Movie Tycoon 7

FlameSnoopy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>So I went back to the forum wondering if there's another MT going and indeed there is! First and foremost, great job to FlameSnoopy on the rules overhaul and the detailed first post.</p><p> </p><p>

Studio Name: Goliath of Entertainment</p><p> </p><p>

Question, is it possible to request to add more talents(in a specific manner, like I request Actor A and B) into the database? From my experience in playing Hollywood Mogul, even 500 actors and 500 actresses aren't enough to cover all age range and character type and that's counting out directors. Of course, I am not saying we need that much here, but I think there's a chance I would like to use someone else than the 179 currently in the database. Maybe a request limit per movie or per month as you see fit?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Valkyria" data-cite="Valkyria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Now to the difficult part, after some thinking Bourbon Street Production can't really affort any of the contacted actresses without making huge cuts in the Production department. BSP has learned from his mistakes in Dixie's Garden and wants to increase the Production Budget. So here is the thing. Bourbon Street Productions wants to contact the following 4 actresses again and ask if one of them is willing to work with a paycut in exchange for one of the Lead Roles in the Movie after Meathook. If that is not an Option, we are also available to futher Negotiations. The afore mentioned actresses are <strong>Emma Watson, Amanda Seyfried, Margot Robbie</strong> and <strong>Kirsten Dunst</strong>.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> OK, here's the deal, after i put some more thought into this, i realised that i was way into all these big Names with the Female Lead role. So scratch the part in the citation and let me go in with a different approach:</p><p> </p><p> Bourbon Street Productions would like to offer the Role of Emily Mondy to the Following Actresses: <strong>Emmy Rossum</strong> and <strong>Lucy Hale</strong>.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I went back to the forum wondering if there's another MT going and indeed there is! First and foremost, great job to FlameSnoopy on the rules overhaul and the detailed first post.<p> </p><p> Studio Name: Goliath of Entertainment</p><p> </p><p> Question, is it possible to request to add more talents(in a specific manner, like I request Actor A and B) into the database? From my experience in playing Hollywood Mogul, even 500 actors and 500 actresses aren't enough to cover all age range and character type and that's counting out directors. Of course, I am not saying we need that much here, but I think there's a chance I would like to use someone else than the 179 currently in the database. Maybe a request limit per movie or per month as you see fit?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The impression I've gotten is use whoever you want, and if they're not in the database yet, the numbers get figured out then and added, since the database is being rebuilt over time as we go.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The impression I've gotten is use whoever you want, and if they're not in the database yet, the numbers get figured out then and added, since the database is being rebuilt over time as we go.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's always been my operating theory when casting in this game. It's one of the reasons I lean toward soap stars like Kate Mansi and Olivia Rose Keegan. If they aren't in the pool, they'll get added. Even if I'm the only one on this board who had heard of them beforehand.</p>

Hey guys i have no idea when I'm going to be able to get my movie up tbh. I love this game and reading all of your movies but over the past 2 weeks my exams prevented me from writing anymore of my movie and now I'm going on holiday for a week so it has to be put on hold even further which sucks but what can you do? I hope to be able to finish it off when I get back after my holiday.

<p>Ok, i am in.</p><p> </p><p>

Valley of Hope Films will start their business and is ready with their first title.</p><p> </p><p>

TITLE: Falak</p><p>

GENRE: Drama</p><p>

PLOT SUMMARY: A down and out former swimming coach gets a glimmer of hope when he sees the talent in a child of prostitute and makes his life mission to groom the girl to success breaking the shackles of the particular society they both belong to and redeeming himself in the eyes of public.</p><p>

RATING: Not sure but i will go with R(sex scenes,prostitution, violence, profanity)</p><p>

DISTRIBUTION SIZE: TBD</p><p> </p><p>

DIRECTOR: This movie will be Bollywood based so our cast will be from that region. Our top three choices are<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neeraj_Pandey" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Neeraj Pandey</strong></a>, <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Madhvani" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Ram Madhvani</strong></a>, and <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitesh_Tiwari" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Nitesh Tiwari</strong></a></p><p> </p><p>

