The Official ThunderVerse Thread

<p>Question... I am looking at creating my own Fed using Chase and Lois Paige. I want to mix the in-ring style of RoH and New Japan with some Storyline development for fans to follow... not to the extent of WWE. Matches will still be exciting and last longer, but TV shows will have storylines for fans to follow.</p><p> </p><p>

What kind of Popularity would Chaise Paige and his money bring to a new Fed at the very beginning?</p>

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Question... I am looking at creating my own Fed using Chase and Lois Paige. I want to mix the in-ring style of RoH and New Japan with some Storyline development for fans to follow... not to the extent of WWE. Matches will still be exciting and last longer, but TV shows will have storylines for fans to follow.<p> </p><p> What kind of Popularity would Chaise Paige and his money bring to a new Fed at the very beginning?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's the kind of fed I would like to create but never sure of product settings. If you don't mind sharing what product do you plan on using for this?</p>

<p>You're probably best off looking at the product of WWWE in-game and basing the company off that, unless you want Chase to do a completely different kind of product than his old man did.</p><p> </p><p>

So that'd be Key mainstream, Heavy Traditional/Comedy, and nothing else.</p><p> </p><p>

If you want to snazz it up a little bit more, <strong>Medium Modern</strong> would add more of that ringworky style whilst still focusing on pop > perf and not dropping the classics.</p><p> </p><p>

You can also add Cult to that, if Chase wants to make their brand of wrestling an alternative, but that would be a slight departure from the WWWE style.</p><p> </p><p>

But with either of those choices, you'd effectively be the middle-ground between the attitude-esque AWF (Heavy Risk+Cult) and the workrate PWI (Heavy Modern + low pure/daredevil/realism). </p><p> </p><p>

As far as company size would go, probably Cult with a lot of cash and a good strong base to make an early jump to national if everything goes to plan. You can also give the company a network owned show on Paige-Global (If you go old school WWWE or workrate) or Paige-One (If you're going more cult because P-G is against that product), the broadcaster product is only flavour, but you know, gotta respect the lore I guess?</p><p> </p><p>

So yeah, Chase and Lois bring in lots of cash from their inheritances, they'd naturally bring in lots of interest, but since it's been 15 years there's intrigue not massive interest per say, and through being part of the Paige-archy they'll have a TV Show on a major channel to boot...</p><p> </p><p>

Company pop wise, probably C's, C+, and maybe a lone B- in the Tri-State area.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="de knegt" data-cite="de knegt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You're probably best off looking at the product of WWWE in-game and basing the company off that, unless you want Chase to do a completely different kind of product than his old man did.<p> </p><p> So that'd be Key mainstream, Heavy Traditional/Comedy, and nothing else.</p><p> </p><p> If you want to snazz it up a little bit more, <strong>Medium Modern</strong> would add more of that ringworky style whilst still focusing on pop > perf and not dropping the classics.</p><p> </p><p> You can also add Cult to that, if Chase wants to make their brand of wrestling an alternative, but that would be a slight departure from the WWWE style.</p><p> </p><p> But with either of those choices, you'd effectively be the middle-ground between the attitude-esque AWF (Heavy Risk+Cult) and the workrate PWI (Heavy Modern + low pure/daredevil/realism). </p><p> </p><p> As far as company size would go, probably Cult with a lot of cash and a good strong base to make an early jump to national if everything goes to plan. You can also give the company a network owned show on Paige-Global (If you go old school WWWE or workrate) or Paige-One (If you're going more cult because P-G is against that product), the broadcaster product is only flavour, but you know, gotta respect the lore I guess?</p><p> </p><p> So yeah, Chase and Lois bring in lots of cash from their inheritances, they'd naturally bring in lots of interest, but since it's been 15 years there's intrigue not massive interest per say, and through being part of the Paige-archy they'll have a TV Show on a major channel to boot...</p><p> </p><p> Company pop wise, probably C's, C+, and maybe a lone B- in the Tri-State area.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Thanks for this. I'd probably be in-between PWI and AWF. Kind of a mix of the 2. I'd like to see great matches from different styles and longer match lengths with some kind of story to follow.</p>

