TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<p>I am going to do my first mod in about a decade. I've been debating a few ideas in my head, but what would be the most interesting to you folks?</p><p> </p><p>

a) 1995 (USA is not good, but lots of great promotions, Japan and Mexico are HUGE)</p><p> </p><p>

b) Early 80s (territories)</p><p> </p><p>

c) I like the idea of a database that has wrestlers/promotions etc.. from a variety of generations at the same time. I'm thinking something like the Y2K virus causes the world to go haywire. January 1st 2000 sees people from all over time mixed up all over the place with history wiped out. </p><p> </p><p>

It is now 2020 and wrestling now has 20 years of history, but it's all mixed up. John Cena was the WWE's biggest star and Bruno Sammartino is there current top star. Shawn Michaels is an up and comer, while Randy Orton is a veteran. Stuff like that.</p><p> </p><p>

Any interest?</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I hope we get some sort of feature with companies belts being defended in other companies. Maybe a deal which both companies have to been working an agreement and sign a contract?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I mean.. it's not a huge deal but man would that make the game so much better. We've seen it happen all the time in the real world. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

ROH title at NJPW </p><p> </p><p>

FIP titles at ROH </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

TNA title at NJPW </p><p> </p><p>

GHC World Title at TNA</p><p> </p><p>

RevPro at NJPW.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Im sure theres more of examples like this I just really want it to be a feature in the game.</p>

<p>A few questions, linked one to another, to Adam Ryland regarding the new venue-location entry:</p><p> </p><p>

1) Booking one show to a location or venue with the same attendance in the same region will have a difference on the show importance, rating and costs? </p><p> </p><p>

2) There will be a difference regarding of show importance, rating and costs if the venue and location have different reputation? For example Manhattan has good reputation while Madison Square Garden has excellent.</p><p> </p><p>

3) This could potentially lead to a suggestion posted in the right sub forum. Is it indoors-outdoors or weather considered as a new option for location and venues? To make a quick example if I have as a venue Lambeau Field (home stadium of the American football franchise Green Bay Packers) or Green Bay as location it would be difficult to hold a show there during winter time while in summer it would be easier.</p><p> </p><p>

In any case, what a good news is TEW 2020 and I'm looking forward to it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kitarzu" data-cite="Kitarzu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1) Booking one show to a location or venue with the same attendance in the same region will have a difference on the show importance, rating and costs? </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There'd be no difference.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kitarzu" data-cite="Kitarzu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2) There will be a difference regarding of show importance, rating and costs if the venue and location have different reputation? For example Manhattan has good reputation while Madison Square Garden has excellent.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The importance of the venues and locations is not connected to costs or ratings at all. It retains the same use as in previous games, in that it's used to help decide whether companies go.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kitarzu" data-cite="Kitarzu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>3) Is it indoors-outdoors or weather considered as a new option for location and venues?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, weather is not something that is taken into account.</p>

<p>First entry that I see as mixed to negative.</p><p> </p><p>

The good : Mexico being expanded.</p><p>

India showing up.</p><p> </p><p>

The not-so-good : No south america still (For historical mods mostly)</p><p>

No change to the USA - It is completely bonkers that Saskatchewan is a Region on its own but California, Texas, and Florida aren't. The number of single state promotions both historically and currently in the US is overwhelming. They aren't an exception... They are practically the rule. Very disappointing.</p>

India is a cool enough addition, looking forward to seeing what the Cornellverse will look like there. It is a bit of a shame that with a complete re-work of the game, there doesn't seem to be potential to either include a system that incorporates the whole world, or gives freedom for areas/regions to be modded. But any new areas/regions are always welcome, particularly Wales finally making it in.

I see the MMA landscape and wrestling landscape as being too very different beasts. I don't feel that what's best for WMMA is best for TEW, or vice versa.

would it be possible to atleast split off the big 3 states? Hawaii and Puerto Rico are on their own. Add Alaska while you're at it...

Something like ;

Alaska

California

Florida

Hawaii

Puerto Rico

Texas

North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming)

South West (Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico)

Mid West (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa)

Mid South (Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas)

Great Lakes (Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky)

South East (Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana)

New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut)

Tri State (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania)

Mid Atlantic (Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina)

California on its own has more people in it than Canada, with Texas and Florida coming pretty close. Alaska has a comparable population to Saskatchewan. I think this small change would go a long way to making the game world more representative of North America.

I see the MMA landscape and wrestling landscape as being too very different beasts. I don't feel that what's best for WMMA is best for TEW, or vice versa.

Absolutely acceptable, but why won‘t you include Asia? For example WWE held two shows this year in Saudi Arabia.

Absolutely acceptable, but why won‘t you include Asia? For example WWE held two shows this year in Saudi Arabia.

