Movie Tycoon 5

FlameSnoopy

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FlameSnoopy" data-cite="FlameSnoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43564" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Lynch Him (Studio: Hot Freezy Studio)</strong><p> » Sanjay Mishra is fine with $300K and two guaranteed major/minor roles.</p><p> » Vicky Kaushal is fine with $250K & a guaranteed lead role.</p><p> » John Abraham is fine with $300K. </p><p> » Saqib Saleem is fine with $300K.</p><p> » Sharad Kelkar is fine with $300K and two guaranteed major/minor roles.</p><p> » Jeremy Saulnier is fine with $300K and another guaranteed film.</p><p> » Sriram Raghavan is fine with $300K.</p><p> </p><p> [OOC: There is indeed a dice involvement in the negotiations. Without going too much into the (very simple) specifics, the bigger the Ability & role, the bigger the chance of a low or high dice. I don't mind your concerns at all. I've built this version of Movie Tycoon without any involvement from say, previous runners like Ayden. My goal was to build as much as possible on "mechanics", so that most of the stuff is actually calculated using a base value (such as asking prices being based on Ability). Then assign some kind of randomness to whatever the mechanic in question to make it harder to predict, more surprising and more fun. This obviously means there is a huge amount of manual calculating to <strong>every</strong> decision/mechanic. So when you guys post five requests for one single role, yes I do actually calculate everything individually and manually! Pretty much all the talent is overpriced and there are many reasons for this. </p><p> </p><p> First of all, in some of the previous versions the talent was underpriced to a ridiculous degree: you could basically hire any star straight from the beginning. I thought it would be more fun to build up to actually getting a chance to use a mega star or risking using your starting budget on one big star and use the rest on small talent. Secondly, I don't think it's much fun to spend a huge chunk of the budget on something you get no (or smallish) visible returns from, such as production. In reality production & marketing eat much more than in the game. Third, this version allows for bigger disparity between talent wages. Yes, someone like Leonardo DiCaprio will ask for straight stupid amount of money. But indeed the man will have a great effect on both the Critical Rating and Box Office Revenue. Thus due to the disparity, it's more expensive to get an actually 'talented' actor/actress/director, but they will also have a huge effect when they do take part. Fourth, it would be nearly impossible to get reliable factual information about someone's wage and if it is available, it rarely has any kind of relevance to the next wage the person gets from a movie. Fifth, this price mechanic allows for an universal approach for the game. I don't have to adjust everything to fit a national industry. Also, there's no way to actually calculate what country likes what movie in real life, let alone in a game like this. Some American movies bomb in the US box office, but make millions in an European country, like France or Germany. The work rate in general in Bollywood is crazy, it produces the most movies in the World.</p><p> </p><p> I doubt any one of you would know this, but Finland used to produce a ton of cheap movies back in the 1940s, 1950s and to an extent, the 1960s. Due to oversaturation, these movies rarely made much money at all. Some were simply discarded for being too bad to air, even by Finnish standards. The sheer amount of produced movies and low profit potential meant that the movies had to be produced with the lowest possible budget as fast as possible, so that the production companies and talent could move on to the next venture. But at that time it was a good strategy, a lot of money was made on the national market. There were no foreign films. Nowadays Finland doesn't produce many movies at all, there's still a market for them, but foreign films have taken a strong grip and the modern viewer would never sit through a cheap quality movie like they used to 'back in the day'. The reason I brought this thing up, is that I think the Finnish market then and the Bollywood market even now share(d) that harsh work rate, but there is no way to replicate this in game! This game doesn't use time or dates. Talent can work as many movies as you can throw them in. Audiences are basically limitless. So if the Indian talent had realistic wage demands (which again, not even American or English talent have), you would be in a huge advantage since you could sign them extremely cheap and make a disproportionate amount of profit due to that.</p><p> </p><p> The basic Ability values (that are assigned when someone is added to the database) are rough calculations that are based on how much money the talent draws when in a significant role, their leading potential and to a very small degree, how much experience/respect they have. There's no way to know how much a young talent will make in the future, that isn't factored in at all. This of course means that older talent aren't discriminated on either. Also, a movie like 3 Idiots, for example, made around $6.5M in Indian box office but around $63M internationally. Someone involved in such a project would have a higher Ability than say a reliable Indian lead who would draw decent every movie, but never great. This is because there's no way to know how much a talent is of (realistic) value to the production! With all this being said, entering people to the database is something there is no mechanic for, it's based on my judgement and in many cases is hard to decide. Additionally, the database is originally based on those Movie Tycoon databases created before me, so huge shout outs go to Goliath, mad & Ayden for getting the database started in the first place!]</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank You to help me understand the concept. I am very thankful that you are running this game.</p><p> </p><p> Vicky Kaushal, John Abraham, Saqib Saleem, Sriram Raghavan and Amitabh Bachchan DEAL.</p><p> I would have hoped to work with Irrfan Khan as the role of Rajbir Singh was written with him in mind but we are a bit low on budget hence next time.</p>

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p><strong>The Mercenaries (Studio: Tompkins Square Studios)</strong></p><p>

» (for the role of the director) Sylvester Stallone asks for $3.6M. Oliver Stone asks for $4.4M. Kathryn Bigelow asks for $2.9M. </p><p>

» (for the role of Craig Miles) Sylvester Stallone asks for $6.6M, or $8.4M in total if you cast him both as a lead and a director. Vin Diesel thinks this would be right up his alley. He asks for $6.0M. Russell Crowe asks for $6.2M. Nicolas Cage asks for $4.8M. Jason Statham asks for $5.3M. Hugh Jackman asks for $5.9M. </p><p>

» (for the role of Leanne Martinez) Halle Berry asks for $4.9M. Jennifer Lopez asks for $4.2M. Michelle Rodriguez asks for $3.9M. Zoe Saldana asks for $5.0M. </p><p>

» (for the role of Mrs. Jones) Helen Mirren asks for $2.7M. Judi Dench asks for $1.5M. Marisa Tomei asks for $1.5M. Uma Thurman asks for $1.7M. Sharon Stone asks for $2.4M.</p><p>

» (for the role of Billy Sanders) Jamie Foxx asks for $2.7M. Steve Austin asks for $1.5M. Terry Crews asks for $2.0M. Wesley Snipes asks for $2.1M. Idris Elba asks for $2.1M.</p><p>

» (for the role of Horacio Rodriguez) Danny Trejo asks for $550K. Benjamin Bratt asks for $470K. Andy Garcia asks for $560K.</p><p>

» (for the role of Benji Frankson) By now, Michael Cera is pretty sure his photo is located below the word 'awkward' in the English dictionary. He likes the role, even if he is being typecasted. He asks for $430K. Jay Baruchel asks for $480K. Andrew Garfield asks for $470K. </p><p>

» (for the role of Gary Macklin) Bryan Cranston asks for $310K. Kevin Bacon asks for $530K. Harvey Keitel asks for $490K. Ray Liotta asks for $400K.</p><p>

» (for the role of James Bradley) Kiefer Sutherland asks for $700K. Robert Redford asks for $600K. Martin Sheen asks for $740K.</p>

<p><em>(OOC NOTE #1: First things first, "By now, Michael Cera is pretty sure his photo is located below the word 'awkward' in the English dictionary" made me LOL. Well done!)</em></p><p> </p><p>

Tompkins Square Studios is pleased to announce the following hirings.</p><p> </p><p>

- <strong>Sylvester Stallone</strong> is hired to direct and star (as Craig Miles) in "The Mercenaries." He will be paid a total of $8.4 million.</p><p>

- <strong>Halle Berry</strong> is hired, and will be paid $4.9 million for the role of Leanne Martinez.</p><p>

- <strong>Uma Thurman</strong> is hired, and will be paid $1.7 million for the role of Mrs. Jones.</p><p>

- <strong>Idris Elba</strong> is hired, and will be paid $2.1 million for the role of Billy Sanders.</p><p>

- <strong>Andy Garcia</strong> is hired, and will be paid $560,000 for the role of Horacio Rodriguez.</p><p>

- <strong>Michael Cera</strong> is hired, and will be paid $430,000 for the role of Benji Frankson. Additionally, his concerns about being typecast are duly noted.</p><p>

- <strong>Bryan Cranston</strong> is hired, and will be paid $310,000 for the role of Gary Macklin. We're looking forward to working with him again following the success of "The Reunion Tour."</p><p>

- <strong>Robert Redford</strong> is hired, and will be paid $600,000 for the role of James Bradley. His turn in "New Vegas" was arguably the highlight of that film, so we're thrilled to have come to terms with him on a deal.</p><p> </p><p>

This brings our cast total to an even $19 million. We'll spend $5.5 million each on production (lots of explosions/car chases!) and marketing (hello, "The Mercenaries" video game!!!), representing a total cost to the studio of $30 million. Production starts immediately!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>(OOC NOTE #2: I'm hoping to have something up tonight or tomorrow. I've never made a movie for anywhere CLOSE to what this costs, so I'm hoping it doesn't bomb. Thankfully, I'm thrilled with my cast; Uma Thurman for $1.7 million in a major role screams of a VERY favorable dice roll!)</em></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HRTVAndrew" data-cite="HRTVAndrew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43564" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>[<p> - <strong>Michael Cera</strong> is hired, and will be paid $430,000 for the role of Benji Frankson. Additionally, his concerns about being typecast are duly noted.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <em>(OOC NOTE #2: I'm hoping to have something up tonight or tomorrow. I've never made a movie for anywhere CLOSE to what this costs, so I'm hoping it doesn't bomb. Thankfully, I'm thrilled with my cast; Uma Thurman for $1.7 million in a major role screams of a VERY favorable dice roll!)</em></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Was hoping to see Andrew Garfield in that role but Cera will own that role.</p><p> </p><p> Good luck for the movie.</p>

<p>Thanks, Jack. Let's see how "The Mercenaries" plays, as it's been released!</p><p> </p><p>

MOVIE DETAILS</p><p> </p><p>

Title: "The Mercenaries"</p><p>

Genre: Action, with some comedy sprinkled in</p><p>

Duration: 1 hour, 51 minutes</p><p>

Rating: PG-13 (violence, suspense, language)</p><p> </p><p>

Plot: Our movie opens with Craig Miles walking into a nondescript office building in Washington, D.C., wearing business casual attire. He makes small talk with the building employees before going past a row of fancy elevators and swiping a card in front of a detector to the side. After he does, a secret door opens into the side of the building. He walks through, and we see the inside of Sierra Securities, a high-tech business employing several world-class bounty hunters.</p><p> </p><p>

Miles walks in to the office of Mrs. Jones, the CEO of the company. As is standard, he’s brought coffee, but this morning, the boss seems tense. She takes the coffee out of Craig’s hand, downs a bunch of it in one gulp, and calls the team together into the main conference room. Slowly, everyone assembles for roll call, including the beautiful Leanne Martinez, Billy Sanders (Craig’s right-hand man), and computer whiz kid Benji Frankson, who blushes when Leanne simply looks in his direction.</p><p> </p><p>

Jones says the team has learned of a $60 million bounty on the head of international drug lord Horacio Rodriguez, whose enterprise is based in Barcelona, Spain. However, nobody is quite sure where exactly Rodriguez is, and that’s why several governments have ponied up the cash. Jones brings up that Miles knows someone who may be able to help. Miles mentions that the man is retired and off the grid, but Jones persuades him to reach out, reminding him that this bounty would mean $10 million for each contributor (one share of $60 million for everyone on the squad). Miles nods, and heads for the airport.</p><p> </p><p>

We shift our scene to Wichita, Kansas, a medium-sized city with a small-town feel. Miles walks into a roadside diner, where he encounters old friend and former CIA agent James Bradley. The two briefly catch up, but Miles cuts to the heart of the matter, saying that there’s a guy out there with a big bounty on his head that nobody can find. Bradley initially waves Craig off, saying he’s a retired grandparent of three beautiful kids. Miles reminds Bradley that the bounty totals $60 million, and that his cut would put all of them through college with plenty left to spare. As food gets delivered (a tuna melt for Craig, an egg salad sandwich for James), Bradley hems and haws. Ultimately, he reluctantly agrees to fly to Washington for a meeting (but only that much at this point).</p><p> </p><p>

Another group meeting is set up, where Bradley learns the relevant details of Horacio Rodriguez. Bradley brings up how the CIA got Osama bin Laden, tracking couriers who carried messages throughout his home region. Mrs. Jones says that the government has many more resources, including men on the ground, to which Bradley responds, “then what the hell are we doing in D.C.?”</p><p> </p><p>

Miles, Bradley, Martinez, Sanders, and Jones fly to Spain, and it’s not hard to spot the couriers and messengers. The Spanish government has turned a blind eye to those industries for decades, and much of the business is done in plain sight by teenage boys. Immediately, Bradley suggests Martinez talk with as many of those messengers as possible, praying on their hormones. It takes energy, but Leanne stops herself from decking Bradley before reluctantly going along with the plan. Her Spanish is impeccable, and quickly, she draws up a flow chart to the medium levels of Rodriguez’s operation. However, the last messenger reveals himself as armed, drawing her into a fight. He attempts to shoot, but misses, and Martinez easily subdues him before police arrive. She steals a manila folder he was carrying, which reveals a map and the layout of a compound in the Spanish mountains, nearly an hour outside the city.</p><p> </p><p>

