How often do you have titles defended?

It depends, Normally on all of my PPV's.

Tag Titles and IC level tites will get PPV and some weekly shows if the feud calls for it.

Midcard titles may get more regular weekly TV shows.

If i'm doing a fighting champion gimmick, even with the World Title it'll get defended everytime the holder has a match.

<p>I'm currently running 4 PPV's a year. All titles get defended at each PPV. Depending on the storylines between the PPV's there maybe one or two defences but I try to build up title defences as really big deals, sort of what WWE should do with Brock Lesnar as champion but better.</p><p> </p><p>

I occasionally do the fighting champion thing as well and have a defence every other week with a #1 contender match in the weeks in between.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43688" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Every title is defended on every PPV I have...<p> Sometimes I'll throw in a title match on TV, but that is a rare occassion.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How do you handle the title holder between defenses? Non-title bouts, tag teams because he/she will get upset if not used, right?</p><p> </p><p> Thank you.</p>

<p>I mostly have my top champ in angles, 2 weekly shows will be in angles. another 2 weeks will have him be in a match. </p><p> </p><p>

Generally my top champ will have all the momentum and pop in the world, it's more vital to perhaps build up his current opponent or his future opponent. </p><p> </p><p>

Hogan as champ may be more usefull in some creative angles involving his current PPV opponent and some others that could do with some his pop rubbing off on them or their entertainment skills raised. </p><p> </p><p>

Like say Hogan talking to British Bulldog but then getting attacked by his PPV opponent Randy Savage or something. </p><p> </p><p>

Hogan v a secondary Main eventer at the B PPV's , Hogan v a top Mai n eventer at the Big 4 or 5 PPV's.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

On the other side of the coin, with lesser titles I like to build up reigns, especially if I want the champ as high momentum as possible for when they put over the next champion.</p><p> </p><p>

Such as on I have Slaughter as the US champion, He's there as first WWF US champion to build up it's prestige with a legend holding it, he'll then put other a younger guy. To build him his reign and legacy with the title his reign is padded out with some title defences on Raw against, Brutus Beefcake , Greg Valentine etc whilst he has feuds with a young Steve Austin, overcoming him then feuding with a young Brian Pillman, overcoming him and then losing it to Jushin Thunder Liger eventually.</p><p> </p><p>

Slaughter would have defended it for 6 months, fending off 2 main rivals and having a lots of defences against established midcarders. </p><p> </p><p>

I personally dislike seeing a title lineage with like IC title - held for 3 months- 3 title defences.</p>

Depends on the promotion, but for the bigger ones usually just at the PPV with a few exceptions. When I run BCG I'll have the Challenger series defended constantly though and the tag titles usually once a month outside of large events.

With some exceptions (like champions being part of multi-man matches instead), I have all titles defended at all PPVs.

Furthermore, I try to have 1-2 defenses on TV in between, usually against "lesser" opponents. I also have the titles change hands on free TV from time to time, to give the shows a "everything can happen here" feel. Only having titles change hands on PPV is silly and devalues the TV shows, in my opinion.

It depends, Normally on all of my PPV's.

Tag Titles and IC level tites will get PPV and some weekly shows if the feud calls for it.

Midcard titles may get more regular weekly TV shows.

If i'm doing a fighting champion gimmick, even with the World Title it'll get defended everytime the holder has a match.

thanks for your informations

_____

kapl

I usually stick to the World (main event) title being exclusive to PPV's unless the story warrants it being shown on TV. I like my tag titles, women's, midcard, and lower-card titles to all stay 'floating'. Those will get the occasional TV time but mostly stay on PPV. The only time I'll defend a title on TV all the time is if its a TV Championship (which I'm a huge fan of and always loved the WCW TV Title).

In my 1990 WCW save, I have all of my titles defended at my 6 PPV and Clash of the Champions. I also have a championship series like the WCW did in 1985, every week a title is defended on my major TV show (can be my WCW titles, or the NWA titles)

<p>For me it depends on the title and the company I'm running.</p><p> </p><p>

Right now I'm working on a 1985 WWF mod. IC and Tag belts are being defended fairly regularly but World and Women's maybe once a month.</p>

Every title defended at every ppv with the occasional exception of one of my lower tier titles depending on time.

On tv I try to have one title match on every A show, often a TV title. Every other B show I have a title match as well.

My tag titles and lowest mid card single title are defended most frequently.

World Title depends on roster really. Right now in my multi-player game with Hive I've very rarely had the World Title defended on free tv, but that's mostly because in my mind I can't think of a reason for it to be defended on free tv in a logical manner. I used to hate when a guy would defend the world title on tv against someone just before a ppv match. You knew he wasn't going to lose the belt.

I wish they set a "days held", because I use my title defenses as a way to measure " time held" , I have them on the line every ppv, and thats 1 per month, (so more or less) I just say its 30 days per def + 30 more.

If Steven park won it this month, def it the next two months and lost it on the 4th month I would know he held the title for 90 days...

I wish they set a "days held", because I use my title defenses as a way to measure " time held" , I have them on the line every ppv, and thats 1 per month, (so more or less) I just say its 30 days per def + 30 more.

If Steven park won it this month, def it the next two months and lost it on the 4th month I would know he held the title for 90 days...

Yeah that's a great point.

<p>I tend to have my world title defended at every PPV (so that's 12 times a year) and sporadically on TV every now and then, probably looking at between 14-18 world title matches a year. I like the idea of the title having "Rules", such as "Must be defended every 30 days" or something, makes it seem more like a legit title than a prop.</p><p> </p><p>

As for my IC title (or any other secondary title), probably around 20 matches a year, not necessarily at every PPV, but most, and if not, I'll make up for it with 2 TV defences in a month.</p><p> </p><p>

As for my Tag Team, I don't really do much with Tag Team as I tend to run companies with smaller rosters, but I'd probably be looking at the same as the World Title, maybe with a few more TV matches in between.</p>

<p>Depends.</p><p> </p><p>

I have my main event title (usually the World Heavyweight title) only defended at PPVs in most cases, every title lower than thee World title is defended on PPV and TV as often as it helps me to increase the title prestige. </p><p> </p><p>

I currently have Jeff Jarrett carrying the European title in a 1997 WWF game and his match grades are much higher than the title prestige, even on TV. So I book him to defend it on TV more often because I'm planning to have Jarrett and the title involved in a Wrestlemania feud, therefore I need more title prestige.</p><p> </p><p>

As I don't have top main eventer vs. top main eventer matches on TV shows too often, I don't have the World title involved there because it would hurt its prestige, but sometimes I have the Intercontinental title defended there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alexvesco" data-cite="alexvesco" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43688" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wish they set a "days held", because I use my title defenses as a way to measure " time held" , I have them on the line every ppv, and thats 1 per month, (so more or less) I just say its 30 days per def + 30 more.<p> </p><p> If Steven park won it this month, def it the next two months and lost it on the 4th month I would know he held the title for 90 days...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> The problem with that would be that the game recognizes a month as four weeks = 28 days. So the title reigns would be shorter in game, that they would be in real life.</p>

What i do is a use a website that calculates how many days between two dates there are and they way i decide which day to use is for example if my title changes hands on the Tuesday week 2 then i will find the second Tuesday of that month and year and pretend it was that day they i put the info in a spreadsheet so i have my title reigns length in days recorded

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43688" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah that's a great point.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ya if they had that I would throw in a title def in shows every blue moon.</p>

Archived