydan Farrell are all having strong showings for Erik Van Rijn's led RENEGADES.</p><p>

Junichi Matsuo has surprised a few by going undefeated so far but he does face King Fergus on night 12 in what could very much prove to be a bout in which the winner goes to the final.</p><p>

Current Junior Heavyweight champion and reigning champion of the Junior Mountain, Furosuto is struggling whilst previous winner Kozue is flying through his block. However, it seems he's had the easier bouts so far as he has Graham MacKenzie, Tiger Singh and Kris Phoenix to face in 3 of his last 4 fights. Phoenix and Kozue went into this block as favourites and they face each other on the final night in what could prove a blockbuster encounter.</p><p> </p><p>

More updates to follow.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Skywalker1976" data-cite="Skywalker1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What would Shane Allman rather do (or not do): Cruiserweight Division or Women Division?<p> </p><p> Any ideas for PWI Night of Intensity and Night of Revolution in regards to PPV concept?</p><p> </p><p> BTW, really having a blast in my PWI 2013 game. Now in March 2014 and I have the following champions:</p><p> </p><p> HW Title: Sebastian Curtis (defeated Eli Morton at Night of Glory and will be transitional champ either giving the title to Ryan Doherty (who turned on the Lotahrio Standard) or Jean-Claude Giroux)</p><p> </p><p> International Title: Go Takeshi (defeated tag team partner Jason Reed in best of five series)</p><p> </p><p> TV Title: Amaan Singh (Ranjin Vidur is injured for 6 months). Singh took the title from Kenny Foreman (who btw. is doing exceptional for me and could be main event quality at the end of the year)</p><p> </p><p> Tag Team Titles: Shay Kinsella and Richie Santana Jr.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think he would prefer to do the Women Division solely to show AWF how it should be done and to rob AWF of talent. </p><p> </p><p> Night of Intensity? I'd probably go with a Gauntlet series, Iron Man match (I think there's a Night of Endurance so I do one for Intensity and the other for Endurance), or maybe a Rumble-esque match (this can also work for Revolution). Alternatively for Revolution, maybe a MITB match featuring only non-world champions with a guaranteed title shot but made in advance (as opposed to on-the-spot like MITB). </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sco xY2Jx" data-cite="Sco xY2Jx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Another update in the world of UPJ in the Thunderverse.<p> We're 10 nights in the Junior Mountain Cup Blocks and the groups are taking shape as we move towards the latter stages and the battle for block winners. Standings are as follows;</p><p> </p><p> Block A;</p><p> Kozue - 5-0-0 (10)</p><p> Tiger Singh - 4-1-0 (8)</p><p> Kris Phoenix - 4-1-0 (8)</p><p> Graham MacKenzie - 3-2-0 (6)</p><p> Jin Fujiwara - 3-2-0 (6)</p><p> Thunder Iesada - 3-2-0 (6)</p><p> Furosuto - 2-3-0 (4)</p><p> Akito Nakada - 1-4-0 (2)</p><p> Haruko Yamada - 0-5-0 (0)</p><p> Dragon Prince - 0-5-0 (0)</p><p> </p><p> Block B;</p><p> King Fergus - 5-0-0 (10)</p><p> Junichi Matsuo - 5-0-0 (10)</p><p> Aydan Farrell - 3-2-0 (6)</p><p> Ryuko Mishamoto - 2-3-0 (4)</p><p> Nakano Yuki - 2-3-0 (4)</p><p> Shingo Hashi - 3-2-0 (6)</p><p> Super Kenshi - 1-4-0 (2)</p><p> Richie Santana Jr. - 2-3-0 (4)</p><p> Mr Yamashita - 1-4-0 (2)</p><p> Léon De Oro - 1-4-0 (2)</p><p> </p><p> Kris Phoenix, Graham MacKenzie, King Fergus & Aydan Farrell are all having strong showings for Erik Van Rijn's led RENEGADES.</p><p> Junichi Matsuo has surprised a few by going undefeated so far but he does face King Fergus on night 12 in what could very much prove to be a bout in which the winner goes to the final.</p><p> Current Junior Heavyweight champion and reigning champion of the Junior Mountain, Furosuto is struggling whilst previous winner Kozue is flying through his block. However, it seems he's had the easier bouts so far as he has Graham MacKenzie, Tiger Singh and Kris Phoenix to face in 3 of his last 4 fights. Phoenix and Kozue went into this block as favourites and they face each other on the final night in what could prove a blockbuster encounter.</p><p> </p><p> More updates to follow.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I imagine if Kozue beat Furosuto already, he'll be in line for a title shot but will end up losing to King Fergus in the finals. Maybe even beats Furosuto to set up a triple threat or just a straight Kozue vs. King Fergus rematch but with title on the line. I don't see Fergus vs. Phoenix finals happening nor do I see Matsuo making it to the finals.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think he would prefer to do the Women Division solely to show AWF how it should be done and to rob AWF of talent. <p> </p><p> Night of Intensity? I'd probably go with a Gauntlet series, Iron Man match (I think there's a Night of Endurance so I do one for Intensity and the other for Endurance), or maybe a Rumble-esque match (this can also work for Revolution). Alternatively for Revolution, maybe a MITB match featuring only non-world champions with a guaranteed title shot but made in advance (as opposed to on-the-spot like MITB.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks as always Jon. Agree I think Allmann would actually think of a Cruiserweight division as something only entertainement companies would do. Having a women division with wrestlers and not divas would be a shot against AWF...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Skywalker1976" data-cite="Skywalker1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks as always Jon. Agree I think Allmann would actually think of a Cruiserweight division as something only entertainement companies would do. Having a women division with wrestlers and not divas would be a shot against AWF...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I dont necessarily think that about the cruisers. Especially since he might see Japan as something to emulate in how it tries to thin the barriers between it being a sport or not. He might think its more "realistic" to have different weight divisions and go for it. </p><p> </p><p> I just think that he would do cruiserweights first only if it meant hurting AWF as in if they had one themselves.</p>