With time of the essence given that fight (and news that will undoubtedly get back to Rodriguez in short order), the decision is made to storm the compound. Sanders drives and gets them there in the dark of night while the map is sent back to Benji in Washington by Mrs. Jones at a nearby hotel. He spots a back entrance that will likely be unguarded, and indeed, nobody is there. All four members of the Sierra team exit with guns drawn, and during a firefight where several of his top lieutenants die, Rodriguez reveals himself and attempts to flee. However, Miles and Martinez run him down, subduing him as Sanders and Bradley gun down the final foot soldiers.</p><p> </p><p>

After an eventful ride back to Barcelona where Rodriguez tries to escape (only to be punched out by Bradley), Mrs. Jones helps shuttle him to a secret holding cell on the bottom level of the hotel. They lock him inside, with policemen guarding the cell, and Mrs. Jones relays that the American ambassador will be sending someone in the morning to take him into custody.</p><p> </p><p>

Naturally, in the dead of night, things go wrong. Rodriguez slips the guard a thick wad of bills, and the guard responds by leaving the gate unattended to. We see where he’s going, as he uses a master key to get into Mrs. Jones’s room and draws a gun to usher her out. The two meet Rodriguez at his cell, where the guard unlocks the gate and sets his prisoner free. Rodriguez, ever the gentleman, responds by swiping the guard’s sidearm and pumping four bullets into his chest. The sound of the gun brings an armed Bradley into the room, but Rodriguez uses the final two bullets in the chamber on him, with one going into his head and the other going into his neck. Sirens are heard in the distance, and Rodriguez grabs Jones before swiping the guard’s car keys and driving away with his hostage in tow.</p><p> </p><p>

Dawn breaks over Barcelona, and FBI agent Gary Macklin arrives on the scene to find the two dead bodies. The crew assembles in the cell, and Macklin lays into them about what happened while asking where Mrs. Jones is. Everyone realizes she’s been kidnapped, and that it’s Rodriguez who now holds all the cards. Craig calls Benji, alerting him of the situation. He hacks into the hotel’s video surveillance system and is able to use facial-recognition software on the guard, who turned out to be a former Rodriguez foot soldier and was in on the whole thing (up until Rodriguez shot him, of course!).</p><p> </p><p>

Miles goes to the outside of Barcelona to interview the family of the guard, only to see that the entire neighborhood has been torched and most of its inhabitants have been killed. The local police chief believes it to be the work of Horacio Rodriguez, and says only one package was left behind, for a Craig Miles. Miles opens it, revealing several locks of Mrs. Jones’s hair and an audio recording. The recording says, “She’s safe. If you want to keep her that way, don’t go looking around. The more you try to find me, the more my price goes up, the more danger she’s in…and the more people I control who will shoot you on sight.” Miles attempts to call Leanne with the news, but gets sent straight to voicemail. This is because Leanne is trying to call Benji as she frantically tries to find any leads to Rodriguez in Barcelona. Her hectic search for any couriers in the area comes to an abrupt end when Billy Sanders rolls up in a stolen Jeep, urging her to get in for her own safety.</p><p> </p><p>

Reluctantly, she agrees, asking why Craig cares so much about her safety when she can take care of herself. Billy reveals that her brother was a fellow Gulf War veteran in their platoon, and that he passed away after being struck down by enemy fire. He made sure Craig knew he had a sister to take care of, and Craig did the rest. At the end of the story, Billy stops at a stop light, only to be confronted by several cop cars. They attempt to make arrests related to an incident the previous night in the mountains, but Billy speeds off, sparking an epic car chase through the winding streets of Barcelona. Eventually, Billy takes the same route the group took the previous night, which loses the cops (some of whom spin out into trees at high speeds). Because of the high speeds, they come across the compound much quicker, and are forced out of the vehicle by several Rodriguez-employed reinforcements. Leanne and Billy exit, and are quickly induced into fistfights with several goons apiece. They turn the tide, especially Leanne, who hurls several attackers down a hill (they roll into tiny, natural ditches).</p><p> </p><p>

She and Billy come into the compound to see that it’s empty…save for Benji, who was unreachable earlier because he was in transit. He also explains that it was a LOT easier for him to hack into the hotel’s video surveillance system from INSIDE the hotel. Still, Billy chides him for coming, but Benji counters by saying he found a map of where Rodriguez and Jones were heading. Sure enough, tracking the computer revealed purchases of two one-way bus tickets to Andorra under fake names. The three drive off as the foot soldiers stagger back up the hill.</p><p> </p><p>

The group reconvenes back at the hotel, and now it’s Craig’s turn to lay into his three co-workers. Benji reveals the information he found, and all four head to the bus station…only to find that it was a false flag planted by Gary Macklin’s team. Macklin was trying to get a lieutenant to meet Rodriguez and Jones at the station, but nobody came because the Sierra team had killed them all. Macklin also reveals that he has a tape of Mrs. Jones, which he pulls up. In the tape, she has a gun to her head and is crying, but says she’s okay for now and will be released if everyone calls off the search. Macklin mentions how he doesn’t usually negotiate with terrorists, and that Jones being a longtime friend of his doesn’t make things any easier. Disgusted and disappointed, Macklin tells the Sierra team to go home, and that the FBI will handle everything from here.</p><p> </p><p>

The four are devastated on the plane ride home. Benji apologizes profusely for his role in the mishap, and is sniped at by Craig and Billy. Leanne stops them, saying there’s plenty of blame to go around. Eventually, by the time the plane lands in Washington, there are plenty of bad attitudes. However, Benji boots up his phone in the airport and sees a very familiar Wi-Fi connection: That of Sierra Securities.</p><p> </p><p>

The four split up, running in different directions to spot the signal. Craig finally spots Mrs. Jones in the distance…except she’s exceedingly well-dressed and heading to, yep, Andorra. Craig runs, yelling after her, but he’s stopped by airport security several gates away. Mrs. Jones boards the plane, and Craig is taken in for questioning.</p><p> </p><p>

The questioning is brutal, as one may expect. Craig reveals the plot involving Horacio Rodriguez, and that Mrs. Jones was thought to have been kidnapped. Meanwhile, Benji boots up the hotel surveillance tape, which he shows to the rest of the team and to Macklin via video chat. What nobody noticed before (since they were so focused on Bradley’s death) was that Jones grabbed her fully-packed bag before leaving. Macklin is not only stunned at Jones’s apparent involvement, he’s also beaten, as Andorra has no extradition treaty with the United States. As such, he can’t go in, as a government official, to get her. Reluctantly, he enlists the help of the team, promising that all charges the Rodriguez-controlled Spanish government wants to bring forward against them for the incidents in the mountains will be dropped if they go to Andorra and bring Jones back. Benji points out that Macklin should’ve just let them go to Andorra in the first place, and Macklin briefly appears as though he wants to go through the screen to choke the poor kid out before he hangs up, enraged.</p><p> </p><p>

Craig is released from airport jail, and the four travel to Andorra (this time uninterrupted). In typical fashion, Billy drives, Craig dictates the plan, and Leanne and Benji go over files in the back seat. Specifically, they find a $30 million bank transfer to an Andorra bank account in Jones’s name that took place an hour before the Sierra crew rolled into town. Quickly, it’s clear that Rodriguez tripled what she stood to make from his capture, and she took the offer. Billy then has an idea to introduce some old-school American justice to the country, and he guns the SUV he’s driving straight to the bank.</p><p> </p><p>

Speaking of guns, all four members of the group (even Benji, who looks as if he’s seen a ghost) brandish them as they storm into the bank. Billy, in perfect Catalan, explains to the manager that the $30 million Mrs. Jones was wired is dirty money stemming from Horacio Rodriguez. The manager insists her account will be frozen immediately, and Billy watches him push a few buttons on his computer while Benji makes awkward, comical small talk as a VERY out-of-place bank robber. Craig then walks up, demanding that he call her and get her to the bank to discuss the matter. Reluctantly, the manager does just that as a man attempts to sneak up behind Benji to take his gun. Fortunately, Leanne spots it and delivers a roundhouse kick to the man’s chin, knocking him out cold.</p><p> </p><p>

Mrs. Jones comes by, and suddenly, she’s face-to-face with her old comrades, all of whom have guns drawn. She attempts to explain that the group can split the $30 million and walk away scot-free, but the group’s having none of that. She then starts taunting each individual member, but when she turns around to taunt Benji, Leanne fires her gun. Fortunately, the gun fired a rubber bullet, not a fatal one, and while Mrs. Jones is in plenty of pain, she’ll live. They ask where Rodriguez is (all with REAL guns drawn now), and realizing that her account is frozen and unlikely to be useable (therefore, no benefit to protecting him anymore), Mrs. Jones gives him up. It turns out he never left Spain, and is hiding in plain sight under the protection of the crooked Spanish government. She adds he sent her to Washington hoping that would be enough to appease the FBI into stopping their search, not realizing that they had also sent the Sierra team there. It’s at this moment Craig realizes that the FBI knew all along where Rodriguez was and attempted to get bounty hunters off the scent so government officials could nab him (and oh, by the way, pocket the bounty themselves, saving the government a cool $60 million).</p><p> </p><p>

The team boards a bus to Barcelona, even jumping out of the back of the bus while it’s in motion to minimize delays. Fittingly, they storm into a coffee shop where Macklin is meeting with his commando unit, and Craig yells, “We know where he is. And you’re not getting him without paying us our money,” while Leanne points a gun at Macklin’s head. Billy explains that the group doesn’t really care what Mrs. Jones did. Like them, she was a mercenary for hire, and if someone came along and offered a 200% raise to any of them, they’d probably take it, too. Knowing the jig is up and that the corrupt Spanish government would take no action if he died, Macklin throws up his hands, allowing them to join the team.</p><p> </p><p>

The squad goes back into the mountains for a third time, and another firefight starts, as Rodriguez has replenished his supply of soldiers. Macklin is seriously wounded by a gunshot, and Benji, with a rush of adrenaline only a gunfight can provide, carries him to safety and tends to his wounds. Meanwhile, Craig, Billy, and Leanne forge on, eventually getting inside the compound with still more soldiers. Thanks to stolen firearms from dead fighters, the trio gets to Rodriguez, who is alone in a bunker with a machine gun in each hand.</p><p> </p><p>

Craig, Billy, and Leanne attempt to arrest him for the second time, but he fights back, and it quickly becomes apparent that all three of the Sierra fighters have run out of bullets. All three are knocked down, and Rodriguez stands over, ready to shoot…when he’s suddenly hit by two bullets, fired by a returning Benji. Benji is as shocked as anyone that he’s the one who fired the fatal shots, and he leans down and asks, “So, uh…how do we get our money?”</p><p> </p><p>

The Sierra crew exits the compound as international officials gather. Leanne, in particular, thanks Benji profusely with a kiss on the cheek, and he nearly faints (only Billy catching him prevents Benji from hitting the ground). Meanwhile, Mrs. Jones shows up on the scene, demanding her cut of the $60 million. However, a patched-up Macklin sneaks up from behind and arrests her, as there IS an extradition treaty between the U.S. and Spain. The Sierra team members take turns taunting the traitor as she’s loaded into the back of a car in handcuffs.</p><p> </p><p>

The movie ends with the Sierra team back at work in Washington. Craig has moved into Mrs. Jones’s new office, while Leanne, Billy, and Benji each have offices of their own as well. Suddenly, the phone rings in Craig’s office. It’s Macklin, revealing that Mrs. Jones has escaped from FBI custody and a lucrative bounty is on her head. Craig points out that the team hasn’t been paid the $60 million yet…and on cue, four silver suitcases stuffed with $15 million apiece are walked into headquarters. Craig says, “We’ll let you know,” hangs up the phone, and calls everyone into his office for a meeting, saying, “WE MIGHT HAVE A JOB!”</p><p> </p><p>

TALENT</p><p>

Director: Sylvester Stallone</p><p>

Lead: Sylvester Stallone (Craig Miles), Halle Berry (Leanne Martinez)</p><p>

Major Role: Uma Thurman (Mrs. Jones), Idris Elba (Billy Sanders)</p><p>

Minor Role: Andy Garcia (Horacio Rodriguez), Michael Cera (Benji Frankson), Bryan Cranston (Gary Macklin), Robert Redford (James Bradley)</p><p> </p><p>

BUDGET</p><p>

Talent Cost: $19 million</p><p>

Production Cost: $5.5 million</p><p>

Marketing Cost: $5.5 million</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"><strong>THE MERCENARIES (STUDIO: TOMPKINS SQUARE STUDIOS)</strong></span></div></div><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