Agreed... how about a generic "Rest of the World" area with regions for Central America, South America, Africa, The Middle East and The Far East? It's a way to get Korea and China in the mix too...

They did... but those were not exactly "normal" shows held for typical reasons. They were also come with a huge amount of baggage. TEW obviously doesn't need to include the reasons for that baggage, but "shows purchased for government propaganda" isn't really ideal reasons to include shows either.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They did... but those were not exactly "normal" shows held for typical reasons. They were also come with a huge amount of baggage. TEW obviously doesn't need to include the reasons for that baggage, but "shows purchased for government propaganda" isn't really ideal reasons to include shows either.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Please stop to bring the Political Topic to the table. </p><p> The biggest Wrestling Promotion Held an event in Asia this year, the stadium was sold out twice. Therefore there is a market for Wrestling. And thats what the Game should be all about. Not politics.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JoMo" data-cite="JoMo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Please stop to bring the Political Topic to the table. <p> The biggest Wrestling Promotion Held an event in Asia this year, the stadium was sold out twice. Therefore there is a market for Wrestling. And thats what the Game should be all about. Not politics.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I wasn't pointing it out as an attempt to "bring politics to the table". I was trying to point out the reality that it was not a standard WWE show that was promoted in the normal way for the normal reasons. Even leaving aside any issues with what government it was, it was still a government paying the promoter massive sums of money to hold those shows. Take that away and those shows almost certainly do not happen. So pointing them as "we should be able to promote shows here" isn't the strongest argument when those two shows were not promoted as wrestling shows normally are, or how it works in the game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BoredomTM" data-cite="BoredomTM" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The addition of India is really cool, but I never heard about it having a big market other than that failed Ring Ka King project from TNA a few years back. May I ask why India was chosen over, say, South America or China?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This. I'm a little confused. I understand Adams answer, but A LOT more wrestling runs worldwide than MMA.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BoredomTM" data-cite="BoredomTM" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The addition of India is really cool, but I never heard about it having a big market other than that failed Ring Ka King project from TNA a few years back. May I ask why India was chosen over, say, South America or China?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> India is actually a big market where everyone is getting into now, not just WWE. And it has potential just for the broadcasts alone, and their respective revenue. WWE signed profitable deals there iirc, and other business ventures have done so. I think the inclusion of India is fine, but I'm of the opinion that the entire world should be added. </p><p> </p><p> I know WMMA and TEW are completely different games and maybe it is hard to adapt one feature to the other, even if rewriting, i don't know, I'm not the one making the game, so Adam's response is not unacceptable or anything of those sorts, I just think that there is indeed much more wrestling around the world than MMA, as Wayne28 pointed out, and well, so I think that given we're getting a "new game", so to speak, it would be awesome to finally be able to include the entire world, which is what we've been wanting for a long time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BoredomTM" data-cite="BoredomTM" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The addition of India is really cool, but I never heard about it having a big market other than that failed Ring Ka King project from TNA a few years back. May I ask why India was chosen over, say, South America or China?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sure. India looks like it is has the potential to be a really big market down the line due to its size, political scene, and culture, so I think it's going to be far more important in the coming wrestling world than the two you mentioned. </p><p> </p><p> All three were debated, as was a Rest Of The World area (which was dropped because it was not feasible without having a negative impact on other features, not because it wasn't a fine idea), but ultimately there are space and processing time considerations to take into account and if only one area is going to be added, India is the clear choice for me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sure. India looks like it is has the potential to be a really big market down the line due to its size, political scene, and culture, so I think it's going to be far more important in the coming wrestling world than the two you mentioned. <p> </p><p> All three were debated, as was a Rest Of The World area (which was dropped because it was not feasible without having a negative impact on other features, not because it wasn't a fine idea), but ultimately there are space and processing time considerations to take into account and if only one area is going to be added, India is the clear choice for me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What about the inclusion of letting the player add regions and game areas? That way every camp would be happy</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wasn't pointing it out as an attempt to "bring politics to the table". I was trying to point out the reality that it was not a standard WWE show that was promoted in the normal way for the normal reasons. Even leaving aside any issues with what government it was, it was still a government paying the promoter massive sums of money to hold those shows. Take that away and those shows almost certainly do not happen. So pointing them as "we should be able to promote shows here" isn't the strongest argument when those two shows were not promoted as wrestling shows normally are, or how it works in the game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Expanding what BigPapa said, beyond the fact that the two shows you referenced were sponsored by a murderous tyrannical regime, what sort of wrestling scene is there in Saudi Arabia? Qatar? UAE? I wager not much. Wrestling might be big there, but it doesn't seem to me that there is much, if any, of a local presence. Wrestling in the Middle East consists of WWE doing the occasional tour/government propaganda.</p>