<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="woody316" data-cite="woody316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you handle tag teams with this split? If I have a team and I think one is a prospect and the other a feeder. Do you look to split the team and pair up with people from same group, book the team with the prospect being the star or book them as a feeder team?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agree with the replies from Jon on this one. The split is more of a guideline for managing your wrestlers not a hard and fast rule. The main thing is understanding the different roles that need to be filled in your company instead of going on a hiring spree and hiring all stars/main-eventers.</p><p> </p><p> I usually do not focus on having a proper tag team division until I hit regional. </p><p> Most of the tag teams are set upon either </p><p> 1) high tag chemistry, </p><p> 2) trainer/prospect partnership, </p><p> 3) two prospects/cans (one with good performance other with good in ring. This way they learn from each other), </p><p> 4) A prospect/can mix. This way the can will usually take the loses whereas the prospect pins. This is more useful in pop companies where popularity matters more.</p><p> </p><p> In my game Tyrone seems to be the better prospect whereas Nate is the better wrestler. So they are the 2nd type of team. I don't know how they are in your game since player prospects change every game. Depending on the roll there are arguments for each side: </p><p> 1) as a small company, you don't have to pay downsides. So you can keep the extra wrestler and use him when needed.</p><p> 2) The tag team partnership isn't the highest in the world. It may be worth breaking them now and find better partner.</p><p> </p><p> Hope it helps</p>

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My curiosity is, how does anyone book MAW on TV (if you get them on TV). I almost always add DerekB's 97 stations into the mix, which adds local TV networks, one of which is The Carolina's Network (unless I got that from the Cverse 77 download, but I'm pretty sure it's in the 97 one). I've gotten MAW on there before and try to book them like Ohio Valley Wrestling, but I'm curious how anyone else has done it.

• 1 month later...

I started a game with MAW as a way to get into the C-Verse. I never really got into it because I wasn't familiar with the workers and kept on playin my RL historical mods.

When I got into a LtG game in the C-verse 97, where the workers that I knew of where in their prime or not even debuted yet, I decided to try the original C-Verse.

The industry was low and falling and the economy mid and rising, I read this thread and saw that the biggest challenge would be financially.

So I dropped all production values to the lowest and renegotiated all contracts, skimming a few bucks as well as removing travel covers.

My UC is Marvin Earnest because his bio says he has a good mind for the business and the bonus of not paying an announcer is just a cherry on top.

1 Year down and we went from 100k to 119k without skimming on talent, show ratings were neiter bad nor good, lowest was a D- best a D+, although that is more on the production values that on the match quality.

I made a bunch of signing, most young, some experienced, the best signings, in my mind at least, were Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Logan Wolfsbaine, as American Patriot and his protege American Patriot II. But realistically it was when TCW extended the contract of Jay Chord, but didn't make it exclusive. He is 66 pop across USA and Canada, but as of January '17 he still isn't picked by a bigger company.

Chord inserted himself in the Gauge vs Remus feud after Remus brought in Gargantuan as ally (I know, not the most talented or young or good as teacher, but I like a rerender I found where he looked like Vader and I love me some Vader).

My first Rip Chord Invitational was won by Earnest Youngman by beating Jake 'Storm' Spillane in the final.

Youngman has gotten a push since the RCI going on a 7 match unbeaten streak (RCI included). He is also the holder of the COTT North American title, winning it at Night of Champions (I created a few titles extra for COTT: North American, United States, Women's and Jr Heavyweight)

For the Sam Keith Classic I wasn't to keen on holding a big event because a tag tournament would mean a big loss, so I kept the show relatively small, with Legacy (Chord and Gauge) winning it.

The Mid Atlantic Championship was held by Gauge but lost it to Remus at Wrestling Classic and Remus lost it to Chord at The Clash after I forgot to specify a DQ finish /facepalm and now I fear it might be difficult for him to drop it. Technically he is my best option as champ so I think I'll sing it out until a bigger company comes for him.

The Dynamite Express held the Tag titles most of the year losing them on the last show of the year, Night of Champions to DeMarcus & Gray (I rearranged some shows, NoC is my Finale event in December and Where it all begins again is my New Year Show, where it all begins again, moving the RCI to February).