After scoring a blockbuster hit with their previous effort, Hackers, Tompkins Square Studios are back with a bang with their next venture, The Mercenaries, a tale about a group of highly professional bounty hunters. They get a task of hunting down a Spanish drug baron by the name of Horacio Rodriguez (played by Andy Garcia) for a chance at a $60M pay check divided amongst the crew. Things do not quite go as planned due to Rodriguez's deep pockets that allow him to buy out even the more valuable of assets. Among those fallen for a pay day is the leader of The Mercenaries, Mrs. Jones (played by Uma Thurman). The lack of build up to this betrayal means that all possible heat is lost, no-one cared that she hopped sides since there was nothing that even established her as 'good' in the first place. In fact, the entire character comes off more as a plot device than anything else.</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

This is not to say that Uma Thurman delivers a bad performance, though she does not do the opposite either. Sylvester Stallone on the other hand was great as the lead, there is a reason he is one of the more legendary action actors ever. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for his work as the director, he was completely unmotivated behind the camera. It seemed like he just wanted to act, why he was cast as the director is beyond me. Halle Berry manages to keep up with his co-lead pretty well. Idris Elba had the occasional struggle with his role as Billy Sanders, though his character was also by far the blandest out of all the mercenaries. Bryan Cranston is good as the FBI agent Gary Macklin, but by now that should not come off as a surprise to those who have seen the man at work.</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

Tompkins Square Studios backed The Mercenaries with a significant production budget and it shows, the action scenes come off solid. The star studded talent presence lifted the film, the audiences obviously love to see notable performers all-around. The ending was clearly made with a sequel in mind, nothing to hate on there, but it was not exactly satisfying either! It made the whole production seem more like a build up to a sequel and due to the success of this one, it would be silly of Tompkins Square Studios not to capitalize on the opportunity.</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

</span></div><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"><span style="color:#008000;"><strong>3.5</strong></span></span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"><span style="color:#008000;"><strong>

[CRITICAL RATING]</strong></span></span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

» Sylvester Stallone proves that he is still a beast in the box office!</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

TOTAL BUDGET: $30M</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

TOTAL BOX OFFICE REVENUE: $85.7M</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

TOTAL FROM PHYSICAL COPIES: $9.5M</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

TOMPKINS SQUARE STUDIOS made a profit of $65.2M, your total balance now stands at $163.5M.</span></div></div><p></p><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

TALENT NOTES:</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

› Sylvester Stallone was awful as a director, but again, who cares when the movie makes a ton of money. He was great as the lead though, his Ability (Star Power) has gone from 4.0 to 4.5</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

› Halle Berry did well. Her Ability (Star Power) has gone from 3.5 to 4.0</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

› Bryan Cranston was good. His Ability (Star Power) has gone from 1.7 to 2.0</span></div>

<p>Nice! I'll take that kind of return on investment anytime. That it produced such a profit with Stallone putting forth a lousy effort behind the camera is very encouraging going forward.</p><p> </p><p>

My plan with this was to do a sequel if the movie grossed more than $60M, so one will be in the works. I don't know if it's the next movie I'll do, but it's coming soon. The second one figures to be much more storyline-driven than the first (though still with a healthy amount of suspense, car chases, and gunfights!), and in a perfect world, it'll be seen as the closer to a two-part story. At the very least, physical-copy sales of the two-part box set will be a must-have during the holiday season!</p>

<p>Production with The Crow: Resurrected is going really well. We are trying to aim for a Wednesday or Thursday release date, but you never know what can happen here in The Viper's Den.</p><p> </p><p>

But that's not the point of this reply, i'm actually here to give out some very crucial information that must be taken account when reviewing this movie.</p><p> </p><p>

You may be wondering what the overlying theme of this movie is, it’s simple. You’ve heard the phrase, ‘Die a hero or live long enough to become the villain’? That’s what the movie applies here.</p><p> </p><p>

In the original movie, The Crow was depicted as a vengeful tragic hero who wanted to end those who killed him. In this movie, the idea of The Crow still exists; but now he has to end the lives of his at one point friends just so he can exact revenge. Sounds a little different from his original purpose now does it? So when he is referred to as the ‘New’ Crow, it is because he does not believe he is appropriately representing the name of The Crow. As shown though, he does eventually prove that he is indeed not heartless and ultimately redeems The Crow before he crosses the moral event horizon. </p><p> </p><p>

With Sparrow, though he seems like a relatively nice guy, his actions do not mean he is completely sympathetic. Especially during his downward spiral to insanity. He is also the reason for the events that occur during this movie and basically responsible for the deaths of two people. In the end, The Crow ends up proving his heroic nature while Sparrow makes it past the mark to become the villain he doesn’t want to be, but has no choice but to be.</p>

<p>I tried to write out a few different ideas, but I kept coming back to the sequel, so that's what we at Tompkins Square Studios are going to do.</p><p> </p><p>

CASTING & PRE-PRODUCTION FORM</p><p> </p><p>

MOVIE DETAILS</p><p> </p><p>

Title: The Mercenaries 2</p><p>

Genre: Action, with a bit of comedy thrown in</p><p>

Brief Summary Of The Plot: Sierra Securities is back, and this time, they're going after their former boss! When Mrs. Jones goes rogue and heads off the grid, the team is contacted by the FBI. Initially, the squad's reluctant to work a government job, but after Mrs. Jones arranges the kidnapping of a team member, pursuit begins in earnest. That's far from the end of the story, though, as strange alliances, wild gunfights, and adrenaline rushes become par for the course!</p><p>

Rating: PG-13 (violence, suspense, language)</p><p>

Production Cost: TBD</p><p>

Marketing Cost: TBD</p><p> </p><p>

TALENT CASTING</p><p> </p><p>

Director: <strong>Sylvester Stallone</strong> is once again being approached to both act and direct, although his performance behind the camera in the original movie was far from inspired. With that in mind, we're also talking to <strong>Ron Howard</strong>, <strong>Oliver Stone</strong>, and <strong>Guy Ritchie</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

Lead Role: Craig Miles</p><p> </p><p>

Miles has become the head of Sierra Securities due to the defection of Mrs. Jones. He's much more of a lead-by-example type than Jones was, which sometimes works to his team's detriment (especially when Leanne Martinez is kidnapped). Still, his "lead the team into battle" mindset makes him an easy leader to rally behind, and his ample military experience puts him in the unique situation of being able to outfox almost any rival.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sylvester Stallone</strong> is in talks to reprise his role, and given the way he commanded the screen in the original, we're in no hurry to talk with anyone else.</p><p> </p><p>

Lead Role: Leanne Martinez</p><p> </p><p>

We remember Martinez as the hot, take-no-prisoners member of the team whose hand-to-hand combat skills were probably the best of the squad. In this movie, we learn a lot more about her past, namely the dirt the government has on her and why Mrs. Jones was so eager to kidnap her. Also, the whole "hot, take-no-prisoners" thing still applies.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Halle Berry</strong> was another high point of the first movie, and we obviously want her back.</p><p> </p><p>

Lead Role: Mrs. Jones</p><p> </p><p>

Mrs. Jones sold out in the first movie, taking $30 million from drug kingpin Horacio Rodriguez and leaving the team for dead. Unfortunately, she was the victim of horrific timing when the team wound up at the same airport after everyone left Spain following FBI agent Gary Macklin's orders, and that sealed her fate. She escaped FBI custody at the end of the first movie, and is now one of the most wanted women in the world. In this movie, we learn much more about what caused her to flip, and it's not just because of the $30 million windfall she received.</p><p> </p><p>

We want <strong>Uma Thurman</strong> back, and we think she'll excel as the villain.</p><p> </p><p>

Major Role: Benji Frankson</p><p> </p><p>

Benji was the unlikely hero of the first movie, as he was the one who patched up Gary Macklin and shot Horacio Rodriguez dead. Of the original crew, he's the one whose life has changed the most from the payday. He has a beautiful girlfriend, a sports car, and his wardrobe has significantly changed to be more "fashionable," which is often a source of jokes at his expense.</p><p> </p><p>

We hope <strong>Michael Cera</strong> is still as intrigued by the role as he was before the first movie.</p><p> </p><p>

Major Role: Billy Sanders</p><p> </p><p>

Billy Sanders may have come across bland in the first movie, but in the second one, we learn considerably more about his background. For now, all we know is that he and Miles go way back to the Gulf War, and that Sanders has an uncanny knack for driving fast, shooting first, and asking questions later. When Leanne goes missing, he's the one who leaps into action, sparking events that lead to what happens in the second half of the movie.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Idris Elba</strong> didn't set the world on fire with his first performance, but we have faith that he can deliver here.</p><p> </p><p>

Major Role: Gary Macklin</p><p> </p><p>

Now promoted to the role of assistant director of the FBI, Gary Macklin is the one entrusted with bringing Mrs. Jones into custody. Reluctantly, he's approached the Sierra team about bringing her in, as they were the ones that did the heavy lifting in the Horacio Rodriguez case. However, he's got his own selfish motives, which we come to find out during the course of the film.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bryan Cranston</strong> is fast becoming one of our favorite actors, and we've established a great relationship with him that we want to continue.</p><p> </p><p>

Minor Role: James Bradley, Jr.</p><p> </p><p>

The son of the former government agent killed in the first movie, James Jr. joins the team midway through the movie. He's brought on in large part to compete with Benji, whose inflated ego leads some on the team (specifically Billy) to believe that he's fast becoming a liability. This leads to some tension, but ultimately, Bradley's skillset in the world of technology makes him a valuable asset.</p><p> </p><p>

We're approaching <strong>Elijah Wood</strong>, <strong>Jay Baruchel</strong>, <strong>Andrew Garfield</strong>, and <strong>Aaron Paul.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Minor Role: Jenny Lewis</p><p> </p><p>

Jenny is Benji's new girlfriend, and after five seconds, it's clear to all except her boyfriend that she's not attracted to Benji, but to his money and doting behavior. She's beautiful, but in this case, it's very clear that beauty is only skin-deep.</p><p> </p><p>

We're in talks with "The Hackers" scene-stealer <strong>Selena Gomez</strong>, as well as <strong>Jessica Alba</strong>, <strong>Dianna Agron</strong>, and <strong>Hayden Panettiere</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

Minor Role: Alejandro Vargas</p><p> </p><p>

Alejandro Vargas has assumed much of Horacio Rodriguez's business in the Spanish drug trade following the latter's passing. He's much less violent than his predecessor, although he has no problems greasing the right palms in order to get deals done. He's considered much less of a threat to the world at large, which makes him an unlikely participant in the battles that occur in the second half of the film.</p><p> </p><p>

We're approaching <strong>Danny Trejo</strong>, <strong>Benjamin Bratt</strong>, <strong>James Franco</strong>, and <strong>John Turturro</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

Minor Role: Floyd</p><p> </p><p>

Floyd is Mrs. Jones's newfound enforcer. He doesn't have a last name, and by design, we don't know much about him. All we know is that he's a muscle-bound freak of nature who carried out the kidnapping of Leanne Martinez, and that the few lines he's given wind up being some of the funniest ones in the entire film.</p><p> </p><p>

We're chatting with <strong>Terry Crews</strong>, <strong>Steve Austin</strong>, <strong>Dave Bautista</strong>, and <strong>Joe Manganiello</strong>.</p>

<p>“Twenty years have passed. Yet as things change, things remain the same…”</p><p> </p><p>

The Viper’s Den Presents</p><p> </p><p>

“Each day that passes, I am reminded that The Crow still lives on. Or rather, his spirit does. Forever destined to pass on it’s mission to the next victim.”</p><p> </p><p>

An Alex Proyas Production</p><p> </p><p>

“A victim, wounded, betrayed, and seeking revenge. But yet, has to wonder. What are the limits of the crow? How far will he go to be...”</p><p> </p><p>

“...Resurrected?”</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">The Crow: Resurrected</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

Starring</p><p>

Shia LaBeouf as Troy Larson</p><p>

Adam Lambert as Sparrow Wilson</p><p> </p><p>

Also Starring</p><p>

Charlie Day as ‘Bones’ Brett Monroe</p><p>

Margot Robbie as Elizabeth Ravyn</p><p>

Ernie Hudson as Sgt. Albrecht</p><p>

Jess Harnell as ‘Streetwise’ Sammy Smith</p><p>

Ryan Guzman as Diego Cortez</p><p>

Angela Lansbury as Toriel Walden</p><p>

Hayley Faith Negrin as Wendy Parsons</p><p> </p><p>

MOVIE DETAILS</p><p>

› Title: The Crow: Resurrected</p><p>

› Genre: Dark Fantasy/Action/Drama</p><p>

› Duration: 117 Minutes</p><p>

› Rating: R (This gets pretty dark in places, people get killed in gruesome manners, serious themes)</p><p>

Tagline: How far will you go to avenge yourself?</p><p> </p><p>

› Plot: The movie begins with a dark and bleak pan across the streets of Detroit. Sirens are heard as police are shown at the scene of a crime where someone has been shot. Leading the investigation is Sgt. Albrecht (Ernie Hudson) who attempts to get answers from an attractive, tightly dress woman who is in near hysterics. (Margot Robbie) One man, with much more baggy clothes (Jess Harnell) tries to calm her down. Another with a piercing on his nose engages in a civil conversation with paramedics (Charlie Day) and still one more surveys the damage. (Ryan Guzman)</p><p> </p><p>

