Adam Blampied Booking TEW?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should try to get Up Up Down Down to play TEW.

Don't know how we'd do it, but it's a thought.

That would be amazing but I'm sure they'd kill Xavier for "exposing the business" hahaa

Young Dolph

http://www.rapbasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/tiXWE5eK69WpstNH6myeFqOvw3vc6P0XTsczb9GST.jpeg

Ah yes, an irrelevant rapper knows a youtube personality. Totally makes the the argument valid. :p

All joking aside, let's act our ages instead of children here. I personally couldn't care less about some youtube "celebrity", but if it brings more eyes to TEW, it's worth a shot I guess.

Not going to lie this thread had me cracking up. When I first saw the title of the thread I thought it was some internet slang term saying that Adam Ryland screwed up the way booking went in TEW.

But I guess publicity is publicity even if I have never heard of the guy personally. Hey I use Youtube for cat videos and watching Canadian Big Brother.:D

Uh, wow, that was a toxic set of replies!

Adam's stuff for WhatCulture is honestly amazing, I've heard of him (despite being an old fogey who doesn't 'do' social media) after a few passionate referrals. Personally I've never heard of 'JonTron' but maybe I'll have to check that out, too, now? Open minds, people. The internet is full of incredible, creative people doing brilliant things...

I get enough negativity when I talk about TEW outside of the community. 'Ew, a text-based wrestling sim, why?' There's always a reason to NOT try something. I think this is a great idea, OP, if he's up for it I look forward to seeing the result. :p

I have no idea who that guy is, my first impression of this thread title was "Adam did what? Blampied? What kind of verb is that? Surely that means something negative?" and then I clicked on the thread and was even more confused until I realised it's some other Adam and not Ryland.

"Blampied" totally sounds like a weird british verb for a foreigner. :p

That was 100% me when I read the thread title, too.

I read and view whatculture occasionally when I have nothing else to do (their content is pretty much the definition of time-wastin) but I definitely don't know any of those guys' names (nor do I care to) and it's idiotic to react with a "you're kidding, right?" to someone not knowing this interchangeable guy who happens to get a mediocre amount of youtube views.

I'm all for TEW-PR, so if you can get the guy to promote it on his platforms, all the better, but let's not pretend he's a star or that anyone should be expected to know his name.

Oh man this thread...

Okay let me just quickly transform into a human being that is better than all of you (I hope this made everybody understand that I'm not all 100% serious shouting man(boi) here)

So... OP... You just ****ed up :D

Even if WhatCulture is one of the number one channels about wrestling, you should prepare for people who know nothing about this guy. And then you comment "are you serious", that's bashing for not knowing. You should never bash for not knowing something. You like make them seem lesser for not knowing something and that comes up as ignorant behavior (is "ignorant" a good word to use here?)

Now Adams series about "how they should have booked/how they should book" is really good in my opinion and it would be awesome to get him do an episode with TEW.

Hell it would be awesome if any "big name" would play TEW. I have heard NerdCubed mention that he liked how in-depth the game was (in a podcast with TotalBiscuit if I remember right). Any youtuber that likes wrestling could be a possible candidate. Steve and Larson, TotalBiscuit, that one guy from Stumpt and countless others.

But how do you get those to make a video about TEW!? I bet most of them get hundreds of requests weekly that say: "Hi, I'm a youtuber that has 600 subs... Could you make a video with me?"

Also they get so many requests of playing a certain game and they have to choose what game would be interesting to the majority of their audience.

So... how do you get them to play this game?

Email signing out, and remember... I'm better than all of you ;)

/s

Sorry I'm from a new generation that is actively on a global platform but, I'm just trying to help out the community by getting more eyes to something I love and want to see more people jump in on.

I'm 23. I'm fairly sure I'm part of the generation of which you speak. Online 24 hours per day, my phone is never out of reach, etc.

Dude, I barely know what WhatCulture is, I ignore them as if they're ads. Dead serious here, my initial thought was the exact same as FIN's: "Ryland did what now? The hell does blampied mean?"

Okay so does this even deserve 4 pages, an internet "celebrity" is going to be playing a video game.

Wow.

I watch whatculture but unless you have videos of said "booking" this didn't deserve a thread.

Edit: don't start berating people if they don't know who "celebrities" are, it's like hipsters with music ~ "oh you don't know socal steve with 15 likes on fb, i have a gold plated ep"

People have lives and jobs to do and many, myself included, aren't up on "trends"

Oh man this thread...