I'm not sure where I stand with the Dynamite Express, I'm beginning to appreciate Collier but Jones is just not on his level (yet). I may give them a couple of months and maybe a win at SKC depending on how they develop. I'm in the same boat with DeMarcus and Gray, I don't know what to do with Gray, but potentially see a black Kurt Angle in DeMarcus.

The American title was in a sort of limbo, because I had no plans for Harvard (yet) so he defended his title once and lost it to Bradley Blaze at The Clash. Blaze already had 2 defences afterwards, so the title is getting in the spotlight again. Blaze was stuck in a rut, but his extremely positive personality and talent had to be rewarded. He has yet to enter in a meaningful storyline but that will most certainly come soon, I just have to figure out his character. Maybe I have to watch some footage of The Funks for some inspiration.

Honorable mention goes to The Architect, who is the COTT US champion, as a guy who I see a lot of potential in but hasn't got a big push yet.

There were several workers who left;

Ade Nelson was the first, he just didn't have anything going for him.

Trix Triumph made himself impossible backstage with a few incidents and him not liking the way I handled it.

Keith Vegas was on borrowed time as soon as I read his bio, will be nothing more than a jobber.

Cheetah 'Boy' (are you still a boy when you're 34?) wasn't very good, basics were okay, but not good enough to keep around.

Josh Jacobs, I just didn't had anything for the man and let his contract expire.

Jay Fair, the expensive referee was stolen from me by USPW which was no big problem and replaced him with the much cheaper Royce Greig.

The first news I got in 2017 was that Scythe's contract expires in a month, but I'm not a fan of him, again because of his render. So I went looking and found an amazing Kane like one, and signed him instantly. Maybe a bit too gimmicky for MAW, but I just couldn't resist. I think I'll have him lure Gargantuan away from Remus and start a stable of sorts.

• 3 weeks later...
How long do y'all usually go before you get on TV?

I'm in 2026 still without TV. I think I may have just waited to long to try to expand into other regions, so I'm working on that now.

If you’re playing with the original CVerse tv stations, it is incredibly difficult to get TV before Cultnlevek as MAW. My recommendation is to expand as much as possible — run two shows a month with one show being out of region and one in the Mid Atlantic and try and rise up.

If you’re playing with the original CVerse tv stations, it is incredibly difficult to get TV before Cultnlevek as MAW. My recommendation is to expand as much as possible — run two shows a month with one show being out of region and one in the Mid Atlantic and try and rise up.

I'm currently running 4 to 5 shows a month in Mid-Atlantic and one in New England, and making $10,000+ a month. I decided to do as you had said previously and imported the CV97 stations, so hopefully I will be able to get on TV. I'm currently booking one of my shows so I will have to finish it before I can try.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="claxton110381" data-cite="claxton110381" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm currently running 4 to 5 shows a month in Mid-Atlantic and one in New England, and making $10,000+ a month. I decided to do as you had said previously and imported the CV97 stations, so hopefully I will be able to get on TV. I'm currently booking one of my shows so I will have to finish it before I can try.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, with the C97 stations, you can get a TV show on the Carolina's Network at regional (you have to match their production value requirements of course) and I think it's at like, 30-35 pop in Mid Atlantic, but you should be easily able to get a weekly TV show with MAW at this point with the '97 networks.</p>

• 1 month later...

10298c90f71a62763b735944bf0e35e0.png

I ran another show based off my leftover notes and reading my posts in this thread but it's very jarring trying to jump back into a game you haven't played in ages (think its been about 8-9 months). Things were really on the up in the Mid Atlantic region but I think the reason I left was because I knew I'd have to start holding shows outside the Mid Atlantic region to get on East Coast Today. The huge drop in attendance and show grade that would come with holding shows outside of there probably put me too off to go through with it.