In narration, Sgt. Albrecht reveals that twenty years have passed since the events of The Crow; yet very little has changed as time has passed on. Every day, he remembers the affairs that occurred during that time, and knows that the spirit of The Crow still lives. But now, he has passed that spirit to a new victim; yet he is concerned over what the limits of The Crow’s powers really are and how far someone will go to be resurrected.</p><p> </p><p>

One of the biggest talking points is that this incident has taken place on October 30th, Devil’s Night. “Seems like more and more people do these things in the name of the devil every year” Albrecht mumbles to himself, exasperated. He asks for the whereabouts of the man who shot him, but no one can tell where he has gone. The woman says that it is not important, they have to get him to a hospital and quick.</p><p> </p><p>

As everyone gets into Albrecht’s car to follow the ambulances to the hospital, watching in the alleyways is a well-kept, handsome man. (Adam Lambert) He looks onwards with feelings of regret, despair and horror as it becomes clear that this is the man who caused the shooting. Before he can be sighted, he runs off and keeps running until he reaches a small cafe. He sits down on a table outside of the cafe and frantically grabs a pen and a notepad and begins to write.</p><p> </p><p>

A close up is shown of what he has wrote. ‘What have I done? I shot him, It was me! I killed my best friend! They’re gonna find me, and arrest me. They could send me to life in jail. I know it. I’m a dead man that’s borrowing time.’ He burrows his hands on his face and goes into soft cries of sadness and terror as the reality that he cannot cope with starts to sink in. He may have just murdered his best friend.</p><p> </p><p>

Hours later, The news is confirmed by Albrecht, Troy Larson has passed away because of his wounds. Sympathetically, he sends his condolences to his friends for his demise. “His time came too soon”, Monroe laments. Everyone agrees with this sentiment. Albrecht, seeing how much they seem to miss Troy Larson, -especially Elizabeth- he makes a promise to himself to ‘put off his retirement for just a little longer’. He asks if all of them could join him in his office tomorrow morning. They agree to the office and eventually go their separate ways. </p><p> </p><p>

Halloween night comes and the scenery changes once again, a crow flies across the dreary streets of Detroit, paying no attention to the kids trick or treating or the teenagers throwing eggs at houses. He keeps his flight going until it lands at it’s destination. The cemetery. The Crow lands of the headstone of Troy Larson and lightly taps the stone with the tip of his beak. Like magic, a hand rises from the dirt and trembles hard as his whole body comes alive once again.</p><p> </p><p>

Awakened by his deadly slumber, Troy struggles up to his feet and with a nod from the crow wanders across the streets of Detroit; trying to figure out where he is and what exactly has happened. He comes across an abandoned garage right next to a house. He opens it up and gently picks up an electric guitar. He plays a few notes, and suddenly; memories of his past come back to him.</p><p> </p><p>

It is shown in flashback that Troy was once the lead singer of the rock band called ‘The Birds of Tomorrow’. He remembers the screaming adoration of people cheering him on, the soulful backup vocals of Sammy Smalls, the mesmerizing beats of Brett Monroe, his girlfriend Elizabeth Ravyn cheering him on from backstage and especially Sparrow Wilson wailing away on the guitar.</p><p> </p><p>

He picks up a picture of him and his band together at a local club, perhaps after the performance. In another flashback, we are shown the band at this club having a good time, Monroe and Cortez having a shot taking contest, Smalls trying to flirt with one of the bartenders for a lower price, Wilson playfully jawing back and forth with one of the more inebriated men in the club and Troy and Elizabeth dancing to one of the songs. Elizabeth especially dancing promiscuously towards Troy, loving every sizzling second that passes by.</p><p> </p><p>

All of a sudden, Elizabeth gets an idea. She snaps off her bra and puts it aside. “Sit down baby…” She commands, in a seductive smirk. He obliges, awaiting what she has to offer. She looks him straight in the eye and starts to motion towards him, she dances very sexily on his lap. Troy smiles, completely entranced by the sway of her hips. She unbuttons her shirt; revealing some of her chest. She asks him if she should take it off, he overwhelmingly says yes. And immediately she throws off her shirt, leaving her with a completely bare chest and a short miniskirt that just barely covers her waist. The two engage in a saucy, passionate kiss.</p><p> </p><p>

Out of the flashback, Troy starts growing angrier and angrier as he starts to think about what exactly it was that got him killed in the first place. Another flashback takes place, seemingly hours later. Now outside the club, the band (clearly intoxicated) and Elizabeth Ravyn (with her shirt buttoned halfway, hair a mess and still with no bra on) stumble their way out. Cortez rants on about how Monroe ‘cheated’ during their shot contest. (“She gave you the light drinks only because you told her you were a movie star”)</p><p> </p><p>

Wilson (the drunkest out of everyone) sees the guy from earlier come up to him, furious for being heckled at. Wilson mocks him for being such a little pussy. “This is America! Land of the free, home of the brave. Can’t handle it? Go somewhere else!” Smalls tries to break the argument up before things get out of hand, but to the shock of everyone, the guy gets out a gun and threatens to shoot him.</p><p> </p><p>

Suddenly, the flashback stops. The memory fades like a blur. All he can remember is that he was shot and the face of the man who shot him, Sparrow Wilson. Likewise, the only thing he hears is the sounds of people screaming and crying increasing with volume. He yells out a bloodcurdling scream of rage and runs up to the bathroom. He takes a hard, deep look at himself in the mirror and breaks it open by bashing his head into it violently. </p><p> </p><p>

He then opens a hand-drawer. There he gets out some makeup and paints his face white like a porcelain harlequin mask. He then gets some black liner and puts it around his eyes and down his cheeks, sort of like tears. He then paints his lips black, with Glasgow lines reaching the corners. And the finishing touch, a black shirt and pants combo with a leather trenchcoat. </p><p> </p><p>

He opens a window, and with seemingly no emotion on his face basks in his new identity to the reception of thunder and lightning. Seemingly guided by the crow, and adapting it’s perspective of life on Earth; his wound in his abdomen seems to vanish, the pain completely gone. Like it never existed. Troy latches onto the window like some sort of spider-monkey, and climbs he way up to the top of the house and takes an eye-popping view of Detroit. He realizes what he must do now. “I must avenge my loss, by ending those who I once loved”</p><p> </p><p>

We cut to a shot of some young kids dressed in various costumes trick or treating. A kindly old man hands out candy delights to them and compliments their ‘cute’ costumes. “Bless your soul my friend” A kindly old woman (Angela Lansbury) warmly responds. It should be noted that accompanying them is Sparrow Wilson, attempting to have fun; but clearly still scarred by the events that occurred last night. The kids happily run off to the next house while the grown-ups play catch-up. The lady thanks Sparrow for joining them, he shrugs and admits that he just wanted to get out and do some thinking about life; she understands, feeling remorse for the death of his friend Troy. “He was such a good man, a shame his life had to end the way it did”</p><p> </p><p>

The two continue to talk about recent events in life, Toriel is said to own an orphanage for children who have lost their parents while growing up. She can relate to this, when she was little; she too lost her parents. Her father was said to be a lovely chap and had enrolled in the British army, but passed away after a grave illness took his strength. Her mother was ‘the most beautiful person her eyes had ever seen’, the way she moved, smiled and spoke with eloquence and grace made her feel that she really was at home with herself. She peacefully passed away in her death-bed, a victim of Father Time. </p><p> </p><p>

If there was one thing that they shared, it was their undying love for her. A love that she has since passed along to the orphans. She goes on to talk about how wonderful they are, there’s dear little Sally with her wonderful drawings, Alexander has been writing short stories and Kenneth helps out with the Detroit police every weekend. “Yes, they’re just wondrous souls. Each and everyone of them. Well, everyone except…” Her voice trails off, her expression now showing concern. Sparrow asks if there is something wrong, Toriel admits that she is rather worried about one girl. “I’m sure you’ve heard about Jim and Lauren Parsons, yes?” Sparrow sadly notes of their ‘unexpected passing.’</p><p> </p><p>

When she died, her grandfather left her the will to let their daughter Wendy (Hayley Faith Negrin) stay in her orphanage until she is adopted or turns eighteen. Since then, she says that she has shut herself away from the world; almost never going outside, rarely speaking, eating or doing much of anything. “I greatly fear that their passing really affected her. She hasn’t a friend in the world to talk to”</p><p> </p><p>

After some few seconds, Sparrow offers to volunteer and talk to Wendy. Grateful for his act of kindness, she thanks him and blesses his soul. She hears the chatter of the kids and starts walking faster to catch up to them, Sparrow smiles uneasily; sensing a sort familiarity with him and ‘Wendy’</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile, inside a drinking establishment; guests are drinking their share, playing some good old billiards or chatting about their daily life. Tending to the drinks is Cortez in what appears to be a side job for him, and not exactly one he likes as is shown as he cleans up the empty glasses. (“Dirty little bastards…”)</p><p> </p><p>

The door swiftly opens and the patrons stop what they are doing to see who has entered. It is the dead body of Troy, it’s spirit once more alive. (Or as we shall refer to him at this point ‘The Crow’) He walks slowly and with a purpose much to their awe. Cortez takes one look at him and smirks. “Nice costume, if I didn’t know any better; I’d say you were auditioning for Twilight the Musical.”</p><p> </p><p>

This gets some laughs out of some, but The Crow does not budge. He instead requests the location of Sparrow Wilson. Cortez tells him he’s got quite a few streets ahead, but The Crow is not interested in half-answers and demands again -more forcefully this time- for Wilson’s location. “Are you deaf?” Cortez exclaims and informs him that he is in the wrong street.</p><p> </p><p>

A bad answer as The Crow inches closer to Cortez. He asks one more time, where is Sparrow Wilson? Cortez sees where the situation is heading and requests for him to leave. He responds by punching him in the face and the two go at it as he quickly gains the upperhand. The customers watch in awe and begin to take bets as to who wins.</p><p> </p><p>

One of the big spots in this fight is when The Crow picks up a pool cue and proceeds to bash Cortez in the head with it multiple times, causing him to bleed profusely. Before he can continue doing so, Cortez grabs into the cue and breaks his grasp by using it to hit him in the crotch. It seems that the blow does the trick as he goes down onto his knees....</p><p> </p><p>

But it's not long until he gets up and goes back on the assault, using the pool table to smash his head onto it. Cortez, desperate to have his life still intact finally comes out with everything and tells him that Sparrow Wilson lives in a corner called ‘Ravenhelm Street’. The Crow lets up and eases his attack, “See, that was all you needed to do.” He walks out, but before he does; he has one more request. Tell the others that before he comes for Sparrow, He’s coming for ‘them.’ Cortez nervously obliges, knowing exactly who ‘them’ are.</p><p> </p><p>

The news travels fast, across the streets people talk about the return of the Crow and who he will be coming for. Even in the police department, people are gabbing on about the news, but not out of wonder or excitement; but as a cause of worry. Why has he returned and what does he want? One policeman tries to a comment from Albrecht, (who is about to enter his office) but all he can respond is that he sees a reflection. This baffles the officer as he knows that Albrecht has not been himself since taking up the case.</p><p> </p><p>

Albrecht enters his office and sits down. He opens a drawer and from in it gets an old photobook, likely having not been used in years. He dusts it off and begins looking at pictures of him with the man who he last saw being The Crow. Eric Draven. A flashback showcasing his interactions with him and the original Crow plays as he continues to go through the photos, apparently trying to use them to make a connection of something.</p><p> </p><p>

He stops, and then looks at a picture of Troy Larson. He realizes that there is something about the both of them that clicks. Both were rock stars, both had a girlfriend, (Troy with Elizabeth, Eric with Shelly) both were killed on Devil’s Night and perhaps most crucially, both were brought back to life and became The Crow. He then turns to one special picture of Eric, that last picture he ever took of him and The Crow. He smiles and softly says “He might be a resurrection of the past” Without making anymore movements, he gently closes the book.</p><p> </p><p>

The next day, Elizabeth is shown at a photo shoot posing seductively for the camera as the cameraman keeps up the talk. “That’s it baby! Work it, work it! Aah yes, love the pose! Show me that smile. Oh yeah, that’s what i’m talking about!” After some time is passed, a break is called. She gets up from the chair and composes herself, she seems to be controlling her feeling over the whole Troy Larson incident well. Her phone rings, she picks it up and sees who is calling.</p><p> </p><p>

It’s Sparrow. Sparrow asks her how her photoshoot went. “Well, I got cat-called like, a dozen times; so I guess that’s a good sign” Sparrow reveals his plans to go to the orphanage to go talk to some girl named Wendy. “How smug is she?” Elizabeth asks, Sparrow chuckles, finding her sense of humor charming. The tone changes, Sparrow asks her how she’s been since her boyfriend’s passing. She’s been alright, “The yoga sessions have been helping a lot” but admits that she’s still getting used to being without him. </p><p> </p><p>