I wanna do a playthrough and take either The Club or POW! and make them a bigger company, possibly competing with either AWF or PWI while also keeping what made them popular in the lore in the first place, kinda like a resurgance of sorts? I was wondering if people had any tips on how I could go about it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattL1222" data-cite="MattL1222" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wanna do a playthrough and take either The Club or POW! and make them a bigger company, possibly competing with either AWF or PWI while also keeping what made them popular in the lore in the first place, kinda like a resurgance of sorts? I was wondering if people had any tips on how I could go about it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> POW! is really like CHIKARA in real life but with the dial turned up to 21, they're just goofy and there's nothing else like it. Matches are dumb gimmicky fun, the gimmickier the better, and it's all about wholesome fun rather than serious wrestling competition.</p><p> </p><p> So basically your focus on booking POW! will be finding wrestlers that are good entertainers first and foremost and are most preferably strong at comedy gimmicks. Again, it's all about dumb stuff with maybe a few serious bit thrown in, probably from the 'serious' heels that don't appreciate the shenanigans going on.</p><p> </p><p> Low risk is key, but also since women are integrated there's a huge market out there to find possible competitors. They're Pop>Perf, so again finding entertainers and over people will bring in the grades. Nacho Inferno and El Popcorn are your top dogs, protect them and feed them outsiders and keep them strong. With their pop high they'll bring you great angles and matches.</p><p> </p><p> For the rest of the roster try to keep wages as low as possible and just focusing on people that will be good enough, focus on young talent that might move up if Nacho/Popcorn ever leave or be otherwise indisposed.</p><p> </p><p> POW! is truly the roleplayers company, and you'll need a strong creative bone to really enjoy playing them the way they're meant to be played. </p><p> </p><p> ----</p><p> </p><p> The Club™ are kinda like Lucha Underground with less emphasis on the Mexican heritage and more on an American underground style... Maybe ECW but modernized, lots of high risk stuff, hardcore matches, crude angles and characters that simply wouldn't fly anywhere else. </p><p> </p><p> In a way the company would act like they're a better kind of hardcore, not just pure garbage wrestling like 'the other company (rd. PW:SUX)', but a hardcore brand for smart, cool, and edgy people. They'll fashion themselves to put on angles and gimmicks that are in touch with modern 18-30 year old's, things that are controversial and bring in the youtube hits, and generally be the 'smart' option for wrestling fans. It's still pro wrestling and kayfabe has a clear place in the product but again it focuses on showing 'real' characters, whether that's insane racists/bigots, straight edge messiah's, or people who see themselves as the literal embodiment of the lord himself, as long as it's edgy and 'subtle', the fanbase will eat it up. </p><p> </p><p> Like POW!, womens wrestling is integrated so you have a bigger market to choose from. With high T&A levels, this will also help you sign eye candy that can put on a match too, 1 (attractive) woman for every 10 men on every show, else you'll get a hit.</p><p> </p><p> Since the product is an amalgamation of everything, you'll be really able to use anyone as long as they're capable enough not to get a bad reaction from the fanbase (vocal fanbase means crowds will HATE untalented performers), and getting such people will be tough if not nigh impossible even if they can talk people's ears off. It's basically X-Pac heat, crowds won't accept them.</p><p> </p><p> The company has a really good TV Deal and since the company is owned by the station, you're guaranteed to keep it unless you utterly scupper everything you did. This is a big boon, and the way Club is set up you don't want to be focusing on doing PPV's unless you really want to shake things up.</p><p> </p><p> But yeah, find people who can talk or who can wrestle, it's equal perf-pop, but remember that putting a no-name worker in the main event will still draw a bad rating because you gotta have some pop... But you have room to wiggle, and good wrestlers/brawlers/psychos etc. can get over quickly because of the equal perf. Find good people, good personalities are important because some of your better workers are massive a-holes. (Looks at Travis Stine...)</p><p> </p><p> So yeah, lewd, crude, and rude is the name of the game with The Club™, all about pushing the limit of what is tasteful and trying to put on a show that can only be described as 'insane'.</p><p> </p><p> It's a fun attempt to do, and with no heel/face divide there's lots of flexibility, as long as you bring the edginess you can go a long way with this company. They have plenty of firepower and through smart booking you'll strongarm regional battles thanks to good money making potential and a guaranteed weekly tv show.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

I've gotten back into the T-Verse, playing numerous feds (since I've had the past week and a half off of work with a two days left to go) and POW is one of the companies I've played with.

1) Shortlist every graduate of The Lab. Most have Good comedy performances, and are usually decent workers besides.

2) Grab Robyn Hood if she comes out of hiatus and you don't have an age limit owner goal. She's a solid hand in the ring, which is something you have in short supply at the start.

3) Keep an eye out for an extra referee. Tiny Jackson accepts work from other promotions, so you'll need to either carefully monitor what nights other companies schedule their shows for, keep a back-up on the roster, or just hire local.

4) Locker room leaders- you don't have any. There are several choices, though I like Captain Codd. You can use him as a manager, an authority figure, or in the broadcast booth. Plus, he's a grizzled old sea captain who owns a chain of fish restaurants. That fits right in with POW.