<p>I can't recall which T-Verse team member I was chatting with or in what thread, but Allman and his personality were something I was diving into. Probably a possible diary project. It might have been MHero, but could have be another one. </p><p> </p><p>

He pointed out that Allman is an idealist but in an entirely hypocritical way. He embraces these ideals of how he believes wrestling should be. But he's also a businessman and a promoter, so he will bend his ideals to fit the situation. He might rail against the AWF, Sports Entertainment, and all the "unworthy wrestlers" that can only work the SE style. Yet if the opportunity arose to sign away a talented AWF star, he wouldn't hesitate. Because it would be a smart business decisions. Idealism without compromise is almost impossible, especially in something like the wrestling business. But its also fun to view him as a hypocrite, because that fits with the negative personality as well. </p><p> </p><p>

So I think he would be able to spin almost anything to "fit" with his ideals. A women's division - well, the AWF is screwing it up, so I can show them how its really done! A CW division is pulling something from Japan and a way to use some real talent might otherwise get overlooked. Both have some business sense - exploiting an underutilized resource on the US scene.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can't recall which T-Verse team member I was chatting with or in what thread, but Allman and his personality were something I was diving into. Probably a possible diary project. It might have been MHero, but could have be another one. <p> </p><p> He pointed out that Allman is an idealist but in an entirely hypocritical way. He embraces these ideals of how he believes wrestling should be. But he's also a businessman and a promoter, so he will bend his ideals to fit the situation. He might rail against the AWF, Sports Entertainment, and all the "unworthy wrestlers" that can only work the SE style. Yet if the opportunity arose to sign away a talented AWF star, he wouldn't hesitate. Because it would be a smart business decisions. Idealism without compromise is almost impossible, especially in something like the wrestling business. But its also fun to view him as a hypocrite, because that fits with the negative personality as well. </p><p> </p><p> So I think he would be able to spin almost anything to "fit" with his ideals. A women's division - well, the AWF is screwing it up, so I can show them how its really done! A CW division is pulling something from Japan and a way to use some real talent might otherwise get overlooked. Both have some business sense - exploiting an underutilized resource on the US scene.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pretty much this. I think down the line the expansionist that is Allman would have both but I think the more immediate thing he would do is have a Women's division to mess with AWF. Although, he could very easily spin a Cruiserweight division as something AWF doesn't have.</p>

I think that was me Papaman. In terms of what Allman would do, it's likely that given the motive he'd do both. He's an out and out egomaniac. "His" women's division would be better than AWF. Or AWW. "His" cruiserweight division would like shy away from using the word cruiserweight, probably go with lightweight. It would lack the spark that makes a division, maybe have one or two guys with an actual character but then guys like Caleb Allison or summit. Allman is a person that is blinded by his vision to such a degree that he fails to see what is in front of him.

I think that was me Papaman. In terms of what Allman would do, it's likely that given the motive he'd do both. He's an out and out egomaniac. "His" women's division would be better than AWF. Or AWW. "His" cruiserweight division would like shy away from using the word cruiserweight, probably go with lightweight. It would lack the spark that makes a division, maybe have one or two guys with an actual character but then guys like Caleb Allison or summit. Allman is a person that is blinded by his vision to such a degree that he fails to see what is in front of him.

Figured it was you.

Its not a conception of Allman that necessarily makes easier to decide "this" vs "that". But he definitely feels like the kind of guy who could justify almost anything and basically "own it", as if he is the first to do it or the first to "do it right". I'm idea I often run with when I run PWI is that the sponsors and network pressure him to evolve the company in smaller but notable ways that he wouldn't want to. Without a choice, he would do it but paint it as "HIS IDEA", because that's the only thing his ego will allow him to believe.

<p>I've long been a proponent of the Shane Allman is a massive hypocrite theory too, he really has grown into one of - if not my favourite - characters in the Thunderverse over the years. That said, there's nothing hypocritical about introducing either a Womens or Cruiserweight division. Either he can poo-poo the 'Starlets', rail against and try to crush Colby Felder's new vision (because I imagine he f***ing loathes him for making PWSUX such a success), and take advantage of Scott's position to get Jess on board.</p><p> </p><p>

Alternatively he can promise to introduce all these fantastic overseas talent, different styles of wrestling and the great talent on the indy scene, all the while insisting that he's not stealing anything from the anti-wrestling HCG or the 'circus' that is DRAGON.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd go with something along the lines of the X-Division over a Cruiserweight division so that there's a linguistic separation between HIS division/idea and what HCG are doing, and so that heavier wrestlers can be included because it's about styles of wrestling rather than weight boundaries.</p><p> </p><p>

That said from a PWI perspective my preference would be for the Women's division.</p><p> </p><p>

PWI have been presenting smaller wrestlers as Main Event talent basically from the get go right through to the modern day (see Ryan Doherty, Tyler Mercury, El Icono, Spike Daryl) and Modern is already set to Heavy in the product. In a promotion, with two mid card titles, that already makes great use of lighter workers there's really no need to introduce a title specifically for them.</p><p> </p><p>

A women's division on the other hand is a direct move against the AWF (and how could he not be provoked by the 'starlets' and the eye-candy focus that I suspect is there), a shot against AMAZON which I doubt he'd be a fan of, and a chance to keep showing PWI as a progressive force. PWI are a National company in 2016, it makes all kinds of sense for them to start targeting a female audience from a business perspective, and suits Allman's moral crusade perfectly. Though it would be a shame to have Dakota Williams lose her 'Super Diva in the land without Divas' moniker.</p>