LEAD: Krish Bansal</p><p> </p><p>

He is the primary protagonist, a former champion Indian swimmer who was wrongly stripped of his medals due to a doping scandal which will be showed in flashbacks. He is now a swimming coach who is trying to groom the next generation of swimmers from his own community and he grooms the main protagonist, the female kid swimmer.</p><p> </p><p>

We’re interested in <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrfan_Khan" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Irrfan Khan</strong></a>, <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Fazal" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Ali Fazal</strong></a>, and <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manoj_Bajpayee" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Manoj Bajpayee</strong></a>.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

LEAD: Falak</p><p> </p><p>

Falak is a small town girl, of age 15 who is a swimming prodigy and has a raw in-born talent for the same. She gets groomed by Bansal to break free of her society's shackle and to make a career in swimming.</p><p> </p><p>

We’re interested in <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaira_Wasim" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Zaira Wasim</strong></a>, <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gracy_Goswami" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Gracy Goswami</strong></a>.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

SUPPORT: Shabina</p><p> </p><p>

Shabina is the main prostitute of the community she lives in and Krish is her most important client. She is also the mother of the child protagonist and she wants her daughter to follow in her footsteps and take the family business forward.</p><p> </p><p>

We’re approaching <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahana_Goswami" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Shahana Goswami</strong></a>, <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swara_Bhaskar" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Swara Bhaskar</strong></a>, <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huma_Qureshi_(actress)" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Huma Qureshi</strong></a></p><p> </p><p>

SUPPORT: Robert Plant</p><p> </p><p>

Robert Plant is the primary antagonist and one of the main rivals during Krish Bansal's glory years who would be the key architect to destroy his career and later on surface to obstruct Falak's journey.</p><p> </p><p>

We’d like to speak with <strong>Sebastian Stan</strong>, <strong>Ken Jeong</strong>, <strong>Liev Schreiber</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

SUPPORT: Jennifer</p><p> </p><p>

An australian blonde who is the girlfriend of Robert Plant and carries an affair with Krish Bansal, destroying him in the process. She also has a recurring role as the architect of devious schemes of Robert Plant.</p><p> </p><p>

We’re in talks with <strong>Serinda Swan</strong>, <strong>Mercedes Mason</strong>, and <strong>Kazumi Evans</strong>.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

MINOR: Basant Tiwari</p><p> </p><p>

Best friend of Krish Bansal who supports him through thick and thin and gives him finance to run his swimming academy.</p><p> </p><p>

If Nitesh Tiwary directs the film, he will also play this character. If not then, <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nawazuddin_Siddiqui" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Nawazuddin Siddiqui</strong></a></p><p> </p><p>

Other Minor Characters:</p><p>

1. Mr. Mishra - head of UP Swimming Association ( I would like to take 1 minor character)</p><p>

2. Badrinath Bansal - father of Krish Bansal For this, we would discuss with <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naseeruddin_Shah" rel="external nofollow">Naseruddin Shah</a> and <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjay_Mishra_(actor)" rel="external nofollow">Sanjay Mishra</a></p><p>

3. Dilruba Bansal - mother of Krish Bansal and one of the famous hooker of her own time. I would like to talk with <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divya_Dutta" rel="external nofollow">Divya Dutta</a> for this role.</p>

Good luck with your flick, Kanegan. Can't wait to see how Falak plays out. It's so far afield from what the typical Hollywood flick would be that I can't help be curious to see what you've come up with.

Actually, i am an amateur writer and this kind of ideas keep bouncing on my head. Though i have been a part of GDS for last 6 years, i have never managed to become a part of MT. So, hopefully Flamesnoopy quickly carries out the negotiations so i can finish the plot.

