I was starting a new company and hired this talented Texan. He had had problems with booze in the past (something I didn't know until I read his bio after paying him) and was using soft drugs but I thought "what the hey?"

Then he shows up to work drunk. I wasn't going to have that no one shows up to a Javert show drunk so I kicked his butt to the curb!

Anyone else care to share their firing stories?

Playing the 2004 mod and I'm up to 2007. I brought in Sunny shortly after WM23 to be the ECW GM. She showed up wasted and high a good three times before finally getting caught with drugs and damaging the brand. Had to cut her loose. Just wasn't worth it.

Started a "Super Indy" style company in the C-Verse with monthly Pay-Per-View events. In the first 3 months, one of my tag workers got busted with soft drugs. Instantly gone. Bright side, he was only there to tag with his more talented partner, so now someone gets a solo career earlier than planned.

<p>I hate Everest with a passion. I've never once had a game where I made it a full month without him causing some issue.</p><p> </p><p>

So finally, in one of my games, I waited until he picked a fight with an undercard guy. I fined him. He was pissed, furious at my handling of the situation. </p><p> </p><p>

So the guy he picked a fight with got to dominate him for the next two weeks, before I finally buried him at our first PPV and then immediately fired him the next morning. I think I managed to knock about 35 popularity off of him. And backstage morale immediately rose 6%.</p>

Current day NJPW. One of the briscoes got into a fight with Kenny Omega. I only fined him as he was beaten up. Literally two days later he fights(and again gets beaten up by) Hiroshi Tanahashi. I mean, ok, Omega beats you up. But fighting Tanahashi? Nah. The only thing worse he could have done was messing with Okada. I kept the other Briscoe though, but he's only appearing in Young Lions's 8 and 10-man tags.

I tend to have an itchy trigger finger for anyone with a negative personality. If they're a negative influence backstage, I'm not hiring them and if they're already on the roster when I take over (Toni Parissi in QAW, for example. Or Paige Croft in AAA or Fuyuko Higa & Shiori Jippensha in 5SSW), the clock is ticking. The first stupid incident that comes up will lead to a firing. I don't even bother jobbing them anymore.

Brock Lesnar. I can't remember what he did, but it was something small-ish so I chose to fine him... I suddenly had a bunch of people reacting badly and got a strong dislike with Brock. I thought "wow that's a bit of an overreaction" until the next week rolled around and I tried to book him and realised what I'd done. I really should pay more attention when I click.

This was one or two editions of TEW ago, but in an old WCW-2001 game, I made Mike Awesome World Champion, then he no-showed the next Monday Nitro. Not only did I fire him as soon as possible, but I had my user-character go out and cut a shoot promo on him Live on Nitro. The segment rating sucked, but it still felt good.

<p>Didn't even wait for Caras Colleccion to do anything in my CV97 game; he was such an appalling cancer that I let him go one day after taking over the book. </p><p> </p><p>

I like to imagine the conversation went something along the lines of 'So half the roster hates your guts because you're a scumbag, have fun with SOTBPW!'</p><p> </p><p>

I also fired Guerrero Atomica (I think that's his name) because he showed up wasted on painkillers. He was a poor influence, disliked someone else backstage and was over the hill, so that's a 'see ya later'.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm actually incredibly lenient most of the time though. There's a screenshot knocking around somewhere of TEW 2013 where Eri Sato committed incidents at a rate of something like twice a month for over a year and I never progressed further than fines.</p><p> </p><p>

So long as the backstage rating isn't terrible. It just makes the locker room more fun.</p>

<p>Eddie Guerrero's son (whose name escapes me), failed a drug test. This blew my mind so I immediately suspended him. He then failed again so I fired him. He now dislikes me and doesn't want to work for me anymore. </p><p> </p><p>

But like... your father... why? How could you be so stupid?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AfRoMaN36" data-cite="AfRoMaN36" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43922" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Eddie Guerrero's son (whose name escapes me), failed a drug test. This blew my mind so I immediately suspended him. He then failed again so I fired him. He now dislikes me and doesn't want to work for me anymore. <p> </p><p> But like... your father... why? How could you be so stupid?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Uh, do you mean daughter? Eddie only had three kids (I think), all girls (Shaul, Sherilyn, and the one with the side chick. Forget her name).</p><p> </p><p> Just had another thing pop up. So I'm running SHIMMER and signed Gabi Castrovinci, mainly to populate the bottom of the card. The 'low popularity' mechanic kicks in and boosts her to midcarder. She then has an incident at TV the following week where she makes fun of Hana Kimura for her lack of push. Yeah, Hana's the future of the company sooo.....FIRED!</p>

<p>In one game I'd always have workers improve their behavior pretty quick after dealing with them, but I could never seem to get through to Caristico. Seemed like every week he was up to no good and so I'd job him out. Eventually got to where he handed in his notice that he was leaving so we kept him off and kept burying him. Wasn't a direct firing but forced him to want to leave.</p><p> </p><p>