They remember about the day she first met Troy, in flashbacks; it is revealed that Elizabeth first heard about the Birds of Tomorrow from some of her friends, this weekend they were scheduling a show and they convinced her to go. Despite not knowing anything about The Birds of Tomorrow, she went. She sat down in one of the middle seats next with her friends, not sure of what to expect.</p><p> </p><p>

A excited, bold voice soon rang out announcing the arrival ‘law-defying’, ‘high-flying’ Birds of Tomorrow to the screams of many adoring girls. The band comes out, soaking in the adulation. As her friends cheered, all she do is stare at one man, and one man only. Troy Larson. They played a set of some of their biggest hits, all of which were hits with the crowd. But she didn’t listen to much of anything, all she could focus on was Troy and the way he looked, talked, walked and even dressed. She smiles dreamily.</p><p> </p><p>

And then, Troy got on the mic and announced that for the next song they would need a volunteer from the audience. Many hands go up, as they naturally do. He takes a close look from the group and after some thought makes a decision. “You there! Center of the audience, come on up here and show us whatcha got!” This breaks Elizabeth from her trance as she realizes that she has been chosen, she rushes her way up to the stage to the cheers of the audience. </p><p> </p><p>

Troy asks her what her name is, she stammers a little, but gets it though that her name is Elizabeth Ravyn. (“Can I quote you on that?”) *After a few jokes based around her name, he gives her a job. The next song they sing is called Arabian Nights, the song is about a guy named Jamal and his romance over the deadly yet seductive Ne’iha. Elizabeth has been chosen to play the role of Ne’iha. She agrees to do it and thus the song begins.</p><p> </p><p>

The song turns out to be a massive hit with the crowd, help especially with Elizabeth stunning the crowd by showcasing her natural ability to dance flirtingly, (Though she is completely nervous) even somewhat distracting Monroe. (something that usually never happens) The song ends and the crowd gives a standing ovation, Elizabeth smiles, extremely proud of herself for showing what she can do. </p><p> </p><p>

Elizabeth reveals that afterwards, Troy asked her to come backstage and the two began to talk about the performance. “You did real good out there” Troy smiles, Elizabeth blushes and responds that her modeling might have had some effect. “Some? You were so hot, Monroe couldn’t help but look!” Smalls exclaims as Monroe looks on slightly embarrassed. The rest of the band goes out, but Troy tells them that he’ll catch up with them later. With the band gone, Troy and Elizabeth began to talk about their lives together. (Elizabeth moved to America from Britain when she was around eleven, Troy was personally trained by rock and roll legend Freddie Mercury, the only one ever to do so)</p><p> </p><p>

The flashback comes to an end as Elizabeth reveals that Troy invited her to come to their next show. She said yes, and then one thing lead to another and the two became a couple. “Amazing how love works isn’t it?” Sparrow agrees, laughing uneasily. Concerned, Elizabeth asks if he’s feeling alright. Sparrow assures her that she’s fine, just getting over an illness. Elizabeth then asks him if he’s heard about the recent resurgence of ‘The Crow’, just like that, without any warning whatsoever, he hangs up. “Hello? Hello?!” She sighs in frustration. “What is his problem?”</p><p> </p><p>

Sparrow is then shown knocking on the door of the orphanage, the door opens and Toriel welcomes Sparrow inside. The orphans gather round excitedly at him and begin to gush about how awesome he is, one even refers to him as ‘Daddy Sparrow’, Toriel shows him upstairs and to a room. Wendy’s room. We take a peek inside Wendy’s room, a bare, lifeless room with no light or color. Sitting on her bed is the girl herself. </p><p> </p><p>

The door opens slightly as Toriel quietly tells her that a visitor is here to see her, she looks at them blankly, no expression whatsoever. Sparrow believes that it is alright and the two enter, Toriel starts to leave; but she notices that Wendy still has a blank face. She goes up to her, looks at her face and gently talks to her, “I understand that you're still upset over everything that’s happened you the last few days, but that’s why i’ve brought him here.” She hopes that once the two start talking together things will look better for her, she takes a look at Sparrow’s face and leave. Sparrow starts to talk, but to his surprise it is Wendy who speaks in a cold, quiet voice. “Funny how she never knew the true story”</p><p> </p><p>

Confused, Sparrow asks her what she means. She responds coldly, “You think I wanted to be here? You think I wanted to live life as a cynical, misanthropic bitch without any resemblance of life?” Thus begins a monologue in which she reveals the true reason for her nature, (eerily enough not done via flashback) it is revealed that her childhood was not exactly picture-esque, her mother was always getting drunk or barely acknowledged her existence, her father was an abusive prick, she was always bullied by the kids at school, one time she got into a fight with one of kids at school and nearly died after being stabbed by a knife.</p><p> </p><p>

This led her to grow misanthropic of humanity and virtually cynical of life, shutting herself out of the world. (This is the flashback part) One day, during the summertime, her parents and her took her on a family roadtrip to California in the hopes it would get her ‘out of her shell’. She didn’t want to go on it, but her ‘whore of a mother’ insisted that she did. She said nothing just to appease her. During their drive, she noticed that her mother was once again under the influence but again said nothing. Instead, she waited for the right time to strike. </p><p> </p><p>

And then, when they reached a certain street, she tore off her seatbelt and started choking her father with her seatbelt. Her mother tried to take her grasp off of her father, but to no avail. The car began to swirl off course and eventually headed for a tall building with many windows, all of which were made of glass, feeling a need to save her life, she opens the car door to her left and jumped out running until she was at a safe distance. There, she watched as the car crashed sideways into the building and burst into flames.</p><p> </p><p>

When police came and tried to get the scoop as to what happened, she claimed that there was a street thug that was trying to shoot at their car and that she tried to save them, but just couldn’t do it. Her story ends there, with her being acclaimed for being a hero. As for her parents, they would be considered dead on arrival by the doctors at the hospital. (“So yeah, I murdered them and I fooled every last one of them into believing the opposite”) She hovered through the streets, alone and with no real place to live. Eventually, the truth came out and she was caught by police. She says that she was seconds away from going to jail until Toriel came in and revealed that she had received the deed to her family from her grandfather to come and stay at her orphanage until she had a new home.</p><p> </p><p>

It’s there she starts going on an expletive filled rant where she just gets angrier with each passing word. She openly admits that she would rather rot in jail than live in a place where everyone is happy and cheerful when they don’t see the harsh realities of life and that if she had the chance, she would murder Toriel with her own bare hands, acting out what would happen. (“BAM! One punch, BAM! Two punches, BAM! Three punches, and so on and so forth until she was nothing more than a lifeless, bloody husk of a woman”) Her rant ends, Sparrow, looking on in shock. He regains his composure and after giving it some thought can only say to her, “You and I are a lot more in common than I thought” Her eyes peek of interest and she asks him what she did.</p><p> </p><p>

We cut to inside a recording studio; we see Sammy recording a song for an album. He finishes recording, and he shrugs at the final outcome. “Could probably use a little more bass, but otherwise it’s teflon” He hums to himself and gets his phone, he checks his calendar and notes that next week he is to head off on a tour with the famed singer Beyonce. “Beyonce, you’re gonna take me to the top” He smirks confidently and proceeds to work on instrumentals. His phone starts to ring, he picks it up and answers it.</p><p> </p><p>

It’s Cortez. Cortez nervously asks Sammy what he’s doing, Sammy responds that he is recording his debut solo album. “I call it, Streetwise with Sammy Smalls” Cortez warns him to watch himself as The Crow has said that he might be coming for him soon. Sammy finds it ridiculous and asks who this ‘Crow’ fellow is? “I’m not quite sure, but I do remember that he wore black clothing, had a trenchcoat, had that weird black and white facepaint on him and...I don’t know why, but he reminded me of someone...someone who at point we were close too”</p><p> </p><p>

Sammy is still skeptical over the news and asks if Cortez has been smoking again. And not just cigarettes. He ensures that whoever this ‘Crow’ guy is, he’ll be happy to give him a spot in one of his songs for the album. It’s not likely though as he seems like one of those teenage emos who like to spray graffiti on the walls and listen to those god-awful heavy metal bands. “The ones who try to murder their throats by shouting everything they say especially”</p><p> </p><p>

What he doesn’t know is that The Crow has snuck up behind his back and has listened to the entire conversation. Sammy finally notices him and tells Cortez that he will call him back. The Crow stares angrily at Sammy as he condescendingly tries to get him to join his album, he asks him if he can sing. No response. He again tries to cajole him to sing, still nothing. Annoyed by his ‘lack of cooperation’, he questions why he came here in the first place. The Crow grabs him by the chest and in a sinister tone tells him that he’s come for him. </p><p> </p><p>

The battle that follows is sudden and abrupt as The Crow pummels Sammy Smalls throughout the entire recording room. It becomes clear early on that Sammy is out of his depth when it comes to fighting as he does not throw a single succesful punch.</p><p> </p><p>

Beaten down and desperate to save face, he throws his phone him. Like magic, he catches the phone and holds onto it. He grasps onto it, increasingly getting stronger in his grip. Inevitably, his grip grows so song that it breaks his phone to pieces. Devastated, Sammy tries to recover the pieces. Enraged, he charges after The Crow; but the Crow throws him onto the instrument synthesizer. He notices a glass of water next to it, he grabs it and demands for Sammy’s last words. Petrified for his life, he stumbles over his words and says “I’m...suing?” </p><p> </p><p>

He throws the water on the synthesizer and it sparks up with volts and shocks, electrocuting Sammy; The Crow flees the presences and closes the door behind him just before the synthesizer explodes. After hearing the explosion, he re-enters slowly; making sure that the coast is clear. He sees that the recording room is completely totalled, the synthesizer destroyed and Sammy’s lifeless body, scorched, covered in ashes .and still with electric aftershocks. The Crow smiles and he says to himself that there are two more people he must go through.</p><p> </p><p>

The hot topic across Detroit the next day is the death of Sammy Smalls and The Crow’s involvement with said murder. As the police continue to try and find the whereabouts of The Crow and where and who he will attack next, Sgt. Albrecht has a press conference talking about the matter. One reporter asks him where this story will head to next, He admits that it’s puzzling to him, he thought after twenty years he would never have to go through this again. “I remember the last person who was The Crow. Eric Draven, rising musician, movie star good looks, and had a sort of charisma to him. A gang murdered him and raped his fiancee, and i’m sure you know what happened next”</p><p> </p><p>

He finds this new Crow to be awfully similar in terms of character and status before their death and ‘resurrection’, but also notes that this new incarnation of The Crow is...different. He is not sure what it is about him, but something about him seems more belligerent than the one before him. “You have to remember, he’s not going after crack dealers or gangbangers; he’s going after normal, everyday people.” Albrecht promises to keep a close eye on the matter, another reporter asks if he has gotten any closer to solving the Troy Larson murder case; but Albrecht asks for no further questions and heads off in a huff.</p><p> </p><p>

Later that day, Albrecht is shown in his office; trying to put together the pieces of the Troy Larson murder case when the door opens without any warning. He takes a look at who it is that opened the door, it is The Crow himself. Albrecht welcomes him in and says that he has been waiting to talk to him. The Crow sits down in a chair and Albrecht gets down to business. He tells him that he knows who he is and how he got here, but he doesn’t know why he’s here and what his game is.</p><p> </p><p>

The Crow explains his mission, he claims that he knows exactly who killed Troy Larson. “A man who he once loved, once trusted, once called his best friend. A man, who betrayed him in the blink of an eye” Albrecht questions whether his actions are justified despite this said betrayal. The Crow does not care, all he is hoping for is to avenge his demise and rid the world of a ‘traitor gone amuck’. Uneasily, Albrecht and The Crow come to an agreement (or as he calls him, the ‘New’ Crow) and form an alliance to track down the ‘traitor’ and put an end to the whole ordeal once and for all.</p><p> </p><p>

Sparrow is then shown with Wendy waving goodbye to Toriel, it is shown that he is taking her somewhere very special. She does not know what it is, but wants to see how he can humor her, it seems that they are a lot closer now that they’ve gotten to know each other a lot better. He asks her to close her eyes, she obliges with no hesitance. </p><p> </p><p>

When they get to their destination, he tells her to open her eyes. It is a park, complete with swings, a slide, monkey bars, a see-saw and even a sandbox. Beside it, there is a little lake where ducks swim across as some men are fishing. Sparrow explains that this is the place where he first met Troy Larson, at the sandbox where Sparrow was attempting to make the biggest sandcastle in the history of ‘sandcastle-ry’. (“That’s the dumbest thing i’ve ever heard you say...Does it contain bombs?”)</p><p> </p><p>

After answering that question, (it’s a no) it’s revealed that Troy really liked his sandcastle and asked if he could help build it. He let him join and after sometime; they became the best of friends. “From that day on, we did everything together. Attended the same schools, played the same sports, learned the same things and had the same interests” They became such good friends that they eventually created their own band. The Birds of Tomorrow, and within a few years; they became the talk of the town. “And everything was going well...that was, until…” </p><p> </p><p>

