WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Frankdukes111" data-cite="Frankdukes111" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I had a question about getting a mod to work properly, where should I post that?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends on what "working properly" means.</p>

So the olympics and the BJJ world championships etc are activated in my game, and I see they are being simulated on the losing screen. But I’m 18 years in the game and yet to see the profile of someone who’s participated in them. Is there any way to see this ?

Thanks

But I’m 18 years in the game and yet to see the profile of someone who’s participated in them. Is there any way to see this ?

Thanks

Look in the news section and search for the specific news type around international competitions (unsure how it's named). There it will show the people who participated.

<p>Bit of a random question but I was wondering if there’s a way to edit individual rules for different bouts on the card or if I wanted to do different rules bouts will I have to run seperate cards? </p><p> </p><p>

Hope what I said makes sense</p>

Bit of a random question but I was wondering if there’s a way to edit individual rules for different bouts on the card or if I wanted to do different rules bouts will I have to run seperate cards?

Hope what I said makes sense

Yes you can customize the rules for each fight. It should be pretty clear. There's a button for it. You can even edit it after the fight is made.

The only thing you can't do is use a different fight engine (FE) for each individual fight.

Is there an easy way to use a fighter on your roster as a commentator?

For example, let's say I want DC to be able to commentate like he does in real life. If he retires in game, he's removed so I can't have him become a commentator. If I release him from his contract and try to sign him to a non-fighter contract, he isn't interested. Is there actually a way to do it?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BayStyles" data-cite="BayStyles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there an easy way to use a fighter on your roster as a commentator?<p> </p><p> </p><p> For example, let's say I want DC to be able to commentate like he does in real life. <strong>If he retires in game, he's removed</strong> so I can't have him become a commentator. If I release him from his contract and try to sign him to a non-fighter contract, he isn't interested. Is there actually a way to do it?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If he retires in game he is not removed, you can easily sign him to a non-fighter contract in that scenario. Just make sure to include non-fighters in the default search.</p>

If he retires in game he is not removed, you can easily sign him to a non-fighter contract in that scenario. Just make sure to include non-fighters in the default search.

Last time someone retired in game, I could have sworn when I went to "characters" they weren't there at all. I'll double check next time, thanks for the answer

I've always been geographically challenged when it comes to GDS games, so where in WMMA5 is Abu Dhabi? :o

Western Asia includes Irak/Iran/Armenia/... all the way until UAE. It's a very broad region in WMMA.

Southern Asia is basically India/Paki/Indonesia.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Hall of Fame</p><p> </p><p>

I was playing my game I'm about 4.5-5 years in and one day when I hit advance the top story was that a fighter who had recently worked for me but retired was inducted into my Hall of Fame. I didn't do it but she was auto put in and I am the owner, how did this happen? Also, I'm not mad about it because she was a surprise and when I'd check my HoF eligibility it never had said she qualified. But stills strange.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
Is there anyway for me to add a custom fighter in the middle of a save? Can't seem to find the ones the game generates when I tell it to.

You have an option of adding an underscore at the beginning of the newly generated fighters's names. Do that so you can easily find them, then just go into the in-game editor and edit out the underscore.

And speaking of generating fighters, is there any way to get past the "Unfortunately no fighters could be created due to a lack of valid names" error when trying to populate fighters? Is that code for there's no more free pictures available to generate the fighters with?

And speaking of generating fighters, is there any way to get past the "Unfortunately no fighters could be created due to a lack of valid names" error when trying to populate fighters? Is that code for there's no more free pictures available to generate the fighters with?

No, it's very literal - it means the game couldn't generate a valid name for the character. It means either there's a lack of first name / surnames for that area / gender and it can no longer come up with unique names.

No, it's very literal - it means the game couldn't generate a valid name for the character. It means either there's a lack of first name / surnames for that area / gender and it can no longer come up with unique names.

I guess my confusion here stems from the fact that the game doesn't seem to have any problem re-generating reskins from retired characters at the beginning of each month.

But thanks for the clarification. Guess it's time to create a new list of names and import 'em in.

Hey guys, i have a problem. Im using a custom db called Dawn of MMA, and some companies that are scheduled to open are not opening. For example Pride was supposed to open in 1997 but it did not, i modified its starting date in the editor ingame but after saving the change and opening it again the date was 2997? Im confused as to why this happens. European companies are opening normally but japanese and american ones do not. What could be causing this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hey guys, i have a problem. Im using a custom db called Dawn of MMA, and some companies that are scheduled to open are not opening. For example Pride was supposed to open in 1997 but it did not, i modified its starting date in the editor ingame but after saving the change and opening it again the date was 2997? Im confused as to why this happens. European companies are opening normally but japanese and american ones do not. What could be causing this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A company cannot open unless there's someone to act as owner. If they cannot open, their opening year is increased by a 1000 to effectively take them out of the database consideration. You would need to add more valid owners to the areas where companies are not opening.

I've created an MMA company on the Real World MOD, and I have come to terms with UFC, One and Bellator poaching my best stars for the last 2/3 years, however now I am a decent level, I am still unable to offer exclusive contracts, I am just wondering on what level I have to be to start offering Exclusive Contracts not just standard?

Any way to speed up processing time?

I have installed the mod Modern Warriors, I have noticed the processing time is very high between each day. Is there any options to speed this up or a similar mod that will run quicker? Thanks.