[RELEASE] - 1985 Real World

<p>That's fair. I just didn't know exactly when it started. It certainly didn't seem to affect Hall in the ring until his NWO days, and Jake a few years into his first WWF run.</p><p> </p><p>

My JCP/WCW diary is coming. I've just been dealing with some bad health issues with my dad the last couple of days so I've been out of town.</p>

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smartman" data-cite="smartman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's fair. I just didn't know exactly when it started. It certainly didn't seem to affect Hall in the ring until his NWO days, and Jake a few years into his first WWF run.<p> </p><p> My JCP/WCW diary is coming. I've just been dealing with some bad health issues with my dad the last couple of days so I've been out of town.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was planning something similar, but with WCW leaving the NWA and Jim Crockett being the CEO of it.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TsuMirren" data-cite="TsuMirren" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As for the WWA, I used the same as wiki. They didn't really appear to have a logo, but seeing as I am such a total and utter geek I have put something together and that'll be added to the additional pics when I update later. Maybe even tonight.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did you make a logo for it or something like that? Because maybe it could be a solution to fill the absence of a logo that may never existed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordofGustav" data-cite="LordofGustav" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was planning something similar, but with WCW leaving the NWA and Jim Crockett being the CEO of it.<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Did you make a logo for it or something like that? Because maybe it could be a solution to fill the absence of a logo that may never existed.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Grabbed a logo from some TV footage.</p><p> </p><p> Looking like later today for an upload, plenty of football on and I got caught up earlier with some updating.</p>

That's 1.1 updated, a few new pics in the additions file and Big Bear Promotions are added in. Also fixed some locations, stunned nobody pulled me up for JCP being based in the South East. Not quite V 1.2, no point doing 1.11.

I figured that you had to do that so they could run shows in the South East. Per the NWA rules, they wouldn't if they were in the Mid Atlantic. Plus, they started shifting over to Atlanta once they got on TBS since it was easy to fly in and out of for their shows. Now, if you flipped their Mid-Atlantic and South East pop, which probably should happen btw, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. I run Worldwide out of Mid-Atlantic and WCW out of the South East mainly because that's how they were run at this time, and it is a good idea to not run all 9 shows in one region. Great Lakes isn't ready to be run yet without losing a lot of money.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is Al Perez supposed to be a heel or is Wendell Cooley supposed to be face? They're tag champs and have different alignments.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Heel there is nowhere in the world AL Perez wrestled as Face he couldn't pull it off.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smartman" data-cite="smartman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I figured that you had to do that so they could run shows in the South East. Per the NWA rules, they wouldn't if they were in the Mid Atlantic. Plus, they started shifting over to Atlanta once they got on TBS since it was easy to fly in and out of for their shows. Now, if you flipped their Mid-Atlantic and South East pop, which probably should happen btw, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. I run Worldwide out of Mid-Atlantic and WCW out of the South East mainly because that's how they were run at this time, and it is a good idea to not run all 9 shows in one region. Great Lakes isn't ready to be run yet without losing a lot of money.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I forgot to check the pop. Too busy going through the Facebook group on Dave McKigney.</p>

<p>Another quick update, links updated. WCW's Mid-Atlantic pop and South East pops switched, I've checked their cards for October through December 85 and I'm comfortable enough. Added a few venues, including WTBS Studios (purely for those who want to play and cost themselves money). The game will never run it, though I did set it as owned by JCP...not that it'll matter.</p><p> </p><p>

Big Bear has a new logo now, taken from a Dave McKigney business card.</p>

Woah, wait. JCP is going to be locked into Mid Atlantic and Great Lakes now if they're based in MA. The pop switch makes sense though. I'm pretty sure 9 shows in a region burns that region out by the time the PPV-esque monthly show is run (we all tend to run it at the end of the month). I'd put it back to South East like it was so they can run Georgia.

Woah, wait. JCP is going to be locked into Mid Atlantic and Great Lakes now if they're based in MA. The pop switch makes sense though. I'm pretty sure 9 shows in a region burns that region out by the time the PPV-esque monthly show is run (we all tend to run it at the end of the month). I'd put it back to South East like it was so they can run Georgia.

That can't be right, they'll surely run Georgia if the pop is high. If not, well it's not my fault the game is screwed. I'll run a year tonight, see how the shows get split.

That can't be right, they'll surely run Georgia if the pop is high. If not, well it's not my fault the game is screwed. I'll run a year tonight, see how the shows get split.

I can't speak for Smartman, but I wonder if he means that if JCP is based in the Mid Atlantic region, then they wouldn't be able to run shows in Georgia because of the NWA alliance rules with it being a bordered and/or territorial alliance, and with Continental being based in the South East.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt Shannon" data-cite="Matt Shannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can't speak for Smartman, but I wonder if he means that if JCP is based in the Mid Atlantic region, then they wouldn't be able to run shows in Georgia because of the NWA alliance rules with it being a bordered and/or territorial alliance, and with Continental being based in the South East.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah yeah, well I'll run the test anyway...indeed, it's running now.</p>

<p>Right, here's one to put out there...</p><p> </p><p>

What about if I remove the protective part from the NWA, I think Regional promotions would still stay in their Region, whilst also limiting the CWF to Regional. As soon as the CWF go Cult they start promoting outside the South East.</p><p> </p><p>

As an aside...has anyone ever tested Crockett retiring in 1988 and Turner coming in loyal to JCP in the hope he gets picked up as the new owner? You could then just do the renames from JCP to WCW instead...If only there were New Owner, Belt Rename and Alliance leaving narratives.</p>

<p>Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Great Lakes, WWF regions Tri and NE, and South West are the regions that aren't part of the NWA meaning you can run there and your home area under the current rules about not running in another territory's region. Well, if you keep JCP in the South East, you can add Mid Atlantic to that list.</p><p> </p><p>

You can run a simulation or two without the area restrictions, but the AI isn't all that smart. I think the default is to try and run a few shows out of their home region (possibly to help them grow?) if possible. For some reason though, the home region block tends to keep them there until they have higher pop. Things like Georgia would run Great Lakes sometimes in the 80 and 83 mods. It would be weird to see CWA running a show in the Mid West or Florida running a show in Texas.</p><p> </p><p>

As for the whole succession thing for JCP/WCW, I don't think you can put a narrative in to force a retirement for a non-wrestler so there isn't a surefire way to get rid of Crockett. You could probably game the game to pick Turner to be the new owner most of the time by giving him 100's on his business stats, but it wouldn't be a for sure thing plus the corporation wouldn't be the owner.</p><p> </p><p>

I've always been more of a "Just make them WCW early" person than a "Destroy JCP and have WCW spawn from nothingness" person. The AI just doesn't immediately hire everyone they should so their roster is bad which cripples their growth.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smartman" data-cite="smartman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Great Lakes, WWF regions Tri and NE, and South West are the regions that aren't part of the NWA meaning you can run there and your home area under the current rules about not running in another territory's region. Well, if you keep JCP in the South East, you can add Mid Atlantic to that list.<p> </p><p> You can run a simulation or two without the area restrictions, but the AI isn't all that smart. I think the default is to try and run a few shows out of their home region (possibly to help them grow?) if possible. For some reason though, the home region block tends to keep them there until they have higher pop. Things like Georgia would run Great Lakes sometimes in the 80 and 83 mods. It would be weird to see CWA running a show in the Mid West or Florida running a show in Texas.</p><p> </p><p> As for the whole succession thing for JCP/WCW, I don't think you can put a narrative in to force a retirement for a non-wrestler so there isn't a surefire way to get rid of Crockett. You could probably game the game to pick Turner to be the new owner most of the time by giving him 100's on his business stats, but it wouldn't be a for sure thing plus the corporation wouldn't be the owner.</p><p> </p><p> I've always been more of a "Just make them WCW early" person than a "Destroy JCP and have WCW spawn from nothingness" person. The AI just doesn't immediately hire everyone they should so their roster is bad which cripples their growth.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Removing protective appears to work okay, as does limiting CWF to Regional. CWF only ran one or two shows outside the South East, which in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad. WWF absolutely decimate the smaller promotions though, so the likes of WWA (Indianapolis) & Big Bear get bought up during 86 (I assume as they were in debt). Can hardly stop that though. Watching a promotion get crowds of 2K+, whilst free falling in to heavy debt, never feels right. But, again, not a lot you can do about that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TsuMirren" data-cite="TsuMirren" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Removing protective appears to work okay, as does limiting CWF to Regional. CWF only ran one or two shows outside the South East, which in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad. WWF absolutely decimate the smaller promotions though, so the likes of WWA (Indianapolis) & Big Bear get bought up during 86 (I assume as they were in debt). Can hardly stop that though. Watching a promotion get crowds of 2K+, whilst free falling in to heavy debt, never feels right. But, again, not a lot you can do about that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's good to know. WWA fails in every mod in this era. It's one of my go-to's for a developmental fed plus they tend to sell when only in $40-80k debt so it is much, much cheaper than starting one so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm going to go ahead with the 1.1 version for my diary because I'm tired of starting over all the time, though I did bump JCP's MA pop to equal SE. It's not going to affect anything other than I'll make more money which isn't a problem.</p><p> </p><p> Small companies basically have to run nothing but cheap workers outside of a couple of main eventers to have a chance at breaking even in TEW. TV really doesn't pay and will hurt you if you aren't careful, and the AI really isn't careful. Plus, the talent level is so good (accurate btw) that it drives up the price of the workers. One thing that I've not seen suggested is to decouple psychology from worker cost. Good Road Agents shouldn't be the most expensive people you hire until you hit Cult.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TsuMirren" data-cite="TsuMirren" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That can't be right, they'll surely run Georgia if the pop is high. If not, well it's not my fault the game is screwed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Another potentially great mod running into a game/mod breaking issue due to limitations, restrictions, and just plan weird "alternate reality" gameplay of TEW 2016. As someone who loves TEW, and retro mods, it really sucks to see this pattern repeating over and over until the mod maker just throws their hands up and realizes its a game issue. Really hope this is remedied once and for all in the next release.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smartman" data-cite="smartman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's good to know. WWA fails in every mod in this era. It's one of my go-to's for a developmental fed plus they tend to sell when only in $40-80k debt so it is much, much cheaper than starting one so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm going to go ahead with the 1.1 version for my diary because I'm tired of starting over all the time, though I did bump JCP's MA pop to equal SE. It's not going to affect anything other than I'll make more money which isn't a problem.<p> </p><p> Small companies basically have to run nothing but cheap workers outside of a couple of main eventers to have a chance at breaking even in TEW. TV really doesn't pay and will hurt you if you aren't careful, and the AI really isn't careful. Plus, the talent level is so good (accurate btw) that it drives up the price of the workers. One thing that I've not seen suggested is to decouple psychology from worker cost. Good Road Agents shouldn't be the most expensive people you hire until you hit Cult.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't get me started on TV, the guys got paid absolutely jack for doing it and the money was made on the arena shows...monthly or weekly. With Joint, even Kent Walton's wage was covered by ITV. I forget who it was in the USA who was sponsored by Miller beer, but they'd have received a tidy bit of cash for that. As for road agents, so often either the promoter/booker or they didn't have one. It wasn't like now where you have 6 spots written on your wrist tape just in case you forget everything and do all your flippy flop to fill...oh wait, they do that anyway. </p><p> </p><p> I really just wish the AI could handle a Regional promotion, getting audiences around 1,000 to 2,000 and having TV, without driving it in to oblivion or a need for the mod maker to create a weekly house show, which then only takes you too far the other way. You can't even create stripped down events.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, I've been tinkering away and will put another update up at some point tonight.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the work on this mod Tsu... looking forward to playing around with it in more detail. Just happened to poke around a bit with the WWF and noticed that you have Prime Time Wrestling active for the WWF...minor detail but I think TNT was still going at this point and Prime Time didn't start until sometime in '86. </p><p> </p><p>

Also, is there any particular reason you start with Paul Orndorff's momentum in the tank at this point? He's one of the marquee stars and was booked pretty strongly at this point.</p><p> </p><p>

Again, thanks for all the work and I'm certainly not trying to nitpick!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for all the work on this mod Tsu... looking forward to playing around with it in more detail. Just happened to poke around a bit with the WWF and noticed that you have Prime Time Wrestling active for the WWF...minor detail but I think TNT was still going at this point and Prime Time didn't start until sometime in '86.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did a search on the old Google Machine, and from what Wikipedia has up, Prime Time premiered on New Year's night of all days, January 1, 1985. So PTW being active would make sense.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt Shannon" data-cite="Matt Shannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did a search on the old Google Machine, and from what Wikipedia has up, Prime Time premiered on New Year's night of all days, January 1, 1985. So PTW being active would make sense.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did TNT and Prime Time run simultaneously? The WWE Network has TNT in 85 and Prime Time in 86....</p>

<p>...And Wikipedia for the win:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Tuesday Night Titans (abbreviated TNT)[1] is a professional wrestling television program produced by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). It aired on the USA Network from May 29, 1984 to September 24, 1986. The two-hour show aired on Tuesday nights beginning on May 29, 1984 until the January 4, 1985 episode, which saw the show cut to one-hour and moved to Friday nights on USA Network, where it remained there until its final episode on September 24, 1986. Prime Time Wrestling replaced TNT in its Tuesday time slot on January 1, 1985.</div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45191" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>...And Wikipedia for the win:</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Having TNT too would just be absolute over kill, honestly hadn't noticed Orndorff''s momentum.</p>