Then on the last show before he was out, I had my custom wrestler, Joshua Caleb(who has his child-daughter join him to the ring and cheer him on and being a distraction to his opponents) edited info to make her a wrestler for one-night so that she could face him in a match, win(with the help of Josh doing most of the work and letting her get the pinfall) and that was the end of that.</p><p>

He was...done with us after that. But let that be a lesson to you workers in my company. Don't Be locker room poison</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43922" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Uh, do you mean daughter? Eddie only had three kids (I think), all girls (Shaul, Sherilyn, and the one with the side chick. Forget her name).<p> </p><p> Just had another thing pop up. So I'm running SHIMMER and signed Gabi Castrovinci, mainly to populate the bottom of the card. The 'low popularity' mechanic kicks in and boosts her to midcarder. She then has an incident at TV the following week where she makes fun of Hana Kimura for her lack of push. Yeah, Hana's the future of the company sooo.....FIRED!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's most likely a nephew then, Eduardo I wanna say? Looks exactly like him and a good wrestler. Has the intangibles I look for but he's shooting up when his uncle DIED indirectly because of it. Stupid, stupid man.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43922" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Uh, do you mean daughter? Eddie only had three kids (I think), all girls (Shaul, Sherilyn, and the one with the side chick. Forget her name).<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Speaking of Shaul I wish she would try her hand in the ring again because she had major potential. She had the same smoothness as her father did.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43922" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Speaking of Shaul I wish she would try her hand in the ring again because she had major potential. She had the same smoothness as her father did.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I doubt that'll happen. I think her and Aiden English are in 'start a family' mode. Besides, I'm fairly sure the backstage stuff contributed to her issues with eating disorders. Wasn't that long ago that the workers being pushed all looked like Charlotte, Summer Rae, and Lana (there were no Nia Jaxs or body diversity in general). She's built very much like Vickie was at her age and that doesn't fit what WWE's "diva" standard was when she was in FCW and NXT.</p><p> </p><p> AAAAAAAND another one! Taeler Hendrix (midcard win piñata) decided to have a go at Aika Ando (upper midcard Heart of SHIMMER champion) and started a fight. Don't let the doorknob hit ya in the....</p>

Needed a few Brits for an angle I was running in 1996 WWF.

One of my pick ups was Johnny Smith.

Debut match, Smith is wasted on drugs.

So i HAD to fire him. It was disrespectful to me, to his opponent and to the angle.

Upon is firing, it said something about Smith improving his behaviour and being grateful.

Ok, so 6 or 8 months later I decide to try him again, I mean, he MUST have improved his social habits, right?

First match back...shows up drunk.

Fired - the Sequel.

Fool me twice....

Ok, so 6 or 8 months later I decide to try him again, I mean, he MUST have improved his social habits, right?

Wrong. Without constant punishment and/or rehab, it takes YEARS for a worker to get clean from alcohol/soft drugs/hard drugs. Mercedes Martinez, who I LOVE in real life, was allowed to go elsewhere because of her soft drugs habit. I've never had any luck with workers who have those problems so I don't bother anymore. I don't like burning the cash to test the entire 150+ person roster just to catch a pothead or pill popper.

Use that Medical Test button. It's even conveniently located on the contract screen (just to the left of the confirm button).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43922" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wrong. Without constant punishment and/or rehab, it takes YEARS for a worker to get clean from alcohol/soft drugs/hard drugs. Mercedes Martinez, who I LOVE in real life, was allowed to go elsewhere because of her <strong>soft drugs</strong> habit. I've never had any luck with workers who have those problems so I don't bother anymore. I don't like burning the cash to test the entire 150+ person roster just to catch a pothead or pill popper.<p> </p><p> Use that Medical Test button. It's even conveniently located on the contract screen (just to the left of the confirm button).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You'd fire someone for soft drugs? That's the one think I'd turn the other cheek on. In real life I could never imagine being the bleeding heart lib that I am then dropping the iron hammer over somebody smoking pot.</p>

I vary depending on the promotion and era I'm booking... it'll take more than a soft drugs habit to make me fire someone, unless it's somehow seriously affecting things. Three strike rule on hard drugs, steroids, alcohol and pills, unless it's the 80s or 90s, in which case they'll only get fired for causing trouble. Otherwise, have fun!

Playing as WCW in 1992 had Tommy Rich show up hammered and high, getting heat with everyone he worked at four straight tapings ( I tape Power Hour and The Main Event back to back and World Championship Wrestling separately). Kept him around to job to Ricky Morton at The Clash of Champions XIII as part of a Morton face turn with The York Foundation imploding playing off Terry Taylors real life departure from the group weeks earlier. On a side note as a post match angle Rich attacked Morton for a recently rehired Robert Gibson to make the save and reunite The Rock N Roll Express.

I don't fire people often at all, just send them to rehab, especially if they are a main guy. And just give them a bonus to cheer em up in rehab a bit. It's all cool. I suspended Shawn Michaels for punching scotty2hotty which is just not on now, but he didn't really get pissy with me about the suspension.

Archived