I may ultimately try and go through with it. Finish up 2020 in the Mid Atlantic region then start touring in 2021 with the increased schedule and the safe financial cushion but we'll see. This was probably my favorite file (even more than my RTG which felt a bit soulless at times) because I was able to build a lot of guys up and also facilitate the retirement of many dudes (on the show above you can see Insane Machine / Jimmy Cox wrestling one of their final matches). Plus it'll be cool to start getting my core guys pop outside the Mid Atlantic region because it'll make the bigger companies more eager to sign them up and it'll let me freshen up my roster quite a bit.

So yeah, I'm thinking a chill 2020 in Mid Atlantic racking up money and ratings, then in 2021 we ramp up the amount of events we have and start the road to East Coast Today.

• 8 months later...
I've been giving MAW a shot. Added a weekly show and started turning a profit by about May. In July, about to head into the Sam Keith Classic.

MAW is my favorite company (outside of the yet to debut RMW). Who have you lost? Have you brought any new blood in? Is Greg still your top guy?

<p>So over the past few months I've been doing my second playthrough of MAW on this game and it's already gone much further than the last one did. Now in 2025 this has been maybe my favourite save I've done on TEW2016. I've took it fairly slow and decided to push different people this time around which meant no signing Scythe and having him hold the MAW Title for 2 plus years and another thing I did was not sell the dojo and turned on new workers generated immediately. It's been a pretty slow build over 9 years tbh as I have stuck with the MAW way of building people up to try and get them signed and then move people on when they are experienced enough.</p><p> </p><p>

Of course it starts with the Rip Chord invitational tournament and I immediately did something different from last time by having it being won by Acid II who was just a tag team guy for me last time around. Since then the winners have been:</p><p> </p><p>

2017-American Patriot (2)</p><p>

2018-Cameron Jones</p><p>

2019-Fro Sure</p><p>

2020-The Architect</p><p>

2021-The Architect (2)</p><p>

2022-Reilly Patton</p><p>

2023-Johnny Helmsley (regen)</p><p>

2024-Anthony Smith (regen)</p><p>

2025-Tommy Cornell Jr.</p><p> </p><p>

MAW World Title history:</p><p> </p><p>

October 2015-December 2016: Greg Gauge</p><p>

December 2016-May 2018: Acid II</p><p>

May 2018-December 2018: El Mitico Jr</p><p>

December 2018-April 2019: Cameron Jones</p><p>

April 2019-October 2020: El Mitico Jr (2)</p><p>

October 2020-June 2021: Fro Sure</p><p>

June 2021-August 2022: The Architect</p><p>

August 2022-October 2022: Charger Siaki</p><p>

October 2022-October 2023: Austin Smooth</p><p>

October 2023-October 2024: James Diaz</p><p>

October 2024-Current: Anthony Smith (My first ever main champion that has came through the MAW Dojo. One of my favourite achievements ever in this game)</p><p> </p><p>

MAW American Title (This is also something different than the last game as in the last game I retired this title but I kept it around and after a few years it really came good for us):</p><p> </p><p>

August 2015-March 2017: Hal Harvard</p><p>

March 2017-August 2017: Bradley Blaze</p><p>

August 2017-December 2018: Jonah Pilgrim</p><p>

December 2018-October 2019: Felipe Caballero</p><p>

October 2019-October 2020: Anthony Smith</p><p>

October 2020-December 2020: Hugh De Aske</p><p>

December 2020-July 2021: Travis Funk (Regen)</p><p>

July 2021-November 2023: James Diaz</p><p>

<strong>-Title Vacated-</strong></p><p>

November 2023-March 2024: Nate DeMarcus</p><p>

March 2024-November 2024: "The Destroyer" Beneteau (Regen)</p><p>

November 2024-December 2024: Cameron Jones</p><p>

December 2024-Current: "The Destroyer" Beneteau (2)</p><p> </p><p>

MAW Tag Team Titles:</p><p> </p><p>

October 2014-April 2016: The Dynamite Express (3)</p><p>

April 2016-September 2016: DeMarcus and Gray</p><p>

September 2016-October 2016: The Dynamite Express (4)</p><p>

October 2016-May 2017: DeMarcus and Gray (2)</p><p>

May 2017-December 2018: The Ring Generals</p><p>

December 2018-October 2019: DeMarcus and Gray</p><p>

October 2019-October 2020: The Dynamite Express (5)</p><p>

October 2020-May 2022: The Ring Generals (2)</p><p>

May 2022-August 2022: Acid and Acid II</p><p>

August 2022-December 2022: Fro Sure and Travis Funk</p><p>

December 2022-June 2023: Bradley Blaze and Syd Collier</p><p>

June 2023-Current: The Caballeros (Jose and Marcos Caballero)</p><p> </p><p>

Sam Keith Classic:</p><p> </p><p>

2016-Deadshot (Deuce Deadline and Deadly Deadshot-This was a failed experiment)</p><p>

2017-George Wolfe and Logan Wolfsbaine</p><p>

2018-DeMarcus and Gray</p><p>

2019-The American Cobras</p><p>

2020-The Ring Generals</p><p>

2021-El Mitico Jr and The Architect</p><p>

2022-Fro Sure and Travis Funk</p><p>

2023-The Ring Generals (2)</p><p>

2024-Smooth Heartbreak (Austin Smooth and Bret Heartbreak)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Right now the only originals still on the roster are George Wolfe, Nate DeMarcus, Cameron Jones, Syd Collier and Bradley Blaze. The Architect just recently signed with SWF, Greg Gauge is at USPW, El Mitico Jr and Roderick Remus are at SOTBPW, Logan Wolfsbaine and Ernest Youngman went to RIPW, American Elemenental II signed with TCW, Hugh De Aske and Storm Spillane left for Burning Hammer and most other people were released</p>

• 4 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>MAW is my favorite company (outside of the yet to debut RMW). Who have you lost? Have you brought any new blood in? Is Greg still your top guy?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry for the delay, but I lost Greg, which was unfortunate, as he had positive tag chemistry with Cheetah Boy. Haven't lost anyone else, nor have I cut anyone (though I am dying to cut Trix Triumph loose, but in my save he must have gotten very lucky with the contract, and I don't like just firing anyone willy-nilly).</p><p> </p><p> I've brought in quite a few people, but I do try to stay within the AI hiring guidelines- unemployed, no one over 30.</p><p> </p><p> The biggest additions were the Women's Division, which I started after Tiffany Jade got cut from USPW.</p><p> </p><p> Other notable signings include current MAW American champ El Orgulloso, Primus Allen, and Jeremie Courtney.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So, how do you guys deal with the "aging out" part? Do you cut guys when their stats are a certain number, or the scouting level has gotten all the way up? Do you stick to the "no wrestlers over 30" rule?

When I play MAW, I tend to let people go after 5-7 years with the promotion and I won't renew their contract if they have another contract elsewhere.

So, how do you guys deal with the "aging out" part? Do you cut guys when their stats are a certain number, or the scouting level has gotten all the way up? Do you stick to the "no wrestlers over 30" rule?

It depends for me. I tend to let wrestlers go when they pass 30 or 35, because MAW has always had a veteran or two on the roster so I don't just want to have to purge the roster. The exception are if they are someone who is foundational to the company. If, for instance, I'm playing and I still have the Dynamite Express, I don't let them go as I see them the heart and soul of the roster, so they stay.

I also tend to not renew people if they are picked up elsewhere and I look at that as they have "moved on"

• 4 months later...

I started a MAW game too, made between 1000 and 4000 profit per month, but I have no clue at all how I am supposed to make 150.000 profit within 2 years to fulfill the owner goal and not get fired.

I released everybody I didn't need immediately, running 16 wrestlers with Greg Gauge, Roderick Remus, Findlay O'Farraday and Syd Collier / Cameron James as my tag team. The only other signing I made was Logan Wolfsbaine and a cheap referee and announcer.

Also renewed all the contracts of the guys I kept and removed "covering travel costs", also lowered the appearance fee on each of them. Still I can't seem to make more than like 2000 a month profit on average. I'm on about 111k now after 5 months and I got 19 months left to reach 250k or I'm fired. If anybody has an idea how that is even possible, I'd be interested :-)