Sparrow trails off, the memories of his actions coming back to him. Wendy finishes his sentence for him. “You shot him?” Sparrow sighs heavily and tells her abruptly to run along and play as he needs to do some thinking. Confused, Wendy wanders off to see what type of fun she could do in this place. Sparrow sits on a bench, clearly stressed; thinking about all that has happened after his involvement in the last few days. All of a sudden, the phone rings; he answers it. Elizabeth is heard, she asks him if he’s heard about the death of Sammy which sends him into a state of shock. (“Oh my god…”)</p><p> </p><p>

Distressed, he tells her that she needs to save herself. Because after Sammy, it is likely that Monroe will be next to face the wrath of The Crow and then it will be her and then it he’ll come for- he stops again. He panics to himself realizing that his life may soon be next. He frantically tells her that he has to go, telling her to warn Monroe quickly and hangs up. We see that Wendy at the sandbox making what appears to be a sandcastle, complete with a demolition machine and a bomb shelter of all things. Sparrow comes up to her out of nowhere and tells her that they have to go. “Go? But I’m in the middle of making a sandcastle!” But that is not important, they need to go now before it’s too late.</p><p> </p><p>

Wendy tries to question his rationale, but all he can keep saying is “The Crow is coming to get me…”, Wendy, who has heard about him but has never actually seen him asks Sparrow what The Crow wants from him, listing off various occurrences such as family issues, last second meeting in the alleyway, maybe he lost a bet or something. But even so, all Sparrow can speak or think about is ‘The Crow’, mumbling on and on like a crazed psychopath. “He’ll kill me, that’s what he’ll do. He’ll stab me then kill me. Gotta be prepared, gotta save my ass before it’s too late”</p><p> </p><p>

They enter inside Sparrow’s house and he goes up to the kitchen where he spots a knife. He puts it in his pocket, he stumbles into another room and picks up from the wall, a gun. He checks to see if there are any bullets in them, there seems to be enough to last him as he puts it in his other pocket. Wendy compliments his choice of weapons but is still very confused by the whole situation, what does The Crow doing with him, why does he need weapons in the first place and what is going to happen that involves him and The Crow.</p><p> </p><p>

It is there Sparrow looks at Wendy’s face and finally cracks. He confesses to her that for a while he’s been having terrible thoughts about The Crow, he thinks about him when he wakes up, when he has breakfast, when he goes to work, when he heads for home, everywhere he goes he cannot stop thinking about him. When he goes to sleep at night, he has nightmares of the day when he finally comes after him. “He’s already got two people, two more he says and I’m next”. So he’s not taking any chances, He has to be prepared for when the day comes.</p><p> </p><p>

He continues to pack up certain weapons and place them in his pockets, Wendy asks him the million dollar question -abit now more subdued than usual- “Is this because of what you did?” Sparrow nods in defeat. “So because of some bs shooting you caused, you now feel like you have to act like a crazed maniac in front of everyone? That’s pretty sad if you ask me” Sparrow has no idea what else he can do, this is his life and the lives of others on the line and he has to do what he can to ensure his and others survival.</p><p> </p><p>

Wendy is less than impressed by this confession and criticizes him for his lack of tenacity. “Whoever this Crow guy is, he can (expletive) off. So you allegedly killed some dude who was your friend, good for you. That’s the only crime you’ve ever committed. The Crow’s probably got like hundreds of felonies at this point, he’s basically George Zimmerman if George was a total psychopath. But the fact that you won’t come up to him and face him like a man is what really irks me,” She tells Sparrow that he has to let go of his irrational fear and hit him where it hurts. “He’s got to have something in him that makes him tick” Sparrow says that Troy once had a girlfriend named Elizabeth, which Wendy tells him to use. Sparrow is still quite unsure about the whole thing, It is there that Wendy gives him some crucial advice.</p><p> </p><p>

“Listen, you can be afraid all you want; but when it comes time for the big show, you better be ready. This isn’t some cowardly hit and run where you can get away with a cheap attack from behind, this is a full-fledged brawl where only one of you can come out alive. And yeah, I admit; this is really hypocritical coming from the girl who murdered her own parents, but that was out of anger. I chose my own destiny, and now I have to live with it. You have control of your own destiny, now use it and pray to God that it works in your favor”</p><p> </p><p>

Sparrow thanks Wendy for the advice and the two nearly exchange a hug, Wendy restrains herself just before she can. Sparrow heads off, feeling much better for himself. Wendy looks on and begins to ponder if maybe, just maybe inside her soul there is some sort of light inside after all.</p><p> </p><p>

That night, Cortez is desperately shown trying to call Monroe, but does not get any response much to his frustration. A knock on the door is heard, he tells them to come in. The door opens and in enters Elizabeth who asks him if he has gotten contact Monroe yet. He tells her that he hasn’t heard from him all day. Cortez and Elizabeth begin to worry about his current whereabouts and his condition until Elizabeth gets a horrible thought. “What if...what if he’s already got him?” Realizing that they have to hurry, they rush out the door and hop into the car, Cortez exclaims that they should get Sparrow first since he’s the only one who seems to have an idea as to what’s going on as the car screeches off into the night.</p><p> </p><p>

Monroe is shown walking along the streets of Detroit seemingly paying close attention to the road. All of a sudden, a blinding light comes up and shines at him. The door closes and out comes Sgt. Albrecht, he wishes him a good evening and heads off into the distance. Confused, he shrugs it off and continues to walk. But as he walks, he begins to notice that someone is stalking him. But before he can turn around, it vanishes. </p><p> </p><p>

The third time it happens, he catches the person in the act and starts to ask him what he’s getting out of him stalking him. He then realizes who he is staring at. The Crow, the guy that took Sammy’s life. “He was a great man, and you killed him when you had the chance!” But Monroe vows not to let the same thing happen to him or anyone else. The two circle each other, sizing the competition, then they charge at each other like raging bulls.</p><p> </p><p>

At this point the storylines begin to synchronize with themselves, Cortez and Elizabeth pick up Sparrow and try to ask him as to where Monroe is, last he heard he was headed to an MMA event across the corner. He gives him directions as to where Monroe is headed for and Cortez follows every step he gives out, while this is happening; Elizabeth calls the police to come and follow the scene of the fight.</p><p> </p><p>

Speaking of the fight, it becomes obvious first hand that this is a far more even match up than Cortez or Smalls as Monroe seems to have an answer for The Crow’s every move. Whenever The Crow tries to soar high, Monroe responds by going low. With no weapons to aid The Crow or Monroe, it turns into a full-blown street fight with Monroe even showing some MMA tactics like taking The Crow down with a takedown and trying to break his arm with an Americanrana submission hold. The Crow breaks free and tends to his wounds, which heal very quickly.</p><p> </p><p>

Realizing that the only way to take him out is to take drastic measures, Monroe gets from out of his pocket a switchblade knife and dares him to come forward. The Crow wisely resists, knowing the consequences. At the end of his rope, he throws the knife at him in the hopes that it lands and stabs him. Instead, he catches the knife with his left arm. Monroe laughs it off, egging him on to do something stupid. </p><p> </p><p>

He keeps this up until he hears a sharp piercing sound, slowly he looks down and notices the knife right smack dab on his stomach. “So, I guess that’s it then…” For some odd reason, he smiles rather crookedly. He tells The Crow (if it really is him) that he’s heard the story of The Crow, he was the vigilante who had few true allies and sought out only to destroy those who wronged him. He was the one who rose from the ashes to redeem his soul, he was the one that was chosen by ‘him’ -referring to the bird that has followed him all this time, giving out the orders- to seek out a different kind of justice. After today, all he proved was that he was nothing more than a fake.</p><p> </p><p>

“The Real Crow wouldn’t kill off his friends for some petty spite mission” Monroe says as the blood continues to spill out of his body. The Crow was supposed to represent independence, truthfulness and above all else freedom to be who they wanted to be inside. But now, with him staggered down on his knees, about to head off into that good night tells him that The Crow was dead…</p><p> </p><p>

“And you killed him…” He takes his final breath and closes his eyes, ready to head off into that good night. The Crow can only look on, feeling nothing but apathy as he takes the knife out of the body of Monroe and puts it in his pocket. (The bird itself is taken aback by these words) It’s at this point the cars of Cortez and the police arrive. They realize that they are too late. “He got the son of a bitch…” Cortez calls out softly, shocked. Elizabeth looks on devastated, and then she realizes that The Crow is taking a look at his surroundings.</p><p> </p><p>

He turns to see Cortez’s car and slowly, but steadily walks up to it. He takes a good look at the people inside it, all those inside waiting to see what his next move would be. After some thought, he points at Elizabeth to the confusion of Cortez and Sparrow and they leave her to deal with him. The two look on, Elizabeth absolutely petrified at the surroundings. Finally, after what seems like forever, he gets out the bloodied knife and sinisterly tells her that she is next on his list.</p><p> </p><p>

He heads for the car doors, only to be blocked by Cortez as he drives the car up and out of the way. The Crow looks on, knowing that soon, very soon his mission will be complete. As this is happening, all Albrecht can do is look on in disappointment and shame. He looks at a picture of Eric Draven as The Crow and then The New Crow and bows his head, sadly to himself. “‘You are not who you once were…”</p><p> </p><p>

Later that night, Sparrow tries desperately to get some sleep; but he can’t. He has completely relapsed on thinking about The Crow, but this time it’s not about what will happen when he faces The Crow, it is about all the pain and suffering he has caused. He has haunting flashbacks to Sammy, then to Monroe, then he thinks about Elizabeth and how she too might face the wrath of the vigilante hero gone rogue.</p><p> </p><p>

This is enough for him to finally snap, he rushes out of bed and puts on a pair of clothes. (With the same jeans with weapons in their pockets) Just before he leaves, he gets out his notepad and pen and begins to write a farewell note, seemingly for Toriel. ‘It’s time. The end is coming. I must go and face what I have created. Tell Wendy that I loved being with her. Goodbye forever.’ When he finishes, he exits his house and gets into his car and after sending his note on the front door of Toriel’s orphanage and begins to make a long journey to someone’s house. Elizabeth’s house.</p><p> </p><p>

He stops his car at her garage, just a few inches before he car. There, he opens the door and silently makes his way to Elizabeth’s bedroom. When he gets there, he notices her sleeping soundly. He creeps up slowly, ever so slowly...But clearly not softly enough as she wakes up and half tired and half irritated asks Sparrow what it is he’s doing in her house at two in the morning. Sparrow tells her that he found a way to end The Crow. (“That’s very nice. But what does that have to do with-”)</p><p> </p><p>

Suddenly, Elizabeth begins to realize a pattern in Sparrow’s erratic behavior as flashbacks to her two calls with him and the distant look he had on his eyes as they drove off to find The Crow come back to her. She looks at him like if he was a complete stranger and asks him if he murdered her boyfriend. Sparrow wishes he had come out with it sooner, but yes he did.</p><p> </p><p>

It is now Elizabeth’s turn to go on a rage as she tries to fight off Sparrow, tears ravaging her eyes as she shouts him out for murdering her boyfriend. Sparrow tries to keep calm about the whole situation, but after sometime, he has enough and lunges down towards her. The camera cuts to black before we can see what he does to Elizabeth, but we do get a glimpse of what might have happened as Sparrow is then shown driving off to an unknown place.</p><p> </p><p>

The next day, Wendy wakes up to the sound of soft crying. She comes down from upstairs to see what the matter is. Toriel is shown, holding a note; her tears slightly soaking the note. Showing some sign of concern, but attempt to shrug it off she comes up to Toriel and asks her what is wrong. Trying to hold back anymore tears, she tells Wendy that she got a note from Sparrow. But that’s as fat as she goes before she breaks down and starts to cry again, Wendy takes the note from the hands of Toriel and looks at it. “Oh, f--k.”</p><p> </p><p>

Cortez is then shown in his car driving to his job at the bar when his phone rings. He answers it and hears a voice he doesn’t recognize, (Wendy’s) he asks who this is and the concerned voice tries to tell him to pick him up but he refuses claiming he is ‘not a pedophile’, “Cut the bullshit, pick me up now!” Cortez demands to know the name of the ‘little girl’, and after revealing her name explains the situation. Without any further thought, Cortez heads off to the orphanage reaching speeds he does not usually reach and even dodging some of the traffic that passes him by. When he reaches the orphanage and picks her up, Wendy tells him to step on it and don’t stop until he finds Sparrow.</p><p> </p><p>

The Crow lurks through the alleyways and slums of Detroit, not making contact with any of the other people around him. For the first time in a long while, he begins to feel something other than anger or vengeance. Guilt. He has flashbacks to everything he has done up to this point, leading up to the words Monroe said to him that clearly still stick within his mind. He looks at himself and shakes his head in disgust. “Is this who I have become?” He asks himself. </p><p> </p><p>

He turns to his bird for advice, it stays still, leaving him to make his own decision. At first, he considers walking away from the crow, effectively abandoning his mission and thus his powers. But he changes his mind at the very last second, saying that he must finish what he has started.</p><p> </p><p>