<p>Been busy and got a bunch more stuff lined up this month, but July should be back to normal.</p><p> </p><p>

As far as the size of the database, it's small because it's being created from scratch this time (while every other MT just built on the previous one, so there was literally years of work there). Also, adding people accurately into the database is time consuming. But like the helpful people said, feel free to cast people who aren't in it and they'll get added.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bourbon Street Productions' MEATHOOK Negotiations:</strong></p><p>

Emmy Rossum: $1.8M</p><p>

Lucy Hale: $1.2M</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Todos Santos Studios' THE DUKE OF OAKLAND Negotiations:</strong></p><p>

Ryan Coogler: He already has an exclusive deal in place.</p><p>

Jordan Peele: $1.6M</p><p>

Spike Lee: $4.9M</p><p>

Chadwick Boseman: $2.7M</p><p>

Michael B. Jordan: $4.5M</p><p>

Daniel Kaluuya: $1M</p><p>

(SUPP) Hayden Panettiere: $900K</p><p>

Emilia Clarke: She is surprised to be thought of anything other than a leading actress, but upon giving it some further thought thinks the production might boost her reputation. For that reason, she is willing to cut down to $1.3M</p><p>

Brie Larson: $1.2M</p><p>

Ellen Page: $1.4M</p><p>

Jeremy Renner: $1.5M</p><p>

Jared Leto: $1.1M</p><p>

(SUPP) James Franco: He already has an exclusive deal in place.</p><p>

Bradley Cooper: $1.7M</p><p>

Ewan McGregor: $1.1M</p><p>

Jon Hamm: He would really enjoy the role, so is willing to cut down to $1M</p><p>

Liev Schreiber: He already has an exclusive deal in place.</p><p>

Will Smith: He thinks he is far too big for this production no matter what role it is.</p><p>

Peter Dinklage: $1M</p><p>

Gary Oldman: $1.3M</p><p>

Patrick Stewart: He already has an exclusive deal in place.</p><p>

Christoph Waltz: He already has an exclusive deal in place.</p><p>

LeVar Burton: Due to his other obligation being only a minor role, he is available and asks for $700K</p><p>

Bill Murray: $1.4M</p><p>

Jason Segel: $200K</p><p>

Anthony Mackie: $140K</p><p>

Nathan Fillion: $200K</p>

<p>Todos Santos Studios is proud to announce the cast of "The Duke of Oakland!"</p><p> </p><p>

- <strong>Jordan Peele</strong> has been hired to direct, and will be paid $1.6 million.</p><p>

- <strong>Chadwick Boseman</strong> carries a hefty price tag, but we need some star power and genuine acting ability for our lead role. As such, he's been hired to play Marcus Jackson, and will be paid $2.7 million.</p><p>

- Because we hired Boseman, we needed to cut some financial corners elsewhere. We appreciate Emilia Clarke's enthusiasm in considering a reduced role (and for that, we may have to write a part for her down the line), but ultimately, we've decided to go with <strong>Hayden Panettiere</strong>. She'll be paid $900K for the role of Amanda Smith.</p><p>

- <strong>Jared Leto</strong> has been hired to play the role of Jared Henderson, and he'll be paid $1.1 million.</p><p>

- We're thrilled that <strong>Jon Hamm</strong> was enthusiastic about the role of Patrick Loman, and we're happy to welcome him aboard at the cost of $1 million.</p><p>

- We're also happy to work with the criminally-underrated <strong>LeVar Burton</strong>, who will be paid $700K for the role of Walt Masters. Hopefully, the former "Reading Rainbow" host is ready to steal some scenes.</p><p>

- Finally, <strong>Anthony Mackie</strong> (the scene-stealer from "Captain America: Civil War") has been hired to play Gary Porter. He'll be paid $140K.</p><p> </p><p>

The total cost of our talent is $8.14 million. We'll invest $1.2 million in marketing and $1 million in production, bringing the total bill up to $10.34 million (our total cash on hand following "The Midnight Riders"). We're taking some gambles here, mainly with Boseman inflating the talent budget, but we're incredibly optimistic the result will be a picture that does "The Count of Monte Cristo" justice.</p><p> </p><p>

The movie may be online as soon as tonight or tomorrow morning.</p>

<p>OK, I finished writing the Movie and are now in the process of working out smaller plot holes, taking care of typos, yada yada yada... and here is the thing: after reading the script for like 300 times now, there isn't any justification for Emily Mondy to be a leading role, she is still a big part of the Story, but not "lead role big" (if that makes any sense) so i have to degrade her to a supporting character, which makes Liev Schreiber the sole leading man for this project.</p><p> </p><p>

With that beeing said, Bourbon Street Productions would like to offer the now Supporting Charakter of Emily Mondy to the followng Actresses: <strong>Daisy Ridley, Ellen Page, Abigail Breslin and Amanda Seyfried</strong> again.</p><p> </p><p>

PS: @FlameSnoopy if you start to hate me or find me annoying at this point, I could totally understand it</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jack ryder" data-cite="jack ryder" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Studio: Hot Freezy Studios<p> First Movie would be titled "Detective James" will start the negotiating soon.</p><p> </p><p> @Kanegan Good to see another Bollywood buff here. I am from that region FYI.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Me too buddy, from Kolkata.</p><p> </p><p> Where are you from??</p>

<p>I am from Telangana. </p><p>

I am amazed to see another Indian on this forum. I have never seen any Indian talking about any of the Grey Dog Software Games.</p><p> </p><p>

@Flame Snoopy Can we suggest any changes to any skill levels of any person with backing it up not just shouting it?</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<p>Sounds like a pretty good game opening idea, Comic Fighter. Kind of reminds me of one of the suspense flicks you'd see on Lifetime except for the male leads. Also strikes me as a spiritual prequel to my flick, Green Eyed Monster, from the last game.</p><p> </p><p>

The big thing I'd say to help you out with your story is I hope you have your story beats figured out already. Since you read through the last three runs of the game, I'm sure you've noticed there are always folks who start out to play and then fall by the wayside. The most common mistake those folks make is to post their proposal as soon as they have their pre-casting done. Only for the writing to overwhelm them because they have to chart the story's course and write it all in one big gulp.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sounds like a pretty good game opening idea, Comic Fighter. Kind of reminds me of one of the suspense flicks you'd see on Lifetime except for the male leads. Also strikes me as a spiritual prequel to my flick, Green Eyed Monster, from the last game.<p> </p><p> The big thing I'd say to help you out with your story is I hope you have your story beats figured out already. Since you read through the last three runs of the game, I'm sure you've noticed there are always folks who start out to play and then fall by the wayside. The most common mistake those folks make is to post their proposal as soon as they have their pre-casting done. Only for the writing to overwhelm them because they have to chart the story's course and write it all in one big gulp.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Speaking as someone who forgot the villain's evil scheme after a busy couple of weeks, I totally second this post. I have my movie half written and I forgot where I was going and need to go back to it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sounds like a pretty good game opening idea, Comic Fighter. Kind of reminds me of one of the suspense flicks you'd see on Lifetime except for the male leads. Also strikes me as a spiritual prequel to my flick, Green Eyed Monster, from the last game.<p> </p><p> </p><p> How do you like my new idea, The Champ is Here</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The big thing I'd say to help you out with your story is I hope you have your story beats figured out already. Since you read through the last three runs of the game, I'm sure you've noticed there are always folks who start out to play and then fall by the wayside. The most common mistake those folks make is to post their proposal as soon as they have their pre-casting done. Only for the writing to overwhelm them because they have to chart the story's course and write it all in one big gulp.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have found that my biggest obstacle to starting this game is I have more of the big bang ideas like action films, fantasy films and so on and much less for things like drama and such. That and you can't get into the big bang ideas unless you do well with your budget-friendly ideas. Budget is certainly a beyotch.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have found that my biggest obstacle to starting this game is I have more of the big bang ideas like action films, fantasy films and so on and much less for things like drama and such. That and you can't get into the big bang ideas unless you do well with your budget-friendly ideas. Budget is certainly a beyotch.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can see that too. Budget is one place where I see my lack of knowledge of today's A listers to actually be an advantage for me. Since I don't know my Cooper Bradleys from my Jay Laws, hiring stars I know something about and can relate to comes without the price tag that genres in your comfort zone would. I think that's also why you were seeing Russel do animated films like Madeline and Greenwater Amusements before he got banned. With voice actors, even top level talent like Tom Kenny and Tara Strong will come much cheaper than live action A listers. After all, it ultimately doesn't matter who played ParaNorman, who voiced Elsa in Frozen, or who did Riley and her emotions in Inside Out. As long as kids love the characters, the film will work.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can see that too. Budget is one place where I see my lack of knowledge of today's A listers to actually be an advantage for me. Since I don't know my Cooper Bradleys from my Jay Laws, hiring stars I know something about and can relate to comes without the price tag that genres in your comfort zone would. I think that's also why you were seeing Russel do animated films like Madeline and Greenwater Amusements before he got banned. With voice actors, even top level talent like Tom Kenny and Tara Strong will come much cheaper than live action A listers. After all, it ultimately doesn't matter who played ParaNorman, who voiced Elsa in Frozen, or who did Riley and her emotions in Inside Out. As long as kids love the characters, the film will work.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can definitely agree that A-listers cost a boatload of money in real life. This game actually keeps that in check and is more "producer friendly" than hollywood simulation video game where an actual A-lister can cost like 20-30M to hire. My issue with budget is that all the things in my brain kinda takes a lot of budget to make. I am sure one can make budget movies with every genre, like The Raid: Redemption vs Fast & Furious, but my imagination tends to lean toward the F&F side on most parts.</p><p> </p><p> Also, good point on animation films. I guess real life Hollywood doesn't really need to hire their A-listers to voice the characters anyway. Kids aren't going to check behind the curtain, that's for sure.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> My issue with budget is that all the things in my brain kinda takes a lot of budget to make. I am sure one can make budget movies with every genre, like The Raid: Redemption vs Fast & Furious, but my imagination tends to lean toward the F&F side on most parts.<p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Another good reason to do animation if your story themes aren't too mature. It costs a lot less to draw stuff blowing up on a computer than it does to blow real stuff up. Not to mention that all your characters will happily do their own stunts. Your cast needn't care. They just have to give the characters a voice.</p>

<p>sorry guys this is my final decision for my first flick i promise. wow finding a good first flick is difficult.</p><p> </p><p>

Titan Film's debut flick:</p><p>

MOVIE DETAILS</p><p>

› Title: The Hangout Project</p><p>

› Genre: Horror</p><p>

› Brief Summary Of The Plot: : A group of five friends who are uninvited by a popular student due to bullying in school plan revenge with a dose of humiliation and party crashing for fun. However, things take a turn for the worst when the party goers and the host are revealed to be violent, bloodthirsty mutants who stalk the five party crashers, hell bent on but satisfying themselves with guts and gore.</p><p>

› Rating: : Rated R for intense strong violence/gore, sexuality/nudity, drug use, and pervasive language - all involving teens. </p><p>

› Production Cost: Have yet to calculate</p><p>

› Marketing Cost: "</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

TALENT CASTING</p><p>

› Director: Thinking of who can tackle a project like this and succesfully take it in the direction we want them to... Offer to Adam Wingard</p><p> </p><p>

› Lead Role: </p><p> </p><p>

Damon Lerman- The main protagonist of the movie. He is a cocky, athletic 19 year old dude who enjoys playing guitar and hanging out with friends.</p><p>

Offer to Josh Hutcherson, Tye Sheridan</p><p> </p><p>

Lead Role</p><p> </p><p>

Sean Davidson - The secondary main protagonist of the movie. He is a quiet, smart, but also not a very sociable 17 year old kid. </p><p>

Offer to </p><p>

Tom Holland, Timothee Chalamet</p><p> </p><p>

Major Role</p><p>

Frank Dempsey - An average weight, lazy but funny 20 year old stoner who loves to hang out with Damon and his best friends while also studying houses.</p><p>

Offer to Will Poulter, Rj Cyler</p><p> </p><p>

Major Role</p><p>

Kendra Burgos - A hot, sassy, but charismatic 18 year old cheerleader in high school who is dating Bradley after breaking up with Damon.</p><p> </p><p>

Offer to Zendaya, Chole Grace Moretz </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Major Role</p><p> </p><p>

Bradley Lawrence - A cocky, egotistical 21 year old college student who specializes in boxing and other combat skills (like Sean) and is one of Damon's best friends, dating Kendra. </p><p>

Offer to Ansel Elgort</p><p> </p><p>

Minor Role</p><p>

Elissa Santos - A queen bee who relishes looking down at the unpopular people, treating them with disrespect. </p><p>

Offer to Olivia Cooke</p><p> </p><p>

This will be a found footage film</p>

Archived