5) Several workers start out not suited to their gimmicks, including Kay Pasa, the entire 57th Airborne stable, and Kal Patel. This is a blessing, though, because some of these folks are better on the other side of the face/ heel spectrum. For instance, your tag division is a bit lacking, so reuniting Meet the Patels is not a bad idea.

General guidelines for hiring- Comedy is king. So, good Comedy performance and Charisma are important. After that, grab a few "ring generals"- good basics and psychology and other stats. You've got a good start with guys like Kay Pasa and Nacho Inferno, but you'll notice a huge drop off really quick.

After that, just pick people who are gimmicky as heck. I mentioned Robyn Hood (she's a wrestler archer!), so grab Kat, Julie Justice, Nytro, The Conductor- basically, ask yourself "Would these people fit into a 90s WWF midcard?" If the answer is yes, sign them.

As for inspiration, Chikara, Kaiju Big Battel, DDT, Party World Wrasslin, and Olde Wrestling, for starters, can all serve as inspiration.

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattL1222" data-cite="MattL1222" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>any people, women specifically and some men who would fit in with the club? I am looking to do a revamp of it and make it new and improved but unsure who to hire</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Le bump</p>

So I've never played the Thunderverse before. I'm looking for some insight into it as I might give it a whirl as a second game to balance out my Cverse playings. I tend to play as southern/traditional-style pro wrestling companies (MAW is my favorite, a revived SCCW or TWL also are favorites). Are their companies in the TVerse that simulate this? Where would I begin?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattL1222" data-cite="MattL1222" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>any people, women specifically and some men who would fit in with the club? I am looking to do a revamp of it and make it new and improved but unsure who to hire</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For The Club, if you are using Lucha Underground as the main inspiration, I wouldn't specifically looking for people. I'd create the character you want to book and then find a wrestler to play that role. That said, you can't go wrong with Ryan Strong.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I've never played the Thunderverse before. I'm looking for some insight into it as I might give it a whirl as a second game to balance out my Cverse playings. I tend to play as southern/traditional-style pro wrestling companies (MAW is my favorite, a revived SCCW or TWL also are favorites). Are their companies in the TVerse that simulate this? Where would I begin?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There are two promotions that would be right up your ally. Championship Wrestling from Tennessee is a Regional promotion that's seen better days. There is also BCW that is a Small promotion. They are a part of an alliance with one of the most popular promotions in the USA.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattL1222" data-cite="MattL1222" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>any people, women specifically and some men who would fit in with the club? I am looking to do a revamp of it and make it new and improved but unsure who to hire</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Alexia Dynamite might be a good choice. She's used to integrated promotions, and she's got a bit of an edgy vibe, what with her history.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I've never played the Thunderverse before. I'm looking for some insight into it as I might give it a whirl as a second game to balance out my Cverse playings. I tend to play as southern/traditional-style pro wrestling companies (MAW is my favorite, a revived SCCW or TWL also are favorites). Are their companies in the TVerse that simulate this? Where would I begin?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="foolinc" data-cite="foolinc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There are two promotions that would be right up your ally. Championship Wrestling from Tennessee is a Regional promotion that's seen better days. There is also BCW that is a Small promotion. They are a part of an alliance with one of the most popular promotions in the USA.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> CWT is the perfect choice for it, it's gimmicky and it's very traditional in face vs. heel dynamics and you have a broad pallete to play with in terms of talent in your company at the start and talent available on the market.</p><p> </p><p> I'm currently running a save with them, and since you start with a TV Deal you can really sink your teeths into a weekly booked show and focus on building storylines.</p><p> </p><p> One thing to note though is that you need to manage your roster a bit at the start, since a bunch of your better performers are quite expensive for the size you're at. And thus you're best off signing younger/cheaper talent to push hard to that regional plateau before releasing those expensive competitors (or try to hash out cheaper deals).</p><p> </p><p> Especially with a weekly show, you can easily start running up costs if you're going to be putting Big Bubba and Ghost Rider on every episode, and remember that you only need two good matches and the rest can be midcard filler.</p><p> </p><p> I personally have gone with alternating shows where one week a batch of talent gets focused on, then the next week the other batch gets focus. That way everyone shows up on TV, but the costs stay lower as I don't overload my shows with people i'll need to pay. A bit like how NXT is run, really.</p><p> </p><p> Also, your big talents can be kept happy if you only use them on events and barely use them on TV Shows, have them show up once a month and keep them in off-screen angles until then.</p><p> </p><p> Finally, be prepared to come in second for monthly battles for the first half year unless you can really knock it out of the park with shows. Your pop>perf will make getting good grades very dependent on worker pop, and companies like The Club have a big bankroll and can more quickly get that one C+ show that will assure their monthly win.</p><p> </p><p> Eventually those companies should slip up and give you a few wins though, and you should never come in last place with the roster you have either.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="combinethresher" data-cite="combinethresher" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does this thread have any tips for running a PWSUX game? I really want to like them, and I like that edgy ECW-ish product, but most of their interesting talent works for AWF now and all but one of their current main eventers are assholes.<p> </p><p> What advice do y'all have for sustaining interest in PWSUX?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When it comes to PWSUX I try to look at their situation in a "glass half full" sort of way. Sure they took some big losses, but they have some good talent that can still be fleshed out and pushed to the top, as well as a good variety of free agents that can be brought in to replace anyone who gives you too many problems. </p><p> </p><p> My favorite thing to do with PWSUX though is to slowly convert them to a more modern/hardcore hybrid, almost like how Paul Heyman wanted to do with ECW before it's initial death. Heyman knew that Hardcore couldn't live forever, at least not like how he built it anyway, and the same could be said for in the Thunderverse as well since there's a narrative a few years in the future about brain damage being linked to wrestling (I think. I haven't played in months due to my computer dying, so I could be misremembering).</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm running a PWI game. I can barely get matches into the low 80's with my best workers. Can anyone give me some tips?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well.... PWI isn't really all set to be a monster grade machine like NOTBPW used to be. Its more like Burning Hammer in the Cverse - the potential is there, but they aren't going to get grades like PGHW does right from the start. </p><p> </p><p> I always like to establish a baseline for a company. What I do is start a save unemployed and sim a few months. Doesn't take very long in most mods. Then I take a look at how the AI does booking the company. It provides a baseline. There are some variables involved, and the bigger the company is, the biggest effect those variables can have. But with PWI, I don't think you are generally going to see the AI grabbing constant A grades. I haven't mucked about in the Tverse for some time, but I do recall that I generally took the view with PWI that any show that didn't lose any popularity was a success. And then built from there. </p><p> </p><p> PWI is a company that needs some work. They have a LOT of pieces in place, but you need to get the baseline popularity of the upper card raised a bit. Popularity always matters and that will help. Beyond that, good matches with clean finishes and simple road agent notes is the direct I usually go.</p>

