WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

For the life of me, the answer to this question eludes me and has for YEARS!

Is there a reality based reason for the six month rule? For example, a fighter signs a standard contract with a regional promotion and less than six months later, a national or higher promotion offers them an EXCLUSIVE contract and they turn it down because they 'signed a contract with another company under six months ago'. Um, why?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KholDrum" data-cite="KholDrum" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Go into the News section and filter by Other Sports</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you!</p>

<p>Hi, I'm playing with BCF. Still at high level regional but popularity has risen to 92.2% . I still have the same PPV deal - United Kingdom Choice. At Medium size. </p><p> </p><p>

Economy is at Strong and Rising. </p><p>

I was getting PPV revenues of around 400k. One was 700k and one broke a million. </p><p>

However In September of year one I tried running two PPV's in a month. Revenue dropped to 40k.</p><p> </p><p>

Its still at that and I'm in february of year two.</p><p> </p><p>

Attendences are still the same.</p><p> </p><p>

I thought it was because of the multiple PPV's but it can't be. I've had a Low Level International Draw match in there and multiple National Draw Matchs. The same as before.</p><p> </p><p>

Ive ran 4 events since I tried the double. So double in September, then october, november, January and February.</p><p> </p><p>

The only other thing is I created an Internet Media Company for all other regions apart from the British Isles and I have been showing the PPV's on that as well. I'm going to run my next PPV without this and see if that is causing the problem. But surely it shouldn't be.</p><p> </p><p>

Any other suggestions are appreciated.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bshankly" data-cite="bshankly" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi, I'm playing with BCF. Still at high level regional but popularity has risen to 92.2% . I still have the same PPV deal - United Kingdom Choice. At Medium size. <p> </p><p> Economy is at Strong and Rising. </p><p> I was getting PPV revenues of around 400k. One was 700k and one broke a million. </p><p> However In September of year one I tried running two PPV's in a month. Revenue dropped to 40k.</p><p> </p><p> Its still at that and I'm in february of year two.</p><p> </p><p> Attendences are still the same.</p><p> </p><p> I thought it was because of the multiple PPV's but it can't be. I've had a Low Level International Draw match in there and multiple National Draw Matchs. The same as before.</p><p> </p><p> Ive ran 4 events since I tried the double. So double in September, then october, november, January and February.</p><p> </p><p> The only other thing is I created an Internet Media Company for all other regions apart from the British Isles and I have been showing the PPV's on that as well. I'm going to run my next PPV without this and see if that is causing the problem. But surely it shouldn't be.</p><p> </p><p> Any other suggestions are appreciated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's definitely because of the internet media company. As for the exact reasoning, I don't remember off the top of my head, but I've seen this in a previous post, possibly for WMMA 4.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bshankly" data-cite="bshankly" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi, I'm playing with BCF. Still at high level regional but popularity has risen to 92.2% . I still have the same PPV deal - United Kingdom Choice. At Medium size. <p> </p><p> Economy is at Strong and Rising. </p><p> I was getting PPV revenues of around 400k. One was 700k and one broke a million. </p><p> However In September of year one I tried running two PPV's in a month. Revenue dropped to 40k.</p><p> </p><p> Its still at that and I'm in february of year two.</p><p> </p><p> Attendences are still the same.</p><p> </p><p> I thought it was because of the multiple PPV's but it can't be. I've had a Low Level International Draw match in there and multiple National Draw Matchs. The same as before.</p><p> </p><p> Ive ran 4 events since I tried the double. So double in September, then october, november, January and February.</p><p> </p><p> The only other thing is I created an Internet Media Company for all other regions apart from the British Isles and I have been showing the PPV's on that as well. I'm going to run my next PPV without this and see if that is causing the problem. But surely it shouldn't be.</p><p> </p><p> Any other suggestions are appreciated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sounds like those damn dirty piracy hounds are watching your show for free over the internet with some proxies rather than buying the show.</p>

<p>ah man. Just ran a show without it. and back upto 500k. </p><p> </p><p>

Piracy taking 90% is a bit much though. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Suppose I'll just keep it for TV. Getting around 500k in advertisement from the TV company as well. Its good for growing the pop in other regions.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Doclaw" data-cite="Doclaw" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>While playing will regions ever to opt to make MMA legal, like New York becomes regulated?</div></blockquote><p> I think this is in the handbook. Yes, they will gradually change their attitude towards the sport over time. It may take a while though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fezoman" data-cite="Fezoman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think this is in the handbook. Yes, they will gradually change their attitude towards the sport over time. It may take a while though.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Further to this, on the game world screen you get a blurb on how close a region is to regulating/legalizing</p>

So I'm basically only using generated fighters and now the world championships don't seem to work?

Anyone know why? What is it tied to?

You haven't really explained why you think they're not working. If you mean nobody is being selected for them, you probably don't have anyone with a world class background in that sport. If you're using fighters generated from the early days of MMA, that's very likely.

is it possible for a 10-10 round ?

Yes.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlexB" data-cite="AlexB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>From the dev journal<p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>86 Small Local Show Criteria<p> </p><p> To stop fighters amassing huge winning streaks on small local shows, once a fighter has more than five wins or fifteen fights in total they are excluded from selection - essentially forcing them to 'graduate' up to the large local shows (and thus stiffer, 'name' competition). This makes the progression of fighters more realistic and prevents game world stagnation.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Does this mean after five total wins, a five fight win streak, or five in-game local show wins (i.e. if a fighter starts the game at 3-0, does it in fact mean he will be able to get to 8-0 on local shows?)?</p><p> </p><p> From what i'm seeing it's the latter, but just wanted to check (with some fighters I'm happy to let them fight their local show quota, but will want to sign them before they graduate to large shows in order to have control over their fights)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just bumping this question - any thoughts?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="adam24c" data-cite="adam24c" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you add weight classes? I go to Office > Weight Classes and I don't see an add button only save and remove.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Make it the name and min and max weight, then click save. Clicking save will add the new weight class.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You haven't really explained why you think they're not working. If you mean nobody is being selected for them, you probably don't have anyone with a world class background in that sport. If you're using fighters generated from the early days of MMA, that's very likely.<p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, you're absolutely right.</p>