Okay let me just quickly transform into a human being that is better than all of you (I hope this made everybody understand that I'm not all 100% serious shouting man(boi) here)

So... OP... You just ****ed up :D

Even if WhatCulture is one of the number one channels about wrestling, you should prepare for people who know nothing about this guy. And then you comment "are you serious", that's bashing for not knowing. You should never bash for not knowing something. You like make them seem lesser for not knowing something and that comes up as ignorant behavior (is "ignorant" a good word to use here?)

Now Adams series about "how they should have booked/how they should book" is really good in my opinion and it would be awesome to get him do an episode with TEW.

Hell it would be awesome if any "big name" would play TEW. I have heard NerdCubed mention that he liked how in-depth the game was (in a podcast with TotalBiscuit if I remember right). Any youtuber that likes wrestling could be a possible candidate. Steve and Larson, TotalBiscuit, that one guy from Stumpt and countless others.

But how do you get those to make a video about TEW!? I bet most of them get hundreds of requests weekly that say: "Hi, I'm a youtuber that has 600 subs... Could you make a video with me?"

Also they get so many requests of playing a certain game and they have to choose what game would be interesting to the majority of their audience.

So... how do you get them to play this game?

Email signing out, and remember... I'm better than all of you ;)

/s

Too long. Did not read.:D

The name Jontron had me in stitches. And I did laugh at Blampied too.

Jontron sounds like a really bad sci-fi hero. And yes Blampied does sound like it needs to in the Urban Dictionary.

Shout out to Vtech for trying to something good then the majority of you crapping on him.

Speaking as the first person to question who this Adam Blampied character is:

I don't think many of us intended to "crap" on him. A lot of us have/had legitimately had no idea who he is and why we should care for him playing TEW. I think the resultant "crapping" has come from Vtech's attitude of "You don't know this guy? Seriously?" instead of him saying "Oh he does X,Y & Z for WhatCulture".

If we don't know who he is and the person sending the email isn't willing to actually say then sure, the thread is going to devolve pretty quickly. And I know we live in the age of Google but a bit in the OP saying who Blampied is and what he does could have stopped all of this rather than throwing it out there to what is a forum that largely doesn't know who he is (based on replies from this thread).

Speaking as the first person to question who this Adam Blampied character is:

I don't think many of us intended to "crap" on him. A lot of us have/had legitimately had no idea who he is and why we should care for him playing TEW. I think the resultant "crapping" has come from Vtech's attitude of "You don't know this guy? Seriously?" instead of him saying "Oh he does X,Y & Z for WhatCulture".

If we don't know who he is and the person sending the email isn't willing to actually say then sure, the thread is going to devolve pretty quickly. And I know we live in the age of Google but a bit in the OP saying who Blampied is and what he does could have stopped all of this rather than throwing it out there to what is a forum that largely doesn't know who he is (based on replies from this thread).

Yeah reading back it now, he had a bad attitude by saying those things. Apologies, maybe it was the sight of JonTron that enraged me :D

P.S I love me some JonTron but he ain't no H3H3

Okay so does this even deserve 4 pages, an internet "celebrity" is going to be playing a video game.

Wow.

I watch whatculture but unless you have videos of said "booking" this didn't deserve a thread.

Edit: don't start berating people if they don't know who "celebrities" are, it's like hipsters with music ~ "oh you don't know socal steve with 15 likes on fb, i have a gold plated ep"

People have lives and jobs to do and many, myself included, aren't up on "trends"

²

So you invited an internet celebrity to play the game. Good, but better wait with posting until they actually reply and people care. Otherwise, it could turn into a failthread. And why put your real name up there only to cross it out. Surely he doesn't need to know that. :rolleyes: People with soms renown usually pass on glory-seekers. I've had people that matter in the sport participate on my mods for other games, but you have to make it all about the community/sport, and not about you. Just a pointer. ;)

Too long. Did not read.:D

The name Jontron had me in stitches. And I did laugh at Blampied too.

Jontron sounds like a really bad sci-fi hero. And yes Blampied does sound like it needs to in the Urban Dictionary.

Nice comment buddy!

Damn this thread has turned into 3 sub threads!

Also nobody is crapping on OP. I think people just got a little frustrated when OP said that "are you rly?" and that stuff

Yeah this.

But I think we all want youtubers to play this game. I just don't think one internet message is gonna do it.

I'm sorry, but what are we even doing in this thread...

It's just 5 pages of people bickering about what's important on the internet...and literally no substance. This Blampied guy hasn't even responded to the email as far as we know.

I think it's time someone killed this thread...

I'm sorry, but what are we even doing in this thread...

It's just 5 pages of people bickering about what's important on the internet...and literally no substance. This Blampied guy hasn't even responded to the email as far as we know.

I think it's time someone killed this thread...

I think I've got just the man for the job...

CfKmXiKW4AA760j.jpg

Archived