Modding Discussion Thread

how does one get generated workers to use free pictures? I feel like even though i have quite a few in my image folder they never get used. Also does anyone have a link to a db of free pictures? Style does not matter.

You have to use the editor outside of the running game to import them in the database, although this won't work for save games that are already running.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MarslArts" data-cite="MarslArts" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm looking for a realworld mod of 2010. I want to play as TNA when it was taken over by Hogan and his henchmen. Any suggestions?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> or maybe hinting me to a mod who would be perfectly modifiable?</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MarslArts" data-cite="MarslArts" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>or maybe hinting me to a mod who would be perfectly modifiable?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The mod you are looking for doesn't exist.</p>

<p>Probably a silly Question</p><p> </p><p>

I know that you can alter the stats of the various regions within the game but I was wondering if there is a way to change the name of the regions themselves?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm Australian but frankly we shouldn't have 3 regions - If I ever pay round with modding ideally I'd like to change Central Australia and Western Australia to India and China to better reflect two of the largest markets in the world but I get the feeling that's probably hardcoded somewhere as I cant see a way in the modding options provided.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

l</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alpha2117" data-cite="alpha2117" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know that you can alter the stats of the various regions within the game but I was wondering if there is a way to change the name of the regions themselves?<p> </p><p> I'm Australian but frankly we shouldn't have 3 regions - If I ever pay round with modding ideally I'd like to change Central Australia and Western Australia to India and China to better reflect two of the largest markets in the world but I get the feeling that's probably hardcoded somewhere as I cant see a way in the modding options provided.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> l</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Aye, regions are hardcoded into the game. The only thing you can change is the importance/influence (might be misnaming them there, am on bus) values.</p>

<p>There was a Mod for 2013 that changed the popularity of a lot of guys, mostly indy guys. It made it to where you were popular in the region you worked, and relatively unknown everywhere else. Take for instance Roger Cage, he'd have overness in tri-state, but be unknown everywhere else. It made it a lot easier and realistic to book regional companies. Nothing I hate more than when my 40 pop guy all across the US wants to complain losing to my 80 pop 1 region guy!</p><p> </p><p>

Anyways, was that mod ever converted over to 2016?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyways, was that mod ever converted over to 2016?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes sir.</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534757" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534757</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FlameSnoopy" data-cite="FlameSnoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes sir.<p> </p><p> <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534757" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534757</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wonderful, thanks a ton!</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="esteel20" data-cite="esteel20" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've seen it mentioned around that someone in the community had posted their lighting set for Daz. Anybody care to share a link? I'm struggling with lighting. LOL</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was J Silver who posted it. There is a link in the first post of the WMMA Render thread. The lighting pre-sets are great as are the render pre-sets.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was J Silver who posted it. There is a link in the first post of the WMMA Render thread. The lighting pre-sets are great as are the render pre-sets.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you!</p>

• 2 weeks later...
Is there somewhere something like a guide for modding? Where to start, what overness equals how much of an audience and such? Stuff like that?

Couldn't find one, so help would be appreciated.

There is one for 2013 but I don't know how much is still accurate...

Not sure this is the correct place, but...

Is there a mod - historical or fantasy - that would start up with a big company that has lots of money and a starting point, but no workers and history, that the player can set up however they wish? I mean something like FMLL in iDomination 2010, which is basically "there's only one promotion in Mexico and it's going full American, so Vampiro and Blue Demon Jr are hereby starting a more traditional lucha fed, feel free to pick from all of those awesome Mexican workers".

Of course, one could start their own company with an "easy" setting or even edit in a new national fed, but for example doing that in CVerse USA would make little sense as almost all the stars are on multi-year contracts and you simply can't make something that will be able to compete with SWF/USPW/TCW.

• 2 weeks later...
I am tackling a fictional historic mod. The 1st version will start in 1900 and the idea is that I will continue to release this world at different time periods. Looking for any and all advice possible for this endeavor. It is something I have wanted to play for a long time so figured I might as well attempt to do this myself.

• 3 weeks later...