PWI is a company that needs some work. They have a LOT of pieces in place, but you need to get the baseline popularity of the upper card raised a bit. Popularity always matters and that will help. Beyond that, good matches with clean finishes and simple road agent notes is the direct I usually go.

This is what I thought the problem might be and that's what I decided to do. I signed Jack America and Seven Brandt and think they might be good as future Figureheads.

This is what I thought the problem might be and that's what I decided to do. I signed Jack America and Seven Brandt and think they might be good as future Figureheads.

Not sure Seven is quite high enough in Star Quality to be a truly ideal figurehead. By memory its around B- or B.

The short-term goal should be more about getting the overall popularity of your upper card up. That will help more with the match grades to anchor overall shows. Don't have the game in front me to confirm, but again by memory, the main event scene of PWI has a bit of a range of popularities. And the upper midcard obviously a step below that. Getting an easy B+ or A match grade is easier with two talented wrestlers who are in the B range or higher than a match between two talented wrestlers where one is B popularity and the other is C or even C+.

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Appreciate we might not get to see it *cries*. But with the popularity of the 'What do you expect to happen for the CornellVerse in TEW2020' thread, it feels rude not to pose the same question of the Thunderverse.</p><p> </p><p>

Anybody got any theories or things they'd be particularly interested in seeing?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm really interested in what happens with Quincy Garvey. The obvious would be him taking over DRAGON and taking them onto another level. But I'd be equally interested to see him take over and transform the AWF, partly as a way of taunting his imprisoned rival.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd also be really keen to find out what, if it happened, a fully Saul Keaton owned CWT would look like. Whether he'd look to re-brand, what the product would be like etc. It felt like a real curveball when it was CWT he ended up attached to, it'd be cool to find out what comes of that.</p><p> </p><p>

Four years is a long break, anybody got any ideas about what changes we'd see in that time in the Thunderverse?</p>

• 1 month later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattL1222" data-cite="MattL1222" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Who do you think would likely sign with AWF? Like who would fit in the best with the sports entertainment aspect of it, I wanna sign some people to dev but people who make sense...if that makes any sense.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll be honest - anyone can make sense. I know this is a shitty answer but both WWF/WCW have histories of bring in puro guys/super juniors/luchadores/hardcore guys even if they weren't ready made for their products. It's up to you to make it fit. If we're going with guys who need the least amount of work it'd be entertainers/menace workers with clear characters/gimmicks.</p>