Sparrow is shown at a faraway place, seemingly on the edges of Detroit are. The car seemingly just centimeters away from what seems like a cliff, he gets out of his seat and opens the truck. It is there we see the fate of Elizabeth, unconscious, -perhaps even drugged- with on a black bra on her chest, the same short miniskirt that barely covered her waist and on her mouth duct-tape. He tells her gently to wake up, she does so, one eye slightly more alive than the other. </p><p> </p><p>

She tries to get a picture of what is happening with her eyes, but everything is a complete blur. Sparrow smiles creepily as he gets out from his pocket a gun, he assures her not to be afraid as it will only hurt for a little bit. He looks her, a feeling of remorse on his face. Suddenly, he points his gun high up in the air and shoots a bullet; apparently goading The Crow to come after him.</p><p> </p><p>

The Crow, Cortez and Wendy hear the gunshot coming from straight away. Cortez isn’t quite sure where it came from, Wendy tells him to follow The Crow as he jumps from building after building to find the edges of Detroit. The two sides race to get to the edge as the stakes continue to rise with each passing second.</p><p> </p><p>

Having blown off some steam with the first shot, Sparrow turns to Elizabeth again and begs for forgiveness for what he is about to do next...When out of nowhere The Crow arrives, (With Cortez and Wendy not far behind) warning Sparrow not to shoot. Sparrow walks off his way, putting away the gun for a later time. </p><p> </p><p>

The Crow comes up to Elizabeth and rips the duct tape away from her mouth. The Crow helps her up to her feet and she stands, though unsteadily. The two look at each other once more, and soon The Crow has flashbacks of the day they first met, to their first performance, their first date and the day she gave him that lap dance. The Crow proceeds to then tenderly kiss Elizabeth on the lips, seemingly taking away the powers of the drug by doing so. When he is finished, he looks at her with remorse as she realizes what has happened. “I’m sorry…” He tells her, “I’m sorry for what I have done...and for what I must do” </p><p> </p><p>

He looks at Sparrow, grabbing out the switchblade knife from his pocket. The same going for Sparow. Wendy and Cortez realize what shall happen next and brace for impact. And just like that, the two go at it; exchanging in what appears to be some sort of a sword fight with their knifes. The Crow and Sparrow seem to be evenly matched and Sparrow even suffers a few cuts on the arm and the chest from the Crow’s knife. Cortez is shown calling for police to settle things, but Wendy eggs the two combatants to keep fighting. But soon, Sparrow makes one false move and the knife flies out of his hand and into The Crow’s.</p><p> </p><p>

Set back into his car, he desperately thinks of something, anything that can get him out of this situation. He then realizes that he has one weapon left, his gun. “You want me so badly?” He cries out, “Let’s go you son of a bitch!” And he begins to rapidly fire bullet after bullet to try and take down The Crow, but even as they hit, they don’t hurt him or even slow him down. The police arrive in the scene at this point and Albrecht looks at what is happening to his shock. “What in the name of-” But that’s as far as he can go before bullets hit his car. He flees and enters in Cortez’s car where he instantly recognizes one certain Wendy. (“Hey, wait a minute. Don’t I know you?”)</p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile, Sparrow continues to fire shots until the bird starts to caw real loudly; disrupting him and his aim. His final shot, accidentally hits himself in the stomach with a bullet. Feeling a sharp wound of pain, he catapults his gun up in the sky and into the hands of The Crow. With no more weapons up his sleeve, he begins to realize that the end is in sight for him. The Crow comes up to him slowly, one bullet left in the trigger. He asks Sparrow if he has any last words.</p><p> </p><p>

Sparrow says that he does, he tells him to go ahead and finish him off if he so wants to. “But if you do,” He warns. “Just know that this all happened because of an accident” The Crow is confused by what he means and waits to see what he says. “Don’t you remember Troy? The moment I shot you, it wasn’t meant to be like that. I got drunk off my mind, some dingbat tried to threaten me and I started to mock him for his low IQ. You remember don’t you?”</p><p> </p><p>

It all comes back to him, the last moments before he was shot. The flashbacks play once again, it is revealed that Sparrow did not take the threat of the guy seriously at all; heckling him for being a ‘tough guy in a pussy’s outfit’. Everyone (especially Troy) laughed away as Sparrow continued to taunt him, going as far as to take his gun and mock him trying to shoot the gun and failing miserably. The first two times he does it, nothing comes out as Sparrow shouts out an over-the-top ‘BAM!’, aiming his gun at both Sammy and Monroe. He then aims at Troy and begins to joke around even more. Then he pulls the trigger...and a bullet comes out.</p><p> </p><p>

The Crow stops dead in his tracks, he is stunned to the point that he can’t tell what is real and what’s not. Sparrow tells him that they have been friends for as long as he can remember, “We’ve been through everything together, aced school, broke laws, started a band, you name it, we did it.” And throughout his lifetime, he’s gotten to him for the tender, loving, kind soul that he is. And if something he did is going to throw all of it away, then he would kill himself than have someone kill him. “Troy, or Crow, or whoever is in there. If you still have a heart inside, please...don’t let my mistake be the end of our friendship”</p><p> </p><p>

The Crow is stunned, he doesn’t know what to think. And then, the memories play. That first day they met at the sandbox, that moment where Sparrow invited him to join in building his sandcastle, the moment they actually finished it and got interviewed by the news stations for it, the day they learned how to play guitar and drums, the moment they started ‘The Birds of Tomorrow’, brought in Sammy Smalls, Brett Monroe and Diego Cortez, the day Troy and Sparrow graduated high school, the day Troy and Elizabeth announced that they were dated, and finally, the very last time the five of them were all together; At the club, having fun like they did back in the old day.</p><p> </p><p>

The Crow struggles with what his next move should be. He turns to the black bird for advice, it does not respond. In fact, it does nothing; seemingly like it too realizes that killing Sparrow to avenge himself would not be worth it in the long run. The Crow puts down his gun, comes up to Sparrow and helps him up, also getting rid of whatever wounds he had suffered during their fight. And with a small smile on his face he quietly, but profoundly; thanks him for showing that he still had some good left in this tortured world they live in. And the two embrace in a hug.</p><p> </p><p>

“Oh my baby! My baby!” Another voice cries out, breaking this heartfelt moment. It is Toriel, who appears to have been searching for Wendy all day. She hugs her tightly, in a joyful bray of tears. “Oh thank the heavens you’re alright!” Sparrow and The Crow can only smile and laugh at Wendy’s misfortune. (As she mouths for someone to get her out of here) Albrecht then motions everyone to take a look at something.</p><p> </p><p>

The crow takes a look at it’s surroundings, seemingly attempting to make a decision. Having seen and been with The Crow this entire time…He decides that it is time for it to fly off, effectively declaring The Crow’s mission complete. Everyone looks on as the blackened bird flies away into the distance, likely not to be seen again for a long time.</p><p> </p><p>

Later that day, as the sun begins to set on the horizon, everyone gathers round the cemetery to say goodbye to The Crow. In return, he blesses everyone with hope and luck for a brighter future to come their way. He saves his most emotional goodbye for Sparrow whom he declares now controls the ‘fate of tomorrow’. With it, he says he now has complete power over the destiny of his friends. He hopes that he will use it to bring amongst what little good is left in this world. Sparrow thanks him and the two hug for one last time.</p><p> </p><p>

And then, the final act. The Crow begins to weaken, he staggers on one knee and crawls his way back to his grave (which is now surrounded next to Monroe’s and Sammy’s) and closes his eyes for the last time, his soul (sans face-paint) finally at peace with the world around him. As everyone heads off for home, Albrecht takes one final look at the grave of Troy Larson and gently smiles and says the poignant lines. “You truly are a resurrection of the past”</p><p> </p><p>

A montage is shown as to what happened to everyone after The Crow’s departure.</p><p> </p><p>

Toriel Walden still manages the orphanage where she happily takes a watchful eye on the little ones.</p><p> </p><p>

Diego quit his job at the bar and now works as a graphic novelist, as we speak; he is currently writing and illustrating his own comic book chronicling the story of The Crow.</p><p> </p><p>

Sgt. Albrecht has retired and moved away from Detroit to live in San Francisco.</p><p> </p><p>

Elizabeth’s career took off when she ended up on in one of Adam Lambert’s newest music videos and is now considered to be one of the top sex symbols in all of America, if not the world. She still keeps in touch with Sparrow and Diego to this day.</p><p> </p><p>

After much paperwork, Wendy was adopted by Sparrow and thanks to his influence is now training to become an MMA fighter. Her dream is to one day be in the UFC and be one of the top women lightweights in the world.</p><p> </p><p>

Sparrow eventually restarted his music career and became a hit in Detroit as ‘The Bird of Tomorrow’. His current album ‘Touch of Troy’ currently sits at no. 1 of the top 40 billboards and has so for the past few months.</p><p> </p><p>

And as for the crow? Legend has it he’s still flying across the streets of America, looking for the next person to take pity on and grant its powers to give them a chance to avenge themselves. For as long as the crow flies in the sky, there will always be something looking to be…</p><p> </p><p>

Resurrected.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Extra Info:</p><p>

OOC: Ok, confession time. Up to this point, I have never fully watched The Crow. For the most part, I went into this completely blind…</p><p> </p><p>

However, I did some research on the movie so I could get the overall gist of what made The Crow so interesting to viewers. It isn’t perfect, (far from it actually) but hopefully it’s faithful enough to it’s predecessor and it shakes the bad taste of the sequels.</p><p> </p><p>

IC: Some head members of The Viper’s Den casting crew were somewhat concerned about Hayley Faith Negrin appearing in her first adult feature, but rest assured; she knew the risks and we worked with her to ensure she was ready for such a role. Test audiences showed that they liked this change of pace, so we are confident that the critics feel the same. (It is also important as she has two of the movie’s most crucial monologues.)</p><p> </p><p>

Any extra characters involved were played by local people across Detroit in a case of goodwill to the state.</p><p> </p><p>

BUDGET</p><p>

› Talent Cost: $10,870,000</p><p>

› Production Cost: $4,865,000 </p><p>

› Marketing Cost: $4,865,000</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jack ryder" data-cite="jack ryder" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43564" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am surely interested in Fantasy worlds and Superheroes. One of my dream movies in my pipeline is based on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" but I think I first need to impress the Marvel Studios to get their license. <p> </p><p> @Andrew If action is your thing maybe you can go 007 route or build DC a good cinematic universe. You absolutely have the resources to do it. Or a movie on Vince McMahon.</p></div></blockquote><p> The previously planned "Agents of Shield" is canned because of some new and interesting developments in the TV series.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jack ryder" data-cite="jack ryder" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43564" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The previously planned "Agents of Shield" is canned because of some new and interesting developments in the TV series.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Question, why not just applying these new developments in your movie? It would be better for your movie instead of just cancelling it altogether.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43564" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Question, why not just applying these new developments in your movie? It would be better for your movie instead of just cancelling it altogether.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My movie had a very different approach. Now with the cliffhanger the first 1/3rd of movie could not be achieved. </p><p> Now we don't even know where all the members are present.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jack ryder" data-cite="jack ryder" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43564" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My movie had a very different approach. Now with the cliffhanger the first 1/3rd of movie could not be achieved. <p> Now we don't even know where all the members are present.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You could always do a reboot.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HRTVAndrew" data-cite="HRTVAndrew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43564" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You could always do a reboot.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe an out of the cannon story.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43564" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Still anxiously waiting for the review. Am leaving for school awards ceremony soon, if review isn't here by then, I will wait for it tomorrow.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> PLOT TWIST: Your awards ceremony is actually the Golden Globes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HRTVAndrew" data-cite="HRTVAndrew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43564" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>PLOT TWIST: Your awards ceremony is actually the Golden Globes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm proud to announce that The Viper's Den has won the award for Best Director and best soundtrack for Aces and Eights and Colette.</p><p> </p><p> We also are in the running for worst actor in an major role (Alexander Rybak and Steve Burns) and worst picture of the year (Bars) for the Razzies.</p><p> </p><p> And then there's the Annie Awards who we have sent Colette and Greenwater Amusements out in the hopes it wins Best Animated Feature, Best Director and Best Soundtrack.</p><p> </p><p> In short: The Viper’s Den is in a winning mood.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43564" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Man, this movie is turning out to be a beast as dramatic flicks go. But that said, I also feel like it's coming well. Half Gainer should be worthy of full marks when the time comes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No need to rush. Flame has gone missing in action and there's no word on where he is or when he'll be back.</p><p> </p><p> Good luck with your movie though, i'm sure it's a doozy worthy of five stars considering how long you've been working on it.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"><strong>THE CROW: RESURRECTED (STUDIO: THE VIPER'S DEN)</strong></span></div></div><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

The Crow is back, badder than ever! The Viper's Den have brought the cult icon from shabby straight-to-DVD releases to it's original home, the big screen. The original Crow's spirit is transformed to homicide victim Troy Larson (played by Shia LaBeouf), who goes on a frenzy on all of his band mates in a linear man-of-a-mission fashion. Director Alex Proyas (who also directed the original The Crow) manages to bring out the best of the Crow character, even if LaBeouf is a tad wooden at times. The movie is more about smashing faces though and that it does well, the production budget allowed Proyas to go wild with the scenes.</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

The casting is a bit peculiar, who thought to see these talent in a dark film like this? None manage to raise the bar except for young Hayley Faith Negrin. She did well in the previous production of The Viper's Den, Colette, was brought back and did even better this time! It was a risk giving her all this screen time but she utilized it the most out of all the minor cast. The scene where she tells the story of her parents' death is harrowing, there are sure to be a few parents going home tonight to their kids afraid!</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

The ending is a bit sappy, maybe The Crow should have killed him regardless. In a bizarre way, The Crow was sort of the protagonist of the story and not getting the revenge on the antagonist — a murderer — seemed a bit lackluster in the end. Still some are bound to like it and it is a mere minor complaint amidst otherwise a solid plot. With this effort, The Viper's Den are rapidly rising up the ranks.</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

</span></div><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"><span style="color:#008000;"><strong>3.8</strong></span></span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"><span style="color:#008000;"><strong>

[CRITICAL RATING]</strong></span></span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

TOTAL BUDGET: $20M</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

TOTAL BOX OFFICE REVENUE: $33.5M</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

</span></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"><span style="font-size:8px;"><span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong>-50%</strong></span></span></span></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"><span style="font-size:8px;"> BOX OFFICE REVENUE FOR RIGHTS: </span></span></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"><span style="font-size:8px;"><strong><span style="color:#FF0000;">-$16.75M</span></strong></span></span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

TOTAL FROM PHYSICAL COPIES: $9.5M</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

THE VIPER'S DEN made a profit of $6.25M, your total balance now stands at $26.85M.</span></div></div><p></p><p></p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;"> </span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

TALENT NOTES:</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

› Alex Proyas was great. His Ability (Directing) has gone from 3.5 to 3.8</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

› Shia LaBeouf was weak and his performance hurt the movie in the box office. His Ability (Star Power) has gone from 3.0 to 2.8</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

› The increased exposure of Margot Robbie was very well received, even though her performance was unmotivating.</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

› Hayley Faith Negrin pulled out the best pure performance. Her Ability (Star Power) has gone from 0.2 to 0.4</span></div><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-family:Consolas;">

</span></div><p> </p><p>

--</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Mercenaries 2 (Studio: Tompkins Square Studios)</strong></p><p>

» (for the role of the director) Sylvester Stallone asks for $3.6M. He would be unhappy if you went with another director, considering he starred and directed the first film. Oliver Stone asks for $4.7M. Ron Howard asks for $5.2M. Guy Ritchie asks for $3.4M.</p><p>

» (for the role of Craig Miles) Sylvester Stallone asks for $8.0M, or $9.8M in total if you cast him as both the lead and director.</p><p>

» (for the role of Leanne Martinez) Halle Berry asks for $6.2M.</p><p>

» (for the role of Mrs. Jones) Uma Thurman asks for $3.7M.</p><p>

» (for the role of Billy Sanders) Idris Elba asks for $2.3M.</p><p>

» (for the role of Benji Frankson) Michael Cera asks for $700K.</p><p>

» (for the role of Gary Macklin) Bryan Cranston asks for $1.0M.</p><p>

» (for the role of James Bradley Jr.) Elijah Wood asks for $570K. Jay Baruchel asks for $740K. Andrew Garfield asks for $500K. Aaron Paul asks for $500K.</p><p>

» (for the role of Jenny Lewis) Selena Gomez asks for $590K. Jessica Alba asks for $620K. Dianna Agron asks for $430K. Hayden Panettiere asks for $430K.</p><p>

» (for the role of Alejandro Vargas) Danny Trejo asks for $550K. Benjamin Bratt asks for $600K. James Franco asks for $850K. John Turturro asks for $170K.</p><p>

» (for the role of Floyd) Terry Crews asks for $720K. Steve Austin asks for $500K. Dave Bautista asks for $130K. Joe Manganiello asks for $350K.</p>

<p>The Viper's Den is back in business! So worth the wait.</p><p> </p><p>

Thoughts-</p><p> </p><p>

Shia LaBeouf, as disappointing as he was, was picked up so much by Alex Poryas that it doesn't hurt as bad as it could have been.</p><p> </p><p>

Hayley Faith Negrin. My girl killed it out there, watching her give those monologues was so chilling that I swear I saw a few cast members visibly shaken. Will definitely be working with again and in a much bigger role. (Next to Alex Poryas, the MVP of the entire movie)</p><p> </p><p>

Margot Robbie is hot. As shown in Suicide Squad and The Wolf of Wall Street, she is one of the sexiest actresses in Hollywood right now and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we had her back for another movie.</p><p> </p><p>

As sappy as the ending may have sounded, we felt like it was the only way the movie could end without reprecussions. (An alternative ending would be that Sparrow would have killed the crow instead of Troy, thus taking Troy's spirit away from him)</p><p> </p><p>

Really happy with the box office and how the movie came out overall, I wanted to take a risk and clearly that risk paid off.</p><p> </p><p>

Alright, enough dwelling. It's time to move on to a movie i've been wanting to get to for a long time now. And the best part? The first draft is already done. I can literally just do a few edits and be done with it by tomorrow.</p><p> </p><p>

What is this movie? It's called...</p><p> </p><p>

› Title: Genesis</p><p>

› Genre: Political Drama (with sprinkles of comedy)</p><p>

› Brief Summary Of The Plot: The story of a divided country in a land not too far from our’s, and the man who won the love of the people, but broke the love of his father along the way.</p><p>

› Rating: R</p><p>

› Production Cost:</p><p>

› Marketing Cost:</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Director: We’re going to try our luck with some people we’ve never dealt with before. Martin Scorsese, M. Night Shyamalan, Roland Emmerich and Nicholas Meyer.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Main Characters:</p><p>

Kevin Hallstein: The man in question, son of former president Phillip Hallstein. Not really a political person, he’d rather be a fisherman. And why not? He’s pretty good at catching fish. He never expected any of this to happen; he was just your normal, every day guy who wanted to help people in his native land of Kazaria; he thought he was a little flame that would burn out in a few months; but somehow, someway; he's tapped in the angry disenfranchised demographic for his populist campaign and has driven the ire of the Old Elite.</p><p>

Contact: So Shia, how would you like to drive your career to Mach 5? You can with this movie.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Phillip Hallstein: Former president of Kazaria, member of the Lion Party and has a strong pull amongst it; during his heyday, he was one of the most progressive lions ever to walk the face of Kazaria and enjoyed a successful two terms in office. In recent years, he has seemingly retired from politics to raise his son Kevin to continue his legacy. (What few people know is that he is now part of a group called the ‘Old Elite’)</p><p>

Contact: Ben Kingsley, Ian McKellen, Brendan Gleeson and Richard Armtridge.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Trent Lowe: Kevin Hallstein’s best friend since middle school, one of the passionate liberals of the ‘Lion’ party and ultimately the reason Kevin enace running a populist candidacy. Lowe is virtually the reason Kevin ends up with the fanbase he does, claiming to do what he thinks is right for the candidacy; but consistently blackmails the press for viewing time and runs increasingly authoritarian rallies.</p><p>

Contact: Elijah Wood, Jack Huston and Trevante Rhodes.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Major Roles:</p><p>

Martin Stewart: The odds on favorite to win the presidency, Martin Stewart has been a politician for many years now and knows the ins and outs of the business; this has drawn him ire from many disgruntled voters who are unhappy with the way their country is going. Regardless, he has the backing of many major members of the 'Old Elite'.</p><p>

Contact: We feel that Nicholas Cage has been through enough action movies for awhile and believe that if he explores other genres outside of action he can achieve the fame he had back in the 90s. (We are also however contacting Tom Hanks and Matthew McConaughey just in case)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Raymond Cornell: Martin's main challenge for the 'Turtle Party', he is a long time member of the ‘Old Elite’ and has been in politics for over thirty years. He is passionate, confident and a fierce competitor who has served as a senator and a congressman for Plissa; He may not be popular with voters outside his base, but he has donors up the wazoo and isn’t afraid to tarnish his opponent’s reputation.</p><p>

Contact: Jon Voight, Ian McKellen, (also contacted for this role) Donald Sutherland and the legendary Sidney Poitier.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Joseph Nelson: The young, charismatic rising star of the 'Lion's Party' He is seen as a progressive fighter who helps for the common good. Little do they know that he is working very hard with the 'Old Elite' to ensure things go his way.</p><p>

Contact: Ewan McGregor, Eddie Redmayne and Viper’s Den veteran Adam Lambert.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Greg Tumbler: Kevin's main challenger for the nominee of the 'Lion’s' party, and he’s not afraid to let you know about it. Despised by many members of his party for his abrasive attitude, arrogant personality and rather questionable viewpoints; Greg Tumbler looks like the last person who could possibly win the Lions nomination. But if there’s one thing he has going for him; He is a really good speech giver.</p><p>

Contact: Casey Affleck, Adrien Brody and Seth MacFarlane.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Robyn Hallstein: Kevin's wife, and at one point a model for Stakes. She had it rough growing up, parents always lambasted her, school kids always outcasted her, at the age of sixteen; she turned to drugs, by eighteen, she became a stripper, by nineteen she was on the front cover of Stakes. When she met Kevin, everything changed for her; she got rid of her drug obsession and went through serious therapy to reconcile with her parents. After a while, they got married and plan to have kids in the future.</p><p>

Contact: Margot Robbie, Kat Dennings and Selena Gomez. This is a more classy type of beautiful woman, so no nudity here...at least, any that’s actually shown.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Minor Roles:</p><p>

Alvin Dunn: Party of the controversial ‘Fang’ wing of the ‘Turtle Party’, as someone who seems to understand the frustrations with the common working man; he seems like the president a polarized, divided country like Kazaria needs. Just one problem, he’s a loose cannon. You never know what you’ll get from him, one day he’s giving out rational arguments, the next? He’s ranting and raving about everything.</p><p>

Contact: Keegan Michael Key, Jerry Trainor and Jon Stewart, promote this movie however you like.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Matt Vesons: Kevin’s campaign manager and long admirer of former Kazarian dictator Sam ‘John’ Yul, he is very much a nationalist and supports his idea of a mandatory ban of all immigrants and the executing of all Christians. Regardless, he is a political mastermind and can manipulate an audience into believing anything.</p><p>

Contact: Vincent Lindon, Will Arnett and some guy named Tommy Wiseau. (Not a typo)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Ken Stevens: Long time friend of Martin Stewart and former senator of Limotov, Stevens adds a fiery populist side to Stewart’s more moderate, compromising style. This puts him at odds with voters who see him as a carbon copy of Kevin Hallstein.</p><p>

Contact: Toby Jones, Jermaine Clement, Adam Copeland and Donovan Patton.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Garrett Wilson: A relatively normal guy who once worked as an understudy of Phillip Hallstein. He is relatively quiet as far as being a Lion goes, but has a relatively respectable record in being progressive so, he has that going for him.</p><p>

Contact: Seth MacFarlane, (also contacted for this role) Phil Brooks, Mike Mizanian and Steve Burns. (Yes, even after his performance in Colette. We are after all, a very forgiving studio)</p>

<p>Tompkins Square Studios is pleased to announce the following hirings for "The Mercenaries 2!"</p><p> </p><p>

- <strong>Sylvester Stallone</strong> will once again direct and play the role of Craig Miles. He will be paid $9.8 million.</p><p>

- <strong>Halle Berry</strong> will reprise her role as Leanne Martinez and will be paid $6.2 million.</p><p>

- <strong>Uma Thurman</strong> will return as Mrs. Jones and will be paid $3.7 million.</p><p>

- <strong>Idris Elba</strong> will take up the role of Billy Sanders again and be paid $2.3 million.</p><p>

- The awkward, yet lovable, <strong>Michael Cera</strong> will reprise his role as Benji Frankson and be paid $700,000.</p><p>

- <strong>Bryan Cranston</strong> will once again play Gary Macklin and be paid $1 million.</p><p> </p><p>

Now for the newcomers!</p><p> </p><p>

- <strong>Aaron Paul</strong> has been hired, and will be paid $500,000 for the role of James Bradley, Jr.</p><p>

- We're pleased to be working with <strong>Selena Gomez</strong> again. She'll be paid $590,000 for the role of Jenny Lewis. <em>(</em><em><strong>OOC NOTE:</strong></em><em> After "Hackers," it said her star power went from 2.0 to 2.2, but this isn't currently reflected in the database. Can that get changed before my movie gets released?)</em></p><p>

- <strong>Danny Trejo</strong> was fun in "The Reunion Tour," and he'll be paid $550,000 to play the role of Alejandro Vargas.</p><p>

- <strong>Terry Crews</strong> has been hired, and will be paid $720,000 for the role of Floyd.</p><p> </p><p>

Our total talent spending comes to $26.06 million. We'll spend $7 million each on production and marketing, bringing the total retail price of the film to just north of $40 million.</p><p> </p><p>

Production starts immediately.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>(OOC NOTE: Happy you're back, Snoopy! I'll hopefully have my script online tonight, although it MAY have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday.)</